Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 01:34 AM   #1541
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

I am going to Shasta Lake! Then back to Indio rather than here. I doubt I'll be able to post during the three weeks.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:38 AM   #1542
katya
Elven Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson

Trek.
eh heh yeah, that's what I meant. ^^;,
Quote:
I haven't seen those. X-Files is an X-Men show, correct? I read one of the comics stories once. Are the episodes good?
Alright, now we're even. x-files is nothing whatsoever like X-men. You should know X-files. It's Mulder and Scully, FBI agents, investigating sort of supernatural things which are called "x-files"? That show owns my soul. So to speak.
Quote:
Where are you going, and will you still be able to access Entmoot?
See the foreign exchange thread. Should answer your questions. I'll be accessing Entmoot as much as politely possible.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:41 AM   #1543
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
I am going to Shasta Lake! Then back to Indio rather than here. I doubt I'll be able to post during the three weeks.
Have a fun trip . I just got back from vacation, and am being pushed back into math . And physical exercise- morning running . And French studies . And writing an essay . I also have a friend whose family recently lost someone close, and I want to write a letter, but can't think of the right thing . Have a fun trip. Feel very guilty that I can't be having fun too. Just kidding, of course .

What kind of activities will you be involved in?

Katya, will you have Internet access in Japan?
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 08-03-2005 at 01:49 AM.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:46 AM   #1544
katya
Elven Maiden

I should, a little. I know my first host family has internet, but I don't know if it's expensive or something. And I should be able to have access at school, but whether I'll be able to use that for Mooting... And I might be able to use an internet cafe or something. I'll be checking in as often as I can, but I don't want to get in trouble for being on the internet too much. I know of kids who have been sent home for things like that.

I will be involved in whatever Rotary forces me to participate in. I'm really not sure, but I'll be keeping a record somewhere. I'll be going to school and being an ambassador to represent America. OK...
Old 08-03-2005, 01:50 AM   #1545
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by katya
I should, a little. I know my first host family has internet, but I don't know if it's expensive or something. And I should be able to have access at school, but whether I'll be able to use that for Mooting... And I might be able to use an internet cafe or something. I'll be checking in as often as I can, but I don't want to get in trouble for being on the internet too much. I know of kids who have been sent home for things like that.

I will be involved in whatever Rotary forces me to participate in. I'm really not sure, but I'll be keeping a record somewhere. I'll be going to school and being an ambassador to represent America. OK...
Good luck . I think I'm about to go to bed. It was an early morning and has been a very fatiguing Entmoot Islam debate.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 08-03-2005 at 01:52 AM.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:52 AM   #1546
katya
Elven Maiden

Arigatou. And good night.

Last edited by katya : 08-03-2005 at 01:53 AM.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:58 AM   #1547
trolls' bane

Okay, something real wierd is going on. Entire posts are appearing out of the blue, BEFORE other posts that I have already read.

Anyway, I just created a Martian Canal thread. I always end up finishing my threads later. I just can't start one thread without posting "Will finish later."
Old 08-03-2005, 02:04 AM   #1548
katya
Elven Maiden

Come to think of it, that happened to me too. I thought it was just my imagination. We need Mulder and Scully here to investigate.

TB, sweetness! You're a space nerd! ...the whole story might help. Did you ever realize that putting "space" in front of anything makes it sound cooler? "Space rock" is obviously cooler than an Earth rock. "Space food", much cooler than Earth food. And my favourite, "space pajamas".^^ My friend and I decided I was a space nerd, just because I like astronomy, then we realized, wow that's cool. A space nerd is of course cooler than a regular nerd.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:26 AM   #1549
trolls' bane

Wow! I never would have thought it! Since the kids in Middle School and probably the kids in High School (who will probably be the same ones) all tend to think backwards. I was the most popular kid in school! The smart kids hated me, the dumb ones partially respected me (because they could sneak a glance at my answers), and my teachers adored me. Now I get promoted!
Whole story? It's there now!
I really only got interested in it about two months ago. Before that, I didn't know the difference between a crater and a hole in the ground, but now I can probably tell a volcanic crater from a meteorite crater by comparing two.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:31 AM   #1550
katya
Elven Maiden

I had been a huge space nerd when I was little- I was so proud that I could name all nine planets, and I used to watch Magic Schoolbus Lost in Space over and over again. Then it was dormant for a while, until we studied universal gravitation in physics class. Then I decided I wanted to get into astronomy back in February.... not only a cold month, but statistically the cloudiest of the year.

My teachers used to like me in middle school because I was quiet and did my homework. Now they dislike me because I'm loud and I'm a slacker. I turn my homework in half-done at the last minute, if I do at all, and I just do well on tests to keep my grades up. That is, except physics class. I tried my best in that class. Got a hard-earned A.

Hey, I thought you were going to bed. I'm not complaining or anything though.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:38 AM   #1551
trolls' bane

I really find no point in going to bed anymore. If I go to bed at 10 PM, I won't fall asleep until 1 AM at the best. Usually, I'll fall asleep at 3 AM. It makes no difference how tired I am. When I do fall asleep, several hours of my day are taken away because I am then extremely tired. I usually get up by ten no matter what, but then what for? My net doesn't work on my computer at all, and Mom's is not available till around three or later. Then, I go on and find out that no one posted, or at best, I reply to one or two things, and then have nothing to do until 8 PMhen lot's more people come on. Then I am occupied, and am not wasting my time trying to sleep when I know it's useless.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:45 AM   #1552
katya
Elven Maiden

I have odd sleeping habits too. I usually take at least a good hour to go to sleep if I'm reasonably tired. These days, (past week or so) I've been staying up the entire night, usually until sunrise. There's nothing to do in the morning. I'd rather sleep then and be awake when my family's alseep and leaves me alone. I sleep whenever I feel like it generally, but sometimes my mom yells at me. She's illogical.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:51 AM   #1553
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Not to mention, no commercials. It's the only way to go for shows like that.
Yeah. That's one of the reasons why I download. Also because we don't get widescreen broadcasts in SA.
Quote:
X-Files is an X-Men show, correct?
Hehe.
Quote:
It's hard work though. I think I need some caffeine... or maybe some speed....
Hmmm. Speed.
Quote:
And writing an essay .
I wrote the first chapter of a short story last night, on my phone. How sad. And gay. Read it.
Quote:
Did you ever realize that putting "space" in front of anything makes it sound cooler?
Spacetaxes? Nah. Spaceballs isn't too bad though.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:54 AM   #1554
katya
Elven Maiden

Oh, space taxes are much better. I almost wouldn't mind paying them. By the way, I won't mention my dad's attempt at an exception.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:54 AM   #1555
trolls' bane

Well, I'd actually be having a useful summer if both me and my parents were'nt insomiacs. They don't like me up, and I don't like them up, and they are worse at sleeping than I am. It's real annoying. I was almost ready to cross the street and just show up for summer school in my old middle school, just for something to do. I'm serious about that. It is so boring. That's why this trip can never be to soon or too long.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:56 AM   #1556
katya
Elven Maiden

I get a lot done in the middle of the night. I've been known to stay up late cleaning. 'Course now I'm just messing around and downloading Plastic Tree music, but I don't think that has anything to do with time of day.

Lucky for me, all of my immediate family (with the exception of baby brother) like to sleep at night.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:57 AM   #1557
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

I take my meds, read three or four pages of a book, and I'm out. But I need to get to sleep by about 23h30-midnight if I'm to be efficient at 08h00.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:05 AM   #1558
trolls' bane

To tell you the truth, I take meds, which have me falling asleep in my dinner but actually make me wake up once I get into bed.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:05 AM   #1559
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

I tend to wake up at 02h30 from dehydration.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:06 AM   #1560
katya
Elven Maiden

I can be functional on a very small amount of sleep (2 hours, for a limited amount of consecutive nights) but if I go to sleep at a drastically different time of day I can get screwed up. I had to explain to my mom that now that I'm used to going to bed at dawn, if I have to go back so soon, then go back again when I get into Japan, I'm not going to be too happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andúril
I wrote the first chapter of a short story last night, on my phone. How sad. And gay. Read it.
Yare yare. I won't ask.
Closed Thread