Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2002, 01:10 AM   #1421
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

ack! I lost my crochet hook, and now I can't finish the toque (or beanie, or stocking cap, or ski hat or what have you) I was making out of this lovely blue knobby yar--wait! now this has turned into an anti-vent! I found my crochet hook! O happy day!

here's my new vent: I hate that I always mis-judge the size of people's heads when I'm making toques.
Old 11-11-2002, 03:19 AM   #1422
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Well, today I got hauled up to the office because a stupid customer complained about my phone manner! Can I help it that I am hard of hearing, and that he had a heavy accent???
Old 11-11-2002, 03:53 AM   #1423
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
Eventually I was able to warm up again. I draped my self over the electric fire for 15 minutes, ate two chocolates and drank a large cup of tea. Hot chocolate is very tasty too but I didn't have time to make it.
OMGoodness, I saw your post quoting my post and I'm totally embarassed because I wrote "Belgium" chocolate twice instead of "Belgian". Whoops! Sorry

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 11-11-2002, 04:04 AM   #1424
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

crick - did I see somewhere that you crochet? It zipped by me and now I can't find it - you lost your needle or something. I crochet too!

My vent - I was crocheting at about the rate of 1 afghan a year for my various relatives and friends - got out about 10 reallly cool ones (no, NOT the multi-colored granny squares!!!! It's with a special needle that makes them really thick, like fabric, and really warm), and since my first kid was born 12 years ago, I've only done 1/3 of one!!! It's for my husband, too - he got jealous that all his siblings were getting ones so I started his, and .... oh well.... I guess when they're all in college I'll finish it!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 11-11-2002, 05:02 AM   #1425
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

I'm upset because Blackstar.co.uk shipped my Extended Set last week (Thursday), and I haven't received it yet.

Oh, I suppose I do live over 10 000 000 meters away from England....

BoP, what's your tel no?
Old 11-11-2002, 03:10 PM   #1426
crickhollow

Rian- yeah, I crochet. I haven't gotten up the courage to attempt a full blanket, yet, though I have made several baby blankets for friends. scarves are easiest , but bags/purses are fun, too. toques are a bit more challenging for me.
Old 11-11-2002, 07:28 PM   #1427
crickhollow

the rain began last week. It's still raining. ten day forecast calls for rain every day. Ah, yes. November in the Northwest (or, since I'm in Canada, make that the Southwest )
Old 11-11-2002, 07:38 PM   #1428
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

rain for 10 days staight? eek. i couldn't take that much rain.
"I've sure enjoyed the rain but i'm looking forward to the sun"
Anyway we (alabama) had tornadoes and stuff last night. tennesse,mississppi, ohio, and pennsylvainia had some too. in all about 36 dead so far and some missing.a school and several houses destroyed.I dont' like tornado season.
Old 11-11-2002, 07:54 PM   #1429
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
WHERE did that book go? How am I supposed to do chapter notes without a bio book?
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 11-11-2002, 10:39 PM   #1430
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

this isn't really a vent but it is...

I am convinced I have kidney infections...great you wanted to know that right? Me too...Dam foldgers, and Dam mt. dew.

This one is deactivated, I think.
Old 11-12-2002, 01:30 AM   #1431
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Anduril
BoP, what's your tel no?
You are NOT going to ring me up and torment me, Anduril dearest.

Other than that, nothing to vent today. Since my histrionics yesterday, the silly git has been handling me with kid gloves.
Old 11-12-2002, 01:33 AM   #1432
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Aeryn
this isn't really a vent but it is...

I am convinced I have kidney infections...great you wanted to know that right?
Trust me, you'd know it if you had a kidney infection. Do you have a dull aching sensation in your back? A constant need to pee, even though there's nothing there? .... Yeah, I bet you wanted that information.
Old 11-12-2002, 01:49 AM   #1433
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

I hate mondays, specifically this monday. Normally it would be a happy day because it's a holiday and there isn't any school, but I found out this morning that now there won't be any Grandpa B. anymore. Just when I was starting to think he'd manage to outlive us all he ups and dies and it's sad. We're having the vigil on friday and the funeral on saturday. I really hate mondays.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 11-12-2002, 04:08 AM   #1434
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
BoP:
You are NOT going to ring me up and torment me, Anduril dearest.
Pwease? You can give me the number, and then I'll call you, and when you answer there will be an awkward pause, and then I'll hang up.
Old 11-12-2002, 03:42 PM   #1435
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby
Quote:
Originally posted by crickhollow
the rain began last week. It's still raining. ten day forecast calls for rain every day. Ah, yes. November in the Northwest (or, since I'm in Canada, make that the Southwest )
You try living in England. I minute its sunny the next its rain, hail, thunder and lighting!!
England is just too unpredictible. so if you ever come to Britain dont listen to the weather forcasters they never seem to be right

Why dont sheep shrink in the rain??
Old 11-12-2002, 04:16 PM   #1436
crickhollow

at least you get something other than rain.
Old 11-12-2002, 07:24 PM   #1437
durin's bane
Lady of Westernesse

Things aren't going well at school. There's this kid, Katie, who never leaves me alone! She' s annoying and thinks she always has to "hang out" with me and my friends. Of course, they hate her, too, but Heaven knows, the faculty and Katie are so senitive, if one even dares think something nasty about someone, it's detention for you. And what I'm really angry at Katie about is she SLAPPED MY LITTLE SISTER RIGHT ACROSS THE FACE WITH HER SLEEVE! I was ready to strangle her when the bell rang. During volley ball, when my group's ball goes over the net, she always has to catch that stupid thing. I'm always telling her, "It's ours. Leave it alone!" And guess what? She does it again. And again. And she's always bragging about the stuff she gets and how she gets to go to the airport in a limo and take a first class flight (which Tom Cruise will be on) to Disneyland! She won the lottery and gets anything she wants. Plus, she tries to make herself feel good about herself by saying, "The averege grade six student weighs from 100 to 160 pounds." That's not true! The average grade sixer weighs from 90 to 120 pounds. Well, either way, I'm underweight, since I weigh 80. I wish Katie would just disappear and I can't wait until she goes to Disneyland, and I hope she's gone for a long, long time.
Old 11-12-2002, 07:45 PM   #1438
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

I hate it when people do that!

Well, my only vent is that I have been wating for years (or so it seems) to wach the extended DVD, and my mom is not home yet, and may not even take me tonight (practises sad face, hoping that it will help to convince mom to take me). I have to take the money out of my bank acount, and paye it back later, but how?

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
Old 11-12-2002, 07:49 PM   #1439
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
Quote:
Originally posted by durin's bane
Things aren't going well at school. There's this kid, Katie, who never leaves me alone! She' s annoying and thinks she always has to "hang out" with me and my friends. Of course, they hate her, too, but Heaven knows, the faculty and Katie are so senitive, if one even dares think something nasty about someone, it's detention for you. And what I'm really angry at Katie about is she SLAPPED MY LITTLE SISTER RIGHT ACROSS THE FACE WITH HER SLEEVE! I was ready to strangle her when the bell rang. During volley ball, when my group's ball goes over the net, she always has to catch that stupid thing. I'm always telling her, "It's ours. Leave it alone!" And guess what? She does it again. And again. And she's always bragging about the stuff she gets and how she gets to go to the airport in a limo and take a first class flight (which Tom Cruise will be on) to Disneyland! She won the lottery and gets anything she wants. Plus, she tries to make herself feel good about herself by saying, "The averege grade six student weighs from 100 to 160 pounds." That's not true! The average grade sixer weighs from 90 to 120 pounds. Well, either way, I'm underweight, since I weigh 80. I wish Katie would just disappear and I can't wait until she goes to Disneyland, and I hope she's gone for a long, long time.
That is a nightmare.
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 11-12-2002, 07:55 PM   #1440
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by durin's bane
"The averege grade six student weighs from 100 to 160 pounds."
Oh yeah your right, definately not true, I'm in ninth and I only weigh 97, but I'm not underweight.

Closed Thread