Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 03:03 AM   #1401
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by cassiopeia
Poor BoP, is your boss being a total bastard again?
Yeah....

It's that whole lack of information thing again. I swear he's doing it deliberately. How can I perform well in my job if I don't have the appropriate information. Here's an example. I'm responsible for making sure the orders of ink get out in time, and he hasnt' even given me a list of courier times! How can I do time estimates when I don't know when the couriers are leaving?????

I'm feeling a little better now though; I've decided that come the 3 month performance review, I'm gonna demand better pay for this crap, or I'm quitting. It's that simple. I don't have to put up with this ****.
Old 11-08-2002, 05:38 AM   #1402
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

*sigh* poor crickhollow, she's pulling an all nighter again. Unhappy Medieval History paper. Normally I like this stuff, but I can't focus...

I feel welly sorry for myself.

sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
Old 11-08-2002, 06:14 AM   #1403
Dunadan
The Quite Querulous Quendi

Sorry to hear it, C. All-nighters suck. Hope you can grit your teeth, get it done and get out for a well-earned pint of "proper 1420" (or whatever your preferred reward would be) tonight
Old 11-08-2002, 12:21 PM   #1404
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Lousy weather, cold, rainy, nasty. Lousy sister, going to a exposition I wanted to see too even if I couldn't make it today because I had classes. Lousy practical contract that got mislaid. Lousy administration that mislaid my contract so that I couldn't get it signed at the company. Lousy company for being closed alreday at 4 pm. Lousy books that weigh a ton and totally crush my poor frail shoulders. Lousy paper I have to write and that refuses to progress positively. Lousy wind that constantly blows my hair in my face on the ONE day I decide to let it hang free. Also lousy wind and rain combined because of it my trousers got all wet even if I had an umbrella.

Thank god it's friday.....
Old 11-08-2002, 01:09 PM   #1405
crickhollow

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
Thank god it's friday.....
Amen!

Thanks for the sympathy, Dunadan. My reward is a road trip, and a four-and-a-half day weekend, both of which begin as soon as I turn my paper in at 11:40 PST! 3328 words and counting! go me! exactly two and a half hours to finish!

Oh, right. This is the venting thread.

vent: I have another 3000 word paper due a week from yesterday, and I haven't started it yet...I can't wait for Christmas break.
Old 11-08-2002, 04:39 PM   #1406
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

Agra's name is now changed to the Blood Tree

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Old 11-08-2002, 05:48 PM   #1407
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

mirial - sorry about the strep and mono - be REALLY careful about the mono (don't do too much too soon), because relapses are awful and take even longer to get over.

crick - hey, it's 1:42 PST, so you're done!! I hope you got at least SOME sleep. Happy 4 1/2 day weekend, don't drive if you're gonna fall asleep though! Good luck on the next paper! What's your major? Do you always have this many papers? Shall I stop asking questions?

Hey, Eärniel, it's cold and rainy here, too - hope you're somewhere warm now. I know Belgium chocolate bars are good (yum!), is Belgium hot chocolate good, too? Sounds like a good hot cup is in order here...

and Starr, I hope you're nice and stretched out now - ouch!

Not too many vents for me right now, just not enough time for Entmoot and paperwork just doesn't seem to go away on its own... drat! And a bit of the sniffles.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 11-08-2002, 09:53 PM   #1408
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

I er...am getting sick , I feel achey and tired. Oh well!

This one is deactivated, I think.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:38 PM   #1409
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

I am getting really excited about the extended edition of the FOTR. I can't wait. But I won't be able to see it until Thursday night when I go home! And we don't have a DVD player, so I'll just have to watch the crappy video version. Life is cruel, isn't it?
Old 11-09-2002, 12:38 AM   #1410
Erawyn
Elven Warrior

I hate being allergic to stuff. I ate some hazelnuts a few hours ago and my throat hurts like crazy!

"Be not so bigoted to any custom as to worship it at the expense of Truth."
Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Old 11-09-2002, 01:00 AM   #1411
Philia
Enting

crickhollow- at least you CAN sleep, try being an insomniac!
Nothing is as real as a dream. The world can change around you, but your dream will not. Responsibilities need not erase it. Duties need not obscure it. Because the dream is within you, no one can take it away. --Unknown

What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. --Ralph Waldo Emerson

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant. --Robert Louis Stevenson

Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools. --Unknown

Love your enemies. It really pisses them off! --Unknown

Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age. --Jeanne Moreau, French Actress

We are never so helplessly unhappy as when we lose love. --Sigmund Freud
Old 11-09-2002, 04:02 AM   #1412
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by R*an
Hey, Eärniel, it's cold and rainy here, too - hope you're somewhere warm now. I know Belgium chocolate bars are good (yum!), is Belgium hot chocolate good, too? Sounds like a good hot cup is in order here...
Eventually I was able to warm up again. I draped my self over the electric fire for 15 minutes, ate two chocolates and drank a large cup of tea. Hot chocolate is very tasty too but I didn't have time to make it.
Old 11-09-2002, 05:29 AM   #1413
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby
Well i'm annoyed because i only got a C in my history test that i thought i'd done well in. i have to wait til 2pm before i can go shopping (it is devastation as i'm a shopoholic and need all the shoping time i can get. I have to finish my maths coursework for Monday. its my 1st peice of coursework and its really hard and i dont want to get it wrong. But i know i'm gonna muck it up

Why dont sheep shrink in the rain??
Old 11-09-2002, 05:58 PM   #1414
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
I'm annoyed because I lost a lot of points on MY history for my feinitions of people and essay because she a) wanted more details on the essay (I BARELY FINISHED IT!) and b)wanted specific things, (He was solomon, everyone knows solomon was the wise one, did she say she wanted that he built the temple, NOOO)
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 11-09-2002, 06:44 PM   #1415
Rûdhaglarien
Elven Warrior

I only got an 86 in history this term... that's barely enough to stay in the class. It seems like I'm always second best.
Old 11-09-2002, 11:12 PM   #1416
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Augh....I hate that I can't ever think of good essay topics....especially for a really good book ("The Great Gatsby") for which I want to do a very good essay. Augh!!!
Look....I'm procrastinating again.
-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 11-10-2002, 10:36 AM   #1417
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby
Jees
history seems to be getting everyone down
well my vent
I STILL HAVEN'T FINISHED MY COURSE WORK AND DONT UNDERSTAND IT!!!!!
Maths is sooooooo annoying sometimes
The rest of my family have gone to see HP and just because i saw it last night they wont let me go and see it again

P.S. HP is v.good

Why dont sheep shrink in the rain??
Old 11-10-2002, 01:21 PM   #1418
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2002, 03:05 PM   #1419
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

I might not be able to get on tomorow because my sister's last minute project is MUCH more importent then me getting on the computer!!! Why can't she ever start her projects earlier? why do I have to miss computer time because of HER!? when I need info, I can't get it if Ashley wants on and my computer time is up! Why can't I be aloud to be on the internet for up to 22 1/2 hourse if I have no school?

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
Old 11-11-2002, 12:25 AM   #1420
crickhollow

Quote:
Originally posted by R*an
crick - hey, it's 1:42 PST, so you're done!! I hope you got at least SOME sleep. Happy 4 1/2 day weekend, don't drive if you're gonna fall asleep though! Good luck on the next paper! What's your major? Do you always have this many papers? Shall I stop asking questions?
yes, I finished at 10:00...That gave me and hour and a half to run errands, pack my bag, and then turn in my paper. I think it's pretty good, but I haven't read over it since thene. I am a History major, with an english minor. My sympathies to all of you out there who struggle with the subject--it really is important! (please don't throw rocks at me)

vent: I didn't read the stupid handout, so I did MLA citation on my papers insteat of CMS! bleh--now I have to shoot off an email begging her not to take points off for not footnoting)

[edit: Philia, I am very grateful that I am NOT an insomniac]

Last edited by crickhollow : 11-11-2002 at 12:27 AM.
Closed Thread