Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 10:08 PM   #1
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

*Laughs hysterically at Philia's post*

*snorts*

*wipes tears from eyes*

*opens mouth to reply, but gails of laughter come out*

It really was that funny, Dog pee isn't as bad as man pee. (I dont know this from experience, if you want someone with experience ask...PHILIA! )

This one is deactivated, I think.
Old 11-07-2002, 01:45 AM   #2
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

OK, I got REALLY upset this afternoon - actually, started last night when I couldn't sleep because of stupid allergies acting up, but too tired to get some medicine - really dumb of me, because I hardly slept at all. Then a LONG field trip with my oldest son's (6th grade) class - drive 1 1/2 hrs to a planetarium, spend short time at planetarium, drive 1 1/2 hrs back, then send oldest son to his away football game with another parent (small private school league) - too much to do with 2 younger siblings, and am planning to be at his final game next week with cameras, etc. and cheer like crazy.

Then I find out that the last game was cancelled!!!! today is my last chance to get pictures, etc.! So run back home, grab cameras, leave messages to alert husband and grandparents of change, grab quick snack, jump in car and drive 45 minutes to game. Can't get in touch with hubby and grandparents, so arrive alone at game. Get 2 kids out, wheelchair out (I mentioned this in the grammar thead, of all places, so I decided I would mention it here, too - my middle son, who is 7, has some physical handicaps and is in a wheelchair) camera bag out, bag with assorted things to amuse siblings while at older brother's football game out, blanket for siblings to play on out, my chair out, and head to football field. Push wheelchair over bumpy football field with one hand, carry my chair and 2 heavy bags with other. Get there, set up chair, siblings, cameras, and ... THERE IS ONE MINUTE LEFT IN THE GAME!!! THEY STARTED EARLY!!!!! Oldest son runs off field as I try to get a picture and fail, and the only pictures I get are of him on the sidelines as the defensive team is in, and he's not in, because he's on offense!!!!

SO - pack up blanket, my chair, 2 bags, get siblings ready, but at least older son can help me! and -- older son is gone, he's getting his backpack from the other car. So trudge BACK across bumpy football field pushing wheelchair with one hand, holding 2 heavy bags and a chair with other, with loads of people watching me in an interested fashion and no one offering any help. *sigh* I just felt like crying, I was so tired and it was so hard to manage all of that by myself and I wish someone had just offered to help me out, it would have really meant a lot to me.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 11-07-2002, 02:21 AM   #3
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

awww... R*an, what an awful day! *hands R*an a cup of hot cammomile tea* I hope tomorrow goes better.
Old 11-07-2002, 05:50 AM   #4
Dunadan
The Quite Querulous Quendi

Rian, what a nightmare. Maybe some other parents were there and took some pictures with your boy in?
Old 11-07-2002, 12:59 PM   #5
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Thanks for tea and picture suggestion and sympathy, crick and Dunadan, it helps.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 11-07-2002, 06:14 PM   #6
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Ouch. Poor R*an, sounds like a really awful day. My vent seems pathetic in comparison: stupid braces. Got tightened today. Ouch. Could not hang out with awesome friends after school, as had orthodontist appointment. Got an abysmal grade in Latin first term, have way too much homework. Yeah.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 11-07-2002, 07:39 PM   #7
durin's bane
Lady of Westernesse

I've just found out my glasses have come in and I've got to go get them. I've kept thinking, "I don't need glasses!" Needless to say, I can't read the homework board, and that creates a problem. So two days ago, I'm stuck in this funny chair again, while the doctor's shining this bright light right in my !@#$in eye, then tells me, "OK, go get the person you're with and bring them back." So I go get my dad, take him to the room, and then the doctor starts talking about me like I'm not there! I'm sitting there, at the back of the room, and he's talking about my eye problems and such like I'm not even there! Then he says, "Maybe you should discuss about getting glasses with her..." And I'm thinking, "Oh for crying out loud! I need glasses NOW! I'm not waiting another two-and-a-half months!" I tell him I need glasses, in the nicest Mr. Rogers voice I could, and he hands me to this lady with horn-rims and I try on glasses. Then I'm thinking, "Blow the whole thing. I should've asked for contact lenses." Of course, I'm too young. So as of tonight, I'm going to have to live with a tiny metal contraption on my nose everyday until I die. Screw my eyes.
Old 11-07-2002, 08:00 PM   #8
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

durin's bane, I know how you fill! My eye docter wouldn't let me get contacs because he said that I would never wher them becuase I would think that it was dorky, and I was sitting ther thinking "no one will know if I get contacs, glasses might make me look bad, but not contacs!" So i have glasses! I want contacs though, and now that my mom knows that I will use them, I can get them, but she wont pay for them, I have to. *Sigh* better start saving, maybe I'll by compleatly white ones, or glow in the dark ones, and pretend to be eather Gollum or some orks!!! The only good things about bad eyes is being able to change your eye coler be wearing contacs! Unfortently, they are probaly about $100 per pear? My first ones will be glow in the dark, then white, then red... No nead to buy clear ones, I'll just wher my glasses for that! Two more years untill the insurence will pay for contacs!

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
Old 11-07-2002, 08:11 PM   #9
Philia
Enting

Two words: Another bad Day...:Wait that is three! *gerck*

Rian, sorry about your day, eat some B&J's and have a nice cry watching a chick flik...it'll make you feel better.

I got contacts when I was 9, as long as you are responsible, there is not limit to your age at which you can get them. Tell your parents you will take care of them, I mean, at the beginning you get like 50 test pairs to see which one's will fit. So take good care of those, and NEVER complain about putting them in. Work your parents. It worked for me!

*sigh* Last night, I had to double as a waitress and bartender because this girl, Sara, called in sick, her daughter has alot of "problems" so I said fine...I am supposed to be the Assistant Manager, not the bartender or the waitress, I am not complaining...okay I am... I feel disgusted wiht myself now...

Give me a moment, I have to get over that selfish comment.

Okay, anyway. So I double, and I get TERRIBLE tips from TIGHT WAD customers and I am workin my a$$ off! THAT MAKES ME MAD.

I can't get fired though My brother owns the place, so I can yell at the next customer who feels the need to ask me to go to bed with them!!! THAT is a definite plus.
Nothing is as real as a dream. The world can change around you, but your dream will not. Responsibilities need not erase it. Duties need not obscure it. Because the dream is within you, no one can take it away. --Unknown

What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. --Ralph Waldo Emerson

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant. --Robert Louis Stevenson

Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools. --Unknown

Love your enemies. It really pisses them off! --Unknown

Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age. --Jeanne Moreau, French Actress

We are never so helplessly unhappy as when we lose love. --Sigmund Freud
Old 11-07-2002, 08:17 PM   #10
GandalfTheWhite
Elven Warrior

TERRIBLE DAY

Well i had about one of the worst days ive ever had, to start things off i got no breakfast cause my dad woke me up late, i procedded to drive to school and as i was getting out of my car my keys fell out of my pocket but stayed in the car, i did not notice this and this resulted in my keys being locked in the god damn car, i dont have an extra set. During lunch the kid infront of me took the last jumbo cookie so i was forced to have a rice krispy treat. After school me and my friends tried to jimmy the door open unsuccesfully, i didnt know what to do or who to ask to help me get the door open due to the fact that i had some illegal substances in the car, so i finally decided that i had to tell my dad what i did. He was very mad since that day he also found out i was nearly failing english class. We tried to use the tools he got for about 45 minutes unsuccesfully which made him even angrier. We ended up having to goto the chevy dealrship and buy a new key for 12 bucks. My dad is very pissed off and has been bitchin at me all day and wont cut me a freakin break, hes takin away my car for 3 WEEKS! which is totally unfair and im just PISSED OFF ABOUT EVERYTHING!

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

"He who breaks a thing to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom."
-Gandalf

"A thing is about to happen which has not happened since the Elder Days: the Ents are going to wake up and find that they are strong."
-Gandalf
Old 11-07-2002, 08:29 PM   #11
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Right now, I feel like banging my head into a wall because of how stupid I was yesterday, but that would just put me in more pain.

I went for a jog yesterday, and decided to keep up a good pace. I haven't run for four months, so I kept it under a mile. I stretched out nicely before I went, so that was fine.

I ran to the library, and of course, run into three people in my running gear and looking disheveled. That wasn't so bad though.

I walked home. Everything's still all good.

I didn't stretch out when I was done. That's where it goes bad. I've been paying for that all day. I can hardly bend down because it hurts so much, and I can practically hear my thighs screaming when I stand up.
Old 11-07-2002, 11:35 PM   #12
mirial
Enting

few things.
mono (no school yay)
and strep

Sleep, my baby, on my bosom,
Warm and cozy, it will prove,
Round thee mother’s arms are folding,
In her heart a mother’s love.
There shall no one come to harm thee,
Naught shall ever break thy rest;
Sleep, my darling babe, in quiet,
Sleep on mother’s gentle breast.

Sleep serenely, baby, slumber,
Lovely baby, gently sleep;
Tell me wherefore art thou smiling,
Smiling sweetly in thy sleep?
Do the angels smile in heaven
When thy happy smile they see?
Dost thou on them smile while slumb’ring
On my bosom peacefully.
Old 11-07-2002, 11:42 PM   #13
crickhollow

Stupid freshmen boys are out terrorizing the bunnies that live in the bushes by my building. *mutters* Stupid freshmen boys. No offense, Markedel.
Old 11-07-2002, 11:48 PM   #14
mirial
Enting

LOL bunnies are evil *on a serious note*

Sleep, my baby, on my bosom,
Warm and cozy, it will prove,
Round thee mother’s arms are folding,
In her heart a mother’s love.
There shall no one come to harm thee,
Naught shall ever break thy rest;
Sleep, my darling babe, in quiet,
Sleep on mother’s gentle breast.

Sleep serenely, baby, slumber,
Lovely baby, gently sleep;
Tell me wherefore art thou smiling,
Smiling sweetly in thy sleep?
Do the angels smile in heaven
When thy happy smile they see?
Dost thou on them smile while slumb’ring
On my bosom peacefully.
Old 11-08-2002, 12:01 AM   #15
WiseWizard
Elven Warrior

Location: the darkest region of Mirkwood (and trust me, it's really dark)
Agreed on the bunnies. Especially the pink fluffy ones.
And get well soon mirial. I can't say I know what it's like to have mono and strep, but I hope you get well nonetheless.
I'm having a revelation about slackers and people who work hard. Those who work hard in school get good grades with lots of effort. Those who slack (but not too much) get good grades by barely trying. So now that I'm suffering a mental breakdown from trying my hardest for years on end, I've decided to follow the old saying, "If you can't beat them, join them." And I've found that my theory is true. I'm still getting As and Bs and hardly doing as much work as I used to.
On the other hand, this is giving me more time to dwell on my horrible emotional state of mind. What's worse is: 1. I believe that everything is in the mind and that what you believe will be true (at least, for you). And 2. I learned in social psych that when you dwell on a problem you become even more stressed and that stress just continues to build upon itself.
It used to be that I would be stressed about one thing, let it go, and be stressed about another. Now I stress about multiple things, and I believe that when I dwell on them the stress increases. So now you see the dilemma and spiral of stress that I face.
------------------------------------------------
"It's been a while since I've been 130." -Aaron Reichgott
You know, the world's full of apathy...but I don't care.
"I would've honked, but I might have hit you." -Janaki
"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have gone to college that year." -Lewis Black
"I have one speed which varies according to my mood." -Kristy Pihl
"When I get a fever, I can hear my mom's voice in my head. But she's alive, not dead, so it's not as exciting." -Anna Crandall
"It doesn't matter what your body type is, as long as you're bloodthirsty." -Rachel Carlson
-------------------------------------------------
"My mind is a whirling miasma." -Jeff E.
"I think earth is the Alabama of the universe and we don't even know it."
"You can't just apologize the laziness of my bunnies away." -Taylor S.B.
I'm a sadistic massochist. I'm always happy.
Old 11-08-2002, 12:01 AM   #16
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Re: TERRIBLE DAY

Quote:
Originally posted by GandalfTheWhite
Well i had about one of the worst days ive ever had, to start things off i got no breakfast cause my dad woke me up late, i procedded to drive to school and as i was getting out of my car my keys fell out of my pocket but stayed in the car, i did not notice this and this resulted in my keys being locked in the god damn car, i dont have an extra set. During lunch the kid infront of me took the last jumbo cookie so i was forced to have a rice krispy treat. After school me and my friends tried to jimmy the door open unsuccesfully, i didnt know what to do or who to ask to help me get the door open due to the fact that i had some illegal substances in the car, so i finally decided that i had to tell my dad what i did. He was very mad since that day he also found out i was nearly failing english class. We tried to use the tools he got for about 45 minutes unsuccesfully which made him even angrier. We ended up having to goto the chevy dealrship and buy a new key for 12 bucks. My dad is very pissed off and has been bitchin at me all day and wont cut me a freakin break, hes takin away my car for 3 WEEKS! which is totally unfair and im just PISSED OFF ABOUT EVERYTHING!
Oh Dear!! This is bad! I hate it when I lock my keys in the car! Everybody does it a few times! ( then you remember to always have spares available, so that it never, ever, happens again!) I remember going on a date with a guy in high school. He locked the keys in the car, with the engine running! He eventually got it opened though! I'm going to try to remember how bummed you are, so that when my son does this (ten years from now) I won't overreact. Poor Gandalf! i hope the time flies fast!
Old 11-08-2002, 12:03 AM   #17
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
How could you be happy about mono! I was afraid I was getting it a few weeks ago (turned out to be an incredibly AWFUL sinus infection that went unnoticed for a month), and nearly went crazy. I don't know why, really. Maybe it's because I saw my sister get a horrible case of it, be out of school for a month, and then relapse for another month.
Old 11-08-2002, 01:18 AM   #18
BeardofPants
the Shrike

If I have any more days like this, I swear to that god I don't believe in that I'm gonna quit.
Old 11-08-2002, 01:35 AM   #19
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
If I have any more days like this, I swear to that god I don't believe in that I'm gonna quit.
Poor BoP, is your boss being a total bastard again?

Last edited by cassiopeia : 11-08-2002 at 01:37 AM.
Old 11-08-2002, 02:03 AM   #20
crickhollow

Quote:
Originally posted by mirial
LOL bunnies are evil *on a serious note*
agreed, and I'd like to get my hands on the moron that first let the first two run free on my campus, but now that they're here, they oughtn't to be terrorized! *poor bunnies* all they want to do is nibble the grasses, and those stupid boys! they put one in the freezer in the freshmen girls dorms. You may think it's a good joke, but I'm sure the rabbit didn't!

Note: I am not an animal rights activist, but this is getting out of hand.
Closed Thread