Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-21-2003, 08:49 PM   #121
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Location: Beyond conscious thought... and always out of reach
OOC: It's all right Fim... Long posts seem to be expected here ^_^ I know I don't mind. More to read Anywho... I'm thinking that the characters ought to 'interact' with each other more... ask more questions etc. That way some things came out in the open, if ya know what I mean...

IC:

As Siauhn watched the clouds sweep across the slowly lightening sky, her thoughts stole her away from where she sat, back to her home at the foot of the mountains, back to her years as a child. Memories rushed in on her unexpectedly, and she was powerless to stop them.
Her father was yelling again, in his umpteenth drunken rage of the month. She'd grown used to it, over the years, but the fear never went away. She could feel it now, growing into an icy knot the size of her fist, until it enveloped all her senses. "Idiot girl! What are you standing there for? I told you to go to your room!" His words were slurred, and his eyes wild as they nearly bulged from his head. The man wore a crazed look on his face, only one who had seen it would know what it did to anyone around. Siuahn could feel the tears slide down her cheeks as she cried, terrified for the man standing over her fallen form. The side of her face stung fiercly, but it went numb slowly as she laid there, listening to his bellows. Her mother lay a few feet from her, motionless. A dark pool slowly spread out from under the woman's form. Blood. Siuahn let a wail tear out of her twelve-year-old chest. Sobs racked her frail form as her father stuck her again. "Shut up! Stop crying!" The rage in his voice quelled her crying briefly, replacing her sorrow with fear again. His muscualr hand grabbed her by the shoulder and wrenched her from the floor and up onto her feet. "I said stop crying!" He struck her across the face again then threw her back down, leaving her there as he left the house. Siuahn cried herself to sleep that night.

Opening her eyes, Siuahn took a deep, wavering breath and wiped the tears from her eyes. That was the last time she'd seen her father. He'd left and never come back... Briefly, she wondered if the grave she dug her mother was still there, unravaged by wild animals. Pulling her knees up to her chin and wrapping her arms around her legs, Siuahn lowered her head and softly began to weep. Too many memories still stung.

OOC: See?! Long! lol

Potius mori quam foedari...
Death before dishonour...
Akamai Deredal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 08:52 PM   #122
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

oh, now I know why she hates men! i hope thats not a true-to-life expierience! ick.

Eragon woke to a warm morning and steaming stew. He looked around and saw nothing but Brom, who was still asleep, Banuien and Suiahn. He shoved Brom, who let out a groan. "Remember boy! I was stabbed two days ago by a dagger of those foul beasts!" He rose, looking down at the stew. "Thank-you Suiahn, I had forgotten about your coney stew, very widely known among us friends!" He said the last words to Eragon. Eragon nodded to Suiahn. "Very kind, indeed." They sat drinking the stew, then Eragon looked around. "Where is Terin? I don't remember seeing her after the attack!" He exclaimed, afraid that the ra'zac had gotten her. "She left to her city, it is very close by, and she wanted to check up on her family." Brom said. Eragon sipped the last of his stew and placed his wooden bowl in his pack. "When do we leave today?" He asked. "Now, if possible. I would prefer if you rode Cadoc today, that way I can teach you as we ride." Brom said, nodding appologetically to Saphira.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 09:02 PM   #123
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC:One it's not close by it's in a frozen land that hardly never thaws. And two you weren't supposed to know that.

IC:

<Come Terin it is the first light we must go.> <Alright.> They were in the air and flying back within moments but Terin's were dark and troubling. If it weren't for them I could have gone back home and when I was better and saved them! But the idiots wouldn't let me. It's there fault it's all thier fault! It would serve them right if I just happened to give a passing stranger in black their whereabouts. They haven't lost all their family they don't know what it feels like! <How do know taht?> Camnete's quiet voice said in her mind. <Have you ever wondered wher Eragon and Suihan;s families are?> <No...> <Alright then don't be to accusing> <Maybe it's not their fault but what if...> <There are to many what ifs in this world Terin. Don' dwell on them.>
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 09:11 PM   #124
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Rising from her spot at the foot of the tree, Siuahn crew her sleeve over her eyes. Digging through the pockets, she pullowed out the slightly transparent veil and tied it around her head to cover her eyes. Nyaki's midnight head turned to regard her, <Why do you always insist on wearing that? You look like a thief.> <If I didn't wear it, Nyaki, I would be even easier to remember. No one I've met has eyes like mine. They're not difficult to forget.> The dragon's eyes glinted slightly. <You've been crying...> Siuahn could not met Nyaki's eyes. <What does it matter? I'm not now... all right? Besides, we need to get moving.> <If you hurt so badly inside, why don't you talk to me? Or stop bringing those memories up.> <I would if I could, believe me. Now get up and let me put your saddle on, would you?> The dragon gave Siuahn one last reproachful look before rising. The saddle was on within a few minutes. "I'm ready to leave, Brom. Just give the word." She flinched slightly at her own voice. It was hoarse and broke in mid sentence. Cursing under her breath she busied herself by scratching some dried mud off of Nyaki's scales.

Old 10-21-2003, 10:53 PM   #125
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

oops, sorry fim!

"I am ready too." said Eragon strapping Zar'roc to his side. "Well then, i suppose we are ready to leave." said Brom. Everyone had saddled thier horses and dragons. The horses were fed, along with the riders. Glenadrin, Nyaki, and Saphira waited impatiently for them to finish. "We ride north, Teirm is less than twelve leagues away. You dragons will have to stay off the road, and fly high. And we must remain inconspicuous." Brom said mountng Snowfire. <Stay safe, Saphira> Eragon said as he mounted Cadoc. <You too, Eragon, may that beast carry you well> she replied with a disgusted look at Cadoc. The five of them strode off under the scalding sun.

Old 10-21-2003, 11:25 PM   #126
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Peering at Eragon through her veil, Siuahn fought with herself on the subject of starting a conversation. Booting her horse forward, she reined in beside the young man. He looked over at her startled, "Hello Siuahn... How are you?" "I've... been better. And yourself?" The two of them exchanged a few kind words, slowly starting a comfortable conversation.

"Eragon... I'm sorry for acting the way I did when we first met. But as I'm sure you've heard already, I don't care much for men."
"I suppose it's nothing to hold a grudge over, as long as you don't hate me now. Though pardon me for asking... But what could have happened to make you hate all men so strongly?"
Siuahn paused, feeling that icy knot in her stomach suddenly returning from her past. Ignoring it, she sighed, "My father was a drunk, he would be gone every night for weeks to taverns. He'd get very angry with me for no reason and hit me, of course. He always apologized though... but when I was twelve, my mother had enough of it and tried to protect me. He killed her, and left me to fend for myself. That would be the basic reason... to save the long story for some other time."

Eragon stared at her, his eyes showing sympathy for the first time. Siuahn held her hand up, "I've told Nyaki this before, Eragon. I don't want your sympathy. I would rather have your hate. Please..." She turned her eyes to follow the path, biting back any more words, for fear of breaking out in tears again.

Old 10-22-2003, 12:05 AM   #127
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Eragon nodded. He didn't think of Suiahn the same way anymore. "Would you take my friendship? You might need it in the days to come." He offered his hand.

Old 10-22-2003, 12:10 AM   #128
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

His friendship? Why would he do something like that? After how I've treated him... Nodding slowly, Siuahn gave herself time to regain her composure. "I'd be honored to have you as a friend Eragon." She grapsed his hand with a grateful smile. "Thank you."

Old 10-22-2003, 12:23 AM   #129
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

"No problem, I could use a few friends. Why, the only friends and family I have left is Brom." Eragon threw a glace at the old man. "And you're lucky to have a friend such as Brom!" Suiahn replied. "Yes, there is something about him, like, he's not just an old man. I know he was a rider, but its something else." said Eragon

Old 10-22-2003, 07:28 AM   #130
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by PippinTook
The elf was extremely skilled in swordplay, but Brom was just a hair better. (that ok earloth? you probably shouldn't have let me do this!)
Nevah! AS though a hundred-year-old HUMAN should outmatch a near-millennia aged Nando…the infrequency of such shall shield the stigma of such rapaciousness! (amazing, I’m not even high on anything… ) I would to say that they were both at the zenith of their skill, but yeah, that’s alright Pip [I carry on a lot, even when I don't know what topic I'm on; some freak said I was hotheaded; I punched him and took his wallet]. Ghah; back on topic.

They rode for some hours, until at last in the late afternoon they halted; trees bordered much of the land and Banuien began tutoring Eragon in archery.

Banuien fired an arrow that flew a hundred metres before hitting the centre of a tree; she handed Eragon her bow and one of her arrows. He drew the string and she straightway said:

"Draw your forearm; you're holding the bow with your left hand, therefore the arrow should rest on the left, not the outside of the bow…" she laid her hands on his, rested her chin on his shoulder and levelled the bow. "Make certain that the bow is wholly horizontal if your target stands your own height," she advised. She stood to his left; "Keep both eyes open," she bid him. "Aim and release."

The bowstring twanged and Eragon's arrow sailed surely towards the trunk Banuien had hit; the elf's far-seeing eyes saw it hit a small part to the right and her hand length’s higher than her own. "Good," she commented. "I would have doubted it for most novices." She grinned and handed Eragon another arrow, spending them until his nearly split her own in twain.

Banuien raised an eyebrow. "Master Eragon, your dexterity is staggering," she said with a half-smile. "So much like Brom…"

A black shadow passed over the company. "It’s Terin," Banuien said without looking up.

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 02-27-2005 at 06:12 AM.
Eärloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 08:59 AM   #131
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Looking skyward, Siuahn saw Camnete's skewed white form; her veil made it difficult for her to see at times, but she didn't really mind. She nodded slightly and then went back to watching Eragon and Banuien practice with the bow. "Brom... when do you suppose we'll be able to enter a town safely?" She called over her shoulder, causing the old man's head to turn. "I'm not quite sure exactly... Why?" "If our little friends in black ever return, I'm going to need a new weapon. The only one I had was my knife, and I lost that in our last encounter. Unless of course you want me to fight them with my bare hands. If that is the case, I will do my best not to get slaughtered!" Her words were oozing sarcasm up until the last word, which she shouted at the man. Brom chuckled and smiled at the girl, "We'll get you a blade worthy of your skills soon enough, Siuahn. But first, let us see how Terin's trip went, and eat! My stomach is threatening to eat me alive."

Last edited by Akamai Deredal : 10-22-2003 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:15 PM   #132
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Eragon sat after his long archery lesson. "Thank you, Banuien, between you and brom, I will be a warrior by the end of this journey!" he said in jest, though he knew it might proove to be true. "I will provide you good people with lunch, since Suiahn gave us that lovely coney stew this morning!" He said, stringing his bow. "And it will give me a chance to practice my archery skills!" He grabbed a quiver of arrows and went off into the forest. About an hour later he returned bearing a small stag on his back. His arrows were almost spent, as well as his energy. "There isn't much game around these parts! Why, the only living thing I saw, besides this stag was a few squirrels!" Eragon laid the beast down by the fire. "The animals have been chased away by the people in the cities. Teirm is so close, and the forest is sandwiched between it an Yazuac." said Brom, lighting his pipe. Eragon prepared the meat and cooked it in a large pot over the fire. He set aside extra raw meat for the dragons.

Old 10-22-2003, 07:31 PM   #133
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC:That's alright. But it's kinda weird how characters are suddenly omnicient(sp?). Anyway on with buisness!

IC:

Terin had been flying awhile in silence with Camnete when she saw the others. She hastily wiped away the tears that still ran freely down her face and hoped no one would notice. This last journey had spent the very last straw of kindness she had possesed. And when she was landed she was greated with kind almost knowing smiles but the others recieved only a blank and uncaring stare as she turned to care for Camnete. <Cream.> Terin said calling him by his pet name she so rarely had used in these past days of trail. <I shouldn't have come back. I'm trying so hard but it's still difficult not to be bitter. I can't help but think what if...> <Terin, I know it's hard. I can feel your pain, remember?> Terin had been so closed and not a part of him as much as she used to be Camnete feared she may do something stupid. <Well, I don't suppose I can avod them any longer I'm done cleaning you. <Have a good hunt Cream...and please dont' go to far.> So thought Camnete she still does care. And with that he took off to find himslef some food. Terin turned to face the other riders with a tear streaked face and blood shot eyes. "I had things thated needed to be taken care of. Now that they are done I'm back though I hope my absence didn't cause problems."
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 07:53 PM   #134
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

OOC: 26 more pages, Pip! I'm almost done!

IC: Siuahn looked up from her hands to watch Terin. "No, you caused no problems..." She said quietly, her voice gentle for the first time since banding with the others. Nyaki stood up, giving out a quiet bugle in greeting to Terin. She lowered her head down to eye level with the girl, her bronze eyes searching Terin's face. Terin stared back, indifferent. Making a quite whimpering noise, Nyaki pushed her nose lightly under Terin's hand, nuzzling the girl in a comforting way. Still Terin did not respond, leaving Nyaki to give up her futile attempts and take a few disappointed steps back. <I do not like this, Siuahn... Perhaps someone should ask her what's wrong. She won't let me speak with her. Her mind is closed to me.> Siuahn still gazed at Terin. She recognized the all too familiar signs of crying, the pain and sorrow hidden deeply in Terin's eyes. She herself knew she wore much the same look. "Terin..." she began, her voice still gentle, "is there anything you would like to talk about?"

Old 10-22-2003, 09:07 PM   #135
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

alright akai! I do believe that you beat me! The end is the best, I expect you to be finished next time i talk to you!

Eragon stood, clapping his hands, looking down at his handywork. "Dinner's ready!" he said, handing evryone a wooden bowl of meat. "I would have you eat with silver spoons and plates, but these bowls are all we have." He picked up a bowl for himself. "Not bad, not as good as my cooking, but not bad!" said Brom. "Are you hungry Terin?" he asked, offering a bowl. She took it with no more than a nod. "We really have to be moving, the ra'zac are more powerful at night, we need to keep ahead of them and beat them to Teirm." said Brom. Eragon yawned, "I agree," he said, placing his bowl backin his pack. He unstrung his bow and strapped it to his back, leaving Zar'roc still at his side.

Old 10-22-2003, 09:13 PM   #136
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Siuahn finished the last of her meal, putting her bowl away as she rose from her spot beside the fire. Casting a wary glance in Terin's direction, she quickly strapped Nyaki's saddle on and pulled herself up. She looked down at Brom from her mount, "I'm riding her, whether you like it or not, Brom. I was taught to ride on her, not a horse, so I will continue to ride her, be there ra'zac or no."

Old 10-22-2003, 10:12 PM   #137
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

Mna its only taken me like.... 12 hours to almost finish it.

"Would anyone care to spar?" Raven asked innocently. She knew she could out match every one here, except for Eragon and Banduin. If they took her challange, she was pretty sure she'd lose.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 12:55 AM   #138
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Looking down from the saddle, Siuahn grinned at Raven. "If I had a weapon made for me and here, I would spar with you, friend Raven. But I cannot until then. Though you have my word, that once I have acquired a weapon to my liking, I will set aside some time for us to match skills. I would be honored to, if that is what you wish." She inclined her head politely, still smiling in a non-threatening way, careful not to mock the woman. She could not afford to anger anyone in this little group, not if they were this kingdom's last hope.

Last edited by Akamai Deredal : 10-23-2003 at 12:33 PM.
Old 10-23-2003, 02:11 AM   #139
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

you mean eragon legoles? wow thats quick, do you like it so far? how far are you into it yet?

"If it weren't for the bruises I got from Brom I would spar." said Eragon rubbing his side. He had a fair fight with banuien, but Brom was still a hair better than he. "We have no time, we have to get on the road." said Brom, packing his bowl. "I suppose you may ride Nyaki, Suiahn. It is Eragon that needs to ride with me." He said strapping Snowfire's saddlebags on.

whew, too tired to post, my bed time.

Old 10-23-2003, 08:06 AM   #140
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Banuien pursed her lips and let out a long shrill whistle; Iavas, around five hundred metres away, reared and made back towards the camp. She slung her right leg over his great back and mounted him, grasping his neck and main for lack of reigns. Iavas reared restlessly again and neighed. Banuien stroked his long nose and lightly kicked his side, allowing him to speed off at a gallop across the plain.

sorry that’s all I can post for now

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,