Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-05-2003, 10:50 PM   #121
Aralyn
FloraAzul

Location: Anywhere as long as there is a library in a one mile radius of here
hmm

i trust people to a certain extent, enough to talk, give my first name sometimes and what country but no more than that. I lie about my b-day but only cause i dont like my real one. Plus my Dad wont let me release some stuff i.e my adress, e-mail or otherwise, my last name, my age (mosttimes). But I tust most mooters enough to talk Tolkien!

Yet many shall be amazed when they see Him-yes even far off foreign nations and thier kings; they shall stand dumb-founded, speechless in his prescence. For they shall see and understand what they had not seen before-Isaiah 52:15a

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
War on The Unborn=35,000,000 dead and counting
Aralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 04:10 AM   #122
Legolas_is_fit
Elven Warrior

Re: Can we trust each other?

I sometimes lie when i get suspicus about someone, but most of the time i just chat to my mates on msn,if i do lie i always give out my wrong age and adress its soo funny like this one time when this man from India wanted me to fly there and we told him we would a week later he contacted me and said why didnt you come and i told him all the flights where booked, and he belived me...
Gimli:Toss me over to the gate. But just dont tell the elf.
Aragon:Ok I promise

Well it goes along those lines i cant remember the exact words
Legolas_is_fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 01:56 PM   #123
Ninquelote
Elven Warrior

Hehee, my mum doesn't know I send out pictures. I'm not photogenic (she knows this too) so she assumes I don't.

XIAN- for hating Wiccans.
MURDERER- for hating vegetarians.
PREP- for hating Goths.

These are a few of my favourite things, the hypocritical stylings of the most "liberal" groups.
Ninquelote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 02:09 PM   #124
sun-star
Lady of Letters

No offence, but I don't really trust anyone I know on-line. Like, yes; trust, no. I wouldn't dream of giving out my address or my real name - anyway, I like giving misleading information to see what people will believe. So if I say things which contradict myself, it's because I'm lying to you all
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.
sun-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 12:27 AM   #125
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Basically, I trust those of you on here that I've known for more than two months, or have exchanged PMs with, or had long involved discussions with...I'm more inclined to trust intelligent-seeming people, for some odd reason; and I think the reason why most of the people on here trust each other is because, if you think about it, what purpose would a 40 year old pervert have on a Tolkien board? There's no sex here (well, unless you count Anduril and BoP's torrid love affair of a while ago ); the discussions are Tolkien-based, and one doesn't expect a perverted Internet sex maniac to enjoy discussing Tolkien.

I am not, however, trusting or naive enough to post my full name and/or address on the boards; I may give it out to one of two people through PM, in order to exchange snail-mails, but that's about it. And that'd be to those of you that I'm convinced are not pervs.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 01:58 PM   #126
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

If there is one way NOT to gain the mooters trust this is it people! This is it!
Quote:
Originally posted by sun-star
No offence, but I don't really trust anyone I know on-line. Like, yes; trust, no. I wouldn't dream of giving out my address or my real name - anyway, I like giving misleading information to see what people will believe. So if I say things which contradict myself, it's because I'm lying to you all
well I guess no one will trust you anymore!

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 02:00 PM   #127
eowyngirl14

Re: Re: Can we trust each other?

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas_is_fit
I sometimes lie when i get suspicus about someone, but most of the time i just chat to my mates on msn,if i do lie i always give out my wrong age and adress its soo funny like this one time when this man from India wanted me to fly there and we told him we would a week later he contacted me and said why didnt you come and i told him all the flights where booked, and he belived me...
you should have been like, We did fly out there! Where were you! We said to meet us at 7 o'clock sharp!

*goes into nosey mood* why was a man from india asking yoo to fly out there in the first place???

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

Old 04-08-2003, 04:26 PM   #128
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

i trust syle(support_your_local_elf). i am starting to trust some people but not to give out address
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Bunnie_Queen_1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 04:29 PM   #129
Elf Girl
Lurker

I trust some people simply because they know things about Tolkien that no pervert would bother knowing, and I can verify that they're right just by flipping through my books.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 05:31 PM   #130
Agalayth
Elven Warrior

I don't really lie over the internet. If people ask my religion, I tell them I'm Jewish. If someone asks me how old I am, I'll tell them i'm 13. (Yes, I'm young). But I usually only give information like that when I know it's a safe environment, like private boards I've made myself. Or Gamefortress, or here.

I've been here for only like two days, and I have a very good feeling about the people here.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:42 PM   #131
Elvellyn
The Redneck Elf

Now that I've been here longer, I feel like I can trust people more.
Old 06-10-2003, 04:55 PM   #132
eowyngirl14

i still trust pretty much everybody here that i have talked to. thats a lot of pepole, so i wont list them all.

- Benjamin Franklin

Old 06-11-2003, 08:00 PM   #133
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

I am far too trusting, I think. Hell, I'd give out my address here

Well, I am a lot more trusting on the moot than elsewhere. But I've met people I knew from the internet before (well, once, and almost a second time...) and all that. MSN chatrooms are generally eeeevil though.

There's people from the 'moot I wouldnt' mind meeting in person, just 'cause they'd be fun to talk to in real life, though I probably won't ever, except of course E XK. Soon as I have the money I'm going to Manchester!

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 04:37 AM   #134
Baby-K
Corruptor

Would you guys consider Coney trustworthy? He's coming over to visit me, so if I never moot again - ye'll know the Rabbit is an axe murderer!
Old 06-12-2003, 05:12 AM   #135
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Baby-K
Would you guys consider Coney trustworthy? He's coming over to visit me, so if I never moot again - ye'll know the Rabbit is an axe murderer!

The incident with the axe was pure conincidence! The case barely made it to court, the judge only put me on probation because he said us "special" people should be looked after

I'm innocent!

It wasn't even my axe, I only borrowed it...........besides, I thought it was a tree, not a man

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 05:40 AM   #136
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
It wasn't even my axe, I only borrowed it...........besides, I thought it was a tree, not a man
Well, with that trunk anyone could make a mistake - just a pity he didn't burn too great eh?
Old 06-12-2003, 05:54 AM   #137
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Well, with that trunk anyone could make a mistake - just a pity he didn't burn too great eh?
Oh, he burned fine............once I got the parafin soaked into him...........

Ooops

I didn't burn anyone!

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 06:00 AM   #138
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Oh, he burned fine............once I got the parafin soaked into him...........
I told you to use an Ice Cream scoop for the holes & then fill them up

Quote:
I didn't burn anyone
Oh no - ye'd never - spontaneous combustion it was
Old 06-13-2003, 04:26 AM   #139
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Re: Re: Can we trust each other?

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
I think for the most part it doesnt really matter in a place like this. I mean I can reply to your message and i dont need to know how old you are or where you are from or what you look like or who you voted for or anything like this. Thats all irelevent I think. Its just about the discussion. Whether you are actually male or female or blonde or brunnete doesnt seem to play a role. No one has ever asked me anything about WHO I am as far as I remember. And Im betting the next person who replies to this wont need that information to make their reply. Thats one of the good things about the internet. Its all about raw disimbodied opinion and discussion and theres no visual predisposition to get in the way of that. A perfect meeting of the minds. And who you are doesnt matter for the most part.
Unless, of course, it's a random chatroom. In which case I don't trust anything. Which is why I don't visit chatrooms.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 07:22 AM   #140
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Well, there are some Mooters that I do trust, and would like to meet (Perhaps at a Moot convention? - definitely with others present, though). These people are those I know relatively well and are those that I am pretty close to. Especially Lalaith.

But I don't think this is a very big issue for me. I'm not about to meet any Mooters, I don't give out my address, and those who know my full name- I know theirs. And even if they lied about their real names (Which I highly doubt) I don't think that they're about to track me all the way from another country.
Linaewen is offline   Reply With Quote