Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Silmarillion
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-09-2003, 08:22 PM   #121
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

Quote:
Originally posted by Linaewen
Elvengirl, imagine those o's are eyes. One big, one small. I'm surprised you haven't asked about them before- they've been seen everywhere!
Your right, I've been wondering what they are for awhile. So thanks for clearing that up for me

Wanna play? www.thievesguild.com
Elvengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 02:10 PM   #122
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Just thought I'd resurrect this thread -we were discussing it over in the Quote game ...

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 02:26 PM   #123
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Jewels! I had forgotten that one!
Whoa!
Old 02-17-2004, 02:38 PM   #124
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

so ... any changes of opinions, anyone, on who's the guy for you in the Sil? (or HOME, etc.) Are Earniel and I still fighting over Tuor? Does Arty still swoon over Beleg? (is that still in your sig?)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 02-17-2004, 03:08 PM   #125
Artanis

Yes, Beleg is still in the lead. But he now has compete with both Findekáno and Maitimo. And I like Makalaure too. Phuuh! There are so many great men! It's getting rather hot here ...
Old 02-17-2004, 03:10 PM   #126
Rían

*hands fan to Arty, fans self with another fan*

Old 02-17-2004, 03:11 PM   #127
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Theoden

Don't you girls know it's best to let sleeping threads lie...
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 03:15 PM   #128
Rían

Quote:
Originally posted by Artanis
But he now has compete with both Findekáno and Maitimo. And I like Makalaure too.
I always liked the description of how Findekáno wore his hair ("long dark hair in great plaits braided with gold")

Who's Makalaure? Isn't that the guy that played Lurz in the movie?

poor Celeborn ...

Old 02-17-2004, 03:17 PM   #129
Rían

Quote:
Originally posted by Valandil
Don't you girls know it's best to let sleeping threads lie...
Not when they're this fun!

Tuor is still my human pick; I'm working on my elvish pick ... I rather like Finrod, but am leery of taking on SGH and Ruinel ...

Old 02-17-2004, 03:18 PM   #130
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

Quote:
Originally posted by RÃ*an
so ... any changes of opinions, anyone, on who's the guy for you in the Sil? (or HOME, etc.) Are Earniel and I still fighting over Tuor? Does Arty still swoon over Beleg? (is that still in your sig?)
nope...I still think that Feanaro is the best! (followed closely by Caranthir, and Curufin)...although I'm beginning to like Annatar as well ...I like the dark characters
Arien the Maia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 03:19 PM   #131
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Theoden

Quote:
Tuor is still my human pick; I'm working on my elvish pick ... I rather like Finrod, but am leery of taking on SGH and Ruinel ...
So you need one of each?

Uh... 'fem-only' thread?
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 03:38 PM   #132
Artanis

Quote:
I always liked the description of how Findekáno wore his hair ("long dark hair in great plaits braided with gold")
I have always liked everything about Findekáno.
Quote:
Who's Makalaure? Isn't that the guy that played Lurz in the movie?
LOL! RÃ*an, have you forgotten your Shibboleth? Kanafinwë Makalaure. Second son of Fëanor.
Quote:
poor Celeborn ...
Pah. He's married to me, that should be enough for him.

Oh and thanks for the fan, I need it ...

Last edited by Artanis : 02-17-2004 at 03:44 PM.
Artanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 04:59 PM   #133
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Quote:
LOL! RÃ*an, have you forgotten your Shibboleth? Kanafinwë Makalaure. Second son of Fëanor.
Translation: Maglor. And I think most Elves dumped the shibboleth sometime during the First Age.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:03 PM   #134
Rían

Quote:
Originally posted by Valandil
So you need one of each?
Well, I'm "halfelven" ....

Quote:
Uh... 'fem-only' thread?
Oh no, not at all - it was started in response to the Orli-swooning threads, it's just fun and silly, and the guys have made some of the funniest comments!

OK, Arty, I'm afraid I'm going with Fingon - my husband has always reminded me of him. Altho his hair isn't in plaits, it's a lovely "dark hair", and he's a big strong guy who loves to help people and is the first to volunteer for tough jobs. I've always loved the part where Fingon just heads off on his own to save Maedhros - reminds me of something hubby would do. Tuor reminds me of him, too. Go guys!

Old 02-17-2004, 05:06 PM   #135
Rían

Quote:
Originally posted by Falagar
Translation: Maglor. And I think most Elves dumped the shibboleth sometime during the First Age.
Þilly elves!

(note to people that don't know - read "The Shibboleth of Feanor" in The Peoples of Middle Earth if you're curious about it - great read!)

Old 02-17-2004, 05:08 PM   #136
Rían

Quote:
Originally posted by Artanis
Oh, I can't keep all those names straight! Maglor wasn't one of my favorites, anyway.

Old 02-17-2004, 05:12 PM   #137
Rían

Quote:
Originally posted by Arien the Maia
nope...I still think that Feanaro is the best! (followed closely by Caranthir, and Curufin)...although I'm beginning to like Annatar as well ...I like the dark characters
Arien! The C brothers?! I must protest! And Annatar? - no, not a good idea! I can see an attraction for Feanor, esp. because of the grief he went thru, but ugh! I've never liked the C's, and Annatar is definitely not a candidate for me.

I'll share Fingon with you, if you'd like (we're talking about one Fingon for each of us, to keep it proper ) - Arty said I could have him. Or better yet, stay with your Feanaro - I think Arien and Feanaro go well together.

Old 02-17-2004, 05:18 PM   #138
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

Quote:
Arien! The C brothers?! I must protest! And Annatar? - no, not a good idea! I can see an attraction for Feanor, esp. because of the grief he went thru, but ugh! I've never liked the C's, and Annatar is definitely not a candidate for me.

I'll share Fingon with you, if you'd like (we're talking about one Fingon for each of us, to keep it proper ) - Arty said I could have him. Or better yet, stay with your Feanaro - I think Arien and Feanaro go well together.
lol! yes 2 Spirits of Fire go well together I suppose! I only like the "C" brothers b/c they resemble Feanor in appearance and mood.

recently I've been coming up with these stories based on Tolkien's characters and Annatar plays a crucial role....what if he could have been turned to good? After all, there was still some good in him wasn't there? Maia belongs with Maia afterall
Arien the Maia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 05:31 PM   #139
Rían

Quote:
Originally posted by Arien the Maia
lol! yes 2 Spirits of Fire go well together I suppose! I only like the "C" brothers b/c they resemble Feanor in appearance and mood.
Yes, I see what you mean - I just have a soft spot in my heart for Feanor, tho, that I don't have for the C brothers, because of the terrible murder of his father. I don't recall anything offhand particularly nice that the C brothers did. Of the 7 sons, Maedhros is much more to my liking - I really like his part in the ship-burning story - his immediate thought is of course, we're sending the ships back for my bud Fingon! and he stood aside when the ships burned.

Quote:
recently I've been coming up with these stories based on Tolkien's characters and Annatar plays a crucial role....what if he could have been turned to good? After all, there was still some good in him wasn't there?
I think Annatar reached a point where his decisions put him past redemption but he certainly could have turned out different, and it was a tremendous loss for him to have turned bad.

Quote:
Maia belongs with Maia afterall
Tell that to Melian!

But enough seriousness! Yes, I think Fingon, altho I really like Finrod's heart, too - but I think the dark hair of Fingon decides it! Hmm, what's a mix of the two - Fingod, Finron?

Old 02-17-2004, 05:38 PM   #140
Artanis

Quote:
Originally posted by Falagar
Well they shouldn't have done so. Those quenya names are just marvellous.
Quote:
Arty said I could have him.
Where did I say that?
Why don't we go for a sharing deal, as the one I have with Lin?