Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-24-2002, 09:37 PM   #1
webwizard333
Elf Lord

Define ghost. Some (ok, the majority) say they're spirits of the dead, others say they phsycic echos, and others say they're just memories.
I personally think they're existence is possible, but I doubt it. Bte, Emplynx, Christian dogma easily supports the existence of ghosts, even the Apsotles believed in them (they thought Jesus was one at first).
Old 11-01-2002, 12:42 PM   #2
kiwi
Elven Warrior

I've never seen a ghost but I definetly believe in them!
kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 05:21 PM   #3
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

I don't know if I do!
Sometimes I don't but then sometimes I do!
If someones telling a story or I'm watching on one of those real life ghost story programs they can really freak me out.
I don't know if any of that made sense to anyone?
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 06:18 PM   #4
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Basicly it is just fun to beleive in ghosts. Even if they don't exist it is strill cool to thin k they do. Thats what makes such wonderful books and movies. Just to have that image of beleif brings out good stories.
Old 12-21-2002, 12:00 PM   #5
L@ur@y Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I think ghosts are real because there is one in my house.
L@ur@y Elven Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 11:40 AM   #6
Legolas_is_fit
Elven Warrior

yes the spirts have come to me

It was really quite scary, but ive come in contact with ghosts!
We where playing truth or dare and I said truth and I was aked if I belived in ghosts and I said no.
But later that night my door started to bang and my book stops head fell off and all my books fell off my shelf. I was so scared.
So now I belive in ghosts.
Gimli:Toss me over to the gate. But just dont tell the elf.
Aragon:Ok I promise

Well it goes along those lines i cant remember the exact words
Legolas_is_fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 11:58 AM   #7
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
Yep!

You've told me that about 1000 times

I've always believed in them!
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 10:35 AM   #8
kiwi
Elven Warrior

I believe ghosts, so does my mum. My mum has had a ghostly experience before in an old postoffice where she used to work. She was putting up paper work or sumthing like that, when she heard footsteps and keys rattleing out side in the corridor. She put the papers down and looked out the door into the corridor. One of her friends came along and asked if she was alright as she had turned pale. Then they both heard the rattleing of keys and the footsteps again. The former postmaster came by and said "oh! Sounds like Micheal is having a look around his old post office then."
Later John , the postmaster at the time, explained to mum and her friend that the noises they heard were that of the old postmaster Micheal who died some 60 years ago and has kept a close eye on the post office ever since!
kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 06:12 PM   #9
TariCalmcacil
Hobbit

Location: a bedroom, a house, a street, a town, a state, a country, a continent, a hemisphere, a earth, a solar system, a unvierse
Hello. I'm a psychic, and I have had several ghost experiences and Alien experiences.

One day, I looked in the mirror of my parents room, and there was a tall man standing behind me, in a suit, he had such a creepy look on him. It was very scary... because he sort of smiled and then he dissapeared before I turned around. (Don't they alwayz?)

Another one was when a friend and I did a seance and, then, like 6 months later, she found a message written on her arm from the spirit. Oddly, I had been looking for the very pen that the spirit had used, because I had wanted to leave the trailor. And also, I had heard footsteps around the trailor like 2 minutes before, and that was scary because they opened the cooler outside and when we went out in the morning, a soda was missing!! =P

Ghosts, are merely spirits. And there are spirits everywhere. Spirits of air, earth, fire, water! everywhere. =D

Tari

Love is the feeling when you look in his eye, and know with a tear that you are going to get by.

Once upon a time, I was born then I died. Thats the whole story. It's the end.
TariCalmcacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 11:07 PM   #10
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

If you think you can offer evidence for the existance of supernatural or paranormal phenomena, why don't you go to http://www.randi.org/ and take up the million dollar challenge? Funny how no-one has taken the million dollars yet.
Old 01-13-2003, 02:01 AM   #11
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
I don't think that this was me geniunely predicting the future, but rather, my sub-conscious picking up on the indicators (body language, etc) and then impinging it within my dreams, from which point my conscious could better translate the filters.
Once I dreamed that a flea was walking across my foot. I woke up, and voila! There was the flea walking across my foot. I once had an experience of angels speaking to me, sensing their presences and encountering the Lord. This was after a stressful time of prayer that was at that moment unanswered. I was demanding an answer, and so made up the answer for myself when I didn't receive one.

So I have dreamed that real dream, and know that the subconscious can play tricks on you. When it does, it can sometimes lead a person to make mistakes. Your lack of experience, Cassiopeia, shows that you have protected yourself quite effectively from letting your subconscious play tricks on you. Good for you .

Experiences that aren't real though have some large differences, in my own experience, from real spiritual experiences. For one, you or your subconscious controls experiences that aren't real. Real spiritual experiences you don't have control over at all. The Lord doesn't need anyone to make up experiences, and he doesn't need an overactive subconscious. Things that you hear, see or sense are well out of your personal control.

Before I first encountered the Lord, I had had very few spiritual experiences. One vision and two or three answered prayers, but nothing else. Then when I found the Lord and was born again, things abruptly changed. I was thrown into a new world that I had previously not had access to. Sure I still made mistakes, but the Lord is kind and led me on.

You cannot consider all experiences false simply because you have not experienced them. Other witnesses have.

I have encountered both kinds of experiences in my time, the true and the false, and there are definite differences. Therefore, whether another individual can understand the experiences of another person or not, they cannot make judgements on other people's experiences. You cannot know what the other person is going through.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 01-13-2003 at 02:05 AM.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 09:20 AM   #12
gimli-son-of-gloin13
Elven Warrior

Well sometimes at my friends house its really freaky, ya see there one (we think that theres 4 in her house) thats just really annoying and doesnt like the doors shut (and its really annoying in the bathroom). weve gotten a little history from the old couple that they bought it from, they said it went back all the way to the civil war! and even before we found that out we had an encounter where he (the freaky one) was standing at the head of her bed in a civil war outfit and an old fashion knife in his hands we both felt it but she told me that night, i didnt wanna freak both of us out so i told her the next morning. actually she has always had that kinda problem, at her house here in my town (we have a long distance relationship ) , before she met me she saw a beautiful woman standing in front her mirror and many times she heard a little girl laughfing. also when she lived with her grandma grandpa. her mom(who doesnt belive in this kinda thing) saw a little boy run and hide behind the door and then he wasnt there. we also think theres a lady and her little girl. we realy wanna know more abou this house to explain some of it but right now we just deall with them

Do you have any personality disorders, click here and see!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://public.findlaw.com/states_new.html

Find your rights as a student!
gimli-son-of-gloin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 10:11 AM   #13
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

My experience with Ghosts
By Andúril

Foreword

This epic does not deserve a foreword.

Chapter 1: Ghosts - aahh!

Once upon a time I was at home and no-one else was at home and I was all alone and then I herd a noise so I looked outside but no-one was there so I went bac inside and watched some TV but I got tired of Baywatch and the bouncing body parts so I turned off the telly off and went to sleep but then while I was sleeping I did here a noise and it was a scary noise and it scared me and my dog and my dog came to me and did bark and he jumped onto my bed and protected me but then I lisened for more scary sounds and I heard nothing so I got out of bed and went into the pasage and then I saw a ghost and it was see threw and it was in the air and it was horrible and scary and terryfing and strange so Benji my dog tried to bite the ghost but it was no use coz ghosts are visible yet immaterial manifestations of fury so I through a fork at the ghost but it just laffed and I screamed and then benji screamed and then I woke up.

Chapter 2: Revenge of Benji

I then went to sleep and benji is a dog and he can't scream and it was only a dream.

The End.
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 03:33 PM   #14
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Nary a Nearly Headless Nick...

Years ago (about 8 I think) I had some really horrible experiences with a ouija board, blech.

Apart from that, no ghosts......I guess they are particular who they rattle their chains at.

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 03:36 PM   #15
TariCalmcacil
Hobbit

Location: a bedroom, a house, a street, a town, a state, a country, a continent, a hemisphere, a earth, a solar system, a unvierse
Quote:
Originally posted by cassiopeia
If you think you can offer evidence for the existance of supernatural or paranormal phenomena, why don't you go to http://www.randi.org/ and take up the million dollar challenge? Funny how no-one has taken the million dollars yet.
=P A million dollars? That would be no fun, anywho, those people want you to prove it to THEM, and I am perfectly fine with them thinking whatever they want, and I hope they are too!

Hehe, it sorta makes you wonder what we do in our spare time...

Tari

Love is the feeling when you look in his eye, and know with a tear that you are going to get by.

Once upon a time, I was born then I died. Thats the whole story. It's the end.
TariCalmcacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 07:20 PM   #16
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Any of the Seattle-peoples (EG, Tano, and others) been to Rosario Mansion on Orcas Island? last year I was upstairs at night. Only the lights in the hall were on. So when you go in the rooms, you have to leave the door propped open for light. darn spooky. anyway, the story of the mansion goes that that Robert Moran (some California rich guy) built it just after the turn of the century (1905 or '06) as a place where he could keep his insane wife. Supposedly, his wife still haunts the place.

Now, I don't believe in ghosts, but being in her room with only the dim light from the hallway was creepy.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 01:44 AM   #17
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by TariCalmcacil
Hello. I'm a psychic, and I have had several ghost experiences and Alien experiences.
If you're psychic, then what colour undies am I wearing right now?
Old 01-14-2003, 04:34 AM   #18
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
If you're psychic, then what colour undies am I wearing right now?
Is that a trick question?

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 05:17 AM   #19
BeardofPants
the Shrike

What do you think?
Old 01-14-2003, 07:55 AM   #20
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

I'm not a planned psychic. I can't sit down and say, "Ok, what do I want to see today?" On the other hand, I am continually getting that feeling like, "whoa, I've definitely been here before."

Of course ghosts are "real." Three ghosts that I know of haunt the stable where I keep my horse.

First there is SS, the Shapeless Spirit. What it is or who is unknown. It's just like a shapeless, colorless blob that does minor mischief in the barn. There then is the ghost horse. It's a dark-colored horse, probably a black or bay, but it will only ever be seen out of the corner of your eye. It usually comes when I'm feeding the horses. I think it may be the spirit of a horse who died here. I don't know if a horse ever died there, I'm just guessing.
Last, the ghost cat. We have three cats at our barn. two new kittens, Kitlet and Inge, and a really old cat named Monahan. Monahan is a black cat. He sleeps in a crate in the tack room. One night, after I had already put him in his crate, I saw a black cat on the hay bales. Thinknig it was Monahan, I walked towards it. It jumped down out through a window and vanished. No footprints. I think its the ghost of old Tommy. He was a cat that died last winter.

Now you have met the barn ghosts

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Elenka is offline   Reply With Quote