Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-30-2005, 05:14 PM   #121
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Hmm...*takes out "Guide to losing dreams" but realizes it is written by Britney Spears...throws it away...*

The song "Sound of silence" by Simon and Garfunkel does that to me...makes me really sad, brings back memories of when I felt really helpless...

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 07:03 PM   #122
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 09-12-2005 at 05:01 PM.
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 07:34 PM   #123
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

My grandmother has read some about the mind, and she says that memories that enter it never, ever leave. They are permanent. That also is a reason why the Bible says, "whatever is true, whatever is good, whatever is noble, think on these things." I'm very sorry about that dream, and I hope you have complete success in your effort to abandon drugs.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 08:27 PM   #124
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I DO think upon whatever is true, whatever is good, and whatever is noble. If I sat around thinking about all the s hit I've seen and experienced, I'd be in the psych ward or in prison for violent crimes. Instead, I'm in a beautiful home, with an amazing life full of comfort and stability and freedom and art and opportunity, with a brilliant and loving, wealthy and even gorgeous boyfriend who wants to marry me; the future's so bright I gotta wear shades.

Thanx 4 the nice words, tho, Lief.

Oh - and by the way, I HAVE had "complete success" in my "effort" at giving up drugs, thank you very much. They have been given up. End of story. Complete sucess for me in that department was accomplished well over a year ago. No need for you to "hope."

Last edited by Lotesse : 09-09-2005 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:27 PM   #125
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Last edited by Lotesse : 09-12-2005 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:16 AM   #126
Snowdog
Dúnedain Ranger of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
I DO think upon whatever is true, whatever is good, and whatever is noble. If I sat around thinking about all the s hit I've seen and experienced, I'd be in the psych ward or in prison for violent crimes. Instead, I'm in a beautiful home, with an amazing life full of comfort and stability and freedom and art and opportunity, with a brilliant and loving, wealthy and even gorgeous boyfriend who wants to marry me; the future's so bright I gotta wear shades.

Thanx 4 the nice words, tho, Lief.

Oh - and by the way, I HAVE had "complete success" in my "effort" at giving up drugs, thank you very much. They have been given up. End of story. Complete sucess for me in that department was accomplished well over a year ago. No need for you to "hope."
Sounds like dreams coming true there dear Lotesse!
Remember that all those ill things are in the past, and today is a new day of the rest of your life. I look back on old pix and memories that used to bring me down and say.... 'Yes, I sure was stupid to have done this, or get hooked to that person, etc., but all in all it was all parts to the whole, and it all has been what has made me who I am today. Many things I done have been regretful, but I will not be held captive to their sad memories. The sooner one learns how to do this, the happier they are.

It is the dreams of things to be that keep me smiling today.
I would go into it deeper here, but it will have to wait.

Last edited by Snowdog : 09-13-2005 at 11:20 AM.
Snowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 11:40 AM   #127
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Yes, Snowdog, it really WAS "dreams coming true," meeting my man, and on so many levels! It just goes to show that the power of positive thinking really does work; that if one thinks upon good stuff one would like to have happen in life, then sure enough, good stuff will come to be. Mind energy.

Old 09-13-2005, 11:51 AM   #128
Snowdog
Dúnedain Ranger of the North

I don't necessarily buy into the 'power of positive thinking' bit (reminds me too much of Casey Treat's "Christian" religious teachings), but one has to take steps to have good things come their way. Sitting around lamenting over how bad things are will not get you anywhere except depressed. So having a positive attitude to motivate yourself to take positive actions will get you places, not necessarily just 'thinking' it.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:54 AM   #129
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdog
I don't necessarily buy into the 'power of positive thinking' bit (reminds me too much of Casey Treat's "Christian" religious teachings), but one has to take steps to have good things come their way. Sitting around lamenting over how bad things are will not get you anywhere except depressed. So having a positive attitude to motivate yourself to take positive actions will get you places, not necessarily just 'thinking' it.
And my life is living proof, MAJOR living proof of that!

Old 09-13-2005, 12:46 PM   #130
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

gotta know where you've been so you can see where you're goin
Old 09-18-2005, 02:18 PM   #131
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Henri Rousseau's "The Dream"

Old 12-09-2005, 12:23 AM   #132
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

dreams....

ok now heres my dream.... i got kidnapped by a guy i know( dont ask me why its a VERY long story) anyways me and my friends got kidnapped and we had this gift where we could turn into any animal that we wanted at any given time. well we got kidnapped because of that and they dragged us on to a plane. we didn't know where we were going all i remember of that is i kept saying turn this plane around i want to go home. yes i did turn fiesty, i literely punched my captor...hehe later i laughed about it...and then the next morning we were still flying( weird eh?) and all of a suden the plane started jolting and we realized the plane was going down. it crashed and we dragged ourselves out ( our captors not with it yet) and we crawled away from the wreckage. we ended up in wellington new zealand and we came crawling to a hill where in the valley we saw a group of people. turns out the people were the LOTRS cast!!! by now we all didnot look so hot. we were bloody, tired, and beat up looking. well they helped us and we went back to the hotel they were staying in. they helped us recover but all the while we were still hiding from our captors. we finally got better and peter jackson got us roles in the lotrs movies..and then i woke up!!!!! i hope this makes sense!!

Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer:
Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulaer!

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone
Tamuril Sirfalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:51 AM   #133
ringbearer
Elf Lord

OK...Who else has dreamed about being at School (or work) and being naked? The worst part of this dream is you are worried about when someone will notice, yet no one ever seems to notice...FREAKY!

The weirdest dream I ever had was about a carnival...Me and a friend were at a carnival...While walking around we noticed these guys walking around sweeping up some kind of debris into black bags. There was a ride where this HUGE guy swung you around on ropes...(?) There was another ride where you rode up, and up, in some kind of cylinder...at the top...YOU WERE DROPPED! After you smashed to the ground, some guy would come along and sweep you up into a black bag!

Hide Witch, hide!
The Good Folks come to burn thee!
Their keen enjoyment hid behind
A Gothic mask of duty!
ringbearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 04:34 AM   #134
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringbearer
OK...Who else has dreamed about being at School (or work) and being naked? The worst part of this dream is you are worried about when someone will notice, yet no one ever seems to notice...FREAKY!
Well, not naked, but in pyjamas. Just as freaky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringbearer
The weirdest dream I ever had was about a carnival...Me and a friend were at a carnival...While walking around we noticed these guys walking around sweeping up some kind of debris into black bags. There was a ride where this HUGE guy swung you around on ropes...(?) There was another ride where you rode up, and up, in some kind of cylinder...at the top...YOU WERE DROPPED! After you smashed to the ground, some guy would come along and sweep you up into a black bag!

When I had a dream last time (or, the last one I can remember - it's said we dream every night just don't remember it ) was a strange one... I somehow traveled back in time, I scared my family-in-the-past to death, appearing suddenly... and I was there as a little kid too... but all my concern was to see my grandpa and persuade him to go to the doctor before he gets into a late stage of cancer, so he might not die so soon... Weird and spooky... but the feeling I remember the strongest was the huge relief and happiness when I found him and flung myself into his arms... somehow I felt everything would be all right. Then I woke up, not scared or sad, but smiling. A strange, but comforting dream, after all.

(My grandpa died 7 years ago... and yet it seems in my deepest-deep mind I miss him still... )
Old 12-09-2005, 10:38 AM   #135
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

I dreamt I cane to the Moot and everyone made sense
Old 12-09-2005, 12:02 PM   #136
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I had this dream. It was -very- odd because it happened over two nights.

The first night I don't remember much of. I was an adult (mid-twenty's, early thirty's--pretty young still) and I had just moved to this really rural kind of place. It was one of those places that's always a little chilly even during the summer, and everyone lived in those houses that are built to look like cottages, but are modern on the inside. It was really very pretty because I lived near a forest and there was fog an' all that stuff.

Then I found out there was this one old, incredibly ugly woman who lived there and she was a witch. Everyone was afraid of her.

I -think- some time passed and I met a girl who was near my age and we started dating.

Then I woke up.

Next night:

I had done -something- that made the witch mad, and I was running from her and my girlfriend was running with me. I think maybe I had been hunting the witch and trying to kill her.

Then there was a knock on the door of my house, and I looked through the 'peep-hole' in the doorway and saw the witch looking back through it at me. She said something and it felt like someone had clubbed me on the back of the head.

Next thing I knew I was laying on a stone table and there were these stone hands coming up out of it and holding down my arms and legs, and then two more came up out of the table and started crawling up my stomach and towards my face. Thaaaat's when I started screaming and woke up again.

I'm praying I'm not gonna finish that dream. Something tells me it ends unpleasantly for me .

Witch: 1 Tessar: 0

Last edited by Tessar : 12-09-2005 at 12:03 PM.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 12:06 PM   #137
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Yikes! A Freudian would have a field day with that one. Try thinking of something pleasant next time; tell your subconscious you want to go to Disney World or Tivoli Gardens or some such place. A strong enough effort while your awake will help your subconscious take you out of such dreams when they happen.

Trust you're feeling better.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:27 PM   #138
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleadanel
Well, not naked, but in pyjamas. Just as freaky...

Now THAT is weird. and SCARY.

When I had a dream last time (or, the last one I can remember - it's said we dream every night just don't remember it ) was a strange one... I somehow traveled back in time, I scared my family-in-the-past to death, appearing suddenly... and I was there as a little kid too... but all my concern was to see my grandpa and persuade him to go to the doctor before he gets into a late stage of cancer, so he might not die so soon... Weird and spooky... but the feeling I remember the strongest was the huge relief and happiness when I found him and flung myself into his arms... somehow I felt everything would be all right. Then I woke up, not scared or sad, but smiling. A strange, but comforting dream, after all.

(My grandpa died 7 years ago... and yet it seems in my deepest-deep mind I miss him still... )
i have worn pjamas to school before but not in my dreams...im sorry about your grandfather...my uncle died a few months ago and i miss him terribly so

Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer:
Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulaer!

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone
Tamuril Sirfalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 02:14 AM   #139
ringbearer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamuril Sirfalas
i have worn pjamas to school before but not in my dreams...im sorry about your grandfather...my uncle died a few months ago and i miss him terribly so
O.K....but, have you ever gone to school naked?

Hide Witch, hide!
The Good Folks come to burn thee!
Their keen enjoyment hid behind
A Gothic mask of duty!
ringbearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 04:46 AM   #140
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

lol ringbearer, would that be in dreams or real life?

I had really weird dreams this morning that I can't remember, but I know they were weird. They are just fleeting memories that I can't pin down.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote