Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-23-2002, 03:14 PM   #121
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

"I am Alfwine, son of Fran, a Rider of the Mark," he replied, looking away.
Old 03-23-2002, 03:35 PM   #122
Laurenis
Enting

Kaytrien's arm had been causing her problems but she liked to keep it quiet. It seemed that venturing into the forest was more dangerous than she originally thought and she wouldn't like to hinder the company and be the one complaining. It was getting better, but the recovery had drained her. She was travelling fine and participating in the general conversations, but the strain showed in her face when she sat alone eating lunch.

Kaytrien thought about Birenath and hoped that he had totally recovered. She remembered his pains and how he had come to the inn that evening so recently. She began to realise that perhaps her problems were not so bad; that she had never truly felt real pain and suffering. This scared her, and yet lightened her heart and she felt safe for the first time in a few days.
'Therefore he willed that the hearts of Men should seek beyond the world and should find no rest therein; but they should have a virtue to shape their life, amid the powers and chances of the world, beyond the Music of the Ainur, which is as fate to all things else; and of their operation everything should be, in form and deed, completed, and the world fulfilled unto the last and smallest.'
Laurenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 03:39 PM   #123
Miriel Stormrider
Enting

Tessar had fallen asleep, very drained from the fight and also from helping to heal his companions.

Tessar........come to us............we are waiting for you..............

Tessar awoke with a scream of terror from what saw next, although later he had no recolection of what it was.
Old 03-23-2002, 03:43 PM   #124
Miriel Stormrider
Enting

whoops! we bothe posted at the same time.

did you jump us fword some?
Old 03-23-2002, 05:36 PM   #125
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

*Actually, everything's order is fine. Let's just keep going.*

"Alfwine, I see," Slythre said with a smile. "Are you seeking to return to your homeland, or are you content to remain in these lands which you have landed in? What are your intentions, if I may ask?"
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 07:13 PM   #126
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

still in the inn...

After a while Bropican came back to BĂ*renaths table with a bread, some butter and a mug filled with milk. "Thank you, you are much to kind!" Bropican smiled as he placed the food on the table. "You are more then welcome." He sat down on the other end of the rather small table.
"Tell me, BĂ*renath. What are you doing in these parts anyway?"
BĂ*renath took one of the bread slices and squiced some butter on its surface. "I came from the Blessed Realmes to look for my brother, Arat-LumĂ©nion. Have you heard of him?" The Innkeeper thought for a while. "Emm... no, I can't hear a bell ringing by that name I'm afraid. Maybe Turion, the wayfarer know though. He travels a lot, and meet alot of people on his journeys. He is sleeping under this very roof right now, he came this morning."
BĂ*renath took a good bite of the bread and swallowed it with some milk. "Would you be kind enough to introduce me to him then, when he wakes up?" Bropican agreed to this and left BĂ*renath with his food...
--------------

- Arat-Falathion
Old 03-24-2002, 02:18 AM   #127
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

Alfwine was uneasy in the scrutiny of the questioner but maintained his composure.

"I don't know," he gazed far into the distance. "My home is far, and perils lie in between. I am a man my people seek for, unaccounted for in an Orcish ambush, yet I strand here hundreds of leagues away. In the wilderness yet not in company of comrades do I yearn for home."

"Yet you follow us?" the woman inquired.

"I know not the way home," he smiled sheepishly, and was suddenly cut off with a piercing shout from behind him.

------------------------------------

A figure completely attired in black and seated at a side-table watched slowly as the Elf was left to the table with his breakfast. His yellow eyes narrowed in suspicion. Elves seldom ventured in these parts, yet too many of their numbers he had seen. The sight of them repulsed him, though he had been successful till then in suppressing his reactions.

"Lie low," his master had warned him days ago, and that he did, idly grunting as he sat. He had to be doing a good job in his disguise: inns like these never admitted Uruks.

Last edited by Selwythe : 03-24-2002 at 04:58 AM.
Selwythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 03:33 PM   #128
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Malagar glanced at Harnauro while Slythre talked with the newcomer. The two moved a ways from the group. Mal knew Harnauro's sense of hearing, and spoke low enough he could be sure none of the others would notice: "Can you tell where the orcs are?"

Harnauro responded in the same voice, "Aye, I can scent them. From here, I could say little more than the blade shows - near, but not too near. I could track them, but... would not want to reveal my nature."

"Fear not. The wolves with that elf, Irid, may be able to do much the same when all are recovered..."
Old 03-27-2002, 01:43 AM   #129
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Slythre broke off this line of conversation when Tessar gave a cry and sat up from his sleep. It soon was ascertained that he could remember little of his dream, so they didn't question him further.

"Are you elves fit to travel?" she addressed them, "or should me and my comrades continue alone for the time being? We have a job to see through."
Old 03-28-2002, 07:31 AM   #130
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

After a good breakfast at the inn...

Bropican came over and collected the empty dishes and walked away again. Suddenly noticed BĂ*renath someone coming down the stairs...
Bropican hurried over to him, and showed him to BĂ*renath's table.
"BĂ*renath, meet Turion." Bropican said. BĂ*renath stood up and bowed. "I am Arat-BĂ*renath and is in this town looking for my brother. Do you know Arat-LumĂ©nion?" Turion were thinking very hard, it was easy to see by the looks at his face. "I think I actually remember that name. Hmm... it shouldn't be too far from here. Although, as I remember it, he lives on a place hard to find. So you'll need a guide. I could guide you, but that would cost you." Turion smiled greedly on BĂ*renath. "Very well. I'll pay you once we get there." Turion agreed.
"Thank you for your hospitality Bropican. I'll be sure to head back here before the war is over, if my destiny allow me to." To these words Bropican bowed before BĂ*renath and Turion, and the high-elf and the wandering human walked out the door...

-------------
OOC:
Selwythe: your Uruk at the Inn may follow us, if that is of your wish

- Arat-Falathion
Old 03-29-2002, 04:24 AM   #131
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

The mysterious black figure rose and left through the door, roughly pushing aside the portly innkeeper. He watched the Elf in front with eyes slit.
Old 03-29-2002, 04:53 AM   #132
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

Irid bowed her head to the woman.

"I am fit. I did not have bad injuries."

*OOC: well, I'm back! *
Old 03-29-2002, 07:21 AM   #133
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Leaving the Inn...

"Do you bear any weapons?" Turion asked. "No, I broke my bow a few days ago." BĂ*renath replyed secretly. He had a fealing that revealing too much to this stranger would not serve for good purposes. "So you're a bow's man?" Turion rised an eyebrow. "Well... yes, you might say so." Turion stoped for a moment and examined BĂ*renath. "You look more like a sword swinger to me. Let's go to the Blacksmith and buy one for you." BĂ*renath agreed silently, and so they walked up the one-road street and shortly they came to the blacksmith.

"Is there anything I could help you with?" the blacksmith asked as they stoped beside him. "My fellow here needs a sword." Turion replyed quickly. "Make it balanced and light, yet long and devastating." The blacksmith nodded and started to work.
Turion looked back at BĂ*renath. "Have you ever fought with a sword before?" BĂ*renath shook his head. "No, I haven't." Turion looked back at the working blacksmith. "Maybe I'll have time to teach you a trick or two before we travel too far from the village. These are dark tides and the land outside are dangerous and full of orcs."

They both sat down on a bench resting towards the blacksmiths house wall as they waited for the sword to be made...

-----------------
OOC: welcome back Irid
I'm leaving later today for a few days.. I hope I'll get to write further on the story before that though...

- Arat-Falathion
Old 03-29-2002, 01:32 PM   #134
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Not that I know much about sword building but........ doesent it take a day or two to make one? I know a bit about swords but not their creation so forgive me if I'm wrong.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 02:05 PM   #135
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

ooc: myself I have no clue... but I guess it ain't like going to the icecream man... but these two guys (BĂ*renath and Turion have good time.. and the blacksmithie works fast... so a couple of hourse should do...

- me
Old 03-29-2002, 02:24 PM   #136
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

Hey you guys, we have an ooc thread for this
Old 03-30-2002, 05:06 AM   #137
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Resting at a blacksmithie's bench..

"You better leave your dreams now, elf from Valinor." Turion shoock BĂ*renath shoftly. "Oh, did I fall to sleep?" BĂ*renath said as he opened his eyes and came back to reality. "How long?" Turion smiled. "A couple of hours. Just enough to have your sword made." Glancing over at the working Blacksmith, BĂ*renath saw him do the final touches to his sword and putting it into water for cooling.
"It should be ready in a minute." The blacksmith said. "We can deal with the payments while we are waiting." Suddenly something struck BĂ*renath. He didn't have any money to pay the smithie. Happily enough it seemed like Turion had already guessed this and payed off the sword. You'll pay me back when we find your brother." Turion said to the thankful elf.

Moments later their quest continued. BĂ*renath had his sword by his side, and so did Turion. "I will teach you some basic skills as soon as we get out of town, we do not want to hurt anyone now, do we?" BĂ*renath smiled, he couldn't wait...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: people are not much active at the moment! Come ON! I know it's eastern and everything... but come on!

- Arat-Falathion

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 03-30-2002 at 05:08 AM.
Arat-Falathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 11:09 AM   #138
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

"Good," Slythre said as she surveyed the others briefly. They did look as though they could use a day or two's rest, but they were all getting up. Thankfully Erenfor had sent horses, that was now a real lifesaver. "Everyone who is coming with, take a horse," she told them as she mounted her own.
Old 03-31-2002, 12:50 PM   #139
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Mal easily slides onto a horse, and Harnauro does as well, though the animal is obviously not comfortable with his presence. Yet it bears him, and the two stand ready to move out when the group does.
Old 04-01-2002, 04:10 PM   #140
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

Irid looked at the horses, grinning. They had a saddle, and she didn't need one. She chose a white horse, took off the saddle, and leaped on it's back. It easily answered to her commands. The wolves did not need a horse. She waited for the others, who were mounting...