Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-09-2004, 12:30 PM   #121
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Hmm... yeah, that's true.

So should I put up the new chappies now? I have them ready to go I think.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 03:26 PM   #122
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Yes, I think you should.

I can't think of a new Vodemort scheme... if you look carefully, you'd see that in almost every book Voldemort's plans are connected to something new we didn't know before, like the philosophers stone, chamber of secrets, portal-keys, the Crouches, the prophecy, etc.... so we can't rea;lly start guessing what the plan is. We can try, but it wouldn't be right almost fr sure.

I think we should invent things, so that we might be close to the real story.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 04:28 PM   #123
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Well, here are my new chapters...

Chapter 11- The MoM is making a full search for the missing Muggleborn students, but they are keeping it very secret, as it's not supposed to be widely known. Harry dreams about Voldie and the disappearences, so he goes to Dumbledore to tell him about it, but then he realises that Voldie will have known about the dream so it wouldn't do much good anyway.

Chapter 12- Hermione is trying to improve inter-House relationships because once agian that's what the Sorting Hat said. Ron doesn't like that and/or doesn't believe her and they have a big fight. They refuse to talk to each other.

Chapter 13- Hermione suceeds in her plan. Blaise Zabini (A girl!!) goes to the OotP side (Or says she does!). Ron doesn't trust her, but Dumbledore says he should.

Chapter 14- Hagrid takes the Trio to visit Grawp again. He says he's become much better behaved over the summer. Amazingly, they find he has. They have a (semi) intelligent conversation with him, but it's like he was a small child.

Chapter 15- A Quidditch match, vs. Slytherin. Malfoy got a Firebolt. He keeps cheating so Gryffindor gets lots of penalty shots. Ginny became a Chaser and she's really good and Ron is still keeper, but he's improved. So have the new beaters. But most of the team isn't very experienced, they are tied with Slytherin. Then Harry gets the Snitch, but it was very close.

So how's that?

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
Old 08-09-2004, 04:49 PM   #124
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

That seems very good Siri! Tell me more about Blaise...what house is she from? Is she someone Harry could use to make Ginny jealous?
Old 08-09-2004, 06:45 PM   #125
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Blaise is from Slytherin, and is in Harry's year. She's actually in canon, but that's all you know about her. You don't even know if she's a guy or a girl, (which is why I stressed that she's a girl) and there's this huge debate going through the fandom about whether she is a guy or a girl. Obviously, I'm on the girl side. Could be because of a great fic I read where she is a girl, and actually in that fic she looks a lot like Ginny. So if we go by that, yes, she could be used for those evil purposes!!
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 08-09-2004, 08:46 PM   #126
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Excellent! A "good" slytherin girl who is attractive! Now.....if Dumbledore says to trust her....well....we have no choice eh? The same as with Professor Snape! What is more mysterious than a "good" Slytherin? I'll never know!
Old 08-09-2004, 10:42 PM   #127
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizra
Chap. 10: Several muggle-born Hogwarts students ( to date, a Hufflepuff, a Ravenclaw, and a Slytherin) vanish mysteriously and the staff suspects port keys have been planted on the school grounds by Voldemort supporters. Where the muggleborn students are being transported to is unknown. This "problem" is kept hush hush, but Hagrid accidently "spills the beans" when he overhears Ron freaking out because he thinks Hermione will be next.Discussion anyone?
Why would there be a muggle born Slytherin? Lizra my dear you need to brush up on your houses and who they will and will not teach.
Do oyu really think Harry would go for a Slytherin though? After all he's been through.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 10:57 PM   #128
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Do oyu really think Harry would go for a Slytherin though? After all he's been through.
No, not really. But Lizra asked!
Quote:
Why would there be a muggle born Slytherin? Lizra my dear you need to brush up on your houses and who they will and will not teach.
Why not? They never have to tell the other people in their house that they're muggleborn. The sorting hat sorts by your personality, not by who your parents were. If there's a muggleborn that doesn't really fit any other house and is cunning/ambitious, I don't see why they couldn't go into Slytherin. I for one am a Slytherin, but I think all that 'pureblood' stuff is BS. And I'm not even muggleborn (duh, or I wouldn't be here!), I'm muggle!

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 08-10-2004, 07:50 AM   #129
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Harry doesn't have to "go" for Blaise that much to make Ginny jealous. Women (girls) are funny. Our poor Harry could possibly see a touching side of the lovely Blaise and merely show her a little sympathy/empathy, this, OF COURSE would make people gossip and "get around to" Ginny. Blaise could also be on the Slytherin quidditch team, and impress Harry with her skill there, once again, starting some gossip and catching Ginny's interest that way. Harry doesn't have to be very guilty, and he does seem to have a natural knack for falling into awkward situations....
As far as a muggle born Slytherin, I think Siri hit the nail on the head, There are plenty of mugglish types who could ONLY fit in Slytherin. And the way Hagrid talked, I doubt there's enough "pure-borns" to fill a house.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:12 PM   #130
Fimbrethil

I don't think so...I can't remember whiich book it's in but there was somthing said about Salazar Slytherin only taking the purest of blood. I'll look into that and post what I find. But about the whole "not enough to fill a class" thing...I htink that's a little out there. Most purebloods have the same thinking the Malfoy's do and the family line that was in Grimwhatever Place was rather extended. And the pureblood stuff being BS...well I don't think it is just read the tittle of the next book. Siri what does you being a Slytherin have todo with anything? HP isn't real and we aren't comparing it to real life. No offense meant by that.

Old 08-10-2004, 04:57 PM   #131
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Quote:
I don't think so...I can't remember whiich book it's in but there was somthing said about Salazar Slytherin only taking the purest of blood. I'll look into that and post what I find. But about the whole "not enough to fill a class" thing...I htink that's a little out there. Most purebloods have the same thinking the Malfoy's do and the family line that was in Grimwhatever Place was rather extended. And the pureblood stuff being BS...well I don't think it is just read the tittle of the next book. Siri what does you being a Slytherin have todo with anything? HP isn't real and we aren't comparing it to real life. No offense meant by that.
Well, Salazar Slytherin lived a thousand years ago, and the books also say that if they didn't marry muggles, wizards would die out. I think that there would have been more purebloods back in the Founder's Era. About the pureblood families... yes, that's true. It was rather extended, but by no means anything close to even, for example, how many people that go to Hogwarts that were mentioned. I'm not saying that the pureblood stuff isn't important to the books, but my personal opinion is that it's stupid. That's where me being a Slytherin comes in as well. What I was saying was that since I'm a Slytherin, and I think that preblooded stuff is BS, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. In fact, I know a lot of people who consider themselves Slytherins who feel the same way I do (Of course, none of them are wizards either...) So there's no reason why some of the Slytherins in the books feel the same way we do. Well, obviously, there are some half-bloods and stuff in Slytherin, Tom Riddle was a half-blood! And if a half-blood can hate muggles (his own family, in fact!) so much, there's no reason why it coldn't work the other way as well.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 08-10-2004, 06:41 PM   #132
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I agree with Fimbrethil; I think it's sort of not right/possible for someone who's not pureblooded to get into Slytherin, considering the fact that Slytherin wouldn't take any muggle-borns, and therefore the sorting hat cannot put them in the Slytherin house. The sorting hat suppose to work the same way the 4 founders did, and sort them out the same way.

I think, btw, that ht eSlytherin girl idea is very good. (except that she shouldn't be muggle born)
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 09:48 PM   #133
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Blaise isn't muggleborn. The reason we were talking about muggleborns in Slytherin is beacuse muggleborns are disappearing, and so far there was someone who disappeared from Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. But maybe we should change that. I dunno...

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 08-11-2004, 12:44 AM   #134
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I have to say I don't really know. (about muggle born Slytherins) To me, it seems plausible....so I'm asking on another forum, to get some other opinions. Let's not be hasty! Bear with me a day or two!
Old 08-11-2004, 08:47 AM   #135
azalea
Long lost mooter

The "are half-bloods allowed in Slytherin" question is apparently a point of debate across the HP fan world. There doesn't seem to be a definate answer for that, aside from the fact that Tom was sorted in. But because he was the heir, we don't know if he was a special case. So I guess it's up to us to decide what we think is the right answer!

Edit: I think we can assume that while half-bloods might be in, muggle-borns would not be sorted in. There would have to be a very special reason for it.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 08:35 PM   #136
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I guess it's 2 for muggle borns, 3 against...since nobody really knows for sure, we'll have to go with the vote. So, I should rewrite chpt 10 as:

Chap. 10: Several muggle-born Hogwarts students ( to date, a Hufflepuff, and a Ravenclaw) vanish mysteriously and the staff suspects port keys have been planted on the school grounds by Voldemort supporters. Where the muggleborn students are being transported to is unknown. This "problem" is kept hush hush, but Hagrid accidently "spills the beans" when he overhears Ron freaking out because he thinks Hermione (Gryffindor) will be next.

Hagrid also has his hands full trying to keep the creatures in the forest safe, and his giant half brother is suspected as a trouble maker.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I have to wonder how the Sorting hat sorts the muggleborn wizards and witches that have Slytherin personality characteristics?

"......Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means
To achieve their ends........" (Thanks BoP )

You think they get sent to another school? One in the US perhaps?

Last edited by Lizra : 08-11-2004 at 09:21 PM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:28 PM   #137
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

I guess we were overruled, Lizra. Oh well, that's okay. So is there anything else anyone has a problem with?

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 08-11-2004, 10:07 PM   #138
azalea
Long lost mooter

Well, when put that way, it does seem odd that there would be none, but it just seems so unlikely from the way Draco acts, and the fact that that was what the founder's viewpoint was (muggle-born = not a real wizard). I'm really undecided, but for the sake of moving forward, let'd do keep the Slytherins out of it (unless new info comes to light).
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 11:17 PM   #139
Fimbrethil

Well, I was talking to a friend who likes HP also and we decided that pureblood doesn't mean you have only wizard blood in you...it simply means you can trace it back to whom ever you wish. Also, in whatever book it is and someone (Mconagall(sp?) or Dumbldore I think) are explaining about the sorting hat and the Founders put there thoughts about how the houses should be choosen into it. So that alone ought to tell you that mudbloods wouldn't be allowed. Plus there's the fact that none of the slytherins like them (ie. Draco calling Hermione a mudblood) and it would not be a safe environment for them. And they wouldn't go into another school they would be sorted into the next possible house.

Old 08-11-2004, 11:39 PM   #140
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Well, like I said before, if a Muggleborn was in Slytherin, he doesn't have to tell anyone does he? And you're just using Draco as an example. He's like the only Slytherin they really go into detail in in the books, so how do you know that all Slytherins are like him?

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD