Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-10-2003, 05:18 PM   #121
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I still think tatoos are incredibly ugly, trendy or not. I would have my tiny one removed in a second, but it would cost over one hundred dollars, and there's always things more important! The ugliest ones are the ones on womens legs! Ooooh! So icky looking! (IMO) They look like varicose vein blobs!
Old 07-10-2003, 05:23 PM   #122
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

lol!

I don't have a problem with tatoos but i would never have one in a million years.
I don't like it when people are covered in them, i think they are better when they are smaller and pretty.

Piercings again i don't have a problem, i have my ears pierced but i would never get anything else done. All my friends have their belly-buttons pierced but i personally don't like it at all.

Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 05:25 PM   #123
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
I still think tatoos are incredibly ugly, trendy or not. I would have my tiny one removed in a second, but it would cost over one hundred dollars, and there's always things more important! The ugliest ones are the ones on womens legs! Ooooh! So icky looking! (IMO) They look like varicose vein blobs!

thats hilarious. I would never dream of gettign a tattoo. if i get one before i am 19, my dad will kill me, same with any piercing other then the one on my ear.

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 03:27 PM   #124
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Baby-K
It really isn't all that painful at all - I think the belly would probably be more ouch than the eyebrow was, mebbe not, but I'll see - my friend has convinced me that we have to give each other bellyrings (so I'm going along with it for giggles - haha, she agreed to get a tattoo with me in exchange )
I couldn't do anything but ears that shows, because The Man doesn't like his minions with visible tatoos and piercings. But I don't think the eyebrows, tongue and lips, etc. are very attractive as far as piercings. And I'm not piercing anything that is... err... really sensitive. So, only the belly button would work for me, if I had any inclinations to do so.

Don't do your own belly button yourselves. The skin is too tough and I had a friend try to do her own. It didn't work and it was actually in the wrong place. She went and had it professionally done, but still has a small hole where she tried it herself.

I have a step-brother who is a tatoo artist. He had his own shop for a while, but decided to move down south, and has a partner at his new shop. He's covered with tatoos, and he does really pretty work. But like I said, I can't have anything visible, and I really don't want my step-brother to see any private spots on me.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:34 PM   #125
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Tada! See, I still post here.

Anybody's opinions change since 2003?

For some reason, I feel like getting my left eyebrow pierced. I won't do it, mainly because I don't understand why I want it, but that would be what I'd pierce if I ever needed to pierce something.

And I also decided on a tattoo. I want an anchor on my calf. I love boats, and fishing and crabbing, but definately don't do it often enough. So before I get this tatoo, I'll have to become a deckhand or something to truly justify it. Otherwise it wouldn't be meaningful enough.

There's also a plan among a bunch of my friends to go get similar tattoos at the end of this summer. If I go with them, just to watch, it'll be my first time in a tattoo parlor.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:38 PM   #126
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

wotcha Bomb!

..so ..what's this 'ere thread about then?
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:03 AM   #127
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardofPants
Still considering another tattoo: I've yet to find a design that I like though.
I'm going to get another tattoo as a pre-graduation present to myself for completing my post-grad at university. It will likely be a Hatshepsut's cartouche on my lower back (any old 'mooters remember my old title : 'Toppled Goddess of Maat? Well, Hatshepsut's throne name translates as 'Maat is the ka (spirit) of Re, neat huh?). It will be similar to the picture below (the lower cartouche), except it will run vertically down the base of my lower back, not horizontally.

http://www.neferchichi.com/images/ph...hatshepsut.gif
Old 07-07-2006, 01:08 AM   #128
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

That's gonna be a cool one BoP!

I remember when you were toppled goddess of Maat...
Old 07-07-2006, 02:50 AM   #129
BeardofPants
the Shrike

You know that officially makes you an old geezer, right?

I'm happy with the design - I'm gonna sit on it for a few months until I finish varsity, and then I'll see if I still want it then.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:38 AM   #130
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Wow! Old thread by me

My opinions have not changed and I have not heard of Toppled Goddess of Maat
in ages. But I will say that BoP new tatoo is more pleasing to my taste. It is rather Spartan in aesthetics not gaudy. If you get it done it would be cool to see it.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:17 AM   #131
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Finally got this done today. Pics will have to wait until I get the camera back though.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:04 PM   #132
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

That's cool! I wanna see pics.

I'm seriously considering getting one on my shoulder blade over the summer... it's of a treble cleff and a bass cleff with the treble upside down and facing the bass so that they form a heart. I've been wanting something to sort of mark myself, musically speaking, and I kinda feel like that's it.

I've fully reconsidered getting my ears pierced, though. I considered it for a while but with the way my face is shaped I think I'd just look dumb.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:57 PM   #133
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
I have seven piercings, two in my right ear (lobes), four in my left ear *2 lobes, one cartilage, anti-tragus) and a lip ring.

So yeah, I like piercings. My first lobe piercings are stretched.

I have one tattoo and plan on more, and the boyfriend has two and plans on getting sleeves.

I like thinking of my body as a canvas.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:06 AM   #134
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardofPants View Post
That is going to be a super awesome tattoo. I want to see the pictures too, when you get your camera back.

I love tattoos and piercings. I don't have either one but I always find the body art of other people interesting. Some people choose really ugly tattoos, but there are lots of good ones out there. I love it when people's entire arms/back/shoulders are covered in tattoos.

I would love to get a tattoo, but I haven't been inspired by any designs. I want to design my own tattoo, but I don't know what I'll do yet. I think I'd like to incorporate a salmon somehow, but without poaching any Haida imagery.

My cousin has the raddest tattoo ever on his forearm. It's of two arm bones, complete with shading. Their size and location on his arm approximate where your actual arm bones are, so it's kind of like an x-ray. Best tattoo ever.

I have no desire to get a piercing - I simply wouldn't be bothered to take care of it and put in earrings often enough to make it worthwhile.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:02 AM   #135
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel View Post
I have no desire to get a piercing - I simply wouldn't be bothered to take care of it and put in earrings often enough to make it worthwhile.
Pssst, you just put some in that you like and never take them out again until your mother starts complaining so you'll switch to something else and stick with that for another couple of years

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:06 AM   #136
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel View Post
I think I'd like to incorporate a salmon somehow, but without poaching any Haida imagery.
You could always try to draw one yourself in the style, or find someone who can do so for you.

For me, if I ever get one, I want it to be my own design. But considering I can't decide between the stylised whale I drew a few years back or maybe going for a frog, it's not going to be any time soon.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:04 AM   #137
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

I didn't originally like my given name. But I never used a nickname. My strategy is to MAKE what I'm given matter. Same way with tattoos and piercings. I have original equipment in good condition. Messing with that just isn't my way.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:58 AM   #138
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt View Post
I didn't originally like my given name. But I never used a nickname. My strategy is to MAKE what I'm given matter. Same way with tattoos and piercings. I have original equipment in good condition. Messing with that just isn't my way.

I'm going to copy, paste, and print this.

Then 10 years from now when you fall and break your hip, then get it replaced, and have the deluxe titanium version installed instead of the normal hip replacement, I'm sending this to you. >.<

Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:07 AM   #139
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
I'm going to copy, paste, and print this.

Then 10 years from now when you fall and break your hip, then get it replaced, and have the deluxe titanium version installed instead of the normal hip replacement, I'm sending this to you. >.<

Original equipment in good condition is the standard. "Broken" is another standard.

And were I to fall and break my hip in 10 years, it would be from dancing on the table at a cooler party than you'll EVER get into, me boyo.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:11 AM   #140
Mari
Elf Lady

So you're the kind of person who dances on tables eh?

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote