Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-27-2002, 04:37 PM   #121
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
I think it's got a lot to do with the fact that she's made her pile of dough now, and therefore her incentive for writing has gone. I mean, if you were rich, and in love, would you really want to write books?
Yes!!!! *hops up and down* I'd never have to think about money and I could have whatever career I wanted, I could write without worrying about whether or not I was going to make any money! Of course I'd want to write books. Then again, I am in love ... with writing.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 11:20 PM   #122
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
That sorta it if you like writing, you can't just suddenly stop
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
TwirlingString is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 01:17 AM   #123
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Well, legally JKR CANT stop. She signed up for a contract 7 books. I think they have a time limit on it too. So they will eventually be out, or she will eventually be in jail.

This one is deactivated, I think.
Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 01:19 AM   #124
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
shes already submitting the next book so.. anyway thing about it if she violated her contract do you thibk she'd survive to reach prision?
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 11-29-2002, 01:33 AM   #125
BeardofPants
the Shrike

You mean, after the mobs lynched her?
Old 11-29-2002, 01:34 AM   #126
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Lol. I don't know. Or angry prison guards won't leave her in peace once she get's there. talkin' about makin' their CHILDREN wait, when we all know THEY were reading them.

Old 11-29-2002, 07:39 PM   #127
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

I swear she'd last about 5 seconds about the anouncement, someone in the audience would be bound to have a gun.

Old 12-01-2002, 09:50 AM   #128
sun-star
Lady of Letters

If they wanted to persuade her to finish the series, shooting her might not be a great idea. Maybe a prolonged kidnapping (as long as it took to force her to write)

I agree with Silverstripe: if you're a writer, you're a writer. You can't stop it, even if you're rich and famous. I could understand though if the burden of expectation got too much for her. All those fans, and all wanting a different thing: Harry dying, Harry living, H-H, R-H, Snape becoming ruler of the universe... I'd be scared I wouldn't live up to their hopes.
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.
sun-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 01:19 PM   #129
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Poor JK Rowling!! Even if she IS rich and famous, think of how pressured she must be, with all these unfounded rumors flying around. I mean, she must be having dreams in which Harry is killed after Ron figures out Hermione's been seeing him behind his back AND consorting with Albusvoldemort, the new bad guy. Poor lady.

Maybe I'LL start writing the books,sending them to her, allow her to publish my work (as long as I get 3/4 of the profits...) and then incorporate Harry's long-lost little brother...a short, hairy-footed guy. Or maybe not...one copyright violation is enough to totally consume my whole entire life's salary!!
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 02:26 PM   #130
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
Lol Lol Lol
My friend had a signing from her.
She said Rowling was really sweaty,
had greasy hair,
smely
and was panting!!
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 02:44 PM   #131
BeardofPants
the Shrike

So?
Old 12-06-2002, 03:59 PM   #132
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackboar
Lol Lol Lol
My friend had a signing from her.
She said Rowling was really sweaty,
had greasy hair,
smely
and was panting!!
Well tell your friend not to walk into Rowling's bedroom next time she wants a book signed

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 08:26 PM   #133
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Oh my ...Gah....

Bad Coney!!! BAD BAD!!!

Old 12-20-2002, 08:22 PM   #134
Diaxion
Elven Warrior

Harry Potter really got me back into reading fantasy (before i was in a biography phase) I owe Harry Potter my fantazy passion
Old 12-21-2002, 12:31 AM   #135
GRONK!!!
Hobbit

Quote:
Well, legally JKR CANT stop. She signed up for a contract 7 books. I think they have a time limit on it too. So they will eventually be out, or she will eventually be in jail.
How detailed are these contracts? Do they have requirements for length and quality? Like if Rowling wanted could she make these the next 3 books?

(Full Text)

Book 5: Harry Potter got killed by Voldemort.
Book 6: People attended Harry's funeral.
Book 7: Voldemort wins. The End.

If there was a length requirement she could type random words for 100 pages. Ok, so fans would kill Rowling and companies could never sell these sentence long books and would know it. But if she wanted to could she do this?
GRONK!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 04:47 PM   #136
Sicirus
Elf Lord

JK already has thlast chapter of the whole series written. I beleive she said that it tells of what happens in Harry's futur. But hey anything can ahppen. Poor JK could be killed before she writtes the remaining bits of the series. or even lose her memorie. But lets hope this does not happen.
Old 12-23-2002, 12:32 AM   #137
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

I think JK Rowling needs to hurry up and publish the fifth book. I will probobly be in college before the seventh book comes out. Everytime I read the fourth book, I go into a kindof book withdrawel. I don't read another book. I act all depressed. This lasts for a couple weeks, then I start to read again. Sometimes I wonder if she will ever publish a fifth book. If they haul her off to jail, surly she could get a really good lawyer to get her out, or buy her way out. Maybe she is just getting tired of Harry Potter. Does anyone think she will write other books after she finishes the Harry Potter series?

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 05:15 PM   #138
Adrian Baggins
Frodo's lil sis HP LotR fan

My best friend watched a documentarry with JK in it she said that Jk said there would be unsuspected deaths. Then she muttered Ron uder her breath. But she also said something about Ron helping Harry and them going off on a vacation after they get out of Hogwarts together so they meet a new kid named Ron somewhere down the line and he must try to save Harry or get in Voldemort's way. Maybe he is another Creeve.
Owner of the 3 unknown rings

I LIKE HIEI!! LOOK AT MY AVITAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Adrian Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 05:49 PM   #139
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

Noooooooooooooooooooooo! She can't kill off Ron! He is my favorite charecter... I won't read another page if he dies! I will be too busy righting angry letters to JK Rowling! Okay, so I probobly will finish the entire series even if he dies, but will be just to prove to myself that noone can be better than Ron was/is!

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 08:21 PM   #140
Adrian Baggins
Frodo's lil sis HP LotR fan

Quote:
Originally posted by eowyngirl14
Noooooooooooooooooooooo! She can't kill off Ron! He is my favorite charecter... I won't read another page if he dies! I will be too busy righting angry letters to JK Rowling! Okay, so I probobly will finish the entire series even if he dies, but will be just to prove to myself that noone can be better than Ron was/is!
IT IS A DIFFERENT RON! READ THE WHOLE POST AND DON"T SAY YOU DID BECAUSE IF YOU DID YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT AND KNOWN THAT I THOUGHT HE PROBUBLY WOULD BE COLIN AND DENNIS CREEVE"S BROTHER! SHEESH! DON"T YOU READ??? Here is most of my original post with a few modifications.

My best friend said that Jk said there would be unsuspected deaths when she watched a documentary. Then she muttered Ron uder her breath. But she also said something about Ron helping Harry and them going off on a vacation after they get out of Hogwarts together so they meet a new kid named Ron somewhere down the line and he must try to save Harry or get in Voldemort's way. Maybe he is another Creeve.
Owner of the 3 unknown rings

I LIKE HIEI!! LOOK AT MY AVITAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Adrian Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote