Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-19-2003, 08:20 PM   #121
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

I would be happy to take over for sam's decendant, I don't think that anyone else is coming!

ic: 'Too bad good old Pip didn't have a diary.' Aragorn thought to himself. He didn't say much during this whole conversation. I*n fact he was rather confused. "Well, I suppose if we must go and find the lost realm of Mordor and throw three rings into the lost mountain, I should go along." He said, though it was apparent that no one was listening. Some one tapped him on the shoulder. "Oi!" He cried. "Oh, dear, terribly sorry." A female hobbit said. "Aragorn, what are you doing?" She asked, smiling at the rest of the group. "We are in the middle of a very important conversation." He said. "Oh, well let me introduce myself!" She said, "I am Rosie-Posie Gamgee!" She curtsied to the group. "Indeed," Said Aragorn.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 09:32 PM   #122
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

ooc: Enter Meriadoc Brandybuck the second (Can't think of a name right now...) He's basically a second Merry. To lazy to post another description. (At least I'm honest.....)

ic: "Well, Valin always supported me..." Kâri mumbled absentmindedly. Just then a rain-soaked hobbit entered the inn.

Merry stumbled into the inn, grateful that he had finally found one. He bought a pint from the barkeep, and looked for a place to sit. He noticed eight people speaking intently at one of the tables. Three of them were hobbits. He approached the group, "Hullo, name's Merry Brandybuck. Mind if I sit here?"

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 09:35 PM   #123
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

"Merry Brandybuck?" Aragorn exclaimed. "I think we are related!" He said, looking the hobbit over.

ooc: don't know what else to say.

Old 09-19-2003, 09:41 PM   #124
Gulio, Strength of Many

"Really!" Merry exlaimed, "I'm the great-great grandson of Meriadoc Brandybuck the First, are you related to him?"

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:43 PM   #125
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

My great-great-great granfather was Peregrin Took, all my grandfathers and my father always talked about a meriadoc branybuck and some great journey they went on!

we really do need to get rid of this 90 sec rule! but then could couldn't make anymore jokes about it!

Old 09-19-2003, 10:11 PM   #126
Gulio, Strength of Many

"Wow, that's great!" Merry hadn't even expected to see a hobbit, much less a relative.

Old 09-19-2003, 11:48 PM   #127
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

"This is quite interesting!" Said Rosie-Posie. "Not very many hobbits come in here save me, and Master Took here." said she. "It is a good fortune, at that, 'cause not too many of our folk are seen around here of late!" She said in almost a whisper. "I am pleased to met your aquantaince, Master Brandybuck!" Rosie-posie said with her clumsy curtsy.

Old 09-20-2003, 01:37 PM   #128
Gulio, Strength of Many

"The pleasure is mine, lady Gamgee," Merry replied with a bow.

Old 09-20-2003, 02:53 PM   #129
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

"Master brandybuck, i do believe that you might have something to do with this conversation, if you are indeed a descendant of Meriadoc." Said he. "Aragorn, I am afraid I have no idea of what you are talking about!" said Rosie-Posie. "It is a fretful business sitting and listening without the faintest idea of what you are listening to!" She said in a huff.

Old 09-20-2003, 02:56 PM   #130
Gulio, Strength of Many

"Um, what does this conversation have to do with Meriadoc?"

Old 09-20-2003, 03:14 PM   #131
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

"Well, these nice people here, are talking about some old group of people that had to destroy some old ring, in some mountain of fire, in a war long ago. and now they have to destroy these three rings in that mountain of fire, but they have no idea where it is." Aragorn attempted to explain. Rosie-Posie stared dumbly. "Indeed, and what does this have to do with you and Master Branybuck?" She asked. "Our ancestors were apart of that fellowship, Peregrin and Meriadoc." Replied aragorn

Old 09-20-2003, 03:17 PM   #132
Gulio, Strength of Many

"Ooooh," Merry siad, still quite a bit confused. "So these fine people I assume are the descendents of the rest of the fellowship?"

Old 09-20-2003, 03:38 PM   #133
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

"Yes. As I have said I am the daughter of Legolas Greenleaf. I might be able to persuade my father to give me his diary. Oh! I know. My father and Gimli were friends. AI could come as a messanger or something and get Gimi's diary!"

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 03:47 PM   #134
Aewionen
Elf Lord

"I am Estaramir, decendant of Faramir and Eowyn." Esta said with a curtsy.
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 04:22 PM   #135
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

"Oh, yes, pleased to make your aquaintance, Miss Estaramir!" Rosie-Posie replied. "i think I remember my father talking about something along those lines when i was a child." She said. "He read it out of an old book, all torn and everything. He said it belonged to my great-great-great-great grandfather, Samwise." She said. "but I doubt an old child's book would mean anything to you." said she. "Rosie! Why haven't you spoken of this before!" Aragorn exclaimed. "What? it was just an old story my gaffer read to me, what does it matter?" She retorted. "That old book may have been the diary of Samwise Gamgee himself!" Aragorn said, "Why do you have any interest in my great-graet-great-granfather?" Rosie-Posie asked. "You never told me your grandfather was samwise Gamgee! He was one of the nine companions!" Aragorn was getting agitated. "Oh, dear!" Rosie gasped. "What do you want me to do?" She asked, afraid of what the answer might be. "Nothing for the moment." Said Aragorn. "Just sit here and listen."
ooc: sry about the long post!

Old 09-20-2003, 06:54 PM   #136
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
heehee, lots of diarys! I know I don't keep one, but I guess the people in the Fellowship wanted to recore their adventures when they had time, and then make a fortune by publishing them.

Ic: Ganala sat unnoticed for a while, her hair hiding her face, thinking and watching how others acted.
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 08:53 PM   #137
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ic: I whinned at the new stranger telling her of my father. Everyone gave me a funny look that told me they did not know what I was saying. Oh well.

ooc: I can be an evil character if you'd like.

name: Demity
race: Eagle
appearance: brown feathures with a small crown of feathures on my head. Black eyes and sharp balck claws. Long wing span.
Bio: Pet of the evill Sauron. Demity ios a spy for Sauron and a very fluent orc speaker. Demity was born near Mt Doom and has never been seen by his spying victims.

ic: I flew across the land gazing aorund the empty dark lands searching for any clues for my master of odd behavier of the land dwellers. I spotted a small rabbit and dove down for the catch. My claws sank easily into the soft flesh and I begane to nibble at the warm blood.
I had not eaten for days and wanted to find some clues soon so I could go home. The ring had been taken up by another creature. This time the Nazguls were having a harder time finding it and I had to search for clues on it. I saw the light of the nearest village Bree. Bree, the place were the original journey begane. I glidded off towards the gates and passed over soaring above the silent streets.

The famous Bree bar was open and rowdy as usual. I perched myself onto the Prancing Pony sign and listened for any sign of suspecious speach.
I could make out a group of people discussing something about diaries and their parents.
Wait? Did they just say Merry? I strained my ears to catch another bit. I heard a great deal of chatter about the diaries and whom they belonged to and were they came from.
I decided to move for another person entered the room. I did not want to miss out on such important information. I perchaed ontop of the roof near the window and continued my spying.
Old 09-20-2003, 09:25 PM   #138
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

ooc: That's cool Sicirus

ic:

"My anscestor may have written a log as well, but I really wouldn't know where it could be found. I only just found out he was my anscestor. Oh yes, and I'm glad to meet both of you, Rosie and Merry" I piped in as well. "I'm Narewien, descendent of Boromir and waitress at this inn, so if you need a pint or something, just ask." A sudden movement outside caught my attention, and craning my neck to look out the window I saw the passing wing of a large bird as it glided out of the lamplight from inside the inn and back into the darkness.
"Hmm...you don't see many birds of prey around here anymore" I noted. "And that must have been an owl, or an eagle."

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 12:24 AM   #139
littleCat
Elven Warrior

"Boromir? I think I've heard of her....and by the way, you are not to get a pint for anyone for quite soem time, we need you to come with us to figure out what we need to do." Malta said.

"I'm not weird, I'm GIFTED!"

I'm really okay.......
littleCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 09:55 AM   #140
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

ooc: lol, you mean him ! (just had a creepy vision of boromir in a dress )

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote