Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 12:32 PM   #121
Nautipus
Kraken King

lol!

I feel sorry for you. Once I was with my dad in a parking lot at the hospital he works at, and I was holding and umbrella, and he was behind me holding his own. I wasnt paying attention and a stray blast of air sent mine sailing backwards into his face! He got wet, I got wetter, and guess who got the shaft. Yours truly.

Yeah there is a cryptozoology thread. It's also fun and friendly.

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons
Old 09-26-2007, 12:33 PM   #122
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

*uses blow dryer to dry Mari's attitude*

Does that help?

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
Old 09-26-2007, 05:15 PM   #123
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautipus
Wow. I have an online buddy!
I have a lot of those. Online buddies don't judge you my race, religion or looks. I could go on and on about that.

So you corrected the Smithsonian? Speaking of, the Smithsonian is gathering things for, of all things, a Wal-Mart exhibit!! Wal-Mart's history in a Museum!!! I mean Mr. Sam was a great guy, but his company has gone down the drain since he died.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 09-26-2007, 05:19 PM   #124
Nautipus
Kraken King

A Wal-Mart museum? That's a little out there....
Oh oh! Did you know that there is/was/had been a Wal-Mart in Texas that was geared towards rich people? Yeah!
It supposedly had sealed hardwood floors, the finest wines, Persian carpets, the works!

Now, if only I could get some of that at the poor folks' Wal-Mart...

"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

Old 09-26-2007, 07:25 PM   #125
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Erg... I'm so dead. Still two days to go to opening-day and man, is there a gargantuan load of work still to be done. Meh... On top of that stupid painter has to come back again. If he interrupts the stocking process at all, I swear I'll drown him in his paint.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:30 PM   #126
Nautipus
Kraken King

You sound a little overwhelmed,
*throws five magic beans*
Here! Maybe these will help.

Seriously, what's going on that's got you so dead? Sounds like some kind of art gallery dilema.

"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

Old 09-26-2007, 08:01 PM   #127
Acalewia

Nautipus, Try inhaling the paint.

When my store was being remodeled the idiots of painters had to goob on the junk thus making the whole store reek of Sherman-Williams.

BTW, there is a Wal-Mart museum in Bentonville, Arkansas, near where Mr. Sam lived and died. It's the idea of the Smithsonian having a Wal-Mart exhibit that I think is stupid. I mean I was under the impression that it was a natural History Museum

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:06 PM   #128
Nautipus
Kraken King

That whole Wal-Mart wxhibit is throwing for such a loop I feel like i did inhale some paint.

Believe me, I've had my share of paint fumes. I've had to paint my dad's barn, house, fence, basement, barn, fence again except every summer for six hours a day with a stupid three inch brush! He has a sixty acre farm and I had to paint all the fence by my self. both sides. plus the basement, which had NO ventilation, and the side of both his stinking barns, one of which he's gonna tear down anyway! I've smelled so much paint the inside of my nose oughta be green by now.

"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

Old 09-26-2007, 08:34 PM   #129
Acalewia

Aw, poor Natipus

Btw, I can complian about Wal-Mart.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:35 PM   #130
Nautipus
Kraken King

What happened that could tear you and Wal-mart apart?

"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

Old 09-26-2007, 08:56 PM   #131
Acalewia

I work there We haven't been torn apart I practally live there

Old 09-26-2007, 09:02 PM   #132
Nautipus
Kraken King

Ooooh. i worked at a Food City for a little while. If you spend more than two weeks at any grocery store you should have a right to be anti-social and not have anybody hastle you about it.

"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

Old 09-27-2007, 01:26 AM   #133
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I just returned from a 2 day sailing trip around Auckland harbour (we did it as a team building exercise). 12 of us were divided up between 2 boats, and I was the only female on mine. NOTE TO SELF: don't try to keep up with the navy boys when boozing. I woke up this morning with no pants on, puke all over my belly, and no memory of what happened at all from the time I helped make dinner, 'til I woke up without my pants on. Apparently I make a good chilli (nachos) when drunk but ****ed only knows what it tasted like cos I don't even remember eating dinner, let alone remember what exactly I put in the chilli.

Anyway, it turns out that I apparently, leaped over to the other boat, drunk their booze, smoked someones cigarettes (I don't even smoke!), went to the bog, and apparently passed out. Bill (navy dude) came barging in on me some time later in the loo (not realising I was in there), thought I was dead cos of the open-eyed glassy stare, and had to check my pulse to make sure I wasn't. Luckily, I was on the boat (cos of the mid-oceanic drunken leap remember) with the other 2 females, so Bill went to get them to help me put my pants back on and get 'decent'. Sometime between the time he was gone, and the time the 2 women came back, I had managed to puke all over the bathroom door, the wall, the ceiling, and the floor. As well as all over my jeans, tee, and undies. Yum. Anyways, they managed to get my scungy clothes off my near comatose body, and heaped me off to bed in my spare tee.

Cut to the next day: sans pants, no memories of the night before, and the disturbing notion that I was the (perceived) only female on my boat.

The lack of pants to wear meant that I had to spend all day in my pajama pant bottoms (pink pather no less), and when we arrived back at the navy base, I was getting all kinds of funny looks cos of them, and the barefooted-ness (I puked on my shoes as well). And then, to add to the indignity of it all, I had to walk home through the biggest city in new zealand in the pajamas.

Last edited by BeardofPants : 09-27-2007 at 01:30 AM.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:30 AM   #134
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardofPants
I just returned from a 2 day sailing trip around Auckland harbour (we did it as a team building exercise). 12 of us were divided up between 2 boats, and I was the only female on mine. NOTE TO SELF: don't try to keep up with the navy boys when boozing. I woke up this morning with no pants on, puke all over my belly, and no memory of what happened at all from the time I helped make dinner, 'til I woke up without my pants on. Apparently I make a good chilli (nachos) when drunk but ****ed only knows what it tasted like cos I don't even remember eating dinner, let alone remember what exactly I put in the chilli.

Anyway, it turns out that I apparently, leaped over to the other boat, drunk their booze, smoked someones cigarettes (I don't even smoke!), went to the bog, and apparently passed out. Bill (navy dude) came barging in on me some time later in the loo (not realising I was in there), thought I was dead cos of the open-eyed glassy stare, and had to check my pulse to make sure I wasn't. Luckily, I was on the boat (cos of the mid-oceanic drunken leap remember) with the other 2 females, so Bill went to get them to help me put my pants back on and get 'decent'. Sometime between the time he was gone, and the time the 2 women came back, I had managed to puke all over the bathroom door, the wall, the ceiling, and the floor. As well as all over my jeans, tee, and undies. Yum. Anyways, they managed to get my scungy clothes off my near comatose body, and heaped me off to bed in my spare tee.

Cut to the next day: sans pants, no memories of the night before, and the disturbing notion that I was the (perceived) only female on my boat.

The lack of pants to wear meant that I had to spend all day in my pajama pant bottoms (pink pather no less), and when we arrived back at the navy base, I was getting all kinds of funny looks cos of them, and the barefooted-ness (I puked on my shoes as well). And then, to add to the indignity of it all, I had to walk home through the biggest city in new zealand in the pajamas.
BoP, baby, that story is all kinds of awesome. Hell yeah! Takes me back to my seattle days...

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 09-27-2007, 04:22 AM   #135
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautipus
Seriously, what's going on that's got you so dead? Sounds like some kind of art gallery dilema.
We've been working for two months now on moving and renovating our shop. One of the construction firms we hired, managed to do something wrong every, single day. When they should have placed the wall-plates for three days, they didn't show up, with no excuse. So we had to reschedule the placement of the new tiled-floor, the paint-job, the ceiling and the furniture. Agreements weren't kept. We had to reschedule again. People showed up not knowing what to do and had to ask us. Why did we go over all the plans with their bosses so many times, if they can't even give the right instructions? They also finally took almost an entire week. More rescheduling.

The new shop-window were ordered a tad late, so they were only going to be placed when the other construction had finished and we were putting the merchandise in place. So we worked for weeks with wooden plates screwed to the entrance. (It's also autumn here, a rather chilly autumn.) Then suddenly they wouldn't be able to place that recycled shutters we had, so we're without a decent protection of the door at night. They could have said this earlier.

Then they complained the floor-workers couldn't tile the floor because it was tilted and a solution had to be sought. They said this two days after we realised they didn't like the floor. We were on a pretty tight schedule to finish and open this shop next saturday. Then when the floor was finally, finally laid, we discovered some idiot had moved the wiring to the electronic till to the wrong place (they had been rightly placed first!) which meant some tiles had to broken up again and the wiring replaced.

Meanwhile we, my dad and my family were readying the rest of the building: the kitchen, the cantine, the administration desk, the stock-rooms. We painted, we placed carpet, we build shelves from scratch, we placed and removed doors, placed ceilings, re-wired the electricity in the garages. On on top of that we had to keep an eye on those construction workers if they didn't come bothering us with questions, which normally we shouldn't have been doing at all, since we had hired someone to coordinate the construction.

We had to work in the dark for a week a half, because the electricity had to be heigthened, and the firm doing it hadn't thought of how the exisiting wiring and fuses of the first floor couldn't stand that heightened power and they didn't think it was their job to fix. It got sorted eventually , but all those lamps and using power from the floor below was a hassle.

This monday, the firm for placing of the new furniture was set to arrive, and then all construction had to be finished or they couldn't do their job. And guess what, on saturday the ceiling-tiles were half finished, and because of that, the people with the lamps couldn't continue either. The painter had left after only half finished the shop. (Nice guy, that painter, but a certified idiot, we had to stop him earlier from starting to paint the one set of doors he didn't have to paint.) So we had to spend our entire sunday finishing the last of the painting so the furniture could actually be placed. It's not that there wasn't enough time to fix these things. If they had put more than just two people on it, or even worked to six and not stop at 4 or 5 'o clock, we wouldn't have had all that delay.

Turned out, when the furniture was placed, that the wall-plates hadn't been fixed properly everwhere, and there were still holes visible. They had to be patched up. And the painter has to come again to paint over the patches. He'll be there when we're putting in the merchandise. Wet paint, a store full of stressed people and dozens of boxes of merchandise. Oh yeay.

The head-office (we're part of a chain) managed to screw up the one thing they had to do in this entire project, so we'll be without phone for three days when someone pays with a card in the shop as we only have one connection line. No, actually they managed to screw up twice as they unilaterally decided to change the order for the lighted bord with the name of the shop above the door to something much larger, and very incompatible with the facade.

I haven't have a sunday off since 10th of August and currently we're working over ten hours a day. We've got two days to fit all the merchandise into the shop and in the last one we actually needed three. Oh, and in the last three weeks someone probably stole our electronic spirit level. And we had to transport one of the wiring workers to the hospital because the poor guy drilled through his finger. Of course, this being the one guy that was actually doing his work spendidly.

And that's barely only half of what went wrong. That said, I think I prefer this misery over BoP's incident on the boat...

Last edited by Earniel : 09-27-2007 at 04:29 AM.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:53 AM   #136
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

BOP - the important thing was, you did it for the TEAM, right?

*wonders if it WAS a "team-building" experience*

Earniel - sounds like a typical construction project!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 09-27-2007, 09:32 AM   #137
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Bop, Navy base with no shopping? One buys new pants.

You should see my collection.

Earniel. Ugh.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 09-27-2007, 09:52 AM   #138
Nautipus
Kraken King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
We've been working for two months now on moving and renovating our shop. One of the construction firms we hired, managed to do something wrong every, single day. When they should have placed the wall-plates for three days, they didn't show up, with no excuse. So we had to reschedule the placement of the new tiled-floor, the paint-job, the ceiling and the furniture. Agreements weren't kept. We had to reschedule again. People showed up not knowing what to do and had to ask us. Why did we go over all the plans with their bosses so many times, if they can't even give the right instructions? They also finally took almost an entire week. More rescheduling.

The new shop-window were ordered a tad late, so they were only going to be placed when the other construction had finished and we were putting the merchandise in place. So we worked for weeks with wooden plates screwed to the entrance. (It's also autumn here, a rather chilly autumn.) Then suddenly they wouldn't be able to place that recycled shutters we had, so we're without a decent protection of the door at night. They could have said this earlier.

Then they complained the floor-workers couldn't tile the floor because it was tilted and a solution had to be sought. They said this two days after we realised they didn't like the floor. We were on a pretty tight schedule to finish and open this shop next saturday. Then when the floor was finally, finally laid, we discovered some idiot had moved the wiring to the electronic till to the wrong place (they had been rightly placed first!) which meant some tiles had to broken up again and the wiring replaced.

Meanwhile we, my dad and my family were readying the rest of the building: the kitchen, the cantine, the administration desk, the stock-rooms. We painted, we placed carpet, we build shelves from scratch, we placed and removed doors, placed ceilings, re-wired the electricity in the garages. On on top of that we had to keep an eye on those construction workers if they didn't come bothering us with questions, which normally we shouldn't have been doing at all, since we had hired someone to coordinate the construction.

We had to work in the dark for a week a half, because the electricity had to be heigthened, and the firm doing it hadn't thought of how the exisiting wiring and fuses of the first floor couldn't stand that heightened power and they didn't think it was their job to fix. It got sorted eventually , but all those lamps and using power from the floor below was a hassle.

This monday, the firm for placing of the new furniture was set to arrive, and then all construction had to be finished or they couldn't do their job. And guess what, on saturday the ceiling-tiles were half finished, and because of that, the people with the lamps couldn't continue either. The painter had left after only half finished the shop. (Nice guy, that painter, but a certified idiot, we had to stop him earlier from starting to paint the one set of doors he didn't have to paint.) So we had to spend our entire sunday finishing the last of the painting so the furniture could actually be placed. It's not that there wasn't enough time to fix these things. If they had put more than just two people on it, or even worked to six and not stop at 4 or 5 'o clock, we wouldn't have had all that delay.

Turned out, when the furniture was placed, that the wall-plates hadn't been fixed properly everwhere, and there were still holes visible. They had to be patched up. And the painter has to come again to paint over the patches. He'll be there when we're putting in the merchandise. Wet paint, a store full of stressed people and dozens of boxes of merchandise. Oh yeay.

The head-office (we're part of a chain) managed to screw up the one thing they had to do in this entire project, so we'll be without phone for three days when someone pays with a card in the shop as we only have one connection line. No, actually they managed to screw up twice as they unilaterally decided to change the order for the lighted bord with the name of the shop above the door to something much larger, and very incompatible with the facade.

I haven't have a sunday off since 10th of August and currently we're working over ten hours a day. We've got two days to fit all the merchandise into the shop and in the last one we actually needed three. Oh, and in the last three weeks someone probably stole our electronic spirit level. And we had to transport one of the wiring workers to the hospital because the poor guy drilled through his finger. Of course, this being the one guy that was actually doing his work spendidly.

And that's barely only half of what went wrong. That said, I think I prefer this misery over BoP's incident on the boat...

Good God!!
Oh, yeah! Sounds AWESOME!
What store chain are you a part of? Cuz dang...I hope all this frustration ends up being worth it.

"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

Old 09-27-2007, 12:14 PM   #139
Acalewia

Gheez, Earniel. Sounds like you guys hired the same people we did. You know like they say, if you want it done right, do it yourself

BOP, try not to outdrink sailors leaves you with a very big hangover

Old 09-27-2007, 03:39 PM   #140
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

*hands out aspirins to those who need it*

Sorry it's going so bad, Earniel Good luck for the rest of it!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Closed Thread