Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 08:23 PM   #121
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Location: Hiding under my bed reading LOTR at 1:43am, Middle earth (Seattle WA)
*grumbles* yeah... well... when I rule the world I'll fix it!

Ah the rule again!!! Oh the humanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vote Trolls' Bane/Elanor's Angel 2008!!!
Old 03-24-2006, 08:28 PM   #122
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanor's Angel
*grumbles* yeah... well... when I rule the world I'll fix it!

Ah the rule again!!! Oh the humanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
World domination, eh? I have some experience there. Perhaps you might need a campaign manager? I was and still am the best publicizer of the EDDIE Campagin, which you missed out on but is still very much in progress elsewhere. It got me banned from several message boards...Just kidding!
Old 03-24-2006, 08:30 PM   #123
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Sounds interesting... I actually have about 12 close friends who want to help.... so far we are getting the squirrels, penguins, and garden gnomes ready....... and a camera.....

Old 03-24-2006, 08:32 PM   #124
trolls' bane

Quote:
Sounds interesting... I actually have about 12 close friends who want to help.... so far we are getting the squirrels, penguins, and garden gnomes ready....... and a camera.....
You're all pitching in to buy a good camera?
Old 03-24-2006, 08:35 PM   #125
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

No, I'm asking my parents for one for my birthday.... I'll want to document our world domination! Yes my precious!!! *evil laugh*

Old 03-24-2006, 08:39 PM   #126
trolls' bane

Quote:
No, I'm asking my parents for one for my birthday.... I'll want to document our world domination! Yes my precious!!! *evil laugh*
Oh, I see. That makes sense.
Need a campaign manager? All I ask for in return is a seat among the "inner party." The foreign affairs seat.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:54 PM   #127
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Well.... allright. We have decided we shall gesignate an entire country (probably one in africa or maybe up north) to makeing Icecream and chocolate! Maybe we should have a camera-ville!

Old 03-24-2006, 09:15 PM   #128
trolls' bane

Quote:
Well.... allright. We have decided we shall gesignate an entire country (probably one in africa or maybe up north) to makeing Icecream and chocolate! Maybe we should have a camera-ville!
Okay. Let's see, I need to know what I'm getting into. This is a totalitarianism right?
Oh! One day I ought to post the project where it had a bunch of me in front of a big eye and a sign that says Big Brendan is Watching You!
Old 03-24-2006, 09:22 PM   #129
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
World domination, eh? I have some experience there. Perhaps you might need a campaign manager? I was and still am the best publicizer of the EDDIE Campagin, which you missed out on but is still very much in progress elsewhere. It got me banned from several message boards...Just kidding!
Hi *puts hand up* Excuse me, you guys, don't mean to be a killjoy or anything, but listen, there is the Teacup Cafe for doing lots and lots of chat-type posts, can we please keep it to Photography in here, and not have it be so chatty? I don't feel like scrolling through two pages of chattychat just to get to a post about photography and/or a photo submission. Thanks for understanding. Like I said, the Teacup's the place for all the playful talk, yes? I mean, I am no mod, so I guess do what ever you feel like until a real mod says something, but alls I'm sayin' is that it gets really tedious having to read each and every chat post just to get to a real post about actual photography.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 03-24-2006, 09:24 PM   #130
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Hi *puts hand up* Excuse me, you guys, don't mean to be a killjoy or anything, but listen, there is the Teacup Cafe for doing lots and lots of chat-type posts, can we please keep it to Photography in here, and not have it be so chatty? I don't feel like scrolling through two pages of chattychat just to get to a post about photography and/or a photo submission. Thanks for understanding. Like I said, the Teacup's the place for all the playful talk, yes? I mean, I am no mod, so I guess do what ever you feel like until a real mod says something, but alls I'm sayin' is that it gets really tedious having to read each and every chat post just to get to a real post about actual photography.
Okay!
*thinks of ways to incorporate photography into world domination*

Oh, by the way, I DON'T have any money at home to put the pics on disc. I might, however, be able to visit the bank to get money.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:41 PM   #131
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

I'm sorry! I get chatty a lot..... Do you think I should take photography in High school? Because I wass told it will ruin it for me... I was told to wait until college...... (I took a class on it this summer and loved it, I'm just not shure if I should do it this year...)

Old 03-24-2006, 11:49 PM   #132
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Bullcrap, it'll ruin it for you; are you KIDDING?!? Who told you that? Well nev er mind them, that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in ages. High school is the perfect time and environment to first take & learn about photography. In Yearbook, in Journalism, if you get into the school newspaper, plus I am sure you've got actual photography class with darkroom lab time attached. DO IT!!!! Oh, man, I am serious, get into the photography now, don't waste time or wait, When college comes, other things will clutter up your time and sap your energy and try to take priority, and before you know it the luxury of learning the fine points of photography and developing will become just that, a luxury and not readily available to you like now.

High school is the place to take advantage of learning as much as you can about as great a variety of things as you can, before college. Start now!! I would if I were you, in fact I did. I was in Yearbook; i wrote for the newspaper and I took the best photographs of sports functions like basketball games and baseball, and of course football, for my high school. Things happened, and I couldn't finish my developing class, and never got to finish learning about things like proper aperture, and f-stops, and how to develop photos in a darkroom. But you can get all this education now; why wait? Why put it off; the opportunity might not always be so easy and available to you. Trust me on this one. For real.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 03-24-2006, 11:52 PM   #133
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Wow.... good point. I allready have learned about all of the basics, and how to develope film..... but that was only black and white..... Maybe I will... thank you.

Old 03-24-2006, 11:55 PM   #134
trolls' bane

Quote:
I'm sorry! I get chatty a lot..... Do you think I should take photography in High school? Because I wass told it will ruin it for me... I was told to wait until college...... (I took a class on it this summer and loved it, I'm just not shure if I should do it this year...)
Dunno. Never taken a photo class. And I can't now. Not that I'll need one...
Old 03-24-2006, 11:58 PM   #135
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Why can't you?

Old 03-25-2006, 12:04 AM   #136
trolls' bane

Quote:
Why can't you?
Because I just can't. Have to take three language classes, a physics class, and a chemistry class.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:10 AM   #137
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Three languages!!! I'm in full IB and i only take French! (year two, but still...)
We still gen an elective after language!

Old 03-25-2006, 12:25 AM   #138
-elfearz-
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Bullcrap, it'll ruin it for you; are you KIDDING?!? Who told you that? Well nev er mind them, that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in ages. High school is the perfect time and environment to first take & learn about photography. In Yearbook, in Journalism, if you get into the school newspaper, plus I am sure you've got actual photography class with darkroom lab time attached. DO IT!!!! Oh, man, I am serious, get into the photography now, don't waste time or wait, When college comes, other things will clutter up your time and sap your energy and try to take priority, and before you know it the luxury of learning the fine points of photography and developing will become just that, a luxury and not readily available to you like now.

High school is the place to take advantage of learning as much as you can about as great a variety of things as you can, before college. Start now!! I would if I were you, in fact I did. I was in Yearbook; i wrote for the newspaper and I took the best photographs of sports functions like basketball games and baseball, and of course football, for my high school. Things happened, and I couldn't finish my developing class, and never got to finish learning about things like proper aperture, and f-stops, and how to develop photos in a darkroom. But you can get all this education now; why wait? Why put it off; the opportunity might not always be so easy and available to you. Trust me on this one. For real.
Yes, trust her on this one. As a uni student with very little time for photography & other hobbies, I agree completely
Old 03-25-2006, 12:27 AM   #139
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

ok.. thank you all.... I see the point. *waits for pic of soard to come up...*

Old 03-25-2006, 12:34 AM   #140
trolls' bane

Quote:
Three languages!!! I'm in full IB and i only take French! (year two, but still...)
We still gen an elective after language!
Three YEARS of ONE language, I mean.
Closed Thread