Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2002, 02:58 AM   #121
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Wise words at last, Anduril. And I would be the fool not to take them. You were a worthy and strong opponent and I had lots of fun. We shall have peace.

Eärniel leaves the waters to rule themselves for now and returns to the entmoot.

Well Elf Girl, what can I say? I'm insane. I like it. I'll do it again some time. Oh wait, haven't stopped being insane yet. *insane laugher* Bwahahahahahah
Old 04-06-2002, 08:46 AM   #122
Elf Girl
Lurker

I think posting on Entmoot is the definition of being insane.
Old 04-06-2002, 12:31 PM   #123
Earniel

Somehow that's sums it up nicely.
Old 04-06-2002, 01:48 PM   #124
ladyisme
Enting

Treebeard

I'll agree with that!

Quote:
"The road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began."
Old 04-06-2002, 02:43 PM   #125
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Anduril smiles, elated. He approaches BeardofPants and they clasp hands. It is now as if they are as one mind.

Anduril looks over at Earniel. "Join us?"
Old 04-07-2002, 12:34 AM   #126
Samwise_Gamgee
Hobbit

I got Sam...Is my life ironic or what???
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way,
Where many paths and errands meet
And whither then? I cannot say.

:~:~:~:~:~:FRODO LIVES:~:~:~:~:~:
Old 04-07-2002, 12:39 AM   #127
rohirrim19
Sapling

I'm an Eowyn... cool!
Old 04-07-2002, 09:12 AM   #128
Elf Girl
Lurker

Samwise_Gamgee is Sam and rohirrim19 is Eowyn. Odd.
Old 04-08-2002, 01:47 PM   #129
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

At last peace has arrived after many, many years and also days of tumultuous war (and battle). This peace is welcomed by all with open hearts and minds, hence all motivations, intentions and urges are of the omnibenevolent nature.

But after a time Anduril realized that it was not just peace and civil-un-unrest that his heart desired. The thoughts behind the plans behind the actions he would perform in the many days ahead, that would finally achieve his goal, he began.

But ever his thoughts were turned, quite often, as well as probably all the time if not most of the time, to the object of his desire...
Old 04-08-2002, 05:47 PM   #130
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Anduril
But ever his thoughts were turned, quite often, as well as probably all the time if not most of the time, to the object of his desire...
Uh oh!

*BoP yanks her hand free, and runs for the hills*

Somebody hide the ring!!
Old 04-08-2002, 05:55 PM   #131
Earniel

Now, now Anduril, what are you up to now? Is this hard-earned peace becoming too much? *thinks* You're not getting my icecream! Desire something else! I rather eat it than hand it over!
Old 04-09-2002, 03:10 AM   #132
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

BeardofPants, in a sudden fit of rage and strangeness, yanked her hand free from Anduril's. Anduril let BeardofPants go freely, as it seemed to various onlookers, but deep in his heart, a fire was kindled. His heart now was filled with pain (fires are hot most of the time...), for the longing for this maiden was grown too great for mortal thoughts, words and wounds.

Anduril, alone, looked at his hand. He examined it. "Is this the last time that I shall ever caress thine flesh, O BeardofPants? If so, I must treasure mine hand for days, months, and also decades, so that I may not forget, lest the memory of bliss and happiness disappear from me completely."

Anduril takes out a plastic packet from his pocket, and covers the now sacred, blessed, and hallowed hand.

Earniel, in the background, yanks her ice-cream from Anduril's outstretched grasp. The ice-cream falls out of the cone, and onto the floor, which at the time was covered in diamonds, pearls, and also ant-hills. Earniel, in a sudden fit of rage and strangeness, pounces on the ground, and proceeds to lick the remnants of her ice-cream off the slope of a random ant-hill.

"What doest thou?" Anduril cried, confused by this gesture of incredible amazement.

"You're not getting my icecream! Desire something else! I rather eat it than hand it over!"

"Please please!! Dirty not thou precious tongue, O Earniel. Here, leteth me gets thou another ice-cream, free of charge. Did thou still thinketh we were in the midst of bloody battle (and war)?" Anduril hands Earniel an ice-cream, one more magnificent looking and tremendous tasting than Earniel had ever seen, tasted, or conceived in her thought, ever before (and beyond).

Earniel looks strangely at Anduril. She then looks strangely at the ice-cream. She is apprehensive.

Anduril senses the inherent apprehension. "Will thou lendeth me thine hand in help to achieve mine goals, O Earniel?"
Old 04-09-2002, 03:19 AM   #133
BeardofPants
the Shrike

"What is this new strangeness, Anduril? Where art thou panoply of war-making? Where art thou vain, and war-mongering ways? And why hast thou bound thy hand in thou makings of artifice? And where did'st thee find such ice cream of divine creation?"

BoP wonders (both at the transition from first person perspective to third person, and) at Anduril's strange delirium, why has he succumbed to her pheromonal aroma of stinky feet? Why is he staring at his hand, llike he has lost his favourite cat?

Gingerly, BoP wanders out from behind the cliff that she was hiding behind, and shamefacedly extends her hand to Anduril in peace. Could it be, that BoP misread Andurils intentions for somthing that wasn't there? She gazes at him hopefully, and says,

"Will'st thou forgiveth me of thy sins?"

Last edited by BeardofPants : 04-09-2002 at 03:33 AM.
Old 04-09-2002, 03:47 AM   #134
Earniel

Quote:
Originally posted by Anduril
Earniel, in a sudden fit of rage and strangeness, pounces on the ground, and proceeds to lick the remnants of her ice-cream off the slope of a random ant-hill.
IEUWWWW! What dost thou take me for? A human anteater? For I like icecream but know when to give it a rest. Yet I will accept the magnificent looking icecream thou graciously offerst me if no strings are attached.

I cannot lend thee mine hand to achieve thine goals until thou tell me what it is thou wishes to achieve.
Old 04-09-2002, 03:50 AM   #135
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Anduril smiles - he is thus elated. He meets up with BeardofPants (so that BeardofPants did not partake in all the necessary walking - only half, because in any successful relationship, the participants should meet half-way...). He looks at the hand of BeardofPants, it glistening in the radiant light, beautiful and tender and incredibly nice, and he takes it.

As the hands of two of the three mightiest beings in all of Entmoot join, the clouds depart, the sun shines through, and a wonderful and joyous light is transmitted around everyone. The hearts of all are uplifted, and smiles abound.

"O BeardofPants! How long I have waited for this day! Forgive thou thine sins? What sins hast thou committed, that thou beggest forgiveness in such a manner? The only sins that I knoweth that thine hath commited, is saying thy, instead of mine, henceforth implying that I forgive thou of mine own sins - that is ludicrous, but I shall not, nor do I intend, to pursue semanticle issues."

Earniel smiles, and in turn grips the hand of Anduril with a newfound magnitism.

"Let us forever in the days and minutes ahead," Anduril continued, "in partnership think as one, act to the benefit of the other, and ensure peace and happiness and civil-un-unrest occurs in this place that is Entmoot. Dost thou agree to this pledge?"

Anduril awaits the answer.
Old 04-09-2002, 03:58 AM   #136
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Oh dear, I did'st know that something was wrong with that sentence, but alas! in this realm, ye olde englishe is not yet my native tongue.

O Anduril, could it be, that thee giveth thy word for peace forevermore in this realm of ours? My heart will be forever gladdened by thy kind words. Let us join hands, and show our mercy to the rest of this beloved realm, Anduril, and let our minds be as one! I accept your pledge, my Lord, now let us make merriment!

Last edited by BeardofPants : 04-09-2002 at 04:00 AM.
Old 04-09-2002, 04:07 AM   #137
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Anduril hears Earniel. "There art no strings attached to this here ice-cream, lest it be an edible puppet."

Earniel therefore, henceforth, and thus, takes eagerly the ice-cream, in all its magnificence, and also glory.

Anduril continues: "The goal of mine desire, is thus: I will that the three mightiest beings that have ever inhabited Entmoot, that is, Anduril, BeardofPants, and thou, Earniel, become as allies, become as one purpose, and become as friends forever. Then, if fate or destiny has it conceived, any particular friendship may after a time become as relationship, morphed. But time is the factor."
Old 04-09-2002, 04:17 AM   #138
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Anduril says, "Thus shall it be. However, the commitment of our colleague, Earniel is also trully desired. For if there be at least one being of majestic power that is unconstrained and seeks her own purpose, that being, in time, could henceforth become as dark lord."

Anduril looks over at Earniel, with pleading eyes. "Dost thou agree with mine goal, purpose and also intentions? Dost thou?"

While waiting for the answer from Earniel, Anduril again looks over at BeardofPants. "Thine feet ist not stinky, nor does any stinky aroma thereforth arise. Thine feet are as spring flowers in summer. Thine feet are as aroma of the most pleasant aroma to have ever inhabited Ea. Also, thine toenails are beautifully and exquisitively detailed and shaped. Thine heels are void of dry skin."
Old 04-09-2002, 04:29 AM   #139
BeardofPants
the Shrike

BeardofPants looks quizically at her heels.

"Yea, there is dry flakiness that hast beholden mine feet. And, yea, mine feet emit a stinky odour, not akin to the smell of spring flowers."

BeardofPants wonders at Anduril's hidden motives. For instance. she wonders whether he is trying to ensnare both herself and Earniel in some darksome pact of evil?

"My Lord, Anduril, doest thou have proof that thee is not going to short change these fair maidens, and flee in the the sunset? Will'st thou giveth a token to me, to prove your honour?"
Old 04-09-2002, 04:43 AM   #140
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

"I shall grant thy wish - a token shall I give to you and, as well, to Earniel."

Anduril lets go of BoP's hand, and suddenly the hand of Anduril burns with immense pain (for the touch of BoP's hand is like water on fire, and also like water on peroxide after 45 minutes).

In this moment of immense pain, Anduril cringes, and steps back. He assumes a slightly aggresive stance, with feet two feet apart, and arms slightly bent at elbows. He shuts his eyes, and looks down.

Suddenly, as if some power of divine nature has come upon Anduril, he begins thus to glow. The light that is emitted from the being of Anduril is immense, and it grows even more immense by the second. Then, after 7 seconds, Anduril is now as light, an unhindered reflection of his true nature. All are amazed at the sight.

Then, as if this glorious sight were destined by fate and destiny to be of finite duration, Anduril's image returns from the light. The light then diminishes, until it is completely diminished. Then, in the last example of Anduril's majestic, powerful, and also infinte power, all time and space is slightly bent around him. This lasts for 2 seconds.

Anduril looks up, and opens his eyes. "Recieve now, mine friends, my immortality. From this point on, I choose the fate of mortal men, I surrender mine everlasting life."
Closed Thread