Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-02-2004, 05:41 PM   #121
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Oh yeah, that's a better translation of Twista-ese. I'll edit that when I get home, and I'll also post a recap for you Val, and a list of characters.
We had said that we were going to set this six months after the War of the Ring. I realize this poses a problem for PippinTook's character Pansy, who is Peregrin Took's neice. This wouldn't work out in such a short timeline. However, my own characters have said things like "the battle at the Black Gate was still fresh in our minds", so one of us is going to have to edit.
We should have decided the time and setting at the beginning, but better late than never. We can all edit, so clean slate. (Except, if it's not near the War of the Ring, I'm going to have a lot of editing.)
When should the story be set?
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 05:45 PM   #122
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

ooc: Maybe my character is a little Senile. Ever think of that lol?? Maybe thats why he speaks like a fool

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Twista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 05:56 PM   #123
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Theoden

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
OOC: Oh yeah, that's a better translation of Twista-ese. I'll edit that when I get home, and I'll also post a recap for you Val, and a list of characters.
We had said that we were going to set this six months after the War of the Ring. I realize this poses a problem for PippinTook's character Pansy, who is Peregrin Took's neice. This wouldn't work out in such a short timeline. However, my own characters have said things like "the battle at the Black Gate was still fresh in our minds", so one of us is going to have to edit.
We should have decided the time and setting at the beginning, but better late than never. We can all edit, so clean slate. (Except, if it's not near the War of the Ring, I'm going to have a lot of editing.)
When should the story be set?
OOC Post:

Well, we could certainly change to soon after the War, but 6 months is AWFUL soon... I suggest 5, 8, 10 years maybe. Then we could all be 'veterans' of the War (and events of War have a way of 'staying fresh' in the minds of those in them - even years later, from what I understand), Elessar has settled into his role as king, he and Arwen have started to have children, and everything began to shift into a sense of 'normalcy' when... 'Uh-oh, what's going on NOW?' happens.

In that case I'll be one of Halbarad's Grey Company... and a relation of his to boot!

Pansy... well, we could check the geneaology charts... or just figure she's a neice from an older sibling - so that she' maybe just a bit younger than Pip?

Since you keep real good tabs on the game, how about if you start a 'Discussion Thread' - your first post to lay out the initial situation, mark two posts to reserve for character summaries and character updates, then reserve 2-3 posts for eventual updates to the 'action' of the story... sound good? Does it at least sound *bossy?*

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 06:00 PM   #124
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

Quote:
Originally posted by Valandil

Since you keep real good tabs on the game, how about if you start a 'Discussion Thread' - your first post to lay out the initial situation, mark two posts to reserve for character summaries and character updates, then reserve 2-3 posts for eventual updates to the 'action' of the story... sound good? Does it at least sound *bossy?*
Nurv? You want the honours? Only seems fair since your basically running it for me?

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Twista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 07:52 PM   #125
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

after draining his flagon of mead, faligorn took a blanket from his pack, laid it on the ground and lay upon it.
As he did, he noticed everyone looking at him in a strange manner;
"It is the custom," he said, "for the members of our house, when travelling abroard, to sleep under the stars, with no blanket a-top. This is so we may enjoy the light of Elbereth and Ithil, while they pass through the night sky!"

ooc: if we're about 10 yrs after war, makes sense for my charcter, being son of man who fought as soldier of gondor...

Last edited by Last Child of Ungoliant : 03-02-2004 at 08:14 PM.
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:03 PM   #126
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Twista
Nurv? You want the honours? Only seems fair since your basically running it for me?
No problem! Can I be your GM?

Recap for Valandil, and everyone because it's useful:

Players and Characters

PippinTook:

I shall be Pansy! Along with the infamous Cory! ahaha! hope you don't mind. I am quite obsessed.
-pip

Character: Pansy Hogswallop
Race: Hobbit
She's from Frogmorton, is Peregrin Took's neice, and rides a black and white attack llama named Cory.

Legoles:

Name: Jan

Race: Muryan

Hair: Midnight blue w/ streaks of red-gold, brushes his ankles if not held in place at nape of neck with a silver tube, it is also straight

Eyes: Deep, firey gold, fringed by long lashes, arched midnight blue eyebrows

Sex: M [though sometimes mistaken for F]

Height: 6'11"

Apperance: Tall and thin and lightly muscled, very smart and well adapted to the heat of desert and the cold of icey plains, his medium toned skin is lightly tinged with a golden sheen, he has two small horns that protrude from his brow, and long, pointed ears, and his voice is like faded harp music

Weapons: Very adept with a bow and sword, but is also able to conjure either pitch blackness or fires

Personality: Mysterious, blunt, charismatic, and cold, he likes to keep to himself. If forced upon others company, he will bear it. But if the person is too hyper, bouncy or preppy, he will take off as soon as he can[Unless bound by a spell.] He occasionly will smile at someone, if the do something correctly.

Aewionen:

Name: Boin
Race: Easterling
Hair: black, shoulder length
Eyes: Emerald
Other: Wears a black tunic and cape. The hood on his cape hides most of his face. He is secretive and mysterious. He holds a grudge against all Gondorians but has never told anyone why. He is normally out in the forests hunting or riding his horse, Blackheart.
Family: He has a twin sister, Aleah, but has not seen her for many years. Also, he is ten months married to Ka'ana and has a little boy, Tyren.

Nurvingiel:

Name: Akkar Anagrim

Height: 6'0"

Race: Haradrim

Appearance: Thick, shoulder-length black hair, which he always wears tied back. Chocolate brown skin, smooth except for the occasional thin scar. Brown eyes. Plain face. Muscular and lean.

Family: He has a wife and three young children. He had misgivings about fighting for this unknown Sauron, but had no real choice in the matter (like most Haradrim). His brother was also in the army, but was killed, leaving his wife and teenaged daughter.

Skills: Fighting with sword, dagger and bow. He can control a (non-enraged) Oliphaunt. He also can cook over a camfire, and make arrows. He is also a good herdsman, though out of practice.

Short Bio: Before he joined the army when he was 18, he was a goat herder. He is quiet, and his men trust him and his long experience in the army. He acheived the rank of Captain after 6 years in the army, but lacked the ambition to rise higher.

Also playing 5 mercenaries, captained by Akkar: Farkad, Aranek, Greyson, and the brothers Hamish and Hamid. The brothers are friends with the shape shifter Callinya, and only Hamish is allowed to call her Cal.

Amea:

Devak: Hi peoples *waves*
Short bio: Taught by sauron... Don't ask or ask me latter... Changed sides after the fall of sauron in the first war, But when the ring was found sauron forced her to side with him agian, so let's say she's very bitter heh heh heh very very bitter... she has decided to use the powers that sauron had given her for good or at least what she thinks is good...and what she thinks is right is not always right. Sauron had given her the sister ring to the one ring. She tries to refrain from using her powers lest it bring the nine back (or so she thinks...) She seems to have an affinity for language so she only has to hear a new language once and she is able to speak it forever. *deep breath* She has one weapon Anasta, Given to her by sauron when she was young. Also she has no idea what she is, (she has no clue who her mother or father was)
*pats anasta and is thinking about the old days* *sigh* Things where so easy then, you did what you were told and you lived another day *sigh* Ha, I don't miss it at all...
*an orc appears*
Orc: my lady? we have been looking for you... *sees other people* My lady? Who are these people?
Devak: Friends Tiji, Their friends...
Tiji: *nods uncirtenly*
Devak: It's alright my friend *pats Tiji* They won't hurt you...

Fimbrethil:

Name: Callinya
Race: Hadrim shape shifter (come on you know you konw love it)
Bio: Not much to tell. She's not very talkitive and she's mystrious. Carries a dagger in her boot but for fighting she mostly relies on shape shifting.

Twista:

Name: Celian Malede

Height: 5'11"

Race: Elves - Male ( Of which kind, not known )

Appearance: Not the most tidy elves, as he often lives rough, and does not have the luxeries of an every day elve. Wears coats and cloths of a Brown and Gold Nature, bearing unque markings, of which resemble Elvish. Dark long hair, with a single lock in the rear center, bound with black ribbon.

Family: Little is known of his family, as is known, he is a explorer, and it is thought he has no things 'tieing him down' at home, wherever home might be.

Skills: Obviously great skill with the bow, saying that, his Bow is said to be crafted for him only, by a highly renound blacksmith in the depths of Mirkwood.

Gulio:

Name: Rorin
Race: Dwarf
Appearance: Rather Dwarf-ish..... (trying to keep this short)
Personality: Taciturn, yet slightly grumpy.

Last Child of Ungoliant:

My name is Faligorn
I hail from Lebennin, but now live in the rebuilt osgiliath
my father, Feregon, fought as a soldier of Gondor in the war of the ring
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 03-02-2004, 08:26 PM   #127
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Recap:

(1000 apologies if I leave anyone out or forget something important.)

Our tale takes place six months after the War of the Ring, and we begin at an inn just south of Ithilien. (I decided there would be too much editing on my part if we changed that. Aaaand Bossy Pants. Sorry Pip, maybe you could say Pansy is Pippin's cousin instead?)

The Haradrim (Akkar, Farkad, Hamish, Aranek, Greyson, and Hamid), Callinya, Pansy, Devak, and Jan casually formed a group at the Sandy Forest Inn, and began a jouney to Harad.
Callinya and Devak had news of trouble in the capital city of Harad. Callinya, being a shape shifter, gathered accurate and detailed intelligence on the enemy.
We received a message from an Elf, Celian, who seemed to have some mysterious and important information. Farkad left the party to meet him at Dunharrow.
Meanwhile, we met up with Faligorn, a man from Lebennin, on the road. He joined our party because he's looking for his brother who is in Harad - we have a common goal.
Callinya returned and reported that over 900 000 enemies of unknown origin are beseiging the seaside capital. They are content and well provisioned.
Faligorn added that he met Dwarves, who lived near Rhun, who had trouble with an enemy from the East. We suspect this is our enemy.
Boin and Rorin both plan to meet us on the road, but are not together.
Quote:
Old 03-02-2004, 08:29 PM   #128
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

ooc: well done nurv
a precise summary of where we are so far
Old 03-02-2004, 10:10 PM   #129
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Thanks Chrys! I feel that I made a mistake on Rorin and Boin, but we'll see what they say.
Quote:
Old 03-02-2004, 10:15 PM   #130
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC: I must agree! Very nice! Now then..Perhaps I should tell a little about my charater that I left out of the summary, yes? She lost her family in the enemies first attack. After that she fled and and in about two months she met up with some old war buddies and that's how she joined this rag tag group (couldn't resist). Now on with the posting!

IC:
Callinya went walking in the forest gathering fire wood while most slept or tried to. After seeing what had happened to her home she wondered what would have happened had she rushed off to tell someone. Or at the very least stayed to fight. But she knew the latter was only pride talking one person would not have helped...unless...that was it! Rushing back to camp she yelled for Akkar, "WHat is it Callinya?" he asked being jerked out of his sleep. By now everyone was up but she didn't mind..onl more to admire her brillance. "I have an idea. We need more shapshifters to make it work...one would not do much. But the shape shifters sneek in...untie horses and ruin food and chew through bow stirngs and tongs holding armor together. Even cause enough racket to keep them and shotting at ghosts. All the while they are distracted from your army and the allies that we get you sneak in and surround in them in the night. When day breaks..." Callinya said most of it in one breath and gasped at the end. Hamish siad "Nice of yo uto leave us hanging at the end. Very dramitic." Callinya smilied and siad "Really? I try sooo hard."

OOC:The prob is where do we find more shape shifters?
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 10:23 PM   #131
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

at this, faligorn sat bolt upright on his blanket "the trouble is, where do we get more shape-shifters, if there so good at changing shape, how do we know who the shape-shifters are?"
he looked round the group, to see if any one could answer him,
till at last, his eyes rested on callinya
Old 03-02-2004, 10:25 PM   #132
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

Hey! Don't forget me, the "stab happy elf," and "murderous shape-shifter"

"I have a suggestion." I said interupting the drama."We should travel to my lands. There are many marra-han."
"Marra-wha?"
"Marra-Han is a shapeshifter in my language. We're quite good at it actually. Mostly my kind only shift into two or three things. They can't shift into what they can't see."

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 10:28 PM   #133
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

"yes, " replied faligorn, "but would they join with us?"
"there are some people, in all races, that are not too pleased at being called upon to 'change the course of time' "
he continued, somewhat prophetically
Old 03-02-2004, 10:34 PM   #134
Fimbrethil

OOC: YAY! I can be silly! The stab happy elf has returned! YAY!

IC:
"Don't be such a worry wart. Since when are you a shape shifter? You never mentioned any of this. But I suppose I wouldn't have either if I were in your position. We can go at once if you like. I;m sure if another shape shifter, espeically one who is familer with one of there's, approached them they would be happy to help." Callinya said almost reverting back to her old happy perky normal self..almost.

OOC:WHAT FUN!

Old 03-02-2004, 10:39 PM   #135
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

"and what 2 or 3 things can you shift into?" asked faligorn of Jan, somewhat dubiously
"We have yet to see your amazing shapeshifting..."
Old 03-02-2004, 10:49 PM   #136
Fimbrethil

OOC:MORE FUN!

IC:
"Well I don't know about but I shift into lots of things...I shifted into an Olophaunt one time...you know they live around here...or used to anyway." Fery said trying to impress someone.

Old 03-02-2004, 10:52 PM   #137
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

"My shifting is not something that I usually display... but if you wish." I said, then closed my eyes. 'Hmm, which one? So many choices.> I thought sarcasticly. Suddenly my form changed into that of a gold- haired elven maiden. I opened my eyes again. "One." Then closed them. Then my form changed into that of a raven, a rat, and then, finally, a tall, thin, black-haired man, with a mask over his mouth and nose. "Four" I said, then shifted back into Jan.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 10:53 PM   #138
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

"i was not addressing myself to your good self, madam callinya, morover, i was speaking of out illustrious muryan here, Jan, isn't it..." replied faligorn, attempting to clarify his position

"Well," siad faligorn "I'm quite astounded such variety, unfortunately, us men of lebennin are only blessed with th one body that The Lord Eru gave unto us"

he sat down, feeling quite ashamed of his earlier mistrust, with his cheeks steadily growing redder and redder!

Last edited by Last Child of Ungoliant : 03-02-2004 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:58 PM   #139
Fimbrethil

"I knew you weren't speaking to me. I was speaking ot everyone in general. Interesting shifting. I didn't know you could turn into humans too. I can turn into animals." Callinya said looking interested.

Old 03-02-2004, 11:00 PM   #140
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: At least one of the Haradrim will always be on guard, switching with each other regularly.

At Callinya's shout, Akkar sat bolt upright drawing his dagger from its hiding place under his pillow. He could see the whole camp was awake. Aranek and Greyson had been sitting motionlessly on guard, and were now standing with swords drawn. The Haradrim realized Callinya wasn't warning of an emergency around the same time, and sheathed their weapons.
"More shape shifters, yes, that's a great idea Callinya," said Akkar somewhat groggily, as he listened to the discussion around him. He considered Jan's information.
"Don't be hasty to criticize him," Akkar said to the group. "Are you saying that all your people are Murra-Han, or that those of you who are Murra-Han can only shift into two or three forms?" he asked Jan. "Further, I think it could certainly work travelling to your land, but we cannot leave without Farkad, and possibly Celian, the elf who sent us a message."

OOC: I think this is a great idea, but we shouldn't rely on this one aspect too much. IOW, we win solely because we have an army of shape shifters. It's my opinion that it would be more fun with other aspects involved, in addition to this.
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 03-02-2004 at 11:07 PM.