Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-25-2007, 02:27 PM   #121
The Sasquatch of Fangorn
The Co-president of Entmoot - The Half-Dwarven Guardian of the Ancient Forest

Gifts for all in the teacup cafe

"she turned me into a newt!!........but I got better."-Monty Python and the holy grail.

Thanks for breaking up the group Yoko!"- The reduced Shakespeare company.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory.
Fight Eagles fight, score a touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,
And we'll watch our Eagles fly.

Fly Eagles fly on the road to victory.
The Sasquatch of Fangorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 03:05 PM   #122
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Ooh nice! We never have fondue. I never ate it before. But perhaps that's because none of us likes cheese... And cream cake sounds good too! My mother decided on the menu we are going to cook tomorrow.
To be honest I never tried cheese fondue myself either, I'm not to fond of cheese. But we do oil fondue, you know, with hot oil to fry small pieces of meat. And cream cake (or javanais taart) is my favourite dessert.

How did the cooking with your mother go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel View Post
Can I come to your house!? *drools*
I'd invite you, but it'll be a bit of a hassle with crossing the ocean and such. Unless you can ste- I mean, borrow Santa's sleigh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz View Post
I don't know what Nurv is drooling about, Fondue & Cream Cake Soup isn't exactly...normal.
That's probably because you silly Americans keep mixing it all in one bowl.
Old 12-25-2007, 03:13 PM   #123
Mari
Elf Lady

The cooking with my mum went just fine and the result was very good! Lemme see if I can upload some pics... But the muffin-shape didn't fool my sister: she didn't eat the brocoli. (I hate to say I told you so, but...)
Oil fondue? Never heard of it. Was it good?

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...

Last edited by Mari : 12-25-2007 at 03:15 PM.
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 05:23 PM   #124
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

To be honest, I don't like broccoli either. I'm a very picky eater.
Old 12-25-2007, 05:24 PM   #125
Mari
Elf Lady

So are we Allthough my father and sister are worst I love broccoli.

Old 12-25-2007, 07:11 PM   #126
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Me too.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 11:32 PM   #127
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Well, it's 7:20pm on Christmas day here and we've had such a great time. My parents and brother and I are together in a slightly worn basement suite. My borther's sleeping in the office and I'm on the Hide-a-bed (an impressively comfortable one). We have a two-foot tall artificial tree and had a pile of loot bigger than the tree!

First, our Christmas Eve. Our lovely neighbours of our old house (my folks just moved after twenty years) came by to visit us and give a gift. They're lovely people. Then a work friend of my Mom's dropped off some delicious home-made baking. We had a delicious stir-fry dinner and went to the 11pm service at our church. It was a lovely service.

Walking home, the sky was completely clear and the moon was full. It was very beautiful. We got home at 1am, had some rum and eggnog and Amarulo and stayed up until 2.

My brother and I slept in until noon today, then we had breakfast and everyone opened their stockings. (Naturally, my parents had been up for hours and had already eaten.) Then we opened all our wonderful gifts! My loot includes a lovely bracelet, a jewellery box, a pair of really good gators and a handmade glass olive oil bottle with a pourer.

Then we went for a walk in the crisp, cold, overcast winter down to the river. There were mallards and goldeneyes and one great blue heron! We came back and I made hot chocolate, being the master of hot chocolate and all )as you Teacup Cafe goers know so well).

All the while the turkey had been cooking. Then my Dad and I made the gravy together. Family knowledge you know, my Dad's Mom taught him to make gravy and now he has taught me. And it is the best gravy ever. And now it is time for Christmas dinner!

A ten pound turkey stuffed with Stove-Top stuffing, home-made gravy, home-made cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, peas and turnips. (We usually have brussels sprouts but we had to make a slightly less elaborate dinner this year. We also usually make stock of out of the turkey carcass but we won't this year.)

Turnips are my favourite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sasquatch of Fangorn View Post
Gifts for all in the teacup cafe
Yes, don't forget to go open your presents!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 01:41 AM   #128
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I got up at 8, dressed, and went to the mass, got to sing in the quartet (YEEEE!!!!) then went home and ate a huuuuuuuuuuuge lunch .

Then I napped all day because I only got 4 and a half hours of sleep between the masses. I also got various text messages through the day from my music buddies, and sent a few of my own... which was nice, since I miss them all.

Best... Christmas... EVAR!!!!!!!!!

And with 15 minutes to midnight on my end... last chance to say: MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 07:38 AM   #129
Mari
Elf Lady

Well, there ARE 2 Christmas days, the 25th and 26th, so it's still Christmas
I went to service on the 24th, which was great with a choir singing several classical songs (which my sister totally hated, but I liked allthough the Choir realy could use a good soprano to whom the other soprano's could listen for the right tone) and then 9 hours later I was again in Church for the morningservice, this time with my mum and we sang more lovely Christmas songs. Then the rest of the day we hung around enjoyed our freedom, went to the forest for a walk, made and ate dinner and afterward played old Dutch games. We ended the night with watching a Christmas movie together. And this morning we had an elaborate brunch and then played a family game we've been playing ever since my sis and I were old enough to learn the rules. And we watched our rabbit and dog do crazy stuff and chasing eachother (yes the rabbit sometimes chases the dog quite fervently) which was very funny. But we still got the rest of the day left to enjoy.
I love Christmas!!! I'm glad to hear you had great days as well. I hope that was the case for everyone! If not: hugs!!! Come celebrate it with us next year. My parents won't mind. Oh, wait, next year I'm in Switzerland...
Oh what the heck *gives everyone a big hug*

Old 12-26-2007, 02:53 PM   #130
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

hope everyone had a very merry day yesterday!

christmas eve:
worked at the library til 5 and then rushed home to go to dinner with my fiance, dave's, family. went to their church service with them, then back to dave's house to open presents with him. i made him a build a bear to look just like him (lol) and got him tickets for us to go see rob zombie in concert! he gave me a really beautiful sapphire ring and an iPod stereo/alarm clock! then we went to midnight mass with my family. went to bed at 4am after wrapping presents with mom.

christmas day:
got up at 7am (ugh) UNwrapped presents with the family; got nice stuff, the best of which was a new winter coat, green sneakers, and $75 for iTunes! o and Sasquatch and my other brother got me this aweomse calendar and a mousepad with pictures of my cat in it! cantered (as in singing, not as in a gait commonly referring to a horse's motion lol ) at 11am mass. came home, went to dave's family's christmas, then on to my family's christmas at my grandma's house. finally, home and in bed by 1am.

*PHEW!!!*

today:
slept til 11am, and i'm still in my jammies at almost 2pm!
love love LOVE the day after christmas!

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Lady Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:40 PM   #131
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
23 days to Christmas!

The countdown has started again
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King
strider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 03:18 PM   #132
Mari
Elf Lady

Hehe, I just read my above post. Back then I still thought I would go to Switzerland to study
I am at the same place as back then...
But yeah, thanks for reviving this thread Strider! I've been listening to Christmas songs since last Wednesday

Old 12-02-2008, 03:32 PM   #133
shesabrandybuck
Hero of Hyrule

I've been listening since last Thursday
I can't wait to get The Python's Autobiography by The Pythons
...oh yeah...and everything else...
And many miles be still to go,
But under a tree I will lie,
And let the clouds go sailing by.

twitter
shesabrandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:27 PM   #134
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

Christmas is just gonna be weird this year for me... away from my mom and brother and sister and everyone....

In a foreign land...

Hmmm...

But, it will be the first Christmas I actually get to spend with my fiance in person, so that's a good thing

"Even a mirror will not show you yourself, if you do not wish to see."

"But remember... clowns make two things around here: balloon animals... and enemies."

"If I loved you then I would love you in any way I could, and if we could not touch, then I would draw strength from your beauty... And if I went blind, I would fill my soul with the sound of your voice and the contents of your thoughts until the last spark of my love for you lit the shabby darkness of my dying mind."

Empress_Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:53 PM   #135
Evil Santa
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress_Flynn View Post
I actually get to spend with my finance in person, so that's a good thing
*GASP* Wow, someone I can relate to! *waves at Empress Flynn* Yay! I like spending time with my money too Empress! Wahooohohohoho! *two thumbs up*
Evil Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:08 PM   #136
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

*gives the Evil Santa the boot in his rotund rear*

What makes you evil, exactly? And you really need to work on your reading skills, you added an extra 'n' in there. Empress is too sweet and kind hearted to be spending time with her money.

She want's to spend time with her lovin' husband to be. Which is totally cool. I'm the Guardian of the Teacup Cafe, and as such, I'll not let ye, oh Evil Santa, warp and twist peoples' Christmas plans!

(Aha! Your evil because your thinner and not as color coordinated (sheesh, really, black and blue?) as yer counterpart!)
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:43 AM   #137
Evil Santa
Hobbit

Did she really say husband and not finance? I misheard. Well, I guess you can count her back in my "to destroy" column. Muahahaha!!!
Evil Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:03 AM   #138
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Wow! Things have taken a tumble since I was at the Moot last time. An Evil Santa? Since I am busy fighting the Demons of December Exams I hope other Mooters take on the honourable endeavour of curing whatever schizofrenic evil that has taken hold of dear Father Christmas Hot choco might work. In Norway we put out a bowl of porridge in the snow with melted butter and cinnammon.. so that might work too.

*To GW: I'm reading Den Medialiserade Demokratin by Jesper Strömbäck, in Swedish in one of my courses, and I'm telling you I am becoming quite the Swedish-literate! I have no idea why our Professor gave us Swedish literature. I suspect he does it for the Purpose of Torturing us*

*To EF: In a foreign land.. yeah that does make it different doesn't it. Well, I'm celebrating Xmas in South Africa! So we're all in the odd hemisphere it seems and you can console yourself with the fact there are some (hint) who won't be seeing a single snowflake on Xmas eve Actually when I think about it, that would be the case for London too so nevermind*
Coffeehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:25 AM   #139
Mari
Elf Lady

Sane, you're so cool! *waves fanclub-president-flag*
Andreas, you are going to S-A again? I am so jealous >_<

We will have all our relatives over for the night of the 24th to the 25th, maybe even to the 26th... There goes the peace on earth

Old 12-03-2008, 12:50 PM   #140
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
22 days
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King
strider8 is offline   Reply With Quote