Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-12-2008, 05:53 PM   #1
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Oran View Post
I've been using Morgoth's Ring as my primary source... The crossing did take two to three years, but years of the Trees, one of which is supposed to be equivalent to about 9.6 solar years.
I think that list I use, just put those years next to each other, saying which is which, without giving equivalents. It gets a bit confusing at times ...
I've also been reading Morgoth's Ring.

Quote:
Glorfindel will be very interested to hear the story, should Rameldir chose to tell it. He was in a bit of trouble himself at the time, so it'll be somewhat new to him.
Wouldn't Arindis and Erufailon have told their friends? If you need him to be ignorant about it, I could try to find some reason why they hadn't - but he would be interested anyway.
Perhaps they had never told the details.

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen
Varnafindë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:23 PM   #2
Varnafindë

I'll try to work on it and see what I can find out (or we'll be working together) ...

If I need the children, it would be good to know their genders.
Lhunril is a girl, and Dorochu and Idhor are boys.
What about Faunuial, Naethbor, and Eirien?

Old 12-12-2008, 09:49 PM   #3
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Eirien and Faunuial are girls, Naethbor is male. The only thing I know of their ages is that Lhunril is the youngest.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Willow Oran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:14 PM   #4
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Posted. I'm out of rhythm for writing. Must remedy by practise.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:03 AM   #5
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Hi guys - please keep writing I hope to be back soon - got set back with an infection in the larger of the two incisions but it's on the mend now. Please help me feel better by doing some writing! [/guilt trip]

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:24 PM   #6
Varnafindë

(on guilt trip)I'm working on Rameldir's story - the first draft is finished on paper, and I need to type it up and PM it to Willow for comments(/on guilt trip)

Old 01-05-2009, 08:53 PM   #7
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

*applies more guilt*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 01-06-2009, 07:06 AM   #8
Earniel

I have an excuse that the last game-post is mine and I can't really go posting twice after one another. And I'm working on other short stories and a NK post, which may excuse me anyway.

Nice to see you again, RÃ*an. Were you so jealous of my infection that you wanted one for your foot as well? *sends healing vibes and a hug across the ocean*
Old 01-10-2009, 06:47 AM   #9
Varnafindë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
And I'm working on other short stories and a NK post, which may excuse me anyway.
What's NK, precious? Is it something to read elsewhere?

*hopes to get her typing finished today*

Old 01-10-2009, 08:07 AM   #10
Earniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an View Post
Hey, that's downright friendly of you to be so sharing! And I'm sure it would have been fun to be in prison together! Think of all the writing we could do!
Oh yes, we'd have plenty of time to write between our waterboarding sessions. If they'd leave us enough toilet paper to write anything on, that is.

Quote:
Too late now, though - rats!
Alas, alas, we'll have to do it the old-fashioned way...

Quote:
A big part of the problem is that Angmar got so sick, but still, there's a lot we could do. I bugged for a long time, then just decided I was going to stop bugging. If you feel in the mood to bug, go ahead It would be nice to get going again.
True, but I've got the impression that inspiration is more of an issue than actual time. The story has gotten so big and expanded, that it has become a bit of a daunting task to get back into it. Anyway, we'll soon see if we can bug them some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varnafindë View Post
What's NK, precious? Is it something to read elsewhere?
NK is an RPG forum concerning the Arnorean kingdoms where RÃ*an, myself and some other mooters and non-mooters also have a large game running. It's on another site, with no relation to the Entmoot apart from the fact that it shares some members.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:37 PM   #11
Varnafindë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varnafindë, ten days ago View Post
*hopes to get her typing finished today*
What a vain hope ...

Today, however! I'm PMing it to Willow right now for beta reading - it's too long to go in one PM, and while we're complaining about the 90 seconds rule, there's a 120 seconds rule for posting two PMs.

Sorry this has taken me so long ...

Old 01-20-2009, 08:25 PM   #12
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

It's all right. I was busy being thoroughly obsessed with Batman during the last month and a half and the timing of this has been just right to kick me back into serious writing mode for the quarter. It's beta-d and ready for you polish and post now.

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 01-06-2009, 12:18 PM   #13
Rían

Yes, I wanted to be just like you! *hugs back*

NK post, hey? I've given up.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:04 PM   #14
Earniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an View Post
Yes, I wanted to be just like you! *hugs back*
Why didn't you say so! I could have easily sent you some of my bacteria! (We'd both ended up in prison under the patriot act, mind you, 'cos the administration doesn't know the difference between a biological weapon and a simple bacteria, but hey, details! )

Quote:
NK post, hey? I've given up.
Yeah, it's sad it has gotten to such a grinding halt. But I've told myself: "I'm doing this post, if that doesn't help, then I'm seriously going to bug Gordis and Val for a post, and if that doesn't help, only then do I call quits." Game's too good to give up without a fight.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:03 PM   #15
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

I'm waiting for Varna's bit right now. If I end up not posting much this quarter it's probably because I've finally achieved a schedule where reading/writing overdose and eyestrain are possibilities.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 01-08-2009, 03:50 PM   #16
Rían

Quote:
Why didn't you say so! I could have easily sent you some of my bacteria! (We'd both ended up in prison under the patriot act, mind you, 'cos the administration doesn't know the difference between a biological weapon and a simple bacteria, but hey, details! )
Hey, that's downright friendly of you to be so sharing! And I'm sure it would have been fun to be in prison together! Think of all the writing we could do!

Too late now, though - rats!

Quote:
Yeah, it's sad it has gotten to such a grinding halt. But I've told myself: "I'm doing this post, if that doesn't help, then I'm seriously going to bug Gordis and Val for a post, and if that doesn't help, only then do I call quits." Game's too good to give up without a fight.
A big part of the problem is that Angmar got so sick, but still, there's a lot we could do. I bugged for a long time, then just decided I was going to stop bugging. If you feel in the mood to bug, go ahead It would be nice to get going again.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:30 PM   #17
Rían

All right - my first feeble attempt at a post-op post - my goodness, I'm rusty!!! Let me know if it makes sense.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:20 PM   #18
Earniel

I'm a very bad person. My first thought after reading was: 'Still got nightmares like that? No wonder those two never got married.'

I really liked the mouse-scene. It fits well with my imagination of Elves and how at ease animals can be around them, as opposed to around us humans.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:38 PM   #19
Rían

Quote:
I'm a very bad person. My first thought after reading was: 'Still got nightmares like that? No wonder those two never got married.'
Which two? Alagos and Tyaron?

The dreams aren't regular nightmares. More will be revealed shortly ...

Last edited by Rían : 01-30-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:57 PM   #20
Rían

Your comment was helpful - I made some changes to hopefully show that this isn't a normal type of nightmare. What do you think?

The idea I had was something similar to the WK's knife shard in Frodo's body - that the flails on the whips of the Balrog could leave stuff behind in a victim's body, and that they would "come alive" around the time of the anniversary of the FoG and cause increasing nightmares and pain (in the form of heat) as the time approaches, culminating in full-on hallucinations on the actual day. Every year, Tyaron has had to deal with this, and he's dealt with it in various ways. He wants to get to Imladris before the actual day hits, so he can head into the wilderness and deal with it alone. There aren't too many survivors of Balrogs, so this isn't well-known, esp. since the hallucinations are something that he doesn't want found out. OH, and also, it reacts when orcs 'n stuff like that are near.

Too wild? impractical? needs some mods? whatcha all think? I was thinking that Elrond could find out, and finally heal him.

Last edited by Rían : 01-30-2009 at 11:01 PM.