Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-16-2005, 05:12 AM   #121
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

my diagnosis too, Dr.Anduril!

* whispers: i think we may not need the shock treatment now ...*

Melfena : this place must be a living talking pyschology text book! I can see why it is now part of the course. amazing idea really.

best Dr.BB (that's my friendly bedside-manner Doctor name - less formal y'know)
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 10:02 AM   #122
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
PLEASE GUYS AND GALS just drop this. We do not want to speak ill of one of our foremost members.

***this is an official warning****
foremost!?!

maybe infamous

i would never speak ill of good ole JD... in fact, i almost miss him
Old 09-17-2005, 04:29 PM   #123
Snowdog
Dúnedain Ranger of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOBBIT
No, the ...what the hockey team was named after the "Jersey Devil"
Yeah...

So I take it Jersey Devil got himself banned? Sorry for asking, but I didn't know. Its the price I pay for wandering off for days and weeks at a time.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:53 PM   #124
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I'm knocking on the back door of 2,000 posts, here; have I set some kind of record? I mean, I've only been mooting since April, and I'm approaching 2G!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 11:11 AM   #125
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

...to quote Bill Shatner's book, "Get a Life"
Old 09-19-2005, 01:40 PM   #126
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Get a Life!

Yeah, I have way, WAY, way, way too much time on my hands these days! I am not in school, though I wanted to be able to register for fall couses at ucla but I didn't; I don't have a regular job since my boyfriend's supporting me, and I'm the world's - the WORLD's worst procrastinating freelance writer. Entmoot is my social life, these days, until I re-integrate myself back into society as a normal citizen and not a criminal like I used to be - most of the peope i know in L.A. are criminals - dear friends, but bad influences. So - entmoot it is! I don't mind; entmoot gives me so much, you guys. I love it here, and appreciate & enjoy all the mooters!

Old 09-19-2005, 03:54 PM   #127
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well, entmoot ain't the same if you are not logged on...

enjoy yourself ... i wish i had that free-time again ...

still, since technically i am at work 90% of the time i am here ... being paid to be on the moot, ai'nt bad ...esp as it's overtime!

funny how we never get any Digi or lay-offs scheduled till the evening?

... ahem!

... course in that way it buggers me social life a tad .... but it works at the momment ... am trying to take long week-ends to travel and meet friends and experience the benefits in fine wines, meals and travel that entmooting gives me (it's the unsocial hours and the overtime!)

best BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 09-19-2005 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:31 PM   #128
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
PS Greywolf liked the Moot dollar!
Thanks, I just feel sorry that it couldn't be incorporated into the Smilies box.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 04:35 PM   #129
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
* hand shakes all round for Doc's Butterbeer, Anduril and grey Wolf ... puts the chilled champagne on hold for the big 100!*
*Shakes BB's hand belatedly and says thanks for the bubbly*
Old 09-19-2005, 04:38 PM   #130
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melfena

This should be my 100th post, and i feel an obligation to post it here, since this is the thread that helped me get over my phobia of posting so i wanted to thank Dr. Butterbeer, Dr. Anduril, and Dr. Grey Wolf *hugs for butterbeer anduril and grey wolf * .
*Belatedly gives Melfena a Doctorly hug back.*
Old 09-24-2005, 07:12 AM   #131
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

my 1,000th Post

gosh!

well, guess i should dedicate this one to tom riddle .... gone but not forgotten.

well, since it's been so quiet around here just lately, i don't really have any moot expereinces to share ... ahem!

i'd just like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on here who i have posted with or not, or who's posts i have read, or not...

keep trying hard not to go into bilbo party speech mode here, it is SO tempting ...

i have really in the main enjoyed my time here on entmoot ... fun, laughs, the odd flare-up , debates, and just getting to talk to and with people from around the world, share ideas and see how other people think on any range of subjects from frogs and squirrels to philosophy and damn it! the whole world (and indeed well beyond)

i have learnt much that i had forgotten (about tolkien) and learned tons of cultural, lifestyle, both general and specific things on here ... from quotes, to wines, to beleifs, to theories, to science and nature etc ....

thank you all - and of course to Ben for starting entmoot!

I like you all - even the ones i have fallen out with for short periods on here: forgive me all my rashness and 0-60 anger non-managment ...

funny in real life i am really hard to get angry ... but on here i certainly have on occasion been .er... quicker than quickbeam ...

course in some ways entmoot is a good place to share emotions and find diversions etc ... maybe let out some steam ... but we should all try and not let that affect other mooters ... there are always 2 sides to any story, but no winners!

so, my 1,000th post ... better than my 100th which was wiped!

good luck everyone ... and a fresh start to all ...
Old 09-24-2005, 10:31 AM   #132
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Old 10-06-2005, 08:39 PM   #133
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

quite right, spock.

my noble " a few good words for the 1,000th" sentiments were promptly followed by an unseemly bust-up!

hope they have developed a "raised eye-brow" smilie by the time of my second 1,000th post (since i am temporarily time-space moot continuim warped back to 930!)

best BB
Old 10-14-2005, 07:00 PM   #134
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Damn! i was looking forward to posting my SECOND 1,000th post, and hoping to get TWO rolling eyes from Spock this time!

but i wasn't watching the old post count, and this is the second 1,001 post!

Ah flibberty Jibbit!

ah well, how do i ask to get me 100 or so posts back that i lost recently? who do i talk to?

btw since JD syndrome is now a thing of the past, this thread will be solely about mooter's moot expereinces...

personally, one recent moot expereince: i think the lord of the rings discussion project should be better attended ... though i find it very confusing the way it is laid out in that forum, very hard to see where you are at and what are recent chapters and new points ... is there way this can be made clearer so more people can find it easier to join in?

I have also recently been gripped by the rpg, of nazgul and kings, friends and rings ... just see the info thread for an idea of the detail that has gone into this alternate start of third age rpg!

best all BB
Old 10-14-2005, 10:52 PM   #135
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I have been a chameleon, I have been a loner, I have been angry, I have been a... er... stoner? I was a newbie, for ever the longest time; I was laughed at for not joining pre-movie, and I have laughed back at such twittery. I have been a chatter-box, rampaging through threads; I have scuttled around in my dusty cardboard box, battling foes, and stealing pants. Once, I was an exterminator, once I was a darwinian fish, once I was nothing, still I am nothing. I was Evil of the Hair, but now thanks to Good Hair Day (tm), I am just merely Evil. I was once a spammer, and now I have little to say. Then, I was young, ignorant, and angry. Now, I am merely me. I wallowed in marmite, wine and pants (not necessarily at the same time), now I am satisifed with marmite on toast (slightly burnt). One of the Mighty Three, I posted at supersonic speeds, (50 posts per day, no less!). Now, I am lucky if I post 50 posts a year. Many have been and gone, including me; ever the passing of the grey company, I weep and descry, "I am old, Father William, I have wet my pants!"

Last edited by BeardofPants : 10-14-2005 at 10:56 PM.
BeardofPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 04:11 AM   #136
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

That was probably the awesomest post ever.

*archives*

edit: awesomest
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 10-15-2005 at 04:14 AM.
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 04:45 AM   #137
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Haha, if you say so... nothin' like the rambling post of the not-quite-bored to liven your day, eh?
Old 10-15-2005, 09:46 AM   #138
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Moot experiences hmm...

It's been about 3.5 years since Tano first called me over and made me sign on via a crappy school laptop. Since then I've only really been active in the RPG forum, mostly lurking on the other parts of the board.
I guess I'm one of the quieter mooters, as evidenced by the relatively low post count. It still amazes me that some of you have 1,000 or more posts after just a few months, I only ever post when I feel that what I have to say really needs to be said or when something's just happened that I can't resist mentioning.

My moot experience is more like an extension of real life as many of my real life friends also frequent the moot, or did at one point. It's odd to think that while role-playing and talking with people from all over the world who I've never met face to face, I'm simultaneously interacting with people I've known since middle school or early high school who I've seen every day for months or years at a time, who I have shared a room and bed with, partied with and even dated.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Willow Oran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 04:13 PM   #139
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardofPants
I have been a chameleon, I have been a loner, I have been angry, I have been a... er... stoner? I was a newbie, for ever the longest time; I was laughed at for not joining pre-movie, and I have laughed back at such twittery. I have been a chatter-box, rampaging through threads; I have scuttled around in my dusty cardboard box, battling foes, and stealing pants. Once, I was an exterminator, once I was a darwinian fish, once I was nothing, still I am nothing. I was Evil of the Hair, but now thanks to Good Hair Day (tm), I am just merely Evil. I was once a spammer, and now I have little to say. Then, I was young, ignorant, and angry. Now, I am merely me. I wallowed in marmite, wine and pants (not necessarily at the same time), now I am satisifed with marmite on toast (slightly burnt). One of the Mighty Three, I posted at supersonic speeds, (50 posts per day, no less!). Now, I am lucky if I post 50 posts a year. Many have been and gone, including me; ever the passing of the grey company, I weep and descry, "I am old, Father William, I have wet my pants!"
Yeah, this has gotta be one of the best posts about mooting, if not THE best post about mooting, that I've come across.

Old 10-15-2005, 04:50 PM   #140
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Nurv and Lotesse have it down i think!

Awesome post beard o pants!

Wotcha Willow! So glad to be rpging with you ... you may find your post count rising with this rpg! ... call it a variation of the 3 doc's Melfena treatment ...

how is malfena btw? How you doing? Any recent moot experiences ... ?
(ever the caring doctor )

best BB

... now what can i do to rate TWO rolling eyes from Spock? Suggestions please ...