Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-19-2002, 08:40 AM   #121
elendili
Elven Warrior

I'm paranoid about the attack of gigantic spidrs after seeing the ad for 8 legged freaks before spiderman it scared me to death especially the one behind the couch

"Courage my soul, now learn to wield
The weight of thine immortal shield
Place on thy head thy helmet bright
Ballance thy sword against the fight
See where an army strong as fair
With silken banners spreads the air
Now if thy bee'st that thing divine
In this days combat let it shine:
And shew that nature wants an art
To conqeur one resolved heart"
Andrew Marvell
elendili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 10:18 AM   #122
Blackheart
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants

Great, now I'm gonna start getting paranoid about being hit with a phallic shaped meteorite.
It could happen!

Queer haow a cravin' gits a holt on ye -- As ye love the Almighty, young man, don't tell nobody, but I swar ter Gawd thet picter begun ta make me hungry fer victuals I couldn't raise nor buy -- here, set still, what's ailin' ye? ...
Blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 10:47 AM   #123
Sicirus
Elf Lord

I kinda have a really stupid fear of live moths.
Don't ask me why but they just look and feel so freaky!
Old 06-19-2002, 01:46 PM   #124
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicirus
I kinda have a really stupid fear of live moths.
Don't ask me why but they just look and feel so freaky!
MOTHS!!!! Kill them!! You have NO idea how evil they are! Nasty lil' buggers!!!! They INVADED my room when I returned from holiday last year. First they were about 10 moths an evening. I kindly caught them and put them outside. If I had known.... One week later no more moths but my room was invaded by hundreds of tiny caterpillar!!! It took me three days to clean the mess. I had to sleep in the spare bed, my OWN bed had to be taken apart! They were everywhere. All my clothes had to be washed, luckily they didn't eat them they just hatched in them. From that time on it's WAR between us.
Old 06-19-2002, 02:04 PM   #125
Elvellon
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants

Guybrush! From Monkey Island? You know, the Lucasarts game...

Nope, never heard of it.

Reality is just an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

The Caffeine Mantra
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the juice of Brazil that the thoughts aquire speed,
The hands aquire shaking,
the shaking becomes a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion...

Elvellon Erelion
Elvellon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 02:37 PM   #126
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

I fear...rejection, never being accepted. Do you realize that I have never been asked out? By anyone. Not even the nerdy guys, or some little kid. Nobody. So I'm scared that I'm gonna be like 30 and still single. Everyone tells me that it'll come, and I know it's supposed to but it doesn't always work out that way....

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 02:41 PM   #127
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by galadriel88
I fear...rejection, never being accepted. Do you realize that I have never been asked out? By anyone. Not even the nerdy guys, or some little kid. Nobody. So I'm scared that I'm gonna be like 30 and still single. Everyone tells me that it'll come, and I know it's supposed to but it doesn't always work out that way....
I've never been asked out either...don't worry, you'll find someone eventually, eh?

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 02:43 PM   #128
galadriel88

*sigh* I hope...but there's no way to tell now, I'm not even out of high scool yet. I guess that's what scares me - not knowing whether or not things'll work out for me.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 06-19-2002, 02:55 PM   #129
Eruviel Greenleaf

Quote:
*sigh* I hope...but there's no way to tell now, I'm not even out of high scool yet. I guess that's what scares me - not knowing whether or not things'll work out for me.
Well, that's always a fear, right? I mean, right now I'm really worried I won't do well in college and it won't work out and stuff. But I try not to worry too much, 'cause then I just get stuck and can't have any fun in life. Being optimistic helps sometimes...from someone who is very pessemistic half the time

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 06-19-2002, 04:14 PM   #130
WiseWizard
Elven Warrior

Location: the darkest region of Mirkwood (and trust me, it's really dark)
I too have a large fear of rejection, and of judgement. Which really makes me wonder why I'm a poet and an actor.......both entail being critiqued.
And don't worry about being asked out, or asking someone out. Sometimes you need to take the initiative, to take a risk. Who knows, there's probably some guy out there who simply to shy to talk to you. I know that's what I'm like. It took me about 2/3 of a year before I finally asked out my current girlfriend, and now we've been together for about 3.5 weeks and things are going great, even though I have that nagging fear in my head that says it could end at any moment.
So my advice, if someone hasn't approached you yet, they will. Or if it's so plainly obvious that someone likes you, and yet they haven't said a word, don't be afraid to take the issue out into the open.
I hope you can benefit from my limited wisdom.
------------------------------------------------
"It's been a while since I've been 130." -Aaron Reichgott
You know, the world's full of apathy...but I don't care.
"I would've honked, but I might have hit you." -Janaki
"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have gone to college that year." -Lewis Black
"I have one speed which varies according to my mood." -Kristy Pihl
"When I get a fever, I can hear my mom's voice in my head. But she's alive, not dead, so it's not as exciting." -Anna Crandall
"It doesn't matter what your body type is, as long as you're bloodthirsty." -Rachel Carlson
-------------------------------------------------
"My mind is a whirling miasma." -Jeff E.
"I think earth is the Alabama of the universe and we don't even know it."
"You can't just apologize the laziness of my bunnies away." -Taylor S.B.
I'm a sadistic massochist. I'm always happy.
WiseWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 02:29 AM   #131
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
You still got plenty of time. I've never been asked out either... well not on a date anyway. If you're already complaining about it, what should I do? With my luck, I'll meet the love of my life in the old folk's home house and die of a fatal heart attack the minute he proposes.
Old 06-20-2002, 02:32 AM   #132
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackheart
It could happen!
I remain ever the optimist.

Quote:
So I'm scared that I'm gonna be like 30 and still single. Everyone tells me that it'll come, and I know it's supposed to but it doesn't always work out that way....
Dye your hair blonde, wear short skirts, and act dumb. Problem solved.
Old 06-20-2002, 12:34 PM   #133
Jadera
Elven Warrior

I wouldn't worry to much about it right now. I've never been asked out either. (Which yes, is depressing, since my best friend has had boyfriends since before I can remember...oi...)

I somehow don't think the short skirts would work for me....I'd scare everybody away...

~Chivalry isn't dead, it just transferred to women~
Jadera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 12:39 PM   #134
Blackheart
Elf Lord

Heh, heh, heh...

Don't worry. There's plenty of dirty old men out there.

Queer haow a cravin' gits a holt on ye -- As ye love the Almighty, young man, don't tell nobody, but I swar ter Gawd thet picter begun ta make me hungry fer victuals I couldn't raise nor buy -- here, set still, what's ailin' ye? ...
Blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 03:03 PM   #135
galadriel88

Quote:
I somehow don't think the short skirts would work for me....I'd scare everybody away...
Yeah, me too. I don't exctly have the best body in the world...

Earniel - It's not so much that I'm complaining about it, or that I'm dying to go out with somebody right now this very minute, as that I'm just scared that in the future, when i'm ready to think about marriage and stuff, that nobody will want me. It sounds corny and stupid, I know, but it's a fear that's very real for me. And there's really nothing I can do about it right now, because that's still pretty far away for me. All I can do is just be myself and go 1 day at a time, and just...wait. It doesn't help much that the guys in my class are extremely immature, and there's no way in a million years that my current crush (who is 4 years older than me) will ask me out. So like I said, i'm just...waiting, I guess. And the waiting is what kills me because i have no clue as to how things will turn out for me in the future.

Old 06-20-2002, 05:29 PM   #136
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackheart
Advertising are we?
Old 06-20-2002, 06:39 PM   #137
Jadera
Elven Warrior

Quote:

lol

Yeah, I know how that goes, Galadriel. My current crush is much older than myself too. ;_; Maturity counts for a lot.

~Chivalry isn't dead, it just transferred to women~
Jadera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 09:35 PM   #138
Khadrane
Elf Lord

Okay, I'm scared of

1. Vampires. Don't ask me why. I know they don't exist. but they really freak me out.

2. Snakes. I just HATE them.

FRODO LIVES!

ABORTION IS HOMICIDE
Khadrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 02:56 AM   #139
Eruviel Greenleaf

Quote:
Originally posted by Khadrane
Okay, I'm scared of

1. Vampires. Don't ask me why. I know they don't exist. but they really freak me out.

2. Snakes. I just HATE them.
eep! I'm a vampire (sometimes...when I'm not an elf ), and I used to have a pet snake

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 06-21-2002, 04:34 AM   #140
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

What do veggie vampires feed on, btw? Comatose people, perhaps?

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...

Last edited by Arathorn : 06-21-2002 at 05:40 AM.
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote