Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 04:22 PM   #121
shesabrandybuck
Hero of Hyrule

Well, I hope everything gets better!!

So, I am off! I shall try to return, but probably not. Night out with the girls! haha. Bye!!
And many miles be still to go,
But under a tree I will lie,
And let the clouds go sailing by.

twitter
Old 10-03-2008, 04:25 PM   #122
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Have big fun. I was supposed to have a date tonight...but it ain't lookin' likely.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 10-03-2008, 04:30 PM   #123
katya
Elven Maiden

*serves Sis some ice cream and a massaging foot bath* Ice cream always superior to medicine.

Bye Link!
Old 10-03-2008, 04:44 PM   #124
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Thanks, katya.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 10-03-2008, 04:50 PM   #125
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt View Post
That's actually part of what warped me. I am a proud survivor of The New Math, which taught base counting systems to elementary school students. We either understood it...and went on to invent personal computing, or were completely confused, and went on to vote for Republicans.

A harsh system.
Ahahaha!! This post made me laugh quite hard, so I had to drag it back from three pages ago. Not many people in the Pacific Standard time zone on this board eh? Sometimes I feel like everyone posts when I'm not here.

"Ha, the mod's gone. Let's post whacky spam!"
"It's the Teacup, no one cares."
Seven hours later, Nurv posts: "Hey!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varnafindë View Post
Although I've been to a costume ball once, dressed up as a Norwegian fjord
I should scan the photo if I can find it.
Please post this, it sounds amazing!! You know, BC and Norway are the only places in the world with fjords. I've seen both the British Columbian and Norwegian ones (Trondheim's fjord is HUGE), so I consider myself quite an expert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shesabrandybuck View Post
Im not into math at all, I just need it for college, i guess. Science on the other hand, I just love. Anything about the human body, or space, I am totally there haha. Its so intriguing, and somewhat inspirational, from my point of view at least.
I love math. And understanding math will help you a lot with science, especially physics. Physics is always useful. Personally, my love is biology. I only discovered this love in my first year of university when I realized that yes, I really did belong in Forestry and choosing this degree because I like being outside was actually a good idea!

Shesabrandybuck, congratulations on your 500 posts! May I present you with not one, but three cakes! There is a 5, a 0, and another 0 cake. Now tell me you like Arabic numerals. Had I used Roman numerals, you'd only get one cake in the shape of a D.

I'm glad my explanation of Roman numerals made sense. I was worried I didn't explain it well. Let me know if you want to learn binary or hexadecimal counting. Sis and I can explain that, right Sis?

Well you guys, I'm off to try to find a dress for my Maid of Honour. One that looks nice. But not too expensive.

(Oh yeah I'm getting married to Drgnslyer in 7 months. That's his username here at the Moot, but he never posts.) I'm getting married!! *heart emoticon*
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 10-03-2008, 04:56 PM   #126
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Absolutely. I have a perverse fondness for bases and set theory.

Whats her (or your) style...re dresses?

And I wanna see a picture of your fella.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 10-03-2008, 04:58 PM   #127
katya
Elven Maiden

I just made some "put a bunch of stuff in a pan" soup, if anyone is brave enough to try it. It's too hot so I haven't even tested it myself yet.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:26 PM   #128
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

I have returned, you may all rejoice!

And I need something nice and hot.. so I just may try that soup, katya!

I'm pretty sure there's not much that feels better than taking contacts out after having them in for 11 hours...

"Even a mirror will not show you yourself, if you do not wish to see."

"But remember... clowns make two things around here: balloon animals... and enemies."

"If I loved you then I would love you in any way I could, and if we could not touch, then I would draw strength from your beauty... And if I went blind, I would fill my soul with the sound of your voice and the contents of your thoughts until the last spark of my love for you lit the shabby darkness of my dying mind."

Old 10-03-2008, 05:30 PM   #129
katya
Elven Maiden

Hah! I keep mine in for a month at a time. I know, I'm going to ruin my eyes. It feels way better to take them out after a month.

The soup's not too bad, actually, do try some! The texture is kind of weird, but it taste alright. I love thick creamy soups.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:31 PM   #130
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

Thick and creamy sounds amazing.

Okay... that came out in a rather perverted manner...

Anywho... I think I would die if I left mine in that long! My eyes are way too sensitive, they'd probably dry up and fall out lol...

"But remember... clowns make two things around here: balloon animals... and enemies."

"If I loved you then I would love you in any way I could, and if we could not touch, then I would draw strength from your beauty... And if I went blind, I would fill my soul with the sound of your voice and the contents of your thoughts until the last spark of my love for you lit the shabby darkness of my dying mind."

Old 10-03-2008, 05:34 PM   #131
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

*Holds out bowl for soup and passes bread*

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 10-03-2008, 05:35 PM   #132
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

*Suddenly has "please sir, can I have some more?" scene going through her head*

Old 10-03-2008, 05:37 PM   #133
katya
Elven Maiden

I have chunks of bread too. It's a regular feast! I was thinking of Oliver Twist too. I was wondering if maybe, just maybe, gruel is actually ok-ish.

Lol I don't think they'd fall out, but the contacts might get stuck to the lens and rip it when you take them out. Also, it makes your vision really cloudy for the first half hour after you wake up. I have the ones that are meant to be worn for long periods of time, but my optometrist still recommends that I take them out every night. I can barely remember to take my phone in my room with me and sign out of IMs let alone take my eyes out every night. I should, but I don't.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:39 PM   #134
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

Lol... yay for feasts!

Mine are just regular old taken 'em out after 12 hours ones... and most days I am too lazy to put them in.... I don't mind my glasses, my fiance says I look cute in them lol, but it's just so much nicer to not have to wear them, and be able to wear sunglasses...

And ripping the lens? blech *shudders*

Old 10-03-2008, 05:41 PM   #135
katya
Elven Maiden

Yeah, sunglasses is one big reason why I don't like wearing my glasses. Also they are old and don't fit my face very well. And you lose peripheral vision. Etc. I noticed a lot of the monks at temples in Japan wore glasses and I thought maybe it was because contacts are a form of vanity, but I think glasses are just annoying. I think they look cute, if you get the right pair.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:44 PM   #136
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

I need a new pair very badly... I've had these ones for 6 years and the ends broke off in the last few months lol... now they just look funny...

And I adore sunglasses so I am so happy I get to wear them now!

Old 10-03-2008, 05:49 PM   #137
katya
Elven Maiden

I've had my glasses for about 6 years too. I had one newer pair but my little brother stepped on them.

I love sunglasses too, especially big gaudy ones. I never wear gaudy clothes but I like wearing sunglasses with rhinestones and stuff like that. I also just like them because my eyes are pretty sensitive to light though. I had a terrible time in Japan because all of their sunglasses were strictly fashion and didn't really block light. Apparently dark eyes are pretty resistant to sunlight.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:52 PM   #138
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

My eyes are really sensitive to bright lights too... especially since having contacts... and yeah, my eyes are really light colored bluey greyish.

That would be a great crayon color

Old 10-03-2008, 05:53 PM   #139
katya
Elven Maiden

Yes I would color everyone's eyes bluey greyish. Mine are blue. I think it's kind of a darker blue but still light enough that I'm sensitive.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:56 PM   #140
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

Hehe.... I always liked the name of the color "tickle me pink"

Oh yes.... have your electronic appliances been behaving themselves? They haven't been... acting up in any way? *looks suspicious*

Closed Thread