FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 03:56 PM   #121
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farimir Captain of Gondor
Yeah, not so much anymore.

I couldn't sleep last night because I felt like a fish stick that was burnt on the outside but still frozen on the inside. I kept getting cold chills that actually burnt. I'm so sore right now it took me 10 mins just to climb my stairs today. I knew this was going to happen.
Sunburn is my friiiieeeend. Not. From one sunburnee to another, try some aloe vera directly from the plant, or failing that, cucumber feels really good on sunburn. You just need to find a sympathetic soul to rub it all over yer body.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:42 PM   #122
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Just heard from the news that one of the two guys who stabbed a student to death over an mp3-player a few days ago in Brussels, is arrested. The case caused quite some upheaval here.

Turns out he is only 16. 16!

This world is so ****ed up.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:44 PM   #123
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

HEY, is he an immigrant too???That would really cause more trouble................and I've always felt so safe transiting that station too.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:50 PM   #124
Farimir Captain of Gondor
Spaceman Spiff

Location: In the belly of a Firefly, living in Serenity is where you'll find me
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardofPants
Sunburn is my friiiieeeend. Not. From one sunburnee to another, try some aloe vera directly from the plant, or failing that, cucumber feels really good on sunburn.
Ah, yes. Aloe is our friend. Love me some aloe.
Quote:
You just need to find a sympathetic soul to rub it all over yer body.
Is this an offer?
Old 04-24-2006, 07:02 PM   #125
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
HEY, is he an immigrant too???That would really cause more trouble................and I've always felt so safe transiting that station too.
Seems like it. They looked north-african on the security videos but now it seems they are from Poland. I doubt anyone saw that one coming.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:00 PM   #126
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

I tried out for section leader again this year, and again, I didn't get it. Last year I didn't have a problem with it, because I agree that the people they chose were better than me. But this year, I don't understand the decision. But I took a nap, and now it's all better.

Psalm 107:31
Old 04-25-2006, 02:05 PM   #127
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Well be glad you didn't get 'section 8'. .....usmilitaryjoke
Old 04-25-2006, 06:32 PM   #128
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Oh God, not happening...

I'm flipping out so much over this vocal audition (which I thought would be in JULY but is going to be May 11th) that I'm losing my voice and just about everything else.

Lets list all the wonderful reasons that Tessar Really Can't Handle This Right Now:

1. She hasn't called me back yet to say if the voice staff has given a yay or a nay yet--I don't even know if I WILL be auditioning yet. Oh, but if I do then I, "Had better have those arias ready--we don't just let anyone in."

2. My allergies have started acting up, so I'm fighting as hard as I can to keep some stuffyness from turning into the fullblown sore throat/fever/stuffed nose I usually get when my allergies act up. That would kill my voice for at least three weeks, and I don't have three weeks to take vocal rest right now.

3. I can't hit the high note that I need for my aria any more. I would get so nervous trying to practice it at home that I just couldn't hit it, and today at my voice lesson I just about broke down crying because my range has been getting smaller and smaller--I can barely sing half of the notes I could before hand, and my voice is getting raspy within just a few minutes because it just gets too tight for me to sing.

4. I can't even listen to a singer now without my throat getting tight, as if I'm straining for a high note myself, because it makes me think about the audition and the fact that I CAN'T SING MY FREAKING SONGS.

5. Finals are right around the corner, and thanks to my stupid english teacher that everyone in the class hates, I'm going to have to get an A on the final if I want even a B in the class. I should've used Ratemyprofessor--she has terrible, terrible ratings, and they're all deserved.

6. I was so nervous that I couldn't focus, and I bombed my last politics test. So unless I get an A on that final too, I can kiss my B average goodbye.

7. The voice professor who's part of the audition team is this horrible, horrible woman who treated me like the dirt under her feet when we were talking about the possibility of my auditioning. Everyone I've talked to agrees that she's horrible.

I don't know why I can't let this go. Things have actually been really good lately, and I've had so much more self confidence and I've stopped letting the little things get to me, but right now I feel like I'm back to just panicing over the smallest things.

I've sung in public tons of times, and never lost my voice for it once, but this time I'm so nervous my throat gets tight and I can't sing at all, plus battling against the allergies.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:57 PM   #129
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

Hey, Mr. Sunshine! You are not winning. I'm sorry! Here's a hopeful smile sent your way: Hope things look up for ya.
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Old 04-26-2006, 12:02 PM   #130
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
Oh God, not happening...

I'm flipping out so much over this vocal audition (which I thought would be in JULY but is going to be May 11th) that I'm losing my voice and just about everything else.

Lets list all the wonderful reasons that Tessar Really Can't Handle This Right Now:

1. She hasn't called me back yet to say if the voice staff has given a yay or a nay yet--I don't even know if I WILL be auditioning yet. Oh, but if I do then I, "Had better have those arias ready--we don't just let anyone in."

2. My allergies have started acting up, so I'm fighting as hard as I can to keep some stuffyness from turning into the fullblown sore throat/fever/stuffed nose I usually get when my allergies act up. That would kill my voice for at least three weeks, and I don't have three weeks to take vocal rest right now.

3. I can't hit the high note that I need for my aria any more. I would get so nervous trying to practice it at home that I just couldn't hit it, and today at my voice lesson I just about broke down crying because my range has been getting smaller and smaller--I can barely sing half of the notes I could before hand, and my voice is getting raspy within just a few minutes because it just gets too tight for me to sing.

4. I can't even listen to a singer now without my throat getting tight, as if I'm straining for a high note myself, because it makes me think about the audition and the fact that I CAN'T SING MY FREAKING SONGS.

5. Finals are right around the corner, and thanks to my stupid english teacher that everyone in the class hates, I'm going to have to get an A on the final if I want even a B in the class. I should've used Ratemyprofessor--she has terrible, terrible ratings, and they're all deserved.

6. I was so nervous that I couldn't focus, and I bombed my last politics test. So unless I get an A on that final too, I can kiss my B average goodbye.

7. The voice professor who's part of the audition team is this horrible, horrible woman who treated me like the dirt under her feet when we were talking about the possibility of my auditioning. Everyone I've talked to agrees that she's horrible.

I don't know why I can't let this go. Things have actually been really good lately, and I've had so much more self confidence and I've stopped letting the little things get to me, but right now I feel like I'm back to just panicing over the smallest things.

I've sung in public tons of times, and never lost my voice for it once, but this time I'm so nervous my throat gets tight and I can't sing at all, plus battling against the allergies.
awe im so sorry i hope things work out for you!

Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer:
Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulaer!

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone
Old 05-01-2006, 12:20 PM   #131
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

URG! the 90 sec rule lol..no seriously
here's my real vent!
i seriously strained my frigging muscle on my side and it hurts to walk and im in so much pain...gotta hate those hurtles after what they did to me... on most days, hurtles are my fave.

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone
Old 05-01-2006, 12:34 PM   #132
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

*is sad* ...I think I lost a friend. Shoot. *kicks self; cries*

Old 05-01-2006, 12:40 PM   #133
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie Gamgee
*is sad* ...I think I lost a friend. Shoot. *kicks self; cries*
not today silly...but soon this month.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
Old 05-01-2006, 12:42 PM   #134
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
not today silly...but soon this month.
Ha. Ha. *giggles*... *goes back to feeling bad*

Old 05-08-2006, 12:35 PM   #135
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

How do they expect me to handle two exams on Friday and two additional exams and a presentation next week?

I can't possibly learn that much at once and in so little time! Boy, my stomach doesn't like this stress.

Anti-vent: Summer holidays just a month away...
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:38 PM   #136
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

urg school is taking too long to finish!!!! good thing i have entmoot to stiffle the boredom

Old 05-08-2006, 02:12 PM   #137
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Vent: Got a C on my philosophy paper. Blech.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 05-08-2006, 05:58 PM   #138
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Bummer! And you seem to like the topic so much, too!

*gives Gwai some Consolation Cupcakes*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 05-08-2006, 06:46 PM   #139
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Thanks Ri. *is at least partially consoled*

I know! I was surprised. One of the things he said was that it was short. I think the only reason is because it looked shorter than it was, because I forgot to double-space it. I know someone else who had less words in his paper, and his was double-spaced; no comments on being short there at all. So, I probably got marked down for a stupid mistake on a minor issue. Most people got A-'s, and a couple A's.

*chews a Consolation Cupcake*

On the upside, I just had my theology final. Huzzah! Three finals to go!

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 05-08-2006, 11:50 PM   #140
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

test post to test for time stamp ...

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Closed Thread