Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-06-2002, 01:24 AM   #121
Entlover
Elven Warrior

Everybody keeps saying 4 minutes; but I thought it was supposed to be a 10 minute trailer. And how could they get all that stuff into 4 minutes?
Entlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 01:53 AM   #122
Midgardsormen
Hobbit

I have heard 3.5 and four minutes...it certainly was not more....I thought it felt like ONE!!
From what I understand the 10 minute preview will be in the August DVD release, with the movie we are now seeing in the cinemas + the preview, Enya's video clip singing May It Be...and I think some other stuff too, but I cannot remember.
This was just a little 'teaser' to give fans something to drool about for the next couple of months
Old 04-06-2002, 02:06 AM   #123
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

The trailer goes so fast, you have hardly any time to think about what is going on! BTW you can download the whole trailer off Kazaa. The official movie site available here: Official LOTR Movie Site has all the info on the video release. Unfortunately I don't have a DVD player, hopfully I will have one by the time the DVD for ROTK comes out.

Edit: I just went back to the site and it said the extended edition would be R rated. What does that mean? Here in Australia R Rated is (I think) the highest rating a film can be, and to me would contain very violent images or very explicit sexual content.

Last edited by cassiopeia : 04-06-2002 at 02:15 AM.
cassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 03:59 AM   #124
Midgardsormen
Hobbit

From what I have heard the reason it will be getting R rating is that apparently Merry and Pippin fight the Orcs before they are taken, and one of them chops off one of the Orcs' hand...( that is actually in the book so I would be VERY pleased if it is there!!)
I am thinking that that scene must be more bloody than the one where Aragorn chops off the head, otherwise why change the rating??
Old 04-06-2002, 05:16 AM   #125
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

I think in england, our version of an american R is a 15. Because the highest rating we can get as far as i know is an 18 and that is covered by nc17 in america.

I thought Gandalf was completely different than i imagined him. When i read the books i though of him as exactly the samr as when he was grey apart from his clothes which were white. But now he has white hair and white staff and was it just me or did he look dangerously like Saruman?

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 06:01 AM   #126
Midgardsormen
Hobbit

He does look more like Saruman....I think PJ wanted to get across that he is MUCH more powerful than before!! (and I think that bit in the trailer showed that )
Old 04-06-2002, 06:43 AM   #127
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

good point Midgard, I never thought of it like that.

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 08:31 AM   #128
Rosie-Lass
Elven Warrior

Wow, the trailer is totally awesome!!!
I agree about the Gandalf thing. When Saruman comes on at the end the only way I could tell the difference was the fact that Saruman has a black stripe in his beard and Gandalf doesn't.
Eowyn, Strawberry and I stayed and watched all the credits!!! And I thought it was so sweet that he dedicated it to (I think) his parents. Awww!

Btw, Strawberry, the only reason I was saying we should go is that even the lady who cleans the cinema after a showing had gone! And we were still there!!!

I hope TTT is not a fifteen because all of the eleven and twelve year olds who have read the books and seen the first film won't be able to see it. I read that that was the reason that they didn't make it a twelve in the first place, because all the younger ones would be trying to get in and it just wrecks the system, eventually.
Old 04-06-2002, 01:07 PM   #129
Pailan
Elven Warrior

Pippin and Treebeard

I ran across a whole mess of TTT preview picturea at TORn. Pretty cool stuff if not great quality Check this out:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ttt48.jpg (8.7 KB, 39 views)

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single sevice ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuosly, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Pailan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 02:09 PM   #130
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

Hey Tater, when is it my turn with Miranda?

I have a bootleg copy which I downloaded from Movielist website, it's annoying, having never seen it on the big screen.
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 02:41 PM   #131
eowyn144
Elven Warrior

speechless
Old 04-06-2002, 05:02 PM   #132
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Well, I don't know if this has been posted yet, on this thread, but you can download the trailer from here.

The clarity is quite good, but I haven't seen the original, so I wouldn't really know.

Last edited by BeardofPants : 04-06-2002 at 05:04 PM.
BeardofPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 11:07 PM   #133
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

CBG, wasnt it you that said downloading stuff like that is wrong?

edit: it made no sense, so i took it out.
Old 04-06-2002, 11:20 PM   #134
Liviaine
Elven Warrior

When I saw the movie for the 5th time, I saw the trailer. It went by really fast because I was so into it and was great.
Liviaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 01:12 AM   #135
Midgardsormen
Hobbit

That is the preview all right....but the quality is actually quite BAD.
If you want to see a short version (quite legal) which has much better quality, go to the address below. It is a Chinese TV ad, so there is a voiceover, and it is only about one minute, but it is wonderful if you want to see Pippin and Treebeard properly

http://www.orlandomultimedia.net

scroll to the right and click on download ( you have to click download two places)

Last edited by Midgardsormen : 04-07-2002 at 01:13 AM.
Midgardsormen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 10:13 AM   #136
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

I never sad downloading Trailers from the internet was bad, I said downloading Illegal content was bad.
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 11:21 AM   #137
arenya
Hobbit

Arwen Undomiel already in another thread....

this is already in a different thread but i'll post it here too. here is where you can see the new TTT trailer frame by frame (for the most part, i think a few may be missing) complete w/ captions.

BTW, the trailer pictures begin on pg 5 &6, but there are a few more scattered throughout the post.

click here http://pub108.ezboard.com/fthelotrmo...rt=81&stop=100

"I sit beside the fire and think/of people long ago,/ and people who will see a world/ that I shall never know./ But all the while I sit and think/of times there were before,/ I listen for returning feet/ and voices at the door." -Bilbo
arenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 12:29 PM   #138
Elf Girl
Lurker

oooooooh...aaaaaaah...oooooooh...aaaaaaah...must.. .see...trailer...must...see...trailer...
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 02:15 PM   #139
Halley_Brandybuck
Elven Warrior

I'll love you forever if anyone can change the format of that movie-list.com trailer to .mpeg (or whatever Windows Media Player will accept) because it doesn't seem to like the .mov that it already is

I am in search of an MPEG version of the trailer... if anyone finds one, let me know!

Do not meddle in the affairs of females for they are PMS-ing and quick to batter.

"He fears you Aragorn, and what you may become"

Two Towers in 6 months!
Halley_Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 02:51 PM   #140
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

<Self-edited to correct faulty memory>

"Where is the horse and the rider....
Where is the horn that was blowing...
They have passed like the wind upon the mountains
Like the rain upon the meadows...."

I nearly peed my pants......the trailer is SUCH a masterwork!!!!!! And you can bet there will be some real Oscars for the next two films. The acting is just going to keep getting better.

However, I cannot see Theoden without thinking of Father Jack Hackett of Craggy Island........

"Harses! Drrrrink! Girrrrllllsss!!!"
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.

Last edited by bropous : 04-08-2002 at 10:21 PM.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote