Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 05:38 PM   #1
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
I absolutely loathe living in Ann Arbor on football days. Traffic backs up from the stadium to US-23 and halfway to the Upper Peninsula too, I'll bet. The streets in my neighborhood, which are already packed too full on both sides with U of M students are more crowded than ever. Last weekend sombody parked in our driveway, for goodness sakes! I hate looking at Ann Arbor and seeing nothing but Michigan flags and the shiny tops of cars in people's yards for a dollar or ten. It's so impersonal, mechanical, unnatural, and it drives me up the wall.

Not to mention that I hated seeing Michigan State get beat today. I knew they'd lose - their team this year sucks, no offense - but I did want them to win anyways.

I also hate the time period between getting new glasses and getting used to them. I have 20/15 vision with my glasses on now, but it's taking some getting used to, breaking my old habits of slowly focusing on everything.

I hate school assignments for Health class. I'm supposed to record everything I eat for a twent-four hour period. Well, so now I'm making myself sick trying to come up with a list that actually has food on it so my teacher doesn't send me off for counseling. But I also want to prove to her I'm not one of those total sugar junkies, except I have lots of candy from Halloween (sorry, Aeryn, I guess I'm a snotty-nosed punk by your definiton) and would love to munch on some. I'm also mad at my mom for putting a limit on how much of the junk I can eat each day. Why didn't she do that three years ago when I could eat chocolate for hours? I can't do that anymore. I can't eat anything for hours anymore.
See though, candy doesn't fill me up at all and so it doesn't make me sick so fast as anyting else. Bummer.

I'm royally tired of the weather being cold. What's worst about it s that there's anoter month until it's winter and then there's three months of that. Yuck! I !@#$%^&*! hate winter. I like spring, fall, and summer but I can't stand winter. It gets too darn cold. I especially dread when it gets all grey and the snow gets really old and grey and slushy from being walked on. But it feels like winter in the nighttime now, since we've swapped out of summer hours and it's dark an hour earlier. I'm already sick of the cold grey skies.
It was snowing yesterday.

I still hate braces. And whatever other metal stuff they can put in my mouth, too, no exceptions.

I am most definitely against homework. It's miserable and pointless and unnecessarily time-consuming. Why don't we just work in class?

I hate weekends, too. I miss school. I miss my teacher. The only good thing about weekends is that I get to see Elenka sometimes (like this weekend. Yippee! Oh, sorry . . . forgot this is the venting thread) and that's good. But I hate sleeping in, and I hate waking up too. I think I have sleep apnea or whatever it's called because I never sleep well. I hate school and I love school, I hate weekends and I love weekends. Go figure.

I hate math class. Ebough said. I also hate math homework and tests that I have to make up in Math. Again, enough said.

I like rambling, but I get the idea other people hate it when I ramble. I will shut up now. Thank you!

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka

Last edited by Laurelyn : 11-02-2002 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-02-2002, 07:20 PM   #2
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
I also hate being a clumsy oaf and slicing my thumb a good one with a little saw thingermajiger. ouch.
i also hate that nobody makes band-aids for fingers.
and typing w/ less than 9 finger sux.

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka

Last edited by Laurelyn : 11-02-2002 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-02-2002, 07:43 PM   #3
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Laurelyn, I sympathise - that sounds like something I would do... In fact, I think I actually have sliced my finger. *Has a vague recollection of slicing the tip of index finger off on a meat slicer*
Old 11-02-2002, 07:55 PM   #4
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Grr. Hate missing my word quota for today. (National Novel Writing Month). Hate the fact that writing takes time away from mooting. Anyway. Am slightly annoyed at myself for eating waaay too much junkfood lately. Now shall most definitely become fat.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 11-02-2002, 09:34 PM   #5
what is the speed of dark
Sapling

hmmm. waht are my idiosyncrasies!? (fun word)

my brother. my sister. anyone taking my stuff. me not taking others stuff. food that is just totally gross. wait-does anything fit there? innywhoo, idiosyncrasies continues: broken necklaces. stupid boys. ugly boys. mean boys. boys who just happen to be an idiosyncrasy. popular people. peopole who care about popularity. anything along that liine. not having chocolate. people calling me a cow a week after i decided i felt like one. (not in the fat area, in the mind area. itell ya, i got problems.) people who don't get my problem(s). people who don't understand sarcasim. spelling. pronunciation. people telling my (still) boyfriend when i'm going to break up with him so i don't have an element of surprise. typos. etc.
Old 11-02-2002, 09:39 PM   #6
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Cirdan
After a while you get a hangover just thinking about drinking.
It gets worse????

I only drink because I have an overactive liver............well that's my excuse anyway

VENT: Fireworks display got cancelled .........and because of this my friends kids, who I was supposed to take to the display, have been a nightmare .........was glad when their mom came to pick them up .......now they are her 'nightmare' again

Beatallica
Old 11-02-2002, 10:33 PM   #7
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
It gets worse????

I only drink because I have an overactive liver............well that's my excuse anyway
Mine is quite the under achiever; some believe I am already dead.

Vent: I SICK of lying about waiting to get well. It's almost as bad as work.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 11-02-2002, 11:23 PM   #8
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Welcome to the Moot, what is the speed of dark! Oh, just a note, though: an idiosyncrasy is some quirk that you have, not something that you hate. Just for future reference.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 11-02-2002, 11:24 PM   #9
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
Originally posted by Cirdan

Vent: I SICK of lying about waiting to get well. It's almost as bad as work.
What?
Old 11-03-2002, 12:10 AM   #10
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Grrrrrr...I feel really stupid now. I thought I only had to write 726 words today, and I just discovered that I actually have to write 1726 words! Well...oh, and I just found out that one of my friends is using the name Nimue for her main character. That'd be fine, except that's the name of one of my main characters!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 11-03-2002, 09:42 AM   #11
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

I lost one of the best friends I've ever had in the early hours of this morning

She said that she has fallen in love with me and I was honest and said that "I loved her as a friend but I'm not in love with her " and so I got mail this morning that she is not going to keep in touch because she feels too strongly for me

Gods! I thought I was too old for all this stuff again (I'm 29). I'm gonna miss her

Today is not a good day

Gods, being honest sometimes really "£$%%^& stinks

Beatallica
Old 11-03-2002, 11:29 AM   #12
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
I lost one of the best friends I've ever had in the early hours of this morning

She said that she has fallen in love with me and I was honest and said that "I loved her as a friend but I'm not in love with her " and so I got mail this morning that she is not going to keep in touch because she feels too strongly for me

Gods! I thought I was too old for all this stuff again (I'm 29). I'm gonna miss her

Today is not a good day

Gods, being honest sometimes really "£$%%^& stinks
be a man and win back her friendship that what i allways do. dont be so defeatest
Old 11-03-2002, 12:58 PM   #13
durin's bane
Lady of Westernesse

I really, really hate math class. And my teacher hasn't been any help as well! She gives us two huge booklets full of decimal problems and says, "OK, these are due in three days. Better get to work." SHE doesn't have to do them. SHE has an answer key. SHE doesn't have to take the test that comes two days afterwards!
Old 11-03-2002, 01:38 PM   #14
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

I hate that the dryers in the laundry room never get my clothes dry! I refuse to pay a second time! because of this, my room very strongly resembles ... I don't know what it resembles, but I have clothes hanging from every hook, knob and doorframe, trying to get them dry. crud.
Old 11-03-2002, 03:46 PM   #15
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Sween
be a man and win back her friendship that what i allways do. dont be so defeatest
Not that simple, she is married with kids, she was gonna leave em for me.

Maybe if she gets her feelings sorted we'll be friends again, it's up to her tho', I'm having nothing to do with breaking up her family, if I can help it.

Beatallica
Old 11-03-2002, 03:57 PM   #16
mirrille
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by crickhollow
I hate that the dryers in the laundry room never get my clothes dry! I refuse to pay a second time! because of this, my room very strongly resembles ... I don't know what it resembles, but I have clothes hanging from every hook, knob and doorframe, trying to get them dry. crud.
Get a fold-up drying rack and screw the dryers! I hang all my clothes to dry. The dryers cost $1.50 in my apartment and I refuse to spend that money in the first place. You'll recover the cost of the rack after a few loads.
Old 11-03-2002, 05:56 PM   #17
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:

Maybe if she gets her feelings sorted we'll be friends again, it's up to her tho', I'm having nothing to do with breaking up her family, if I can help it.
hell she cannot be very happy. ild just make her be my mate by not brushing me teath when on dates thats dead effective
Old 11-03-2002, 06:28 PM   #18
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Sween
hell she cannot be very happy. ild just make her be my mate by not brushing me teath when on dates thats dead effective
lmao

Good advice there Sween

I was gonna post another vent on 'ere but you've cheered me up too much

I think I'll pop on the threads for a little Tolkieny-talk instead

Beatallica
Old 11-03-2002, 08:22 PM   #19
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by durin's bane
I really, really hate math class. And my teacher hasn't been any help as well! She gives us two huge booklets full of decimal problems and says, "OK, these are due in three days. Better get to work." SHE doesn't have to do them. SHE has an answer key. SHE doesn't have to take the test that comes two days afterwards!
I hate it when your loded with homework, it is so anoying, hey, I just rememberd that I have two projects due tomorow!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH, I ONLY DID PART OF THEM SO FAR!!!!! HELLP! DOSE ANYONE KNOW WHER i CAN GET PICTS. OF PAPER CRANES AND A BLACK MARKER, THAT I CAN TAKE OFF OF THE INTERNET AND USE! OH YA, AND I ALSO HAVE MAP SKILLS, MATH, AND CURRENT EVENTS! Thanks for reminding me!

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
Old 11-03-2002, 08:37 PM   #20
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Quote:

Well, I don't think it would be smart to "win her back" if she would leave her CHILDREN for you. Think about them man.

Coney it is sad yes, but her responsibilty is to her kids, if she wanted to run around "having fun", or "have a life" (Ahem, to the parents here, I am not saying your "lifeless" just commenting on when you have kids, your life is them) She shouldn't have had children.

This one is deactivated, I think.
Closed Thread