Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-02-2003, 05:48 PM   #1321
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by RÃ*an
1) I think this thread is not just a "this is my opinion" thread, tho. It started as a continuation of a discussion that was going on between Anduril and me that was starting to take over another thread, then when questions arose from other people as a result of the discussion, it pretty much turned into a thread for discussing questions that people have about Christianity. Since I happen to have been a Christian the longest of anyone on Entmoot that I know of, it kinda makes sense for people to ask me, personally, which they often do (just as I would ask YOU, Ruinel, if I had a question about Finrod )
I don't mean any offense to you, RÃ*an, but I did not get the impression that this thread was designed for people to 'ask questions about Christianity', nor particularly ask those questions of you. If you want a thread designed as a place for people to post questions to you about Christianity, why not open a thread specifically for that purpose.

Also, you didn't answer my question. Long post though, but, alas, no answer.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 05:55 PM   #1322
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Don't be impatient, Ru. Remember, Rian has a husband, kids, and laundry! (not to mention in-laws at the moment ) You don't think she wants to spend all of her 'Moot time in religious discussion, do you?

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 06:01 PM   #1323
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
Don't be impatient, Ru. Remember, Rian has a husband, kids, and laundry! (not to mention in-laws at the moment ) You don't think she wants to spend all of her 'Moot time in religious discussion, do you?
She should ignore all those people and spend her time Mooting with us.
Old 06-02-2003, 06:05 PM   #1324
Gwaimir Windgem

Not a bad idea.... (But then again, they ARE her family...)

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 06-02-2003, 06:05 PM   #1325
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Ruinel - you're right, I have not yet answered your question! No cuts in line for you, girl! Right now, you're behind EG, IP and Hobbit, who have all specifically directed questions to me. That's why I offered to PM you when it's your "turn"!

(ps - anyone is free to offer any opinion on any topic at any time - I, personally, just like to work sequentially on questions asked of me.)

Please re-read my post - I said it STARTED as a carry-over discussion with Anduril, and has TURNED INTO kind of a questions-about-Christianity type thread. Since the original discussion with Anduril is now finished, the thread-starter, who just happens to be ME ) has no problem with this "evolution" In fact, she has enjoyed it immensely - she rather likes intelligent discussion and thought-provoking QUESTIONS (do you think that I fit into your "you can't ask questions in religions" mold?)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 06-02-2003 at 06:07 PM.
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 06:10 PM   #1326
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
She should ignore all those people and spend her time Mooting with us.
(hee hee!)

Naw, I actually like them quite a bit, and we don't see them very often, but believe me, I'm looking forward to more Moot time when they're gone

Also, I like running around the house in my skivvies when the kids are at school, and this can be rather difficult with your in-laws around .... So much cooler when you're working in that hot laundry room!

(and my v. nice mother-in-law is actually doing my laundry FOR me at this very moment! What a sweetie! Go mom!)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 06-02-2003, 06:12 PM   #1327
Gwaimir Windgem

Wow......nice in-laws...you really are blessed.

Why do I have this feeling I don't want to know what skivvies are?

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 06-02-2003, 06:19 PM   #1328
Rían

1) - yup!

2) - just slang for underwear .... or less!

Old 06-02-2003, 06:20 PM   #1329
Gwaimir Windgem

Eep! I said I didn't want to know!

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 06-02-2003, 06:32 PM   #1330
Ruinel
Banned

RÃ*an, I mean no offense to you. However, if you have decided to change the thread then change the title and edit the first post. It gives a different impression as to the purpose of this thread. It says nothing about it being a thread for you to answer questions on Christianity. And the title is also misleading. I really don't have any questions about Christianity other than the one I posed to you. And if this thread truely has been changed to a thread for RÃ*an to answer questions on Christianity then I don't have any reason to post here anymore. *shrugs* I'll just wait for that answer and spend my time elsewhere.

BTW: isn't it great running around in your skivvies (or less) in your own place.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:57 PM   #1331
Rían

Quote:
RÃ*an, I mean no offense to you.
I know

Quote:
However, if you have decided to change the thread then change the title and edit the first post.
(Ruinel does not know me well enough to know that this is the wrong tack to take with me ... I DO NOT LIKE being told what to do!)
*dangerous glint in eyes*
No, thank you

Quote:
gives a different impression as to the purpose of this thread. It says nothing about it being a thread for you to answer questions on Christianity. And the title is also misleading. I really don't have any questions about Christianity other than the one I posed to you. And if this thread truely has been changed to a thread for RÃ*an to answer questions on Christianity then I don't have any reason to post here anymore. *shrugs* I'll just wait for that answer and spend my time elsewhere.
Nah, I think the title is still appropriate - we're just in an offshoot of an offshoot now. And as I said, anyone can post anything at anytime, it just TENDS to be people asking the Christians some questions about Christianity. People are free to ask people about other religions, too, and we can discuss those questions. My goodness! Don't hang around unless you WANT to! I enjoy intelligent discussion with you, but it's up to you - if you're not interested in the topics, I certainly wouldn't want you to stay around.

I think I will consider editing the first post, though - that's a good idea *thinks about it*

Quote:
BTW: isn't it great running around in your skivvies (or less) in your own place.
Yeah!!! *can't wait!!*

Last edited by Rían : 06-02-2003 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:58 PM   #1332
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
(Ruinel does not know me well enough to know that this is the wrong tack to take with me ... I DO NOT LIKE being told what to do!)
*dangerous glint in eyes*
No, thank you
I'm just making a suggestion to clarify the purpose of this thread. If it is no longer what the title and first post say it is, then it should be changed to make it clear to those who might want those questions answered. Or, are you afraid the thread will die?
Old 06-02-2003, 10:36 PM   #1333
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

And again I missed a lot. . .

Thanks for answering that question, Rian. I think it makes sense so far, I can understand what you're saying. Not to say that I agree but hey we like Free Will, don't we? *grin*

Oh, and thanks, I'm glad you liked my post on Free Will. Oh, but unless of course the whole Free Will thing is an illusion, and various stuff to make points and all. . .but that would something else entirely. Alternately, our fates could all be predestined by our genetics and whatnot...um...right, stopping now

Well, I'll come back and write more, because you've raised some more questions for me but hey I'd like to hear more, this is quite interesting. Still forming thoughts *can hear the whir of gears*

Oh, and Rian, say hi to your in-laws for me! Oh wait, that might be a little wierd..."hey, this strange girl I know from an online message board wanted me to say hi to you for her..."

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 10:45 PM   #1334
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

here is a thought: maybe we all have free will because we can think whatever the helck we want because there is no god! :P

a lot easier and makes a lot more sense.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 10:56 PM   #1335
Rían

Quote:
[B]I'm just making a suggestion to clarify the purpose of this thread.
I know, and that's why I put the *dangerous glint* in - to show I was joking around a bit
But really, I DON"T like being told what to do. Polite requests are fine, but if you read the early parts of the thread, you'll see I got quite miffed (and properly so, IMO) at Anduril when he tried to dictate to me. It's just that I'm a bit snarky now, because, um, well, Ihaven'tbeenabletorunaroundinmyskivvies!

Quote:
Or, are you afraid the thread will die?
No, not at all! I enjoy it, but I also enjoy when it's NOT lively, 'cause it's a lot of work! It seems to go for awhile, then stop for awhile, then go again.

Last edited by Rían : 06-02-2003 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:59 PM   #1336
Rían

Quote:
Originally posted by HOBBIT
here is a thought: maybe we all have free will because we can think whatever the helck we want because there is no god! :P
*hopes sincerely she will not end up in helck*

Old 06-02-2003, 11:02 PM   #1337
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

well excuse me for thinking that you might get offended if i say HELL

HELL
HELL
HELL
HELL
HELL
HELL
HELL
HELL
HELL
HELL
HELL

:P

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 11:20 PM   #1338
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

So, um, why are we all going vaguely downwards in this basket-like contraption?

Well, we could all be living in the Matrix...but to some extent that could be considered Free Will.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 11:44 PM   #1339
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
I know, and that's why I put the *dangerous glint* in - to show I was joking around a bit
But really, I DON"T like being told what to do. Polite requests are fine, but if you read the early parts of the thread, you'll see I got quite miffed (and properly so, IMO) at Anduril when he tried to dictate to me. It's just that I'm a bit snarky now, because, um, well, Ihaven'tbeenabletorunaroundinmyskivvies!
It was a polite request, but really only a suggestion. You know I would not make demands nor dictate to you.

snarky!? wow, I hope I don't catch that! Sounds very serious. *takes off clothes and runs around house naked... just to be sure* WWWOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Oh, HOBBIT: 'hell' ...hehehehee
Old 06-03-2003, 12:19 AM   #1340
Rían

Hobbit - I just thought it sounded really funny! It wasn't a typo, was it? I thought you did it on purpose, and it was very funny sounding.

Ruinel - I'm SOOOOO jealous! Take a lap for me, wouldja?

EG - Is Matrix worth seeing?

Last edited by Rían : 06-03-2003 at 12:21 AM.