Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2002, 08:32 PM   #1281
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

sorry, you sickies - I was sick as a dog *woof!* 2 weekends ago with a sinus infection. It's so hard trying to get things done when you're healthy, it's really irritating to get sick and have them stack up while you're laying in bed feeling awful.

I HATE PAPERWORK! It's been accumulating again, and I absolutely have to tackle it tonight!! Argh!

Eärniel, what a bummer about the practical, and it's so darn hard to have to go with "your hat in your hand" to ask a favor of some strangers who are totally not interested. Yuck. Do others have their companies yet? You've thrown so many nice chocolate bars from over there, would you like some from America? *throws over some chocolate bars that are still in the house, left over from the STUPID SCHOOL CANDYSALE FUNDRAISER (but are actually pretty yummy )* (and I've only gained 3 pounds this year during the candysale, not 5 or so like usual - less to take off by Christmas!)

And BoP, how's the new job?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 10-25-2002 at 08:33 PM.
Old 10-25-2002, 11:14 PM   #1282
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Stupid bloody webpage not working...argh! *hits geocities over the head with a hammer* Anyone know of any good, cheap page hoster thingummys?
-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 10-25-2002, 11:56 PM   #1283
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
Whoa! This thread is really, really popular! Now, as for my complaint. I have a very accute case of writer's block and bad speling. I suppose I'm not alone there, though.
Old 10-26-2002, 02:23 AM   #1284
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Today was officially a bitch of a day. I was going down the road to visit the doctors when I tripped on the side of the curb (being feverish, my concentration wasn't exactly very high). I tried to stop falling on my hands and shin by vainly peddaling my legs to regain my balance, but alas, all I succeeded in doing was smacking the side of my head on the corner of the building... Once I had bounced off and rolled down onto the pavement, I clutched at my poor aching bloody head, while my boyfriend was clutching at me. Ironies, eh? On the way to the doctor, and then I bang myself up. Well, the story doesn't end there, of course. We hobbled to the doctors, with the BF hanging on to me, since I was all in shock, and bleeding, and dizzy, and we get there, only to realise that they've moved!!! Anyway, to cut a long story short, we made it to the accident and emergency clinic in a taxi - red lights all the way, and when we got there, we had to wait because some old cow was rowing with the receptionist, even though I was bleeding all down the side of my face - I now have stitches in my head, and a blasted bandage. *sigh* So much for avoiding going to the doctors during work hours, cos now I have to go back on thursday to have them out. Oh, and it was the first day of the long weekend.
Old 10-26-2002, 02:27 AM   #1285
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Now THAT was a bad day

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 10-26-2002, 03:00 AM   #1286
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Tell me about it.
Old 10-26-2002, 05:02 AM   #1287
Rían

oowwww- it's 2:00 in the morning, and I'm up with a stomachache! *groan* and I have to do the yucky soccer game and school carnival tomorrow (uh, today ) - I'm going to be an absolute zombie! ooww!! I think I'll try to read a little....

Old 10-26-2002, 03:09 PM   #1288
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Two papers to write today. I guess I won't be going outside much *crick feels sorry for herself, so she reads back through the last page of posts, and ends up feeling sorry for BoP*
Old 10-26-2002, 07:55 PM   #1289
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

BoP, if it makes you fill any better, about 11 months ago, I was playing with construction and something happend, wich I would give you the details of, but I hate to think about the pane and the stupidity that was involved. Anyways, I was then rushed to the emergency room at the hospital that my insurence will paye for. My leg was dangaling, because 2 bones were broken, and the main that conects your leg with your ankle, or some bone like that, was not conected. My other bone was fracterd. They druged me up, but it made no diffrence, it still hurt. I ended crying my self to sleep, while waithing to have an operation, the docter at the moment while I was crying and sleeping was talking to my mom, and telling her that they may have to amputate my leg. My dad came one and a half hourse to see me in my pour state (my parents are divorsed, and he lives in a diffrent state). Finally, whene I woke up, they were rolling me down the hall to some room. They then, in all of my confusion and pain, put a mask up to my face, told me to take 5 deep breaths, and promised that I would then be out of pane for a while. So, after they had finally pute me to sleep, they did an operation, and were able to conect my bones, if that had falled, then I would be sitting in a wheel shair with one leg right now. They then found out that my other leg was both fracterd and sprained, and thus, I would have to be in wheel chair for 7 weeks. After 7 weeks, I was pute on cruches, and that was on January 10, 2002. I was then on cruches for 5 weeks.

But, there is hope that good will come out of your accident, my accident caused me to become obssessd with LOTR. On that January 10th, the person that was taking ceer of my while mom was at worked, wanted to celebrate my new discorvery of 2 sticks and a leg with no free arms by taking me to eather the mail to eat, or to go and see a movie. I rarely ever see movies in the theater, so I picked the movie. And what happend to be playing at the time? What happend to be a movie that I heard was really good, and was intrested in seeing? You got it: The Lord of the Rings. So, just remember, what ever state you are in, good maye still come from it. I happend to get to see a movie, as a reward for my stupidity, pain, and living on 4 wheels for 7 weeks, so who knows what good will come out of your accident?

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
Old 10-26-2002, 08:01 PM   #1290
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Oh Sam. That sounds like it was such a terrible ordeal for you. Glad you made it through alright.
Old 10-26-2002, 08:05 PM   #1291
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Thanks. Hope everything works out for you also!

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
Old 10-26-2002, 11:03 PM   #1292
Rûdhaglarien
Elven Warrior

I love how after my stupid sister kicks me off the internet, checks her mail, then lets me back on... FOD won't f*cking work!!
*MER!!*
Old 10-27-2002, 12:36 AM   #1293
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

I hope you feel better soon, BoP. Hmm, I don't have much to vent about. I have an exam on Wednesday (fluid dynamics - ugh), I better start studying. I was breath tested by the police while driving today - luckily I hadn't drunk any alcohol. Oh, yeah, daylight savings started today - I missed out on an hours sleep.

Last edited by cassiopeia : 10-27-2002 at 12:38 AM.
Old 10-27-2002, 12:41 AM   #1294
Dussander
Enting

Day light savings? Crap! I didn't remember that...dam...wait then it's not 11:43...or ...maybe the computer changes itself?....

( I !!SHALL!! remain calm!)

In the end, we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends - Martin Luther King Jr.

Do or do not, there is no 'try'. - Yoda

Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Plato

In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkeness, and the darkness comprehendeth it not - KJV. John 1:4-5
Old 10-27-2002, 12:51 AM   #1295
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

Yeah, I'm gonna stay up till two so I can watch the computer time change.

Vent: That will be the highlight of my day.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 10-27-2002, 02:05 AM   #1296
Dussander
Enting

Vent: It will be the distraction of my day.

In the end, we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends - Martin Luther King Jr.

Do or do not, there is no 'try'. - Yoda

Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Plato

In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkeness, and the darkness comprehendeth it not - KJV. John 1:4-5
Old 10-27-2002, 01:10 PM   #1297
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

I disliked watching a friend of mine puke in a sink. Not good. I must admit his incoherant ramblings were amusing.

And the lesson is-double shots of cheap of rye are a bad idea, especially if you throw back a half-dozen in an hour. I don't hate drinking-but I hate dumb irresponsible drinking. I think it has some to do with work-the harder you work in class, the more you need to escape from reality for a while.
Old 10-27-2002, 01:52 PM   #1298
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Oooh...sympathy to everyone!
Things are going okay....my only vent is that I'm currently growing up and I don't want to. Rargh.
-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 10-27-2002, 05:23 PM   #1299
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Agggghhhh. I just found out that Paul McCartney has cancelled his concert because of the Bali bombings apparently. Well, Sir Paul, I can tell you that you can go to hell. I'm sorry but I was really excited about this concert so I'm going ramble on for a bit. Sir Paul, Johns songs rule over your crap. Ha Ha. Strawberry Fields rules over Hey Jude. You always were the vain, lucky and pig-headed Beatle. I refuse to listen to you songs from now on. John always was my favorite Beatle. You suck, Sir Paul. Get a life, freak.
Old 10-27-2002, 05:32 PM   #1300
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I understand your pain, Cass. But I don't blame him either, given that cells are suspected to be in Aussie.