Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 01:01 AM   #1261
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
Hey! I've got ideas, just not many on Beren and Luthien. I got plenty of ideas for Tears Unnumbered.(or, should i say, Beers Unnumbered)

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 02-21-2004, 07:27 AM   #1262
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Willow Oran
Braver than you think. Tano's right though, we do need someone new, we're running out of ideas, much as it grieves me to say it.
Are we running out of ideas? I didn't know that, I thought we were just running out of enthousiasm.

There is what, still a handfull of us posting? That is very little compared to our cast we had in the middle of LoTR. So why are the people we still have not posting? Is it the lack of time? No inspiration? I don't know. Maybe we do need some new blood.
Old 02-21-2004, 02:07 PM   #1263
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

If I may make so bold, I think you all are actually just going through a periodic dip in posting. As one who has VERY recently read through your entire discussion thread, I've noticed points with posts along these lines before... and it always perks up. *does looooong double take, and starts nodding very rapidly* On the other hand, maybe you really do need someone new - can I join up?

P.S. It didn't take much bravery to read them... they're very very funny. And you are all totally, completely, and utterly insane. But that's a good thing where I come from.
Old 02-21-2004, 07:00 PM   #1264
Earniel

Thanks for your encouraging words, CC. And you're welcome to the TLA. Now all we have to do is find a decent spot to get you in.

Quote:
Originally posted by Count Comfect
And you are all totally, completely, and utterly insane. But that's a good thing where I come from.
Good to hear we haven't lost our touch.

I trust the 'count' in your screen name signifies that you're a boy?
Old 02-21-2004, 07:07 PM   #1265
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

Yes, I am a boy. At least, last I checked. SOME people I know in this group seem to keep wanting me to play girls...
And thank you very much. Good to hear someone I didn't already know say I can join.
Old 02-21-2004, 08:24 PM   #1266
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Well, you would be funnier as Juliet than me. (Wow, that grammar was terrible...) And humor is what it's all about.

I'd post, but I haven't read much of the Sil and I really don't know what else happens at this point.

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 02-22-2004, 08:33 AM   #1267
Earniel

Quote:
Yes, I am a boy.
I thought so but I wanted to be sure. We haven't had many boys in the TLA yet. They usually go mad after a while.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanoliel
I'd post, but I haven't read much of the Sil and I really don't know what else happens at this point.
*grabs Tanoliel by her collar, puts her in a room with no windows, shoves a copy of the Silmarillion in her hands and a handful of chocolate bars. Then locks the door with Tano inside.*
You're not coming out until you read it through, missy!
Old 02-23-2004, 12:30 AM   #1268
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
I thought so but I wanted to be sure. We haven't had many boys in the TLA yet. They usually go mad after a while. ]

Ja, no kidding. But I wouldn't worry. County Comfection is entirely mad already, aren't you?
Yeah. He is. So no worries.

Quote:
*grabs Tanoliel by her collar, puts her in a room with no windows, shoves a copy of the Silmarillion in her hands and a handful of chocolate bars. Then locks the door with Tano inside.*
You're not coming out until you read it through, missy!
Meeep! No windows! *sulks* Fne. I'll read it eventually! I'm in the middle of the beginning of the end of my senior year of highschool! Stress and lack of time are constant companions! *meebles away, hugging Sil to her*

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 02-23-2004, 01:04 AM   #1269
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

Mad? Why, yes I am. Thought that was plain enough already without me saying that. I mean, I want to join you guys... think about it.
And Tano, you now have no excuse to not read, since you are done with college apps!
Question: since the next thing that happens in the Tolkien version is the Carcharoth/Beren showdown, can I do Carcharoth (who doesn't appear to have ..er... appeared)?
Old 02-23-2004, 01:15 PM   #1270
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Hmmm...we could do some very fun stuff with Carcaroth, however, we've also still got Turin...and Tuor...so you have some options!
Old 02-23-2004, 05:27 PM   #1271
Earniel

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanoliel
Meeep! No windows! *sulks* Fne. I'll read it eventually! I'm in the middle of the beginning of the end of my senior year of highschool! Stress and lack of time are constant companions! *meebles away, hugging Sil to her*
The beginning of the end... How dramatic. Don't worry Tano, I won't lock you up but it would be nice if you knew the Sil well enough to write on the RPG. But no need in stressing you overmuch.

Quote:
Question: since the next thing that happens in the Tolkien version is the Carcharoth/Beren showdown, can I do Carcharoth (who doesn't appear to have ..er... appeared)?
Well I just posted an intro to Carcharoth... or Countaroth? So if you want to do the big puppy, be my guest. We'll just have to work our way around you dying soon because otherwise, you'll have a very short TLA-career.

For everybody else- I brought Mr. Nelson in again, now he may be a little more suspicious and might realise there may be some people from his own time around too. (That be us, if I'm not mistaken, the memory is turning a little fuzzy once in a while) Just creating a little suspense.

As usual: will edit if somebody doesn't agree.
Old 02-23-2004, 07:33 PM   #1272
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

As you can probably see, decided not to actually BE Carcharoth, just write him/it in. It would be awfully awkward to die about 3 posts after appearing.
Old 02-24-2004, 01:13 AM   #1273
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
u can die and then come back, about 50 people have done that.

last time i checked, the ones still posting are me, CC, FF, Earniel, tano, and willow. Can some of you guys go and wake up all the other Seattleites? That would bring a couple of people back into the game.

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 02-24-2004, 01:41 AM   #1274
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
For everybody else- I brought Mr. Nelson in again, now he may be a little more suspicious and might realise there may be some people from his own time around too. (That be us, if I'm not mistaken, the memory is turning a little fuzzy once in a while) Just creating a little suspense.
Whoo! Finally someone's using the plot! It's a miracle!

*twirls off laughing insanely*
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 02-24-2004, 04:38 AM   #1275
Earniel

Glad you liked it Willow.

Don't say your cat is named Jinx too!
Old 02-24-2004, 02:52 PM   #1276
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
Mr. Nelson is going to become my sworn enemy right now. Bringing guns into Middle Earth. Bastard.

The reason I haven't been posting is that my charactor is DEAD! Oh well, that's never stopped me before. See ya later.

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Old 02-24-2004, 04:51 PM   #1277
Earniel

You died? I was thinking Sauronkatt had gotten away alive after the show down with the giant chihuahua.

Yes, Mr. Nelson is some nasty piece of work but with the proper nudging, he might become an interesting villain.... We haven't had a decent enemy since the Smaugettes.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:12 PM   #1278
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
Oh, whatever. I got away. Something.

MR. NELSON is gonna get it from me when he's finally defeated. Only evil can give evil what it so rightiously deserves.

Muah ha ha!!!!! (Five exclamation points. The sure sign of a deranged mind)

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Old 02-24-2004, 07:48 PM   #1279
Arcala
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Christiana
u can die and then come back, about 50 people have done that.

last time i checked, the ones still posting are me, CC, FF, Earniel, tano, and willow. Can some of you guys go and wake up all the other Seattleites? That would bring a couple of people back into the game.
Hey, wait a nanosecond! I'm still posting!

...just don't have any Carcharoth ideas.....

By the way, welcome to the TLA Count Comfect! The world of the pink fluffy bunnies, dead people who aren't really dead, strange plot twists, and chocolate-crazy-people awaits. Have fun.
Stay in bed, float up stream (float up stream)

Please, don't wake me, no, don't shake me
Leave me where I am - I'm only sleeping

Everybody seems to think I'm lazy
I don't mind, I think they're crazy
Running everywhere at such a speed
Till they find there's no need (there's no need)

Please, don't spoil my day, I'm miles away
And after all I'm only sleeping..."

-from the Beatles' I'm Only Sleeping
Old 02-24-2004, 09:13 PM   #1280
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

My cat is named Jinx too. He's a adorably demonic little feline who likes to think people's hands are mice, catches birds and spreads feather all over the place, and attacks the feet of whoever is unlucky enough to get up first. (Which is why I never get up before 6:00 to do homework... )

What's your Jinx like?
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Closed Thread