Old 10-23-2002, 07:18 PM   #1261
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Must be nice to have siblings

This one is deactivated, I think.
Old 10-23-2002, 07:36 PM   #1262
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Hey - HobbitChick - good luck on the cheerleader thing. If you want it, do it. If you become one, hey presto! You'll have proved 'em all wrong.

VEnt:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH! (thank you. I apologize to how annoying that must be; but geesh, it's satisfying)

Somebody help me!
And I thought I'd been stressed out for Auditions! Ai!
Okay . . . anyone who read my thread will know that I have a song to finish, polish, whatnot, and record by Saturday. And I'm so far behind! But I want so much to have this go well. I really do- they'll all be listening and they all know I'm planning to do this. I just have to finish it!
But oh, how the hell do people concoct accompaniments? How? I'm so worried. I'd promised myself. I'm a fool thrice over and several more times besides. My friends are all rooting for me, and a wider and wider circle of people know what's going on. They'll ask me at the party on Saturday if I've finished it. I want to tell them yes, I have! I want to be proud of the completed version. I want there to be a completed version.
And then I wanted to surprise my teacher. I think she may have caught on that I'm up to something - I don't know. I haven't really mentioned it to her because I'm a bit nervous of what she'll think. Me, writing *gasp* a half-pop-half-altern-rock-slightly-NewAge-based song that is, no less, constructed off something she's overseen in the life of me and my friends?
And I'm stuck on the accomp.
If I could get that done I'd be made in the shade, but I'm freakin' stuck!
*sighs*
*falls into despair*

Thanks for letting me vent. That helped a lot.

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Old 10-23-2002, 07:57 PM   #1263
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

cheerleader. interesting.

you know what makes me really mad?? even after 3 people moved out we still have too much stuff for how little our house is and so we rented one of those storage buildings and you know what?? somebody broke into it!! they looked through everything and it looked like they threw a box that had breakable stuff in it cause it was upside down and all smushed. but thankfully they didn't take anything I think they were looking for stuff they could sale cause they took someone elses antique furniture. anyway it just makes me made that somebody would do that.
Old 10-23-2002, 08:05 PM   #1264
Rûdhaglarien
Elven Warrior

Why is my backpack so heavy if I don't have any homework??

Dad. Blah.
Old 10-23-2002, 10:36 PM   #1265
HobbitChick88
Elven Warrior

Laurelyn: Good luck with your song! I hope it turns out the way you want it.
Elven Archer: Are you serious? That's terrible! I'm glad they didn't take anything of yours!

Thanks for the support guys . I'm trying not to pay attention to what other people think of me and my interests, but it really doesn't seem to be working . But I'm gonna try out anyways .

"And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whose you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
-Joshua 24:15

Step follows step,
Hope follows courage.
Set your face toward danger
Set your heart on victory!

"Where is Elizabeth?"
"She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington just like she promised, and you get to die for her just like you promised. So we're all men of our word, really....except for Elizabeth who is, in fact, a woman."
~Will Turner and Jack Sparrow, POTC

fROdO LIVeS!!!!
Old 10-24-2002, 01:58 AM   #1266
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I'm sorry, but why do you want to be an empty-headed wind-up barbie?

Well, last night I order thai takeout, and when I got it, it had CHICKEN in it, even though I specified TWICE that I wanted tofu. No problem. 10pm I get my second order; again CHICKEN. Around that point I decided to give up. Who's hungry at that time of the night anyway?
Old 10-24-2002, 09:46 AM   #1267
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
BoP:
Who's hungry at that time of the night anyway?
Hehehehehehehehehe.

^
_l_

Sinister laugh.

Last edited by Andúril : 10-24-2002 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-24-2002, 03:26 PM   #1268
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

Laurelyn, I wish you every kind of luck that I don't have, and when you add that up, you will probably be the luckiest person on Earth.

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Old 10-24-2002, 07:00 PM   #1269
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Thanx for the luck, guys. It means a lot that you'd care.

Only . . . Saturday is probably higly wishful thinking, at this rate, and I'm being slowly dragged down. My mom doesn't think I can do it, my friends at school don't think I can do it . . . an logistically there's no way I can. Depressing, but very true.

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Old 10-24-2002, 09:04 PM   #1270
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

I THINK YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Sympathy to everyone...so much awful stuff.

My vent: I've got another bloody cold. It's squishing my head into a black hole, I can't think, I'm slowly being turned into a zombie, and my nose is stuffed fuller than a feather mattress. And my hand hurts, although that has nothing to do with the cold.
Am still suffering Artist's Complex. Waaaah! Margo, why do you have to be so GOOD?!?

-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 10-25-2002, 12:43 AM   #1271
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Oh yes, I'm coming down with the flu. First day at work on monday, I managed to catch a co-workers bugs. Yay.
Old 10-25-2002, 02:08 AM   #1272
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I phoned in sick today after getting so little sleep from work 2 nights ago. Couldn't get up and had a splitting headache.

Plus, it's a friday today. Long weekend, I guess...

YAY! Ooops, forgot this is the venting thread. Darned

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Old 10-25-2002, 06:15 AM   #1273
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Thanks, Tano.

Hey, everybody: Get well soon!

Old 10-25-2002, 06:15 AM   #1274
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

I hate the fact that I am guily of self-deception.

I bought a TV because I thought it was hectic. It's not widescreen, but then again, SA doesn't exactly have a widescren market atm.

Anyway, I heard of this little thing called HDTV. SA don't got it, but it sounds like we might in the not to distant future.

Anyway, the TV that I bought has 1440 horizontal pixels, and 1250 vertical pixels. That's quite a bit.

Anyway, so I was reading up about HDTV, and I found out that one of the formats is 1080i (1080 horizontal lines -- interlaced scan mode). I then remembered that my TV has 1250 horizontal lines, so I thought "Yay! I gots myself an HDTV!"

Unfortunately, the 1080i HDTV standard also involves 1920 (I think) vertical lines. I only found that out a couple days ago. And since my TV has only 1440, it ain't no HDTV.

I should have realized this before, though, seeing as HDTV is a widescreen-only application (methinks).

Therefore, I deceived myself into thinking that I had an HDTV, when in actuality I did not. My final conclusion is that I hate the fact that I am guilty of self-deception.

That is all. Thank you.
Old 10-25-2002, 08:07 AM   #1275
Rûdhaglarien
Elven Warrior

I should be doing mee biology homework right now, as I have a test in there today and this is a study hall. But, no. I'm on one of the computers... in the library... with a wrench.... Doing absolutely nothing.

Oh, and mee computer at home lost all of my Lit. Homework about three or four times last night, so I had to redo it AGAIN this morn.
Old 10-25-2002, 12:06 PM   #1276
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

I hate how crappy my English mark is, despite the effort I put into it. Oh well, on to the next essay I suppose.
Old 10-25-2002, 01:37 PM   #1277
sun-star
Lady of Letters

I'm annoyed because the other day I posted in the happy thread about how it was half term and I was going away and I was all excited, and now that's not happening. For no reason. It just 'isn't'. And even though I have the week off, I have five essays to do (one in German!) and lots of History questions, and I'm beginning to think I'm taking too many A-levels. And I hate General Studies. And I was getting one of my exam grades from last year re-marked because it was lower than I expected, and they didn't change it
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.
Old 10-25-2002, 05:51 PM   #1278
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

GRRRRRRRRR! Dave's hard disc crashed which means we'll only have one internetcomputer for the time being. Normally that shouldn't be any problem at all if it wasn't weekend! Now my sister is home and she practically lives on the internet which means my posting here will decrease drastically for this weekend because she'll be at the computer constantly. And she has this mean method of working on the computer and at the same time posting on her messageboard. Which means I'll have no valid reason to demand use of the computer! She had the computer from 16.00 to 23.15 today and she stillcomplains for having to hand him over so I could read my mail!

Also I hate that the notes and the book of Spanish are once again SOLD OUT! Gah! Back to the fotocopier. Now I can copy the book just fine but I have to borrow the notes from another student to copy. The thing is I don't KNOW anyone from the class I take Spanish in so there is no way I can copy the notes before the next lesson and I already missed last lesson because of an excursion. And I only just started!

I'm also STILL without a company for my practical. So there is no way I can do the practical in the autumn holiday (next week) as I had hoped. The only good thing is that I now got a week to find one.

*continues to ramble on how life seems to hate her for this month*
Old 10-25-2002, 06:13 PM   #1279
TinuvielChild
Padawan

I felt sooo stupid after my study sixth period today...I fell asleep, as I usually do in study hall, after I had finished all my work, but I didn't wake up when the bell rang. Someone woke me up after everyone else had left. I was so humiliated!

Oh well, it's a Friday and that means I get to sleep in until 9:30 tomorrow! Whoop de doo. Oh, and I'm so nervous about the ABT auditions for Giselle! I hope I get in...*crosses fingers and hopes for the best*

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 10-25-2002, 08:22 PM   #1280
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

TC - OMGoodness, GISELLE! Wow! Good luck!!! What part are you trying for? One of the Wilis? (sp?) I once saw an ABT performance of Giselle with Baryshnikov and Gelsey Kirkland - WOW! She is my absolute favorite female dancer of all time - I'm so bummed she got messed up with drugs. She was spellbinding to watch. Have you ever seen her?

Laurelyn - wow, how ambitious - good luck! That does really seem like 2 totally different skills, and I can see how someone (definitely NOT me ) could compose a song, but have trouble with the accompianament (see, I can't even SPELL the darn thing!) Well, let us know, you two artists you.

VENT - I have to work at the STUPID SCHOOL CARNIVAL tomorrow! Arg! It's either that or pay $65 for my son's 6th grade camp transportation costs. Sneaky!! They get people to work that way - transportation is free if you work at the carnival, otherwise it's $65! EXTORTION! It's gonna be really cold, tomorrow, too. My only hope is that the darn thing gets rained out!!! (which is actually a good possibility.... )

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Closed Thread