Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 01:25 AM   #1241
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I'm so, so sorry, cass ... I send my sympathy to you ...

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-21-2002, 03:16 AM   #1242
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

I'm sad for you, cass.
Old 10-21-2002, 04:44 AM   #1243
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
Originally posted by cassiopeia
Something really really awful just happened. I am still shaking. Two people have been shot dead at my university and a few people injured. I was at Uni at the time, but luckily in a lecture on the other side of campus. I just called my Mum and she was full on crying. Anyway, I just felt I had to vent this, its hard to type, my hands are shaking. This is so scary, just last week the bombing in Bali and now this. I think the world has gone crazy. Luckily I'm OK.
That is appaling. I'm so sorry Cass. *sympathy* You can tell the world has gone crazy when this kind of thing happens. People are just not nice. *continues to rant about the wrongness of the human race, but spares you all from it*

I hope you're okay.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 10-21-2002, 06:02 AM   #1244
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Oh, cassiopeia!

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Old 10-21-2002, 06:15 AM   #1245
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Hang in there cass. Me and my brothers have been told by my mom and our relatives to avoid buses and trains for the time being; to stick to cabs even though it's a little more expensive what with the bomb that struck a bus last friday night that killed 3 people and injured 20.

Everyone's used to bag searches in all the malls here since the first one exploded almost 2 yrs ago but now we're even afraid unless they've got canine sniffers with the guards and watchers in the restrooms (they say you can make bombs from a lot of materials available in the groceries and hardware stores in the malls).

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...

Last edited by Arathorn : 10-21-2002 at 06:17 AM.
Old 10-21-2002, 11:19 AM   #1246
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*sigh* Called 4 companies today for my practical, they all turned me down. Grrrrrr....Back to square one. I'm going to try and contact some companies near the harbour tomorrow.

Although my petty vent practically falls into nothing next to that of Cassiopeia. You've got my sympathy, Cass. It's a sick world out there.
Old 10-21-2002, 03:36 PM   #1247
HobbitChick88
Elven Warrior

Wow, I am soooo sorry Cassiopeia! Man, that must have been so terrifying. I can't imagine how that must have felt. You have my sympathy and prayers.

"And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whose you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
-Joshua 24:15

Step follows step,
Hope follows courage.
Set your face toward danger
Set your heart on victory!

"Where is Elizabeth?"
"She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington just like she promised, and you get to die for her just like you promised. So we're all men of our word, really....except for Elizabeth who is, in fact, a woman."
~Will Turner and Jack Sparrow, POTC

fROdO LIVeS!!!!
Old 10-21-2002, 05:56 PM   #1248
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

posted by Cirdan: Vent: I hate guns!

It's not the guns that kill people,it's the people who kill people, they just use a gun. cause there was one guy who could make a paper napkin into a deadly weapon so you could say you hate napkins. but i don't like those people cause they make everybody else feel unsafe and scared and stuff and make the world a little worse. sorry cassiopeia.

anyway that's not my vent, here's my vent-
Have you ever known someone for a really long time and you feel like they're your friend and then they turn on you and just ignore you and insult you and make you feel unwanted and out of place and sometimes can make you feel like dirt. well anyway i hate it when people do that.
Old 10-21-2002, 06:27 PM   #1249
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

EA, I wish our local sniper only had a napkin. We may have caught em by now. You must admit guns are loud and smelly (like one of my cousins). Last year I when target shooting and a shell casing ricocheted of the cage and went down my shirt. Man that was hot! Plus they render a mithril mail coat useless.

On the vent. People come and go. You give them all a fair chance and try to keep the true friends. The rest are the chaff of human relations and the loss shouldn't be mourned.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 10-21-2002, 08:18 PM   #1250
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Oh . . .

Vent:

Aargh!!! NOOOOOO!! Help me!
Auditions have come and gone - I just got back- and I don't stand a dratted chance. I'm about half a foot taller than everybody else(ecept for one other girl) and I messed up one of my lines and I was so damn stage-frighty that my voice shook when I sang.
Oh. Oh . . .

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Old 10-21-2002, 09:31 PM   #1251
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Gaaaah...I hate when fun (i.e., tickle-fest in GSA) is ruined by a complete accident. We were having the most awesome time with a tickle-fest at GSA today, and Joni's hand got cut by a safety pin on V's shirt! After that, everyone left. Anyway, cass, you have my sympathy and the light of Eärendil, our most beloved star. Seriously, that's awful. Did you know anyone who was hurt?

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 10-21-2002, 09:33 PM   #1252
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Oh yeah, and my brother's in the hospital overnight because of a problem with his knee that the doctors could have fixed in maybe 20 minutes, but no, they had to admit him overnight. Plus they didn't deliver his food, so we had to go and get him pizza ourselves, and they didn't give him his antibiotics for over 3 hours, so he was in great pain...poor brother of mine. Eh, well. C'est la vie.

Plus I sat in something wet by accident, so now it looks like I peed my pants...

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 10-21-2002, 10:54 PM   #1253
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

I have the strangest feeling that people are calling me annoying behind my back...just because I have a WONDERFUL thread 'the list thread'.
Cleaning out my inbox...I'll show them!!!
Oh wait...I have to go....GRRRR... ILL SHOW THEM TOMORROW!!! (((WHO ever them maybe)))

This one is deactivated, I think.
Old 10-22-2002, 01:40 AM   #1254
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Hi, I'm back and OK. Life goes on...assignments to do, lectures to go to and exams to study for. I didn't know anyone who was injured. I didn't actually see anything that happened, I was on the other side of uni, but everyone was still scared. They got the gunman, so everyone is trying to get back to work. Anyway I'm happy today because I got tickets to see Paul McCartney. Yay, Yay, Yay!!!! Better go to the happy thread....
Old 10-22-2002, 09:11 AM   #1255
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

Good news, Cass. I wish I could report the same but I can't. Our sniper has struck again and back in my area again. The police chief was on the TV yesterday asking the sniper to call. I guess judging from that we will have to wait until he dies from old age before this ends.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 10-22-2002, 12:13 PM   #1256
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I'm sorry to hear that, Cirdan, and hope they catch him/her soon and that you and your loved ones will be fine.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 10-22-2002, 12:31 PM   #1257
Elfmaster XK

That's awful Cìrdan! What is wrong with the stupid world! Gah, i'm going to be terrible and massively over-generalize but...i hate the world. I hate it, i hate i hate it.

And i hate forms aswell, stupid paper work! Nyah to you!

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 10-22-2002, 12:42 PM   #1258
Rían

EXK - draw a nice juicy bullseye on the forms, stick them up on a haybale or whatever you shoot against, get out trusty arrow #1 and ... LET 'ER RIP!!!! *heh heh*

Old 10-22-2002, 12:57 PM   #1259
Elfmaster XK

Heh, good idea! Thanks!

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 10-23-2002, 07:09 PM   #1260
HobbitChick88
Elven Warrior

I hate it when my whole family laughs @ me to my face when I told them I wanted to be a cheerleader next year (I know that sounds really stupid and I never thought I would atually want to do it b/c I'm usually the one making fun of the cheerleaders ). Then my sister said something like, "Really? But I thought you actually had to smile to be a cheerleader." And then she tries to apologize (while my parents are laughing) but she only starts laughing @ me more!! GRRRRRRRRRR

"And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whose you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
-Joshua 24:15

Step follows step,
Hope follows courage.
Set your face toward danger
Set your heart on victory!

"Where is Elizabeth?"
"She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington just like she promised, and you get to die for her just like you promised. So we're all men of our word, really....except for Elizabeth who is, in fact, a woman."
~Will Turner and Jack Sparrow, POTC

fROdO LIVeS!!!!
Closed Thread