Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-19-2003, 09:52 PM   #101
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Brom burst through the back door to find Eragon standing there withh all the horses. "I contacted Saphira and they will meet us outside the city. We will have to take a back road out, we are obviosuly hot on thier trail, they might have back-tracked and come back, but I doubt it. They have to get to thier king." they mounted thier horses waiting for the others

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 10:11 PM   #102
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Location: Beyond conscious thought... and always out of reach
Suiahn soon found Banuien, and sent the woman off to gather what belongings she had brought with her. <I'll meet you outside, Banuien... The others are out there as well. Your horse is out there I suppose... I'm sure Eragon gathered everyone's.> She said as she strode out of the common room, slowly enough not to cause too much attention to be dropped on her, but quickly enough to get her outside shortly. Eragon, Brom and Terin were already atop their horses, which fidgeted nervously, anxious to be off and running. Siuahn supposed they could sense their rider's emotions. Levering herself up into the saddle, she allowed herself to calm down since hearing about the ra'zac, and think. What on earth were they going to do, and where were they going to go?

Potius mori quam foedari...
Death before dishonour...
Akamai Deredal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 10:24 PM   #103
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Soon they were all on thier horses. "We have to take a back road, it goes around the city, but still close enough to be seen." said Brom nudging SnowFire, "Follow me!" It was pitch black outside and the cold air froze Eragon's ears and nose. They found the path and were riding quickly untill Snowfire reared high in the air. two cloacked men stood in the path. eragon could not see thier faces, but he knew who they were. they were standing face to face with the ra'zac. One of them let out a low venomous hiss. Cadoc shreiked and threw Eragon out of the saddle. He drew himself to full height, the ra'zac's hooded face was in front of his. A gloved hand grasped Eragon's throat and began to squeeze. Brom leapt from Snowfire, to try to protect Eragon. He drew his sword an sliced the ra'zac's hand. it leapt back with a shreik. Eragon was given just enough time to unsheath Zar'roc. The others quickyl came to help. Eragon's sword met the long one of the ra'zac. He knew nothing of swordplay. Eragon blocked a blow to his arm, and another to his neck. He swung Zar'roc at his opponent's head. The ra'zac's sword blocked his and swung it out of his hands. Brom quickly knocked the sword out of the ra'zac's grasp. The second ra'zac was held at bay by the others. Eragon smiled, they had the upper hand! the ra'zac quickly brought a dagger out of his shoe and threw it at Brom's chest. Brom rolled out of the way. but he was too slow, the dagger found its way to his shoulder, and he went limp. Eragon screamed and yelled at the top of his lungs, "Brisngr!" A blue flame formed in his hand and he threw it at the ra'zac, who quickly stopped it. Eragon felt weak, he fell to the ground. Everything went black.

Old 10-19-2003, 10:51 PM   #104
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PippinTook
[B]ooc: kool fim! horses rock!

YUP! I gonna get a horse when I'm.................... older.. anyway....

Raven threw on her wings again, and drew her blade. It glowed with a feirce silver light. <It does really glow then...> She slashed down twords the ra'zac. It tried to block, but did so unsucessfully. <Of course, He faints.> She rolled her eyes, picked up Eragorn, and stuck him on his horse.

PADFOOT LIVES!

Last edited by Legoles : 10-19-2003 at 10:55 PM.
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 11:46 PM   #105
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

I wanna horse! *pouts*

meanwhile, the dragons waited in a field, not 2 miles from where they people wee fighting the ra'zac. Suddenly, Saphira cried out, <they are in trouble! Banuien just told me to come and help them! come on!> she lept into the air, with Nyaki, Glenadrin, and Camnete.

Old 10-19-2003, 11:48 PM   #106
zone
Elven Warrior

ooc:hey pip aren't you going to change you class?(you are an elf lord)
Old 10-19-2003, 11:50 PM   #107
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

I don't know how! grrr, I'l figure it out eventually. I have been hit by the un named rule that we do not speak of! grrrrrr

Old 10-19-2003, 11:52 PM   #108
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Siuahn slid her knife into its sheath quickly, it being the only weapon she'd had on her for a long time. "Someone help me with him! Go, go! Leave them! They'll suffer more under the hand of their leader!" She shouted, grabbing one of Brom's arms, and finding Terin with his other. Brom groaned as the dagger was removed from his shoulder. "Can you ride?" Siuahn asked him, hurrying him over to his mount. He nodded, though it was obvious his consciousness would soon fail him. Banuien took Brom from Terin quickly, sending the girl back to get on her own horse, as she helped him up into his saddle. Raven was still fighting with one ra'zac, but the other was slowly rising to strike her from behind. "Raven!" Siuahn's blade was out again and flying through the air in an instant, only to come to an abrupt stop in the cloaked back of the second creature; she could find no other name to call the ra'zac. Raven struck the remaining one across the skull, sending it to the ground as if its bones had melted away. She leapt into her saddle and made her way to the front of the group. "Banuien, take Saeryl by the lead." Siuahn said, handing the rope to the elf's outstretched and waiting hand. As the group began to move forward in a quickly increasing pace, Siuahn pulled herself up into Cadoc's saddle behind Eragon's limp form. Putting one arm around his waist to keep him in the saddle, she grabbed the reins and booted the horse after the others, quickly catching up with them in their frantic pace, as eager as they were to leave the city.

Old 10-20-2003, 12:06 AM   #109
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

its ok akai.

Saphira and the other dragons reached them when they came to the outskirts of the city. <Eragon!> cried Saphira. They stopped and laid Eragon and Brom down. "They're not dead." said Suiahn. "Oh, my head!" said Eragon. <Eragon you foolish little hatchling! I will never let you out of my sight again!> said Saphira snapping at him. "What happened? We were fighting, then Brom was stabbed, is he okay?" he asked quickly, looking at his hurt friend. "Fine, I'm fine." Grumbled Brom. "Then I tried to kill the ra'zac with magic, but nothing happened and I collapsed. "You foolish little boy! I told you not to use magic!" said Brom staring at the boy. "I thought they had killed you!" replied Eragon. "You could have killed yourself! And almost did!" Brom scowled. <Listen to him!> said Saphira. "What happened to the ra'zac? Are they following us?" asked Eragon. "No, we killed them." replied Suiahn. "No you didn't." said Brom. Everyone just looked at him. "You can not kill them. Let me guess, they shrivled, then dissapeared. They will return, fully strengthened by morning." He groaned. "What are we to do?" asked Eragon. "We must ride, as soon as possible. I wil be ready after getting this wound wrapped up. but you are still too weak." Brom said. "What am I going to do? I suppose you can strap me to Cadoc." he said. Saphira growled. She pinned him down with her leg. <You are a dragon rider! I am your dragon! You will ride me tonight!> <But I can't!> Eragon said, mainly because he was afraid to. Saphira snapped her jaws near his ear. <You will ride me!> He nodded.

Old 10-20-2003, 12:20 AM   #110
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Siuahn watched Eragon as Saphira laid her foot on top of him, though she was careful not to crush him. Smiling, she shook her head and dropped off Saeryl's saddle. <Pushing you around, is she, Eragon?> The boy looked around for a second, not recognizing her voice, before his eyes finally stopped on her. She still smiled as she walked over towards him and Saphira. Reaching out carefully, she laid a hand lightly on the she-dragon's shoulder. <He's not yet used to being a Shur'tugal, Saphira. He will ride though, under Brom's teachings. And I trust you will not let him fall.> Saphira turned her head to look at the girl, tilting her head to the side slightly. <Siuahn, will you be riding?> Nyaki's curious voice called to her quietly, almost hopefully. <If you want me to, I will.> <I would like that. The horseflesh makes you smell odd. Besides, it feels... wrong without you on my back.> Siuahn grinned slightly as she walked towards her dragon. Her eyes held a faraway look, but only for a brief moment. After climbing up into Nyaki's saddle, the dragon launched herself in the air, leaving the ground to quickly drop out below them. <Take me back, Nyaki. I have yet to see that the wounded are tended to.> <You said you would ride... And something is bothering you, Siuahn... What is it?>

Old 10-20-2003, 12:41 AM   #111
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

very good akai! already looking up words in the ancient language! how far along are you?

Eragon smiled sheepishly, hoping Saphira would listen to Suiahn. He was ready to ride, and it would be better for him than horseback, he was just afraid. His first riding expeiriance was nothing short of a nightmare. <You will ride me> she said, lifting her claw off of him. <You are meant to ride me, why don't you want to?> she asked, rather hurt. <I-I'm just scared, remember last time! I still have scars!> he said. <i will take care of you, I love you> she said. Now he understood, <you are right, I will ride you> he said. "We have to go, now. They will catch up with us soon. We have to make to Teerm and hide untill they get there. My friend Jeod dwells there." said Brom, lifting himself onto Snowfire. Saphira lifted Eragon gingerly and placed him on her back. Banuien strapped him into the saddle as Saphira leapt into the air. She beat her wings untill they were high in the air. eragon gripped one of her spikes with a death-hold.

Old 10-20-2003, 07:36 AM   #112
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

ic

<Wait,> Banuien called. Saphira fidgeted impatiently and Banuien stroked her nose soothingly.<Eat this,> Banuien handed Eragon a bright red flower like to the one she had fed Cream. <It will help you regain the energy you lost in your use of magick.> Eragon took the flower and Saphira leapt into the air, leaving Banuien gazing after them longingly on the ground. She turned briskly;

"Brom, come here," she ordered. She gave him a petal of one of the scarlet flowers too, and gave him a piece of cloth with a sweet-smelling fragrance rubbed into it, telling him to inhale the perfume of the fabric. Usually she would have rubbed the odour into the wound, but at that point they didn't have the time; she mounted Iavas and set off at a gallop.

<Siuahn, what happened?> she yelled over the pounding of hooves. Siuahn told of how Eragon had, by way of magick, overheard the mention of ra'zac. Banuien actually laughed. <Humans,> she giggled. <Always so reliant on their spells for enhancement of their senses…> she received the desired result: Siuahn giggled softly too. Then:

<Hey!> Banuien cackled evilly upon Iavas. Siuahn gritted her teeth. <Oh, I am so going to tickle torture you to death when this is over…> Banuien ceased laughing and bit her lip nervously.

ooc: soz a bit of godmoding (i think thats what you call it anyway...)

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!
Eärloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 02:33 PM   #113
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

I godmodded alot too.

Once they were high in the air, Eragon looked over Saphira's shoulder. His friends were like little mice. He loosed his grip and spead his arms out <this is great!> he said <I told you so!> <I don't see how you can bear landing when you can fly like this!> He let out a whoop. <I'm glad you think so, are you ready?> <for what?> Suddenly Saphira flipped backwards and went in a big loop, then dove straight down to the ground, lifting up right before she hit. <I didn't know you could do that without me holding on!> <neither did I!> Eragon laughed. They landed beside the others. "Whats news?" Eragon asked. "We are almost to Teerm, and haven't seen anything of the ra'zac. i'm glad you seem to be alright!" Brom said. "I love it! I can't believe I haven't ridden sooner!" Eragon said. "Well, I think you are doing better thanks to Banuien's flower. Therefor, your riding will be put on hold, and I will teach you how to fight, along with Banuien if she wishes."

Old 10-20-2003, 03:02 PM   #114
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Siuahn stared down at Eragon and Saphira; Nyaki had risen far above the others. Up here, the air was thinner, making it an effort to breathe. <Siuahn, answer me!> The girl was torn out of her thoughts by Nyaki's snap. <It's nothing, Nyaki. It's just all these people... Raven, Terin, Eragon... there's so many of them. I never expected us all to come to gether to quickly and abruptly. I don't even know them, yet we're supposed to be a team, friends. I can't do that!> Nyaki's wave of sympathy brushed over Siuahn, making the young woman grimace with distaste. <Don't sympathize. I'd rather have someone's hate than their sympathy.> <But you are my Rider, Siuahn. I can't help but worry, or care for you. I love you, you foolish little hatchling.> Siuahn's grimace quickly faded into a smile, <Thank you, Nyaki. I did not mean to hurt your feelings, if I did.> <Don't fret. Now, as for what you can and cannot do... If you are having problems trusting people, I am sure you can confide in Brom or Banuien... but if you wish it, I will always listen.> <Fair enough. Now let us go back, we have a lot yet to tend to.> The she-dragon tilted to the left, slowly descending in a downward spiral to land gracefull behind the traveling group or rag-tag individuals. <What a sight we must make.> Nyaki said, laughing. <Let us up we are not a sight that has already been seen.>

Old 10-21-2003, 12:18 AM   #115
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

"Do you think this is a good idea?" Eragon asked Brom. "WE need rest, we are no good traveling or fighting our enemies without a bit of rest." Brom replied, sitting on the ground. "But rest must wait for you and me!" He stood again. He gave Eragon a makeshift sword made of wood, and pulled one out for himself. Eragon smiled. 'I will soften my blows as not to hurt the old man.' he thought. They stood there, staring at eachother. Eragon made the first move, he went for brom's right shoulder. His blow was quickly blocked and Brom's wooden sword struck him in the side with quickness that amazed the boy. "Ow!" He said, grabbing his side. He straightened and blocked another blow. He came at Brom, trying to surprise him. He hit Brom on the arm, and blocked another hit to his head. "Good boy, good! You are learning swiftly!" Brom said hitting him in the shin. "Not swift enough!" Eragon groaned. By the end, Eragon couldn't move for the bruises inflicted on him. Brom sat down beside him. "A fight well fought, though I battered you!" He smirked. "Now for rest and a bite to eat!" He handed the sore boy a piece of bread.

Old 10-21-2003, 08:45 AM   #116
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

ic: Banuien had been lying on her back, looking to the stars when she had finally slept. It was around 4 o’clock when her eyes flung open to see Eragon and Brom finishing their training before sitting down for a meal of soft bread. She stood and walked over to them, crouching besides Eragon and starting at Brom with a half smile.

"Drink this," she offered them a cruet of clear liquid; it sat tasteless and neither cool nor warm in their mouths; each of them took a swig of it, after which the bread seemed exceedingly more delectable than it had been previous.

"You have great strength in the field of swordplay," she commented. "Excellent form. However focus on your footwork; try to step in cohesion with your opponent so there is no certification of them having the upper hand in a duel." She surveyed his bruises and smiled at Brom. "And, perhaps, some training in archery is due?" She handed Eragon a cell of pale green ointment. "Berialda balm," she explained. "It will spur the riddance of the bruises." Eragon accepted the salve happily. Banuien turned to Brom.

"I myself would welcome revision of practice," she admitted. Brom grinned and handed her the wooden sword Eragon had used. Banuien stood somewhat separated from the others; she again swiftly plaited her hair and grasped the sword in her right hand.

ooc: Pip you can make up a sequence, if you want, I have to go to bed.

Statistics are...they're both good. I'm trusting you to manage it, Pip

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!
Eärloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 09:03 AM   #117
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Siuahn lay nestled between Nyaki's forelegs, each as big as a fairly old oak tree. The girl's eyes were closed in slumber, but yet she knew all that was going around her. Nyaki had pulled her mind from her body, fusing it with hers for a time, letting the girl sleep and watch. Through the dragon's eyes, Siuahn saw all the colors in darker shades. Black was the most prominent of things. She supposed it was because of Nyaki's colloring. Though the colors were muted, they still shone with a metallic quality that Siuahn had never seen with her own eyes. <You are fading quickly, Siuahn... perhaps you should go down for full sleep now.> <I think you are right... It's getting hard to watch what is happening. Thank you for the treat though, Nyaki.> The low rumble in Nyaki's chest strengthened slightly, and Siuahn smiled. <Sleep well, little hatchling.> <We will fly tomorrow... yes?> <Yes... now sleep.> Siuahn felt everything spin slightly as she returned to herself, her vision black behind her lids. It took her only a few moments of adjusting herself before she slipped off completely, her dreams plagued by screaming and crying. Men.

Old 10-21-2003, 12:47 PM   #118
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

wow akai! did you already get to that part? ok, we really gotta stop oocing in the ic thread! I'm bad at that.

Eragon woke to the muffled knock of Brom and Banuien's swords. The elf was extremely skilled in swordplay, but Brom was just a hair better. (that ok earloth? you probably shouldn't have let me do this!) They sat down beside him, "You gave me a good fight, Banuien!" said Brom with a heave. He laid his head on the hard ground. Eragon did the same and swiftly fell back to sleep.

Old 10-21-2003, 06:08 PM   #119
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

The chilled morning air brushing across her face was what woke Siuahn early that morning. Letting out a small groan as she stretched, the young woman pushed herself up from the ground stiffly, but carfully so as not to wake the others. Rubbing her arms vigorously through her sleeves, she rummaged around through Nyaki's saddle, pulling her jacket out a few moments later. Tightly wrapping herself in the thick material, she started off towards the woods to find some game. Stopping beside a small stream, the girl picked out a handful of perfectly smooth pebbles, about the size as the end joint of her thumb. She slid off into the trees, her feet making no noise; she'd learned certain skills from Baniuen that Brom could never have taught her.
---
Siuahn came back well before the others had woken up, with three plump rabbits for the breakfast meal. She set about starting the fire and gathering water to boil, as well as a few odd vegetables here and there. Once the stew had been started, the Rider sat herself down and went about skinning the rabbits. Each one sported a hole in the side of their heads roughly the size of the pebbles Siuahn had gathered at the stream bed. Dicing the meat, she dropped it into the pot. As she waited for the stew to cook, she leaned back against Nyaki and stared at the sky, letting herself be lost in the rythmic beat of the dragons heart, and her own thoughts.

Old 10-21-2003, 08:19 PM   #120
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC: Yeah, horses. Now what the crap was I doing the whole time!!! Standing there with my mouth open!!!! You guys I was only gone a day and you post all that?!!? Ok here's the deal No one noticed that my horse wasn't carrying a rider and that Camnete wan't in the air with you. And you were so tired and I'm so quit that you took it for granted that I was there.

IC:

<Well, I hope they don't miss me to much. But seeing those ra'zac reminded me of home. we've been away to long and I don't even know if my parents are still alive.> Terin thought to Cream. <Yes it will be good to go home. This warmer climate is really starting to bug me. But how do you know it wasn't your own people who betrayed you?> <Well...because they've all always known about you and why would they wait until you and I were more in tune with each other to sell us out? Keep a good look out we're nearing the frozen river. Glad I changed my clothes.> They were apporching a great frozen river with Terin's city on the edge. As they got closer a horn sounded and Terin and Camnete both knew that they had been seen. <Terin if we're going to turn back now would be the time to do it.> <No! I have to know.> They landed very gracefully in front of the welcome party. The head of Terin's village was there to great them. "Terin! Known of us thought we'd ever see you again. We all thought you'd been taken by those things that came thourgh here." He said with surprise. "I'm not dead. But I must know if anyone here said anything about Camnete and I to those things. And where is my family."Terin said softly suddenly realizing her parents nor any other member of her family were there. "Terin you must believe me when I say none of us ever said anything to those monsters. As for your parents, well, we were powerless to stop them. They seemed to know that they had let there prey slip through their fingers. All of them are dead." He said these last words with remorse as he saw the sadness grow on the young girsl face. <Terin lets go back to the others. we're safe with them.> <No, Camnete. Night comes early here. We will wait till the first light of tomorrow.> "Thank you." And with that Terin mounted Camnete and they flew to they underpass Terin liked to hid in as a child.

OOC:That's really long but I didn't have a choice.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote