Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-12-2002, 02:19 PM   #101
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
LoL...I guess that part on a cat is pretty sensitive, but they all react to it a different way. For example, my cat just raises her butt up in the air until she's standing up when you do that, instead of falling over.

My poor cat. She looks so funny now.
Old 08-12-2002, 02:25 PM   #102
eowyn144
Elven Warrior

lol!!!
awwww. i'm sorry to all the cats out there who's owners have just tried that out on them! but i have always wanted to know! what do everyone elses cats do?
Old 08-12-2002, 05:28 PM   #103
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Mine used to get a doped expression on his face, and then he'd move his whole body down towards the floor, and arch his back.
Old 08-12-2002, 06:28 PM   #104
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Oh, I didn't just try it out on her, she's been doing that as long as she's been alive (longer than me! )
Old 08-12-2002, 09:47 PM   #105
Sicirus
Elf Lord

What do you mean by "falls over"?
Old 08-12-2002, 09:50 PM   #106
Sicirus
Elf Lord

I've actually have done that to my dog once, and his tail would raise up. Then i would put sun glasses on the ridge of his tail and make it look like a face.
Old 08-12-2002, 11:39 PM   #107
Bregalad
Elven Warrior

Cats actually have sort of a remedial brain at the base of their spine. That's why their reflexes are so fast, stimulous doesn't have to go all the way to the brain in their head and back for them to react. That's why the base of their tail is so sensitive, and why they sometimes do weird things when you scratch it.

This post property of Entmoot.
Bregalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 03:18 AM   #108
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

We have a family cat named Button. She's grey & white. And my sister has a little tiny fish named Olaf. (Don't ask!)

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

"Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth" (Picasso)
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 11:59 AM   #109
Sicirus
Elf Lord

We use to have a cat named kratz(i think) and a dog named Campy. They would work together to get food off shelves. Kratz would ride on Campy's back and jump off his back onto the shelf and push the food down. Then Campy would tear the food open. then they would share the food.
Our cat was stolen though.
And Campy died.
Old 08-13-2002, 08:16 PM   #110
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicirus
Our cat was stolen though.
No afense to any cats, but why would someone STILL a cat from any one else? I mean, there are lots of other cats that are just wating to be adopted!

Eärniel, I can't say if we have many strays in our naiborhood or not, I have lived in the same naiborhood my whole life, and so I can't compare it to anywhere else where I have lived. We moved ones after I was 3 monthes old (I can't remember any thing before then, but I did live in a difrent naiborhood then) but it was just next door, to a new house that we were able to build because we had enough (did I spell that right? I have ben trying for all of those people on the signicher thread that said that they hated bad spelling!) money.

BoP, I would ask my mom, but she allready said no to that, becsuse she is afraid that it would cost to much!

My mommy did say however, that the cat (Fubear) was stopping a little, but we will try the tin foul thing if he starts again!

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
samwiselvr2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 09:24 AM   #111
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by samwiselvr2008
No afense to any cats, but why would someone STILL a cat from any one else? I mean, there are lots of other cats that are just wating to be adopted!
Well, if the cat in question was a pure breed, you'd be surpised how many people would want somebody else's cat. There are indeed too many cats to be adopted, yet pet shops still sell many of them. It's sadly not always as easy at it seems.

I have also lived in my house for my entire life so I have nothing to compare to either. If I see many strays around here then there are many strays.

Enough is spelled correctly. It's signature though, not signicher but you're making progress.
Old 08-14-2002, 11:38 PM   #112
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

There are lots of feral cats here and there is talk of people going out and shooting them, which I find horrible. Why can't people just desex their cats? I am a believer that cats should be kept indoors and let outside in a pen so they can't escape. I love animals, but the cats around my house are very annoying. Especially since my dog goes crazy when she sees one and barks and scratches the window!

Some dogs around my city have stolen. I am worried about my dog (she is a maltese so she is easy to steal). So we keep her inside as much as possible when we go out and supervise her when she is outside.
Old 08-15-2002, 11:57 AM   #113
Sicirus
Elf Lord

my neihboors cat likes to tease my dog all the time. it drives me nuts. no effense but i think there should be a leashe law for cats. They can as easely attack humans as dogs can.
Old 08-16-2002, 06:59 AM   #114
Earniel

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicirus
my neihboors cat likes to tease my dog all the time. it drives me nuts. no effense but i think there should be a leashe law for cats. They can as easely attack humans as dogs can.
Yes, they can but I have never heard of one doing it. A domestic cat that is. I just can't see one of them really attacking a human without provocation.
Old 08-16-2002, 11:15 AM   #115
Sicirus
Elf Lord

I've actually seen a squirrel attack a human once. I was in DC with my freind and this little girl gave this rodent a nut. Then when it was eating the food she tried to pet it. it jumped up and attacked her arm. She threw it off and continued feeding it. It was kinda funny. but I got worried that she may have gotten biten.

my conclusion: Squirrels are evil!!

Oh and my neihboors cat scratched me once because i smelled like my dog.
Old 08-16-2002, 11:27 AM   #116
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

SQUIRRILS ARE EVIL! Wow, someone who understands!!!

I had a cat. His name was Taffy. But his other name was Kingston. He was responsive to both in relation to food.

Here be a picture of him.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 02:46 PM   #117
Earniel

Well squirrels, I can understand that. Fierce creatures, those. Maybe there should be a leash for squirrels then. But cats?

Elfmaster, cats will listen to anything if it's in relation to food. I'm getting convinced that Jinx (my cat) thinks his name means 'dinner!' You've gotta see him come running when he hears me.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:34 AM   #118
Sicirus
Elf Lord

You'r cat is adorable!

My dog knows it's dinner when it gets close to 5;00 or when i get home from school.
Old 08-18-2002, 01:22 PM   #119
Bregalad
Elven Warrior

My cat know several words.
He knows:
Treat
Breakfast=canned food
Get Down= no (when he was little he mostly got on things he shouldn't, so he thinks "get down" is no.
His Name, he comes to his name, neither of our cats come to "kitty"
Back Off= don't try to get outside (he does anyway)
I think he also understands "Don't eat those plants!" but he pretends he doesn't, until I get the squirt gun!

Cats can be stolen. Some people see a cute cat, and decide they want it, rather than paying adoption fees.
There is also a more rare problem, some people steal cats and dogs to sell to research scientists. While I know that sometimes animal research is a necessary evil if we wish to find answers and cures for disease, etc, No one's sweet pet should ever be treated this way.
Also a rare problem, Some owners of large reptiles look for things like "free kittens" as a cheap food source for their reptilian pet. I think that is horrendous, and those people should raise chickens.
I don't like chickens so I don't mind them being snake food!

This post property of Entmoot.

Last edited by Bregalad : 08-18-2002 at 01:24 PM.
Bregalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 10:34 PM   #120
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Quote:
Cats can be stolen. Some people see a cute cat, and decide they want it, rather than paying adoption fees.
There is also a more rare problem, some people steal cats and dogs to sell to research scientists. While I know that sometimes animal research is a necessary evil if we wish to find answers and cures for disease, etc, No one's sweet pet should ever be treated this way.
Also a rare problem, Some owners of large reptiles look for things like "free kittens" as a cheap food source for their reptilian pet. I think that is horrendous, and those people should raise chickens.
I don't like chickens so I don't mind them being snake food!
Oh, that is so awful! I am still unsure how I stand on animal testing for genuine life threatening medical problems (I am against it for cosmetics). But how do we draw the line between kittens, rabbits and chickens being used for animal testing and cheap feed? Are kittens more important than chickens?