Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-20-2002, 02:09 PM   #101
Kyote Fields
Elven Warrior

I didn't know my opinions were so final. You can dispute it. Or you can go on talking about Legolas....
Old 03-20-2002, 02:11 PM   #102
Pailan
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyote Fields
I'd say get to know the guy you're with and what HE likes and what HE wants. Much of the things you'll learn will be applicable to him and him alone.
However I heard it said once that if men could think better then we can see, all women would have PhDs.
Yes, KF, there is some wisdom in what you write there. Problem is, some of us men never really are sure what it is we want and can be as fickle as any woman. I would say understanding your needs and learning to express them leads to better relationships for all concerned.

I am a bit confused by your last line. Could you expand on that so I can understand the point better?

Also- that was a beautiful recap to get us back on track, KF.

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single sevice ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuosly, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Pailan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 02:19 PM   #103
Kyote Fields
Elven Warrior

Eruviel Greenleaf Qoute:
Well, then, Kyote Fields, it seems the question has been answered

StrawberryIceream Quote:
Is that this thread over then?

And so I said that anyone could argue my point and that it didn't have to be the end of the thread.

And Pailan, I agree. I like a smorgasbord one day and can't wait to get married the next.
Old 03-20-2002, 02:27 PM   #104
Pailan
Elven Warrior

Hey KF, is there something a miss with this line?
Quote:
However I heard it said once that if men could think better then we can see, all women would have PhDs.
And no I don't think this thread is at an end. I mean, nobody has brought up the "Man Show" yet. Plus did we ever get into eyes and other physical attractors? Feel free to to stoke the fires of debate StrawberryIcecream.

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single sevice ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuosly, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Old 03-20-2002, 02:36 PM   #105
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

hmm..........

so eyes. Any colour preferences? Glasses or contacts?

And do you mind a woman with a wooden leg?

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 02:39 PM   #106
Kyote Fields
Elven Warrior

Since men, most often, only look at women, women have enhanced thier looks so that we will notice them more. If men had heightened senses of hearing women would be cramming to take voice lessons or music lessons. If men had lofty thoughts, women would be taking courses on intellectual conversation rather then going to Jenny Craig and getting liposuction and getting boob jobs and wearing slinky dresses. ect ect. As it is women know that all it takes to get our attention is a short skirt and a big rack.

Sad but true.

Last edited by Kyote Fields : 03-20-2002 at 02:41 PM.
Kyote Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 03:15 PM   #107
Pailan
Elven Warrior

That's what I thought you meant, KF. It was just hard to concentrate as this woman shopper, wearing a slinky skirt over her carefully sculpted body, was asking me questions about my products.

My personal prefrences? Well, I like dark hair framing bright blue eyes. Wooden leg? No that wouldn't put me off, as long as it didn't match a wooden personality.

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Old 03-20-2002, 03:17 PM   #108
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

shallow, shallow men! I wish I could scold you all with a clear conscience, but there's waaaay too much evidence to prove that women are at least as shallow. Otherwise, we would hold to some kind of standard and not try to change our physical appearance to please you.
So, to sum up for the girls,
Men who are worth our time want understanding and acceptance.
Men who are not worth our time want a short skirt and a big rack.

Did I miss anything?
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 03:26 PM   #109
Kyote Fields
Elven Warrior

How are we being shallow?
Crick Quote:
....but there's waaaay too much evidence to prove that women are at least as shallow.

At most as shallow. Depends on the individual.

But I believe the problem with women is not the shallowness that might be there but the lack of self esteem that's there in full force. I don't believe that there are many girls in the moot who are like this (or they cover their tracks well), but the thing is that if we men want to get laid, we could because there would be some hot chick out there who doesn't think much of herself, will let us buy her a few drinks and take her home.

Shallow? Maybe. But us same guys also marry girls that we love and are faithfull to and raise beautiful children and die happy.

Last edited by Kyote Fields : 03-20-2002 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-20-2002, 03:30 PM   #110
Pailan
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Men who are worth our time want understanding and acceptance.
Men who are not worth our time want a short skirt and a big rack.
It's really not that cut and dry. Otherwise we wouldn't have 6 plus pages of posts on this topic. Do you mean I couldn't have acceptance and understanding from a woman in a short skirt and big rack?

It's difficult to spell it all out because wants and needs vary from man to man. But I think that love is were you find it and it is always best to at least honor that, then worry about the small stuff like skirts and racks.

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Old 03-20-2002, 03:47 PM   #111
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

You know thinking about it, women arent much better.

We all want a good looking guy as well otherwise we wouldnt all fancy people like Orlando Bloom, we'd fancy Stephen Hawking instean for his intelligence and security etc...

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 03:52 PM   #112
crickhollow

You're right about the self-esteem issue, Kyote. Eating disorders run rampant, even on a small Christian campus, and they are only one way that a low self-esteem will manifest itself in a person. I would be the last to condemn that as shallowness.

Shallowness in girls tends to manifest itself in other ways. Manipulation, for instance. Manipulation of people in general, and guys in particular. Ask any girl who's ever gotten pulled over for speeding, and she will tell you that she at least thought about working up tears in an effort to come away with just a warning. I could come up with example after example of this, but then I might hate myself later for giving away all our secrets. All right, here's one more. My roomate and I noticed it the other day. Some girls instantly become more attentive and affectionate towards their friends the minute a guy they're attracted to walks in the room. It's very subtle, and they are not actually paying any attention to the guy in question--it works like a charm.

This is what it comes down to. You guys are suckers, and we know it. It's manipulative, and it's shallow.

However, you are right that it does depend on the individual. In no way do I want the girls here to jump down my throat in order to protect their good "non-flirty" reputations.
But also bear in mind that I live in a building with something like 300 other females, not many of whom are as [insert adjective here] as the girls that post here. Estrogen runs high. So do conversations about guys. So do Bridal Magazines.
Old 03-20-2002, 03:53 PM   #113
mirrille
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Pailan
Do you mean I couldn't have acceptance and understanding from a woman in a short skirt and big rack?
What? You want to have your cake and eat it too? Can life really be so perfect?

It's true it's not so simple, but it's also true that most women would not like to think that their body was the primary reason they are appreciated. I think that was the idea.
mirrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 03:53 PM   #114
Kyote Fields
Elven Warrior

That's what I'm talking about. WooHoo!! Stephen Hawking!! What a financialy and emotionaly secure babe!!

crick quote:
This is what it comes down to. You guys are suckers, and we know it. It's manipulative, and it's shallow

Yep. But baby you're looking sooooo good tonite. Oh come here and let me tell you how much I love your eyes and your smile. You brighten a room when you walk in just like you brighten my life.

That sucker business goes both ways.

Last edited by Kyote Fields : 03-20-2002 at 03:59 PM.
Old 03-20-2002, 03:54 PM   #115
crickhollow

thank you, Strawberry, that's what I meant

Pailan, don't twist my words
Old 03-20-2002, 03:56 PM   #116
mirrille
Elven Warrior

Stephen Hawking is so cool!

But I think he's a little too old for me. Generation gaps can be problematic in relationships.
mirrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 04:24 PM   #117
noldo
Elven Icon Maker

Hey, this whole commotion you're making on the differences between guys and girls and stuff like that... is just sooo obsolete... and so pointless!
Pailan, Kyote and crickhollow you seem to me to be guys who don't know just anything about women (most of my friends are women: *****es, lesbians, chicks, eating-disorderèes, estrogen, you get the idea)... Just reading some of your comments make me sick.

Quote:
I don't believe that there are many girls in the moot who are like this (or they cover their tracks well), but the thing is that if we men want to get laid, we could because there would be some hot chick out there who doesn't think much of herself, will let us buy her a few drinks and take her home.
Oh, and yeah Kyote, take me home... it doesn't necessarily have to be that way nowadays anymore, it's just bunch of you straight males thinking like that... Grrls can get as much as they want, how they want it and whenever they want it...

Last edited by noldo : 03-20-2002 at 04:26 PM.
noldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 04:28 PM   #118
Kyote Fields
Elven Warrior

Crick is a girl. I think you'd better apologize and read the posts a little more clearly.
Old 03-20-2002, 04:34 PM   #119
Pailan
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by crickhollow
thank you, Strawberry, that's what I meant

Pailan, don't twist my words
Soory there crickhollow I had meant to post a after that comment. But in terms of having it all... well I consider myself to be a lucky guy, a very lucky guy. Yes, we fight... nearly broke it off a couple of times... I can honestly say that my relationship succeeds despite me.

No hard feelings crickhollow?

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Old 03-20-2002, 04:34 PM   #120
noldo
Elven Icon Maker

noldo is offline   Reply With Quote