Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-22-2010, 07:50 PM   #101
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

*bites nails nervously*

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:55 PM   #102
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz View Post
*bites nails nervously*
Someone please add "Nail Biting" to the ever-growing list of charges.

And why would he be nervous, if he wasn't GUILTY!!!???

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:13 PM   #103
inked
Elf Lord

De Ministr of Forin Afairs un de Ministr of Languag agre!

FRE HEKTOR! FRE HEKTOR! FRE HEKTOR! FRE HEKTOR! FRE HEKTOR! FRE HEKTOR! FRE HEKTOR! FRE HEKTOR! FRE HEKTOR! FRE HEKTOR! FRE HEKTOR! FRE HEKTOR!

De nail biting is bekaz Hektor is unjustly akused!

Dis is eine abus of raw powr by the fals vintess, whomsoevr de may be!

FRE HEKTOR! FRE HEKTOR! FRE HEKTOR! FRE HEKTOR! FRE HEKTOR! FRE HEKTOR!
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:56 PM   #104
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Well, I would LIKE to be a juror, and I say Hector is guilty of any past, present or future charges. He's guilty by default. For instance, if you really wanted to change this, you'd have to do something like this:

Hector>Options>Crimes>Trials>Plea> and uncheck "Guilty". But who would want to go to all the trouble to do that?
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Midge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:01 AM   #105
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Just to be clear, I am not going into this with a predetermined notion that Hector is guilty (twitch); however, the evidence does seem impressive, and is strengthened by Hector's failure to defend himself. I gotta feeling..

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:42 AM   #106
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Yes indeed, why aren't you defending yourself Hector? Want to be a martyr or what?

I can't believe the drama that's transpiring here! I mean, Coffeehouse quit the jury whereas Valandil is now suddenly on it That's not kosher
But well, Val is a powerful admin and high king, and I suppose if he says he's on the jury - then he is. But I will still demand jury unanimity in the end!
Coffeehouse, you will be fined a hefty fine!

Being the President is an interesting thread that Hector started up while in office, way back in 2005. There was talk of impeachment even then
Hector himself even said the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector
I suppose you could impeach me on the grounds of my massage parlor that I use to keep...but I can't "remember" wether it was open before or after my election.
In the same thread, Inked gave him the following advice:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inked
Hector, remember, whenever impeachment or empeachment is threatened, you must deny having had sex and question the meaning of the verb is. Worked great for Slick Willie and what's-her-name Hilary! The reality can be whatever because this a deconstructionist mode of being. And, anyway, those of us who "elected you" will stand behind you!
way behind you!
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:51 AM   #107
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil View Post
Well I'm a juror... and I find Hector GUILTY OF ALL CHARGES!!!

... whatsoever they might be!!!
Now I'm confused - I thought the jurors were meant to listen to the charges and then discuss them, and THEN come to a conclusion?

What kind of court is this?

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen
Varnafindë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:54 AM   #108
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varnafindë View Post
Now I'm confused - I thought the jurors were meant to listen to the charges and then discuss them, and THEN come to a conclusion?
What a quaint notion.

Quote:
What kind of court is this?
We're still working that out.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:01 AM   #109
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

That explains the popcorn.

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen
Varnafindë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:14 AM   #110
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varnafindë View Post
That explains the popcorn.
Want some? I have tons.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:38 AM   #111
inked
Elf Lord

Hektor, I stand by my advic in 2005! Deny! Deny! Deny! Der must be pruf to find du guilty. Und der is nicht pruf! Der is only alegatun after alegatun after alegatun!

Und I am geting thretening PMs from adminz who vant eine bailif to remuv mir simply bekaz de do nicht do de EuroEnglish!

Fortunatly, der is nicht eine bailif zo I am saf!

Ver ist Acaly, PREZIDANT OF DE 'MUT? She shud be defending du! De purpos of de PREZIDANT iz to DEFEND der underlings! PERHAPS ve shud be impeaching Acaly fur failur to do her job!

Und du al kan nicht forget dat HECTOR IZ INOCENT UNTIL PROVN GUILTY.

Fre Hector!

FRE HEKTOR! FRE HEKTOR! FRE HEKTOR! FRE HEKTOR! FRE HEKTOR! FRE HEKTOR!
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
Old 05-23-2010, 09:40 AM   #112
Jonathan

Inked may be the Minister of Language but as the legal expert on this board, I too should like to address the issue of Euro-English.
You know Inked, personally I don't really mind the Euro-English. As the European I am, I can understand it perfectly well... at least most of the time

But seeing your Euro-English spilling over into other threads, I can't help but remember an old spamming counter-measure that the admins used to employ in the past. Way back on this board, spammers and similar risked having their title changed to "smelly orc" or something of the kind. The humiliating title was meant to discourage them from further spamming.
Entmoot member The Ben was one who suffered this treatment. I can't recall if there's been anyone else after him.

If I may you give some legal advice, Inked;
I see that you don't have a custom title, just the default "Elf Lord". But if you wish not to have that title changed into something nastier, I suggest you be a bit more careful where you post your Euro-English. One day an admin might snap and when you wake up the next day, you're an orc
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:24 AM   #113
Noble Elf Lord
Leaf-Crowned Lord Of Elvenpath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil View Post
What a quaint notion.

We're still working that out.
If this court won't start working, I'll quit as well. AND complain to the President! Won't pay any fines either!

Having observed hector's actions for a few years already, and thus being able to see to the evidence given against him with appropriate experience, I find him guilty. But the decision is (woefully) not mine to make in the end. Jury?

Also, the popcorn throwing ought to be forbidden. This court is, unfortunately, ridiculous. And is it a miracle that hector is quite unable to defend himself, when everyone says he's guilty by default?! Guillty he may be, but this is too much!
Old 05-23-2010, 11:10 AM   #114
Jonathan

Sheesh! What a jury

Fine, if you're all this impatient I suppose we'll have to jump directly to the voting. I guess it's either that or seeing the whole jury dismantle itself

Members of the jury. You are familiar with the indictments. You have seen the evidence. You have listened to the witnesses. You have not heard the defence.
Please, discuss it amongst yourself and bring the court a unified statement as to Hector's guilt or lack thereof.

Power-abuse it is. Guilty. Or not guilty.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:02 PM   #115
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

I've been thinking about this for quite a while, and I have three defenses for my actions:

1) While my actions were illegal, I was working to protect the People of Entmoot from the overly-scrutinizing actions of the mods and admins. Therefore, my surveillance programs were used defensively, not offensively.

2) Not ALL of the bad actions committed during my term as president were instigated by me. I had some REALLY REALLY corrupt people in my cabinet. Believe me, if I had been able to get rid of them I would have but you guys have NO IDEA how hard it is to have your life threatened by the CEOs of Big Pharma, Big Farming, and Big Expensive Textbooks!! Every time I tried to do something right, someone threatened to kill my family.

3) Everyone who has been accusing me of something has been A) a mod or admin, B) one of their friends, C) escaped convicts, D) former political rivals who are out to get some payback. How the court can allow such blatantly biased slander....ugh...but I guess it's all we can expect from a judge convicted of stealing Beatrix Potter books from Barnes & Noble, and only recently released from prison

PS: oh yeah, and I had a bad childhood.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide

Last edited by hectorberlioz : 05-23-2010 at 12:10 PM.
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:25 PM   #116
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

I agree with Noble! The Entmoot Freedom Party emphasized the freedom of the Entmootian citizen over any part of the 'Moot, including the Courts! Yet Hector is not receiving the benefit of the doubt. I raised the issues of the integrity of the Court and the soundndess of evidence, but these were ignored by 'Judge' Jonathan. Shameful!

It has dawned on some of us that the accusation of power-abuse levelled at Hector looks ridiculous when compared to the power-abuse perpetrated by the very Entmoot Court! The accusation should instead be aimed at the Court itself

- Failure to provide the defendant with a defence lawyer (every Entmootians right!)

- Failure to articulate a coherent accusation that rests on specific evidence (time, thread, context)

- Failure to address the defendant with respect

- Failure to address the Jury with respect

- Failure to address the Court audience with respect

- Abuse of gavel

And worst of all: Failure to provide ALL audience members with the proper amount of popcorn!!!

On behalf of the Entmoot Freedom Party I question the integrity of this Court and consider any indictment of Hector to be invalid.

As a member of our (glorious) President Acally cabinet I also question the validity of a Court under the jurisdiction of a co-Executive Branch member, Jonathan (Attorney General), when it should be obvious that the Court belongs to the Judicial Branch.

Invalid! Invalid! Free Hector!
Coffeehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:19 PM   #117
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz View Post
I've been thinking about this for quite a while, and I have three defenses for my actions:

1) While my actions were illegal, I was working to protect the People of Entmoot from the overly-scrutinizing actions of the mods and admins. Therefore, my surveillance programs were used defensively, not offensively.

2) Not ALL of the bad actions committed during my term as president were instigated by me. I had some REALLY REALLY corrupt people in my cabinet. Believe me, if I had been able to get rid of them I would have but you guys have NO IDEA how hard it is to have your life threatened by the CEOs of Big Pharma, Big Farming, and Big Expensive Textbooks!! Every time I tried to do something right, someone threatened to kill my family.

3) Everyone who has been accusing me of something has been A) a mod or admin, B) one of their friends, C) escaped convicts, D) former political rivals who are out to get some payback. How the court can allow such blatantly biased slander....ugh...but I guess it's all we can expect from a judge convicted of stealing Beatrix Potter books from Barnes & Noble, and only recently released from prison

PS: oh yeah, and I had a bad childhood.
Yes, this all happens to be true. I threatened him multiple times so I could sell a $400 textbook that was merely spiral-bound, and without pictures or color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Don't look at me. I'm more easily classified as the typical clueless small-town girl. I dunno nuthin' of politics. Unless being against everything counts as being in the opposition.
She's an anarchist! Get her! *chases into courthouse with torches, pitchforks, and bayonet-tipped muskets*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeehouse View Post
I say this Court is broken! A charade! A mere facade to hide Jonathan's lies on his true "imprisonment" in Hector's "dungeons". "I" quit my "juror" dut"y" right "away"!

Fre"e" Hector"!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeehouse View Post
I agree with Noble! The Entmoot Freedom Party emphasized the freedom of the Entmootian citizen over any part of the 'Moot, including the Courts! Yet Hector is not receiving the benefit of the doubt. I raised the issues of the integrity of the Court and the soundndess of evidence, but these were ignored by 'Judge' Jonathan. Shameful!

It has dawned on some of us that the accusation of power-abuse levelled at Hector looks ridiculous when compared to the power-abuse perpetrated by the very Entmoot Court! The accusation should instead be aimed at the Court itself

- Failure to provide the defendant with a defence lawyer (every Entmootians right!)

- Failure to articulate a coherent accusation that rests on specific evidence (time, thread, context)

- Failure to address the defendant with respect

- Failure to address the Jury with respect

- Failure to address the Court audience with respect

- Abuse of gavel

And worst of all: Failure to provide ALL audience members with the proper amount of popcorn!!!

On behalf of the Entmoot Freedom Party I question the integrity of this Court and consider any indictment of Hector to be invalid.

As a member of our (glorious) President Acally cabinet I also question the validity of a Court under the jurisdiction of a co-Executive Branch member, Jonathan (Attorney General), when it should be obvious that the Court belongs to the Judicial Branch.

Invalid! Invalid! Free Hector!
*storms into the courtroom leading an angry mob, just in time to hear this speech*

Then, we're shutting down the court until things are done right! BERLIOZ! BERLIOZ! BERLIOZ!!
Old 05-23-2010, 01:21 PM   #118
inked
Elf Lord

Ja, Kafehawz, du iz rit!!!!! (How often hast du dat sen?)

De Atorny General iz thretening eine Kabinet member! - in aditun to de Presidant of Vis! Dis iz out-of-hand getting fur sur!

De Atorny General may de Presekutor be, but he iz nicht de Court! Der iz no judicial branch of de Mut! Dis iz eine lynch mob!

Gud ding dat de only ding dey got to thro is popkorn. Tomatos vud be very mesy.

FRE HECKTOR UND DE MOOT FROM DE TYRANY OF DE ILEGAL KORT!
Old 05-23-2010, 01:28 PM   #119
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by inked View Post
Ja, Kafehawz, du iz rit!!!!! (How often hast du dat sen?)

De Atorny General iz thretening eine Kabinet member! - in aditun to de Presidant of Vis! Dis iz out-of-hand getting fur sur!

De Atorny General may de Presekutor be, but he iz nicht de Court! Der iz no judicial branch of de Mut! Dis iz eine lynch mob!

Gud ding dat de only ding dey got to thro is popkorn. Tomatos vud be very mesy.

FRE HECKTOR UND DE MOOT FROM DE TYRANY OF DE ILEGAL KORT!
...BERLIOZ! BERLIOZ! BERLIOZ!...

*Throws a Molotov cocktail in a miniature plastic liquor bottle. It lands on the floor, fails to break, and fizzles out.*
Old 05-23-2010, 02:06 PM   #120
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane View Post
...BERLIOZ! BERLIOZ! BERLIOZ!...

*Throws a Molotov cocktail in a miniature plastic liquor bottle. It lands on the floor, fails to break, and fizzles out.*
*sets it back up and uses it to pop more popcorn*
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote