Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-08-2008, 12:48 PM   #101
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Sorry, Sis! it appears no ones is taking ur clues on.

Do you mind if I start the TIME session.

Examples below

This next session will be on specific timespans and years.

...period:

1.0 - It is the period from 1,808,000 to 9,600 years BC. = Pleistocene

...period:

1.1 - It spans the time from around 2.5 million years ago when the first evidence of craft and use of stone tools by hominids appears in the current archaeological record, until around 120,000 years ago when important evolutionary and technological changes. First of three stoneages. = Lower Pleistocene

...period:

1.2 - Very broadly it dates to between around 300,000 and 30,000 years ago. Second of three stoneages = Middle Pleistocene

...period:

1.3 - Very broadly it dates to between 40,000 and 10,000 years ago, roughly coinciding with the appearance of "high" culture and before the advent of agriculture. Third of three stoneages. = Upper Pleistocene

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 02-08-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:33 PM   #102
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I should be able to guess some of those or I don't even deserve the degree or amateur... Think Eärniel, think.

1.0 - Pleistocene?

1.1 - Paleolithicum?

1.6 - Old Kingdom? (if so, you kind of hinted to it in the description of the previous question)

1.8 - Middle Kingdom?

2.0 -New Kingdom?

2.4 - Hellenistic period?
Old 02-08-2008, 04:41 PM   #103
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Well done, Earn! Try again on the others. U may continue.

...period:

1.4 - In Egypt. Generally dated 3200 BC - 3000 BC. It is sometimes known as Dynasty 0. = Protodynastic Period

...period:

1.5 - It is generally taken to include the First and Second Dynasties. It immediately follows the unification of Lower and Upper Egypt c. 3150 BCE. = Early Dynastic Period

...period:

1.6 - period of time when Egypt was ruled by the Third Dynasty through to the Sixth Dynasty (2686 BC – 2134 BC). Which is the name commonly given to that period in the 3rd millennium BC when Egypt attained its first continuous peak of civilization in complexity and achievement – this was the first of three so-called "Kingdom" periods, which mark the high points of civilization in the lower Nile Valley. = Old Kgdm

...period:

1.7 - Which can be considered to embrace the Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, and most of the Eleventh Dynasty. Which is the name conventionally given by Egyptologists to that period in Ancient Egyptian history between the end of the first kingdom period and the advent of the second Kingdom period. = First Intermediate Period

...period:

1.8 - Stretching from the establishment of the Eleventh Dynasty to the end of the Fourteenth Dynasty, roughly between 2030 BCE and 1640 BCE. = Middle kingdom

..period:

1.9 - It is best known as when the Hyksos made their appearance in Egypt, whose reign comprised the Fifteenth and Sixteenth Dynasties. Which marks a period when Ancient Egypt once again fell into disarray between the end of the second Kingdom, and the start of the third Kingdom. = Second Intermediate Period

...period:

2.0 - Is the period in ancient Egyptian history between the 16th century BC and the 11th century BC, covering the Eighteenth, Nineteenth, and Twentieth Dynasties of Egypt. Which saw Egypt attempt to create a buffer between the Levant and Egypt, and attain its greatest territorial extent. It expanded far south into Nubia and held wide territories in the Near East. Egyptian armies fought Hittite armies for control of modern-day Syria. = New Kgdm

...period:

2.1 - Encompasses The Twenty-First, Twenty-Second, Twenty-Third, Twenty-Fourth and Twenty-Fifth Dynasties of ancient Egypt. This period is characterized by the country's fracturing kingship. Even in Ramesses' day, the Twentieth dynasty was losing its grip on power in the city of Thebes, whose priests were becoming increasingly powerful. After his death, his successor Smendes I ruled from the city of Tanis, and the High Priests of Amun at Thebes ruling the south of the country. In fact, this division was less significant than it seems, since both priests and pharaohs came from the same family. = Third Intermediate Period.

...period:

2.2 - Which includes The Twenty-Sixth Dynasty. Which is divided into three era: the first period of Persian occupation when Egypt became a satrapy, followed by an interval of independence, and the second and final period of occupation. = First Persian Period

...period:

2.3 - Which emcompasses The 27th - 30th Dynasties. = Late Period

27th, (525 BC - 404 BC), this period saw Egypt conquered by an expansive Persian Empire under Cambyses.

28th, Consisted of a single king, Amyrtaeus, prince of Sais, who rebelled against the Persians. He left no monuments with his name. This dynasty lasted 6 years, from 404 BC to 398 BC.

29th, ruled from Mendes, for the period from 398 BC to 380 BC.

30th, took their art style from the Twenty-Sixth Dynasty. A series of three pharaohs ruled from 380 BC until their final defeat in 343 BC lead to the re-occupation by the Persians.

...period:

2.4 - Which includes The Thirty-First Dynasty (343 BC - 332 BC) = Second Persian Period

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 02-08-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:48 PM   #104
Mari
Elf Lady

Hehe, I know some of this. I knew being a historynerd would come in handy one day!
1.3 last ice age? ( I thought it ended around 10.000 or so)
1.4 Dynasty 0 (or Naqada)
1.5 pre-dynasty (1st 2nd 3rd)
1.6 old kingdom (4th-6th)
1.7 first inbetween (not sure how to say it in English. Anyhow, the period in which there was no long reign of 1 pharao)
1.8 Middle kingdom
1.9 second inbetween
2.0 New kingdom
2.1 3rd inbetween
2.2 ?
2.3 Late period
2.4 The Hellenist period? (Greek)

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:56 PM   #105
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Well done, Mari! U may continue as soon as Ive posted the next session.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:02 PM   #106
Mari
Elf Lady

I checked my knowledge against wikipedia and your clues, but your dating was a bit different from mine and wikipedia here and there. Where did you get your info? Must check it, perhaps it has more info that I don't know. That would be nice!

Old 02-08-2008, 06:05 PM   #107
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Dear Mari! I got it from looking up Dynasties and Ancient Egypt.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 02-09-2008 at 04:07 AM.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:05 AM   #108
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

...empty until new session will be entered...

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 02-15-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:45 PM   #109
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

...the 15th Century session...

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 02-16-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:33 AM   #110
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

...year which all of this happened:

2,6 -

Timur raids the city of Baghdad in the Jalayirid Empire.
The De heretico comburendo Act is passed in England, as the Archbishop of Canterbury pressures King Henry IV of England into outlawing as heretics anyone owning an English translation of the Bible.
Dilawar Khan establishes the Malwa Sultanate in present-day northern India.
Grand Duke Vytautas of Lithuania is granted increased autonomy by King Jogaila of the Poland-Lithuania union.
Emperor Ho Quy Ly of Dai Ngu (now Vietnam) passes the throne to his son, Thai Thuong Hoang.
A civil war, lasting four years, breaks out in the Majapahit Empire in present-day Indonesia.
The Joseon Dynasty in present-day Korea officially enters into a tributary relationship with Ming Dynasty China.
Japan re-enters into a tributary relationship with Ming Dynasty China.

= 1401

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 02-16-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:20 AM   #111
sun-star
Lady of Letters

2,6 - 1401
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.
sun-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:48 AM   #112
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Well done, Sun-star! U may continue.

...year which all of this happened.

2,7 -

June 22 - Battle of Bryn Glas: The Welsh rebels defeat the English on the England/Wales border.
June 26 - Battle of Casalecchio: Gian Galeazzo Visconti, the Duke of Milan, crushes the forces of Bologna and Florence, but he dies from a fever later this year and is succeeded by his son Gian Maria Visconti.
July 12 - The rebel army of Zhu Di occupies the Ming Dynasty China capital Fengtian. Emperor Jianwen is either lost or killed and Zhu Di is crowned as Emperor Hongwu.
July 20 - Battle of Ankara: An invading Timurid Dynasty force defeats the Ottoman Sultan Bayezid I, who is captured. A period of interregnum begins in the Ottoman Empire with the future Mehmed I as one of the leading claimants to the throne.
September 14 - Battle of Homildon Hill: Northern English nobles led by Sir Henry "Hotspur" Percy defeat a Scottish raiding army under the Earl of Douglas.
After Serbia is freed from Ottoman rule, Stefan Lazarević is crowned as Despot of Serbia.
After the Christian Knights of Saint John, who are ruling Smyrna, refuse to convert to Islam or pay tribute, Timur has the entire population massacred.
The Knights of Saint John subsequently begin building Bodrum Castle in Bodrum to defend against future attacks.
David Stewart, Duke of Rothesay, heir to the throne of Scotland, dies while being held captive by his uncle, Robert Stewart, 1st Duke of Albany.
King Henry III of Castile sends French explorer Jean de Béthencourt to colonize the Canary Islands. Béthencourt receives the title King of the Canary Islands, but recognizes King Henry III as his overlord. This marked the beginning of the Spanish Empire.
The Genoese regain control of Monaco.
King Jogaila of the Poland-Lithuania union answers the rumblings against his rule of Poland by marrying Anna of Celje, a granddaughter of Casimir III of Poland.
Maria II Zaccaria succeeds Peter of Saint Superan as ruler of the Principality of Achaea (now southern Greece).
Moldavia becomes a vassal of Poland in order to protect itself from an invasion by Hungary.
After the death of Queen Mary of Sicily, her husband Martin I of Sicily becomes sole ruler.
The Kangnido map of the world is completed in Joseon Dynasty Korea.
Conchobar an Abaidh mac Maelsechlainn O Cellaigh succeeds Maelsechlainn mac William Buidhe O Cellaigh as King of Hy-Many in present day County Galway and County Roscommon in Ireland.
The University of Würzburg, Germany is founded.
The White Sheep Turkmen Empire, in present-day northern Iraq and Iran, moves its capital from Amida to Diyarbakır. = 1402

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 02-16-2008 at 04:08 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:09 PM   #113
Mari
Elf Lady

So the whole post has 1 answer eh?
I'd say it's 1402

Old 02-16-2008, 04:10 PM   #114
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Well done, Mari! U may continue.

...the year this all happened:

2.8 -
February 7 - King Henry IV of England marries Joanna of Navarre, the daughter of Charles d'Evreux, King of Navarre.
March 12 - As King Martin I of Aragon helps to end the siege by the French of the papal palace in Avignon, Antipope Benedict XIII flees to Aragon.
April - Balša III succeeds his father Đurađ II as ruler of the Principality of Zeta (now the Republic of Montenegro).
Harry "Hotspur" Percy forms an alliance with Welsh rebel Owain Glyndŵr.
July 21 - Battle of Shrewsbury: King Henry IV of England defeats a rebel army led by "Hotspur" Percy, who is killed in the battle by an arrow in his face. = 1403

...the year all this happened:

2.9 -
June 14 - Rebel leader Owain Glyndŵr, having declared himself Prince of Wales, allies with the French against the English. He later begins holding parliamentary assemblies.
October 17 - Pope Innocent VII succeeds Pope Boniface IX as the 204th pope.
November 19 - St. Elizabeth's flood devastates parts of Flanders, Zeeland and Holland.
Stefan Tvrtko II succeeds Stefan Ostoja as King of Bosnia.
Peace is declared between Lithuania and the Teutonic Knights after they agree to exchange land and form an alliance against Muscovy.
The University of Turin is founded.
Timur is hit by a fever while preparing to invade China.
Centurione II Zaccaria succeeds Maria II Zaccaria as ruler of the Principality of Achaea.
Virupaksha Raya succeeds Harihara Raya II as ruler of the Vijayanagara Empire in present-day southern India.
Narayana Ramadhipati succeeds Ponthea Yat as King of Cambodia.
Ruaidri Caech MacDermot succeeds Conchobair Og MacDermot as King of Moylurg in present-day north-east Connacht, Ireland.
The city of Vicenza comes under the rule of the Venetians. = 1404

...the year all this happened:

3.0 -
May 29 - Ralph Neville, 1st Earl of Westmorland, meets Archbishop Richard le Scrope of York and Earl of Norfolk Thomas Mowbray in Shipton Moor, tricks them to send their rebellious army home and then imprisons them.
June 8 - Archbishop Richard le Scrope of York and Thomas Mowbray, Earl of Norfolk, is executed in York on Henry IV's orders.
Early feminist Christine de Pizan writes The Book of the City of Ladies.
Bath Abbey is built in England.
Bellifortis, a book on military techonology, is published by Konrad Kyeser.
Chinese fleet commander Zheng He sets sail to explore the world for the first time. = 1405

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 02-19-2008 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:26 AM   #115
Mari
Elf Lady

2.9 1404 (and 1421, 1424. There were three St. Elizabethfloods, all on November 19. )

Old 02-17-2008, 06:31 AM   #116
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Well done, Mari! U may continue.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:48 AM   #117
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

...this year all this happened:

November 30 - Pope Gregory XII succeeds Pope Innocent VII as the 205th pope.
December 25 - John II becomes King of Castile.
Construction of the Forbidden City begins in Beijing during the Chinese Ming Dynasty.
Richard Whittington becomes Lord Mayor of London.
Eric of Pomerania marries Philippa, daughter of Henry IV of England.
James I becomes King of Scotland, after having been captured by Henry IV of England.
Richard, Earl of Cambridge, marries Anne Mortimer.
Pisa is subjugated by Florence.

= 1406

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 02-23-2008 at 04:52 AM.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:57 AM   #118
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

...awaiting further pondering on what subject might entice ppl's enthusiasm...

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-26-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:06 PM   #119
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

bumping
Old 08-27-2008, 03:14 PM   #120
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

American author, known for her children' books, 1868-69. She draws her material from her own family and from the New England milieu where she had grown up. Originally she begun writing 'rubbish novels', sometimes anonymously, sometimes as 'A.N. Barnard', to contribute to the family income. = Lousia May Alcott

001 – Small Ladies = Little Women
002 – Magical Bloom Tales = Flower Fables
003 – Tempers = Moods
004 – A Protracted Deadly Amourous Hunt = A Long Fatal Love Chase
005 – Small Guys = Little Men

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 08-27-2008 at 11:58 PM.