Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 11:58 AM   #101
Radagast
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
Wouldn't want to do that. that might look too much like moderating and showing favoritism
Sarcasm, madam, is the sign of an infantile and weak mind.
And bid the sickness cease;
And when your goal is nearest
(The end for others sought)
Watch sloth and heathen folly
Bring all your hope to nought.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:01 PM   #102
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Radagast
I find words cannot express my frustration with you all, especially Sister Golden Hair!
I have plenty of words I could use to express my frustration with you and others. You wouldn't want to hear them though.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 05-26-2004, 12:01 PM   #103
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Matter of opinion... it has also been called 'The highest form of humor' (and I still laugh when I recall that I overheard someone once respond to that with, 'Yes, but it's the lowest form of communication.'

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 05-26-2004, 12:02 PM   #104
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Go to hell!

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 05-26-2004, 12:27 PM   #105
Beruthiel's cat
mystical divinity of Unashamed Felinity

Location: New York's beautiful North Coast -- we're all mad here!!!
This thread and the participants are in desparate need of a
TIME OUT!!!

Everybody to their respective rooms! NOW!!!

Here's how I see it:

Runiel will be missed because of her lively, frank posts, but she brought much of this on herself. It is nice to see that she has many friends and supporters, but tough breaks are a part of life. There is no reason anyone Runiel has been friends with in the past should be unable to communicate with her. Part of the reason for coming to message boards like this is to meet people with similar interests and develop friendships. I'm glad you've all done this.

The moderators have taken a responsible course in banning other forum participants in the past. No one was especially out of line for any actions taken in this case. Appropriate steps were taken to warn the participants that certain behaviors would not be tolerated. When the participants did not heed those warnings, the action was taken and no one should expect a reversal of that decision just because it seems unfair.

There are two sides to every story and the two sides here do not seem to fit too well, so each of us that are not players in this little drama will have to make our own judgements regarding the appropriateness of actions taken on both sides.

If participants in this forum don't like moderated forums, why did they join? It's very clear that the forum is moderated and the moderation is one of the reasons I decided to join.

So let's all stop whining and crying, shall we? I think we've jumped on this horse enough and now it's dead, so let's stop beating poor Seabiscuit, okay???

"Never try to out-stubborn a cat!" -- R. Heinlein

~~~~~~~~~

"But I don't want to be among mad people, " Alice remarked.
"Oh, but you can't help that," said the Cat; "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." ~~ Lewis Carroll

~~~~~~~~~~~

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana...
Old 05-26-2004, 01:22 PM   #106
Coney II
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
Go to hell!
Go and make a cup of tea ya bad tempered bugger

So Ruinel was banned for using alt nicknames.

Who's fault is that? Mine.

Ruinel contacted me using an alt via pm. I informed SGH, this happened several times during yesterday.....and each time I informed SGH.......no petty reasons behind it, I just saw no reasons to be bothered by a banned member.

It's very true that myself and Ruinel had the odd set-to in the past. That was over a year ago and we hadn't contiued any animosity or particular friendship since.

I just treat as I would any other banned member......when she pm'd me I didn't even know the reason for her ban.

So unless you wish to a reply of "well I like so and so more than so and so .......so I won't be taking any action" from a mod/admin everytime you report a post, are the victim of troublesome pm's.....continue knocking **** out of the staff here....because that is what will happen.

Either let them do their job or [as I did] move on if the admins aren't running the place as you'd like.

If you need to hate someone, than feel free to hate me for the demise of Ruinel........I was, afterall, the one who reported her presence here

Oh and sgh....don't take this as pettiness from me...but if you can't see the biase you have in favour of Jerseydevil...then I'd advise you to get some impartial opinions
Old 05-26-2004, 01:50 PM   #107
Beor
founder of the color blue

Okay, everyone stop, sit back, turn off the computer, drink a cup of tea or gin or something, relax with a book, or watch some farscape, or whatever, dont think about anything going on here for a day, come back tomorrow, and post with a cool head, everyone, because we have friends attacking friends here, and that is just ****ing ridiculous. Stop now, and take a break.
Old 05-26-2004, 01:57 PM   #108
Beruthiel's cat
mystical divinity of Unashamed Felinity

Location: New York's beautiful North Coast -- we're all mad here!!!
Thanks, Beor!! You said what needed to be said better than I did in my previous post!

And, for you who are on one side of the fence or another, I suggest you check Beor's post in the soldier update thread if you want to see how a real war is run. You think you've got problems, kids?? Beor can't even tell us a quarter of what his world is made of. He's putting his life on the line every day so we can have forums like this.

So, as I suggested so strongly before:

TIME OUT!!!

"Never try to out-stubborn a cat!" -- R. Heinlein

~~~~~~~~~

"But I don't want to be among mad people, " Alice remarked.
"Oh, but you can't help that," said the Cat; "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." ~~ Lewis Carroll

~~~~~~~~~~~

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana...

Last edited by Beruthiel's cat : 05-26-2004 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:01 PM   #109
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Oh and sgh....don't take this as pettiness from me...but if you can't see the biase you have in favour of Jerseydevil...then I'd advise you to get some impartial opinions
Sorry you feel that way Coney. I have heard many opinions. People seem to think that JD gets no warnings or is never admonished. Difference is, that with all members, I attempt to first do it privately. You remember the days when that was the case with you and me? He usually heeds the warnings, most others don't.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 05-26-2004, 02:05 PM   #110
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Aye. I agree with both Beor and BC. This is meant to be a friendly forum, and personal buisness is making the friendly atmosphere that used to be here, go down the drain!
Ruinel was a nice person and well liked and she will be missed, but at the same time SGH was doing her job. So everyone should just go back to their threads and stop this petty arguing, because soon you're all going to drive away more and more good and regular posters. Not many people seem to have noticed that Gray Mouser has decided to leave!
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Old 05-26-2004, 02:06 PM   #111
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Beruthiel's cat
Thanks, Beor!! You said what needed to be said better than I did in my previous post!

And, for you who are on one side of the fence or another, I suggest you check Beor's post in the soldier update thread if you want to see how a real war is run. You think you've got problems, kids?? Beor can't even tell us a quarter of what his world is made of. He's putting his life on the line every day so we can have forums like this.
Yes... and 'break the rules' enough times over here: banned for life!

... but 'break the rules' enough times over there: lose your life!

Think about it.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 05-26-2004, 02:20 PM   #112
Lefty Scaevola
AngAdan

Quote:
You lie.
"Mighty are the Ainur, and mightiest among them is Melkor, but that he may know, and all the Ainur, that I am Iluvatar, those things that ye have sung, I will show them forth, ... And thou, Melkor, shalt see that no theme may be played that hath not its uttermost source in me,"
Old 05-26-2004, 02:36 PM   #113
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby
Quote:
Originally posted by Andúril
That was uncalled for.
what did u think i said cos that was a spelling mistake which was suposed to read. "it sounds complicated" how is that uncalled for?

Why dont sheep shrink in the rain??
Old 05-26-2004, 02:59 PM   #114
Maedhros
The Tall

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith_Elf
Not many people seem to have noticed that Gray Mouser has decided to leave!
"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest."
2. Of or relating to North or South America, the West Indies, or the Western Hemisphere.
As a noun American is:
A native or inhabitant of America.
A citizen of the United States.

Then the boy asked, “What is America then?”, and the wise man looked at the dictionary again:
1. The United States.
2. also the A·mer·i·cas. The landmasses and islands of North America, Central America, and South America.

Confused, the boy asked, “Does the term american refers solely to a us citizen or to any person in North, Central or South America?”
The wise man replied: “What do you think?”, and the boy answered: “It is clear to me that while the term american is used to refers to us citizens, one can also use it to refer to any person who is from that continent too,” the boy thought for a while and asked the wise man, “Am I right?”, and he replied: “But of course.”
The boy wondered, why is it that some people refuse to acknowledge the fact that the term american refers not only to US citizens but to anyone of the American continent?, but then sadly, the boy understood, that it is the calamity of ignorance.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:07 PM   #115
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Lets just hope he will change his mind and recant his well... hasty decision... The moot will be worse for his absence.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

Last edited by Insidious Rex : 05-26-2004 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:17 PM   #116
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith_Elf
Not many people seem to have noticed that Gray Mouser has decided to leave!
Oh, he'll be missed if he decides not to return. I was going to PM him, I'm sure he'll check his PMs at least one more time before leaving for good (which I hope he won't).
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:26 PM   #117
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

Do you guys and girls call yourself adults? I could swear I'm back in 3rd grade.

Btw, am I also allowed to tell people to go to hell?
Old 05-26-2004, 03:29 PM   #118
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

As some said before... I think we should just leave the subject for now. Maybe discuss it in a week, when everyone will be calmer.
I don't understand why GM is leaving though...
Old 05-26-2004, 03:31 PM   #119
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Never confuse adulthood with maturity or the ability to maintain self control.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Old 05-26-2004, 03:33 PM   #120
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
Never confuse adulthood with maturity or the ability to maintain self control.
Thats true
Closed Thread