Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-01-2004, 06:28 PM   #101
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

ic: suddenly, a man on a black horse rode up
drawing back his hood, he stated in a commanding voice
"Hail, comers from afar. I am Faligorn, out of Lebennin, who is the leader of your party?"
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 07:57 PM   #102
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Thanks Twista! I've decided, for the ease of everyone's characters, that we're in Ithilien. This makes it easy for Chrys' character to join. Val, do you want to join in now? We'll make it work, so no worries. First thing, you need to post your character. (Whatever you want us to know about your character, you can look at the 1st and 2nd pages for examples.)

Akkar read the letter from the elf. He decided to investigate the message, it seemed that the help of strangers unlooked for would be what they needed to liberate the city. He gave the message to Farkad, with instructions that he would meet the Elf at Dunharrow.
Suddenly a man from Lebennin rode up. "I am Akkar, the leader of this party," he replied.
Farkad turned and rode away to Dunharrow, with the message.

OOC: (That does stand for "Out Of Character" by the way. Feel free to PM me or anyone if you guys have any questions Val and Chrys. )
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 08:02 PM   #103
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

"I have been told you are men out of Harad?" said faligorn, "What news is there out of Umbar? for i desire greatly to seek my brother, who departed for those Havens four seasons ago."

ooc thank you nurv
getting hang of it now!!
Old 03-01-2004, 08:13 PM   #104
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: What's a good name for the city that's beseiged? Want to say it's the capital? That makes sense to me.

"Yes, we are from Harad," said Akkar, indicating Hamish, Hamid, Aranek, and Greyson. "Pansy here is from the northern land of Frogmorton, and actually, I don't know where Jan and Devak are from. We gathered together rather hastily. Anyway, we do not have very much news of Harad. We are in the process of gathering more, but we do know the capital is beseiged. Would you like to join us on the road to Harad?" offered Akkar.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 03-01-2004, 08:17 PM   #105
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

"I would be glad to accept your offer, kind Akkar, also I would be glad of the company, as I am heading that way myself."
Faligorn dismounts from his great, black horse, and shakes the hand of Akkar, before bowing to the ground, that being the custom of his people.
"Pray, would you like a taste of my mead, the best of all the coastlands, 'tis said" Faligorn then said, offering his flagon to Akkar and the others.
Old 03-01-2004, 08:33 PM   #106
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Akkar dismounted and bowed to Faligorn, feeling it would be only polite. However he felt uncomfortable when offered the flagon of mead. He was coming to be a lot less suspicious of strangers, but he wasn't prepared to extend this indefinitely. Not without coming to know the man anyway. It was also difficult to ignore the fact that they had been at war only six months ago. Greyson and Aranek looked uncomfortable.
"We welcome your company on this journey, but we're not completely trusting of strangers. It's a slow adjustment to become used to times of peace, and both of us still face troubles ahead. I sincerely hope my men and I are not offending a custom of your people by refusing a drink for now," Akkar said politely, bowing again.
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 03-01-2004 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-01-2004, 08:39 PM   #107
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

"Of course not," replied Faligorn politely.
"It is no custom of ours, i thought you looked in need of a drink, to quench your thirst. Perhaps I should watch my own manners, after all you may not trust me too well?" Faligorn then sat down on a rock, and proceeded to drink, when he noticed that the halfling did not ride a pony but some strange beast out of eastern tales. "Is that a Llama?" he asked Akkar, being carefull not to appear too rude.
Old 03-01-2004, 08:46 PM   #108
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

"Yes it is," said Akkar. "A strange best, I've never seen one before," he added, smiling at Pansy. "It is said he has a fearsome bite, but you can appease it with carrots, or something like that."
Akkar felt he should clarify his earlier statement. "I'm not offended at all, just wary," he said smiling.
Quote:
Old 03-01-2004, 08:50 PM   #109
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

"Ah yes," said Faligorn "Wary times call for Wary people, is this not true? Indeed, a Llama!! Tales speak of such beasts from the mountains in the Far East!"
He then sat down, and continued to drink his mead.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:38 PM   #110
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

"You must have ridden far friend," said Hamid. "We've only been riding a short time, but we could take a small break," he said hopefully, looking at Akkar.
"All right, but let's try to make good time today," Akkar said. He was already dismounted, and walked over to sit beside Faligorn. Greyson, Hamish, Aranek, and Hamid dismounted and led their horses slightly off the road. Greyson and Hamid did a quick scout of the area.
Quote:
Old 03-01-2004, 09:43 PM   #111
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

"Yes, I have ridden a great distance," replied Faligorn,
"I passed a travelling company of dwarves from the lonely mountain, who passed on some strange news..."
He paused dramatically at the end of the sentence, before taking another sip of mead.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:36 PM   #112
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC:You guys forgot to mention to our new friend. I smell michious!(I know I didn't spell that right)

IC:
Callinya flew through the night reaching Harad before the sun rose. Perched on a tree not far from the city, one she had prefered in the more peacful days of Harad she watched the sun rise. It's beautiful. She thought to herself. Now all I have to do is...stay alive. The orange fireball had risin and she began to fly around looking at everything. At first things seemed normal, but once she reached the leeward side of the city she realized her mistake in thinking that. An army of thousands upon thousands sat there on the outskirts of the city. First ignoring the army she went to see if the city had been taken...it apeared that the army had broken through sevral times and each time the people had driven them back...with many lives. It looked like the army was again trying to break thorugh...without much luck. But Callinya knew it would only be a matter a of time. The main hting was that the city was secure for now. Flying over the head she counted at least 913,452...and since they were moving and many were in tents and boats and in seprate camps...she knew there more. Landing in the forest she truned into a rat and crawled toward the army to see how well armed and how good there provisions were. Wandering around she saw men content and happy with full bellies in shining armor and swords that looked brand new and so sharp they could cut diamonds. She turned and fled from this sight. Running no one noticed a rat. In the forest she took flight as a falcon and made her way back to her companions as quikly as possible. Flying along the road at dusk she spotted a man sitting on a rock drinking and what,from a falcons mind, seemed to her friends working for him...almost like slaves. Except there were no other armies and the man drinking appeared unarmed...but still, Callinya had learned not to take chances. Landing as light as a feather behind the man she turned into a human and drawing the dagger out of it's sheath in her boot she put it to his neck and said in his ear "Move and you die." One of her compainions had heard and she couldn't be sure but she thought it was Greyson said "Callinya put down your weapon he is a friend!" While she was distracted the man reacted in a life or death situation and pulled his knife out and placed it at her throat. Akkar who had watched this happen yelled "Put your weapons down! Both of you! Callinya you work for me now and you do not pull a knife on any one unless I order it!" As the two people lowered their weapons Callinya turned to the man and said "Sorry. I misunderstood the situation. Akar I have most of the information you wanted." SHe told them the story of Harad and said in ending "I know not who they are, why they've come, or what they want all I know is we cannot fight them alone."

OOC: Staggering odds! Hope that was okay!
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 11:08 PM   #113
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Boin heard voices coming from down the road. Perhaps they had finally arrived. Quietly, he came out of the shadows and stood in in front of them, careful to make sure none of his face was showing. He was not noticed, but he didn't really care. A smile came to his faced as he finally spoke, "So...am I just to stand here while you all talk amongst yourselves or will you hear out what I have to say?"
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 12:07 AM   #114
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

"Well, if you have something to say, say it." I said coldly. <I was not expecting another one to come so soon...> "Or should we continue and leave him here? Your decision Akkar?"

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 01:41 AM   #115
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Staggering odds are fine! Small chance of succes, high chance of danger, what are we waiting for? Excuse me, I have to go drink about 5 litres of Mind Bleach now.
Er, yes. Anyway no worries.

Akkar was troubled at Callinya's news. "Faligorn, this is our friend Callinya, she's a shapeshifter." Faligorn looked dubious, after all, her dagger was at his throat only moments before.
"I can vouch for her character," said Hamish, smiling disarmingly. "Now that she knows your our friend too there shouldn't be any trouble, right Cal?"
"Yes. Anyway, what was the news from the Dwarves Faligorn?" asked Akkar. He tried to sound cheerful, but he was heartily depressed. Over nine hundred thousand enemies, and no way to know if Leylani and the children are safe...
Akkar stood up abruptly. "We should continue immediately, but the sheer numbers of our enemy mean that we need allies. An enemy that size in Harad could be worrisome to the men of Minas Tirith, if it turns out they are the enemy to all. But they will never be allies with us. Where are the armies of Harad?"
"You mean the ones that didn't get slaughtered at the Black Gate?" said Aranek sardonically.
"We did have homeland defenses, even during the last part of the war," said Greyson. "I hope they remain a cohesive fighting force."

Later, Farkad rode west to Dunharrow until sundown, then made his camp.

OOC: I think there should be a decent amount of the Haradrim army, just scattered and harassed by the enemy.

OOC: I just had a great idea! What if the invaders are from east of the mountains (beyond which the original men came from - Sil). (And where the llama is from. ) They're invading us because they've been driven out of their own homeland. This gives us several options when the time comes to deal with them, and could lead to a very exciting adventure later on as well. What do you think guys?
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 03-02-2004 at 01:44 AM.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:30 AM   #116
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

ooc; dear Eru, that was alot to read! I see we have some new peoples! Hey! welcome to the RPG forum. Have you been here before? If so, I look like a loverly idiot now. teehee. I am pip, the intersting one of the group. me and gulio. oh yeah!

ic; "Right-ho!" said Pansy happily. "Nice to meet both of you." she said, shaking hands with any new comer she saw. "And Cory's bite isn't as harsh as his spit. Carrots are good." she said, stuffing a carrot in the llama's mouth. "So, how far away is Harad?" she asked.

ooc; sorry, not much time to post, and I haven't got much to say.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 02:32 AM   #117
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Valandil
Maybe a little of both... Is this game set in time yet? Might it be say 100 +/- years into the Fourth Age? Is it still in the reign of Elessar, or of Eldarion? Or much sooner - like 1-5 years after the War of the Rings? If the former, I have in mind to be a character from Arnor - we could say my grandfather was a son of Halbarad who married a daughter of Elessar and Arwen and was granted the Wardenship of Arnor (or this was my great-grandfather if we're even LATER in time). I'm now come into manhood, but am not in line to be warden myself, having two older brothers, so I have traveled afar to make a name for myself... for now, to begin with a visit to my mother's home (she being a daughter or grand-daughter of Eowyn & Faramir).

If it's sooner after the war, I'll think of something else.

In either case, Ithilien makes sense... it had become the eastern bounds of 'western' influence and is a nice jumping-off point. I suggest that we're now at the White Palace in Emyn Arnen.

(EDIT: PS - uh, sorry, but... what's 'ooc'?)
(2nd EDIT: Oops... I had mixed up some family relations... had two mothers for awhile there! )
OOC: We have a great opportunity for you Val. Farkad (one of my characters) and Celian (Twista's character) are meeting in Dunharrow. Celian has some kind of mysterious message or information to give our party.

This is the message:
Quote:
To those it may concern of the traveling Harad group. It has come to my attention that things in the east are unsettled. And it would be my wish to take upon this journey also. It is too my request that one of your wonders meet me in Dun Harrow on the 12th Nite of the seventh month, in order to make 'plans'. I await your responce

Celian Malade of the Woodland Realm
So, you could be party to the mysteriousness somehow. If you want to that is. You don't have to play if you don't want to.
*tries to take Bossy Pants off, hopping around on one foot, and falls over*
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 03-02-2004 at 02:47 AM.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:36 AM   #118
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Farkad settled down under his blankets, next to the cold embers of his small cooking fire. He thought about the elf's message.

...one of your wonders...

"I'm sure he meant 'warriors'," thought Farkad, as he drifted off to sleep.

Quote:
Old 03-02-2004, 10:48 AM   #119
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

"aah yes," replied faligorn, "The news from erebor!"
he stood, as he said this, in an effort to make himself look more important after the misunderstanding with callinya
"Well, they have passed news to me that a number of the forkbeard dwarves out of dorwinion, by the sea of Rhun, were assailed by an unknown enemy last summer, it is assumed that this new foe was headed to Harad, to conquer the havens of Umbar, which is why i am now seeking for news of my brother!"

he then sat down again, and drained his flagon of any of the mead left in it.
Old 03-02-2004, 05:29 PM   #120
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Theoden

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
Farkad settled down under his blankets, next to the cold embers of his small cooking fire. He thought about the elf's message.

...one of your wonders...

"I'm sure he meant 'warriors'," thought Farkad, as he drifted off to sleep.

OOC: prob '...one of your wanderers...'

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote