Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-03-2004, 03:26 PM   #101
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

They've got a good chance... How about the Red Sox? They've got a 9 game win streak and have cut the Yankees' lead to 3.5 games. Go Sox.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 03:41 PM   #102
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

yeah sox!!!
Old 10-11-2004, 03:06 PM   #103
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

I just had to break out my anti-Yankees avatar since they're meeting the Sox in the ALCS again. Oooh, I hate them. Go Red Sox!

Old 10-11-2004, 03:10 PM   #104
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

love it!
Old 10-11-2004, 03:25 PM   #105
BeardofPants
the Shrike

*pokes ignorant furriner head in*

Ain't selling out to the sox just as bad as selling out to the yankees?
Old 10-11-2004, 03:26 PM   #106
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Thanks. I made it myself.

*Also available in silver
Attached Images
File Type: jpg antiyankees.jpg (3.3 KB, 15 views)

Old 10-11-2004, 03:30 PM   #107
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardofPants
*pokes ignorant furriner head in*

Ain't selling out to the sox just as bad as selling out to the yankees?
No. Because the Sox aren't evil. The Yankees have the largest payroll in baseball. It's no surprise that they win. It's like putting a trumpet mouthpiece in a tuba and cheering for all the high notes, to use a musical analogy.

Old 10-21-2004, 01:28 AM   #108
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Hahaha the Curse of the Bambino is dead! Long live the Red Sox! The biggest series comeback in baseball history for the Sox and the Yankees have the biggest choke of all time. Ah ha ha! *dances*

Old 10-21-2004, 08:46 AM   #109
Shelob's Hubby
Enting

I'm glad the Sox won. (I wasn't glad I had to stay up till midnight to see them win). I don't know a whole lot about the different teams so I'll draw on the collective wisdom of Entmoot. Do the Sox have a decent chance to win the World Series?

I think so Brain, but without ears, we look like weasels.

"The next time I lent an ax to a surgeon, I would pick my century." A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.

The Last Alliance of Orcs and Spiders
Shelob's Hubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 08:52 AM   #110
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

who cares about the world series... we beat the evil empire!!!
Old 10-21-2004, 01:30 PM   #111
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Depends who they play. But if they can come back 0-3 against the Yanks IN the Bronx then anything is possible.

Ill be the first to admit that i never for a SECOND thought the Red Sox could EVER come back once they were down 0-3. Even after they won the next two I didnt give them a prayer. After all its the yankees and the red sox. they HAVE to lose. its just the way its supposed to be. well Im floored today let me tell you. I guess all yall christians were right after all. there MUST be a god.Because the only way this EVER happens is through divine intervention. I mean the red sox just arent supposed to beat the Evil Empire new york yankess. Its not supposed to work that way. especially when yer down 3 games to none and yer 3 outs away from being swept. unthinkable! talk about the odds!

I think those of us on this particular message board can find some connection in this event. I liken it to Frodos defeat of the all powerful all evil Sauron. Somehow, despite all the long odds and injuries and late hours and several times being on the edge of doom they were able to scramble back and defeat the Evil Empire in a manner so unlikely as to seem almost… divine…

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 02:19 PM   #112
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

Well, I've never posted in here before, and might not again, but I'm about exploding.
THE RED SOX BEAT THE YANKEES!!!!! WHOO-HOO!
*turns into the bubbly blonde she is* Oh, like, totally awesome! I, like, can't believe they, like, WON! Oh my gosh, it's, like, so aweSOME! Like, TOTALLY! I, like, love ya, Boston!

How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Rosie Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 02:55 PM   #113
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

Pitching, Pitching, Pitching. Never enough when needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownjenkins
who cares about the world series... we beat the evil empire!!!
What did in the Yankees in the end is what plagued them all season: Not enough quality pitching.

I am surprised NY did not try to bunt more against Schilling (sp?) and test his magic boot.

Flash Gordon finally helps Boston win against the Yankees.

Congratulations to Boston. Next challenge is the WS against (HOU or STL).

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)
mithrand1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 07:31 PM   #114
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

Oh boy oh boy oh boy
Mob rule in Boston!!!!!
Now, who to root for in the NL...
Old 10-21-2004, 11:50 PM   #115
Mercutio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidious Rex
Ill be the first to admit that i never for a SECOND thought the Red Sox could EVER come back once they were down 0-3. ...especially when yer down 3 games to none and yer 3 outs away from being swept. unthinkable! talk about the odds!
first team in (at least U.S. I believe) to do that in this competition (lose the first three games yet win the title)

Interested in C.S. Lewis? Visit the forum dedicated
to one of Tolkien's greatest contemporaries.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 01:25 PM   #116
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidious Rex
Ill be the first to admit that i never for a SECOND thought the Red Sox could EVER come back once they were down 0-3. Even after they won the next two I didnt give them a prayer. After all its the yankees and the red sox. they HAVE to lose. its just the way its supposed to be. well Im floored today let me tell you. I guess all yall christians were right after all. there MUST be a god.Because the only way this EVER happens is through divine intervention. I mean the red sox just arent supposed to beat the Evil Empire new york yankess. Its not supposed to work that way. especially when yer down 3 games to none and yer 3 outs away from being swept. unthinkable! talk about the odds!
To be honest, I didn't think they could do it either. Even after Game 6, I thought that it was just another setup to crush the hearts of the Red Sox nation yet again. Thank goodness I was wrong.

Old 10-27-2004, 10:12 PM   #117
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Well if things continue as they are we could be crowning a world series champion tonight. and if the sox do in fact win then i hope people have gotten all the funeral homes along the north east ready for the deluge of bodies they will be getting because do you know how many die hard old geezer boston fans have said "if the sox ever win the world series Ill be ready to die!" over the past 80 plus years? that last out comes and youll see people dropping like happy flys with funny accents.

And hey what better night for this all to happen then on a night of a lunar eclipse... And all that talk earlier in the season about planets aligning just right for the first time since 1918... and that kid who got hit in the mouth with a foul ball and he happened to live in the SAME house that babe ruth used to live in?! and when his blood hit the field the prophecy was initiated... *spooky music* im thinkin someone somewhere sold something to someone sinister...

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 12:11 AM   #118
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Well the the Red Sox are now the World Series Champions. I didn't really care too much - but since no one else posted - I figured I would.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 12:34 AM   #119
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i wanted the cards to win because i wanted the curse to continue. That and because i wanted Larry Walker to get it since he is from my city. other then that i have absolutely no interest in baseball whatsoever

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 01:09 AM   #120
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Darn, I tried so hard to stay under my rock, but even under here the slugs are talkin' about the bloody sox winning! ... er.... congrats?