Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-05-2003, 01:26 PM   #101
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
I also had my doubts about his sincerity to protect the enviroment. So, for me, he was not the man for the job.
wait... you voted for Bush because you were worried about Gore's sincerity on protecting the environment?

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 02:17 PM   #102
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Yes! Enquiring minds want to know! I wondered about this too. What was it about Gore's environmental stance that disturbed you? I thought he had just published a book about protecting the environment prior to the election?
Bush's environmental policy was the one that was troubling to me. Doesn't he think that our natural resources should be less protected and regulated than they have been in the past, and that business and industry should be allowed more access to federally protected lands and resources? Hasn't he been trying to undo as much of what got passed during the Clinton years as possible?
Anyway, I voted for Gore, and I was actually quite "up" for voting for him back before Clinton got elected the first time out. I was rather dissappointed that Clinton got to be the presidential candidate, but at least I got "Big Al" as a VP. Aren't most VP's "do nothings"? Isn't that the nature of the job? Sorry guys!

Last edited by Lizra : 09-05-2003 at 02:25 PM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 05:46 PM   #103
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
wait... you voted for Bush because you were worried about Gore's sincerity on protecting the environment?
No, I did not vote for Bush because I was worried about Gore's sincerity on protecting the enviroment. I voted for Bush, because I thought he was the better candidate. All I am saying is that I did not like Gore, as VP, so, why would I have liked him as president? I have a friend that is a registered member here at Entmoot, that use to work for a place called "Ohio Citizens for Action" which had a great many things to do with the government and the enviroment, and she use to tell me some inside scoops about Mr. Gore, and that he wasn't always on the up an up with his promises there.

We are a tad off topic.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 02:48 PM   #104
Ruinel
Banned

Are we?

.... spammer.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 03:20 PM   #105
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Just a quick note. Don't you remember the flooding of that river so Gore could have his photo op ?
Old 09-09-2003, 03:34 PM   #106
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
Are we?

.... spammer.
Me? Are you calling me a spammer? Ha! I never spammed once in my life until you registered with your wanna be Finrod's woman, mantality. You are a bad influence.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 09-09-2003, 04:10 PM   #107
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
Originally posted by Spock
Just a quick note. Don't you remember the flooding of that river so Gore could have his photo op ?
No...What river! Photo op?
Old 09-09-2003, 11:48 PM   #108
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Me? Are you calling me a spammer? Ha! I never spammed once in my life until you registered with your wanna be Finrod's woman, mantality. You are a bad influence.
spammer tisk tisk
Old 09-10-2003, 02:05 AM   #109
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
No...What river! Photo op?
I think it was in Mass. He was going boating in a river whose waters were too low due to drought conditions. So he had the dept. of interior have the local agency release water from a dam up stream to enter the river. Just as that water reached where he was, he launched his row boat and the photos began. It was reported in print and television media at the time.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:41 AM   #110
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Go big Al!
Old 09-15-2003, 12:10 AM   #111
Ruinel
Banned

How is this photo op furthering the discussion about isolationism?
Old 09-15-2003, 02:15 PM   #112
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
How is this photo op furthering the discussion about isolationism?
...I WAS ANSWERING A POST BY S.G.H. No, I did not vote for Bush because I was worried about Gore's sincerity on protecting the enviroment.

So there.
Old 09-15-2003, 03:56 PM   #113
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Spock
...I WAS ANSWERING A POST BY S.G.H. No, I did not vote for Bush because I was worried about Gore's sincerity on protecting the enviroment.

So there.
Well, that's not exactly what I said.

Quote:

IMO, Gore was a do nothing VP, and would have been a do nothing president. I also had my doubts about his sincerity to protect the enviroment. So, for me, he was not the man for the job.
And

Quote:
No, I did not vote for Bush because I was worried about Gore's sincerity on protecting the enviroment. I voted for Bush, because I thought he was the better candidate. All I am saying is that I did not like Gore, as VP, so, why would I have liked him as president?

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 09-15-2003, 06:45 PM   #114
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
[B]Well, that's not exactly what I said.

ACTUALLY IT WAS; just not the entire quote. It's called quoting out of context.
Old 09-15-2003, 09:08 PM   #115
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Spock
[B]
Quote:
Well, that's not exactly what I said.

ACTUALLY IT WAS; just not the entire quote. It's called quoting out of context.
Uh, okay.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 09-16-2003, 12:33 AM   #116
Ruinel
Banned

SGH and Spock, you're spamming again. Do I need to get an administrator over here?
Old 09-16-2003, 08:53 AM   #117
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
SGH and Spock, you're spamming again. Do I need to get an administrator over here?

....hmmm, I don't think so but you could send over some brownies and a couple of Starbucks for us.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:53 AM   #118
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Well, I didn't think we were spamming, but nomatter. Who are you, the internet police?

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 09-18-2003, 02:43 PM   #119
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Well, I didn't think we were spamming, but nomatter. Who are you, the internet police?
*shows badge* up against the wall, sister.

ON TOPIC:
It seems that the US is damned if they do and damned if they don't. Well, I'd prefer my taxes to be used to help ourselves, instead of other countries. So many negative comments are said about the US 'involvement' across the globe that it just makes me wonder why we don't just turn our backs when we're asked for help.

Even with all that is going on in Iraq now, I feel the Iraqi people are better off than when they were ruled by Sadam Hussain. (Though I did not and do not support this war.) In time, they'll develop a fair and free government (hopefully) for their people as they work through the pains of change. But in the end, I can lay a bet that they'll curse us for all our help and aid, just as the world does now.

I know our history, that we've come to aid other countries (example: WWII) at our own expense (the lives of our people and our tax dollars). And even that is turned against us. With this in mind, I'd seriously like to see my country become more isolationist, and let the world fend for itself. We owe them nothing.
Old 09-18-2003, 02:48 PM   #120
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

I know our history, that we've come to aid other countries (example: WWII) at our own expense (the lives of our people and our tax dollars). And even that is turned against us. With this in mind, I'd seriously like to see my country become more isolationist, and let the world fend for itself. We owe them nothing. [/B][/QUOTE]

You are a right thinking person. We don't owe anyone and they don't appreciate our generosity nor our way of life.