Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-05-2003, 04:49 AM   #101
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Thankee, mate!

Isn't fresh water the greates?

Especially after months aboard the ship with naught but grog and old ale...

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 05:05 AM   #102
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Aye, Captain!
Old 08-06-2003, 06:32 AM   #103
Eruviel Greenleaf

So you guys know, I'm trying to update the Ship's Log about everyday. I'm up to page 7 of the thread now, and hopefully I'll catch up to the present soon!

Do leave comments on the entries if you find anything's missing, wrong, you don't like my style, whatever.

Oh, and E XK...feel free to make the site prettier if you have any sudden inspiration! That'd be cool

Also, any problems, etc that you don't want to post or comment on the site, email me at eruviel@pyracy.com
Is my new email address, which I made specifically for the Ship's Log.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!

Last edited by Eruviel Greenleaf : 08-06-2003 at 06:34 AM.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:03 AM   #104
zavron
Chieftain of The Order of The Blue Flame

It doesn't matter. Zav is a plunderer on a special submerine. Zav has heard all about the exploits of the nal and wanted to meet there captain. He has been following it from a distance for a couple of days. Now, what's wrong with that? If you're busy on a certain little excapade I'll wait till you settle down, and then I'll bump into the bottom of the boat by accident or something and then I'll say Hi-di-ho and trail along with you for the rest of the adventure.

Zav is also looking for the Holy wine and has been for all his life. He finds that you have a good idea where it is and so he's come along to stick with you until you find it and then steal it from you. How about that? He could be like a friendly traitor, letting you do all the work and then take it from you at the end.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil- galad was an elven king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountains and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinig helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
zavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 11:24 AM   #105
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

hello, I am back.

Did I miss much????
Old 08-06-2003, 11:41 AM   #106
Eruviel Greenleaf

Hi Sici! Um, yes, you did. Read what you missed, eh?

Zavron. Sorry, mate. Not good enough. First of all, we have enough plot already to...I dunno, make a custard out of. We don't need any more. I know, I'm rejecting your idea again, it's not very nice...but we are really getting the plot rolling, and everything's actually vaguely resembling a state of logicalness. I fear that with your character you'd simply be getting in the way, which annoys me no end and then you might find your character tied up to the my ship and being pulled along behind, scraping against barnacles. Or if you really mess things up, you'll be dancing the hempen jig...

So, what I ask is this: if you want to join the Quest again, you have to a. join as part of the crew, which means under my command and no you may NOT be an officer, b. you must be logical and c. no messing with the plot.

Thanks,

The Captain

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 08-06-2003, 11:53 AM   #107
zavron

It won't mess with the plot. I can still be under your command and In my last post It state's that I'd dropped the status of captain. At the next stop you make my carachter will be there also in the docks. I'll have him looking for a job on board a ship and I'll drop all the nonesense of before, except for one thing. I want my sub. It's not going to be a big thing, it'll only be a two-man one and it can be trailed behind bumping into barnacles of you take it through a reef at you own risk. So please can I have just the mini-sub and looking for a job as, lets say Technician or engineer? A guy who fixes the ship if it breaks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-06-2003, 11:58 AM   #108
Eruviel Greenleaf

Oh, and I forgot to mention last time. Two things.

One. We are not putting in to Port until we have found the wine. So that's out, us finding you at a port. Yes, we're stalking the Emerald to...where was it? Tortuga? But we're not really stopping there for anything except a rescue mission.

Second. I'm sorry, but. NO SUBMARINES. THey mess things up, for starters, and for another, they're totally nachro. We don't have a specified time, but it's definitely before the invention of such things. Think like Golden Age of piracy...

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 08-06-2003, 12:04 PM   #109
zavron

I thought this was a mystical fantasy world full of strange things and Anything can Happen was the only rule. This is you rpg, make a port, and screw up the timeline, it doesn't really matter. I WANT MY SUB. If you can't find a port have me crashed on an island somewhere and help me and tow my mini Iron and running of alcohol sub with you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-06-2003, 12:12 PM   #110
Eruviel Greenleaf

Sorry, kid, I'm not going to screw up my whole rpg, plot and all, just for you.

I thought I'd explained by now, this ISN'T an anything can happen sort of place. A hell of a lot of unlikely things can happen, but it has to be within reason.

And I'm not making an exception for your sub, because I really don't want any submarines in our story. I just said that I didn't want to mess up the plot for a reason. It's not becuase I felt bound by any outside rules, it is because this is the way the story is bloody well going, and I like it that way, and I'm not changing it. Look, Zav, you really made me mad last time you were here with your illogical posts full of poor spelling and carelessness, because you really messed up pages of the story, and because of that I'm not too inclined to be generous to you.

You got it right when you said it's my rpg. Well, mostly right, I dont' own it exclusively. However, this means that it's run the way we want it to be, and that means a definite lack of submarines, and a place for logic, and that while anything is possible, some stuff is so highly unlikely that it's just not going to happen. One of these things is the presence of submarines. They're nachro.

So, you're going to have to try again if you still want in on the quest.

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 08-06-2003, 05:02 PM   #111
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
I thought this was a mystical fantasy world full of strange things and Anything can Happen was the only rule. This is you rpg, make a port, and screw up the timeline, it doesn't really matter. I WANT MY SUB.
Not so. Everything is possible in the realms of probability, but the probability is what makes it possible or not. I hope you guys understand that as am not sure it made any sense but to me. Anyway, basically, things that are highly unlikely can happen if they have a sense of logic and reason. And technically this is *my* rpg. Though I certainly claim only to own the posts I've made meself.

The point of us having a timline or plot, or set of things to achieve if you will, is that we follow that to achieve them.

If you want your sub that much then I suggest you start up something starring it. This thread is set in the sort of time where submarines were just boats with whatever waterproof cloth could be found to streach over the wooden frame, and that could float only about one or two feet below the surface.

*supports captain*

And it's character.

Also, we're going to Tortuga!? Will Captain Jack Sparrow be there? I want to meet him! But oh well, I am trapped. Damn.

EDIT: EG, I have a copy of PotC so I might be able to take some screenshots of any of the ships for the log if that'd be good?

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 08-06-2003 at 05:10 PM.
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 05:14 PM   #112
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Quote by Eg on the RPG-threadOh, someone else can have something happen for once. Honestly. So. Guys. What's happening to our dear first mate?
I have been refraining from writing about the 'adventures' our dear first mate is having on the other ship because I'm not sure what plotline you guys have in mind with the Emerald Star. And I wouldn't want to get in the line of that. Unless you say of course that nothing I can possibly come up with can interfere with the plot. In that case.... [EVIL ]
Old 08-06-2003, 05:23 PM   #113
Elfmaster XK

Well I just wrote a bit of idle conversation between me and prisoner friend to fill the time And said that Katt could go ahead and write, so so can you if you want mate. You can't mess up our plot unless you make me escape. That's the only thing that'd ruin it. So no escaping. Other than that go ahead. Feel creative!

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 08-06-2003, 05:31 PM   #114
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

*sigh* I wish I was a more disciplined writer. This looks fun.
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 06:10 PM   #115
Eruviel Greenleaf

I think you're still listed as crew, Sheeana--you should join in! Er...maybe that wasn't the brightest thing to say...heh...

I think the only real plot we have planned concerning the Emerald is that we have a rescue mission underway. And that Xen can't die or be seriously maimed. That's all.

Send me the pics if you can, E XK, I'll take a look

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 08-06-2003, 09:42 PM   #116
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Plus, Zav can't steal the wine...Willow and I have a plot. *evil grin*

And no, I shan't explain anything until she gets back from Eire.

tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 03:43 AM   #117
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheeana
*sigh* I wish I was a more disciplined writer. This looks fun.
Well, yer welcome to join in. I wrote you as Lost at Sea because no one knew where you were. But that doesn't mean you're gone. You could be at Port or anywhere. Or even hiding in a cabin in the ship? Whatever. If you want to then you can, mate.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 08-07-2003, 05:41 AM   #118
zavron

Fine, I'll get rid of the ship. Eruviel, if you would please dephrane(SP) from insulting me like that. I did not spell badly and the only reason it was a stupid carachter was because when I read the whole thread through, none of the story made sense anyway and didn't seem to follow any plot line. It was just a silly Rpg so I thought it was made for the chance for everybody to show their silly sides. I was obviously mistaken. I apoligise for it though. Sub has now been thrown out of the window.

So, I'd still like to join. How about you pick me up on an Island somewhere. I'll be a science officer or something, an expert on sea life and animals. I'd like one special thing though. He can talk to animals. Does that mess up your plot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-07-2003, 05:55 AM   #119
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally posted by zavron
Eruviel, if you would please dephrane(SP) from insulting me like that. I did not spell badly and the only reason it was a stupid carachter was because when I read the whole thread through, none of the story made sense anyway and didn't seem to follow any plot line. It was just a silly Rpg so I thought it was made for the chance for everybody to show their silly sides. I was obviously mistaken. I apoligise for it though. Sub has now been thrown out of the window.
Refrain from is the word you're looking for. And it is character. Last time, you did spell badly, mate. Now you are better though I won't deny.

And saying our story doesn't make sense ain't the best way to go about things. If you read right from the beginning I stated there and then that the story did have a plan. We were following a story and our RPG is not silly. Well, it is sort of. But it is humourous, or light-hearted in category, but that doesn't mean it is stupid. Anyway. Good. Sub be gone. Thankee.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 08-07-2003, 06:07 AM   #120
zavron

So, what about my other proposal shipmate!
(Refrain, got it) The spelling of carachter is just my way of doing it, you'll have to excuse me for it though because it's so firmly stuck in my head that I do it naturally.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~