Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-26-2002, 09:09 PM   #101
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
As I can't really see Aralle being in the Shire, she will be starting out in another area; she can either start near Hruad and co. or with the elves/Glistenfae, depending on which would work best.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 10:05 PM   #102
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

To me, any of those options would work fine, except perhaps her starting out with Hruad. Starting out around Glistenfae would be good as long as Elvenfaerie doesn't mind, and starting out with the elves would get that plot strand started. Either option would work as far as I'm concerned.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 12:47 AM   #103
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
Aralle will start out with the elves, as she is visiting her friend Losillewen (Ms. Undomial's character)
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 09:41 PM   #104
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

To Fred Baggins

Of course you certainly can leave the RPG if you want to. Actually, I was able to see the differences in the timetable between yours and Adrian's characters from right off, and I was hoping we could simply ignore that. That is probably impossible, so that leaves three options. One, you can alter Belladona's pedegree a little. Two, you can create a new character (That's the option I'd advise . I want you in the RPG ). Or three, you can leave. I'd be sorry to see you go, but if you want to, that's your choice to make.
Old 12-27-2002, 09:46 PM   #105
Adrian Baggins
Frodo's lil sis HP LotR fan

Look sorry Fred, Sicirus and I were on a roll and I didn't want to edit all the posts and I suspect Sicirus didn't either. Sicirus suspected you were playing a boy cause I said Fred your character can enter now. As to the time thing I just posted when I saw the thread I didn't think.
Owner of the 3 unknown rings

I LIKE HIEI!! LOOK AT MY AVITAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Adrian Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 11:04 PM   #106
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
Part of the reason I left was because I couldnt follow what was going on, and you posted so often and I couldn't keep up. If that makes since...I dunno, I'm in a lot of RPG's right now to.
Fred Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 01:32 AM   #107
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

That reason does make a lot of sense. I know other people that have left RPGs for the same reason, but I can't promise you that we'll go any slower. If anything, things might speed up a little, as more people (Like Varda, Ms. Undomial, Silverstripe and others) start posting.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 12-28-2002 at 01:37 AM.
Old 12-28-2002, 10:11 AM   #108
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Ok, now down to who we all are and where we all are.

I am Asaar and Elise.

Elise is in the castle, hanging out till Hurad comes and talks with her.

Asaar is at the INN and some how or other he will come along and join in the quest.

What about you guys?
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 11:19 AM   #109
Adrian Baggins
Frodo's lil sis HP LotR fan

Sicirus and I are still in the Shire, we will leave soon from Sicirus's family's inn/pub and go towards Gondor stopping in Edinwaith finally instead of completing the journey.
Owner of the 3 unknown rings

I LIKE HIEI!! LOOK AT MY AVITAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Adrian Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 11:49 AM   #110
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Sorry to se you go Fred. By the way were are you in Witches and Wizards and hobbits. I caught you up you know.
We are going to meet tyhe horse trainer in Edinwaith and she would tell us of the troubles.
Old 12-28-2002, 12:53 PM   #111
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I expect you won't reach the horse trainer in time; she's heading toward the capitol of Enedwaith and I doubt that you could beat her there.

Boulderhead and Bushbark are in a wood nearby the capitol, and are going to be heading out . . . I'm not quite sure where they're planning to go, but I think it is toward the Barrow Downs. If it is, they'll be heading toward the hobbits, which means you can connect with them. That would be easier, for Athalt Cranain's company will probably already have reached the capitol by then.

Meanwhile, the elves are starting out in Lothlorien. I think it's up to Silverstripe to think of a way for them to get down to Enedwaith.

Imarwyn and Athalt Cranain, at this time, are near the border of Dunland and Rohan. They'll be heading toward the capitol of Enedwaith soon.

Hruad, Vahatres (the king) and Elise are all inside the capitol at this time, Elise waiting in the parlor, Hruad and Vahatres in a meeting.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 12-28-2002 at 12:54 PM.
Old 12-28-2002, 03:42 PM   #112
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicirus
We are going to meet tyhe horse trainer in Edinwaith and she would tell us of the troubles.
I would? I think you've mistaken Imarwyn for Tessar's character Elise. Imarwyn has just arrived in Enedwaith where as Elise comes from the Barrowdowns and knows what's going on there.
Old 12-29-2002, 03:26 AM   #113
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

I shall be joining in, folks (as long as no one has horrible objections to it, of course.)

Tessar, Lief - good to see you guys. And Tessar... I definitely need to agree with Lief on how much your writing has improved. I was astounded by it - very, very nice stuff.

My character:

Name: Aasinav (Pronounced: Aye-Sin-Nav)

Description: He looks to be around a human in his late 40's, and has a very scholarly look about him. A wandering and intermittent sage, he knows a great deal about very many things. Has, of late, been delving into the history of the Barrow Downs.

Last edited by Mathron : 12-29-2002 at 03:30 AM.
Mathron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 04:59 AM   #114
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
I am really confused with this Rpg.

I think I skipped reading a bit by accident. I feel as if I'm totally messing it up

Can someone explain to me briefly what's going on!
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 12:02 PM   #115
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mathron
I shall be joining in, folks (as long as no one has horrible objections to it, of course.)

Tessar, Lief - good to see you guys. And Tessar... I definitely need to agree with Lief on how much your writing has improved. I was astounded by it - very, very nice stuff.

My character:

Name: Aasinav (Pronounced: Aye-Sin-Nav)

Description: He looks to be around a human in his late 40's, and has a very scholarly look about him. A wandering and intermittent sage, he knows a great deal about very many things. Has, of late, been delving into the history of the Barrow Downs.

A. Thanks so much! And I'm glad that your joining as well .

B. Don't be surprised if Elise is very interested in your guy. Being a scholorly sort of fellow he would be very interesting company for her.
Old 12-29-2002, 12:07 PM   #116
zavron
Chieftain of The Order of The Blue Flame

Here is a list of carachters I know off properly:

The Fellowship:

BushBark: Ent of Fangorn Forest. A young Ent with a Hasty attitude. Adventurous and has a big stock of Onto-Draught and Ent-Draught in his cupboards. Knows the Ontor Boulderhead and is his best friend. (If blackboar wishes to Include mor Pm me)

BoulderHead: An Ontor of the Misty Mountains. Strong, extremely hardy, and has an amazing capacity to heal damage quickly. While not too smart, not too wise, and being shunned by most races, He is not so bad as people might think, and can be quite a welcome addition to any group. Friendly and Trustworthy although clumsy, he is a Good-Humored pascifist and will not abide the Mistreatment of any creature. Can appear sometimes as a rock Formation on the ground.

Ashinav: He looks to be around a human in his late 40's, and has a very scholarly look about him. A wandering and intermittent sage, he knows a great deal about very many things. Has, of late, been delving into the history of the Barrow Downs.

Hruad: (need to pm me of carachter)

Please Pm me about the other carachters to save messing around.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil- galad was an elven king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountains and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinig helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by zavron : 12-29-2002 at 12:51 PM.
zavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 12:33 PM   #117
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

For those of you who don't have 'time' (time? What time do you think it is? ) to read through the whole RPG or this thread, I would suggest that you go ahead and do it any ways. It should take you a very short time as most of the posts ARE short.

So please, for everyones good, just take a look .
Old 12-29-2002, 12:38 PM   #118
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

There is a lot going on here at quite a fast rate, so if you don't have time to do as Tessar suggests, you can simply read the thread that has to do with your characters.
Old 12-29-2002, 01:44 PM   #119
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
posted by zavron in the Hytorax-thread:
ooc: errr...Earniel. Me and Bushbark are with you now.
Oh, I'm sorry zavron. I didn't realise it. Since you said 'elf' in your post, I assumed you were setting up things for the elven characters of Varda Oiolosseo, Elf.Freak and Ms. Undomial. My character is human which is why I didn't think you were talking about her. I'll repost her description from page 2 to avoid further confusion:

Quote:
A young woman from Rohan named Imarwyn. She's a trainer of horses and comes from an old but poor family. She doesn't wield a sword because she finds it too heavy to her liking, she fights with two long daggers or a spear instead. What she lacks in strength, she has in speed. She knows a thing or two about herbs but is no healer. In stature she's a bit smaller than most but not little.
Right now she's with Athalt Cranain (one of Lief Erikson's character) and his soldiers traveling to Néred, the capital of Enedwaith.

I hope this clears things up.

Last edited by Earniel : 12-29-2002 at 01:51 PM.
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 02:35 PM   #120
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Do all of you have maps of Middle Earth? If some of you are confused as to the locations, getting out a map should make everything more plain. Enedwaith is a real place, even if Néred isn't.

The elves are at Lothlorien, the hobbits recently left Hobbiton (I think. They're in that general area, anyway), Hruad and Elise are in Néred, Imarwyn and Athalt Cranain are two days travel from Néred.

The forest where Bushbark lives is within a days journey from Néred, but it is perfectly plausible that Boulderhead has just encountered Athalt Cranain's troop. If that's what you meant to happen, Zavron. Bushbark could perhaps have gone with Boulderhead to the Ontor's dwelling place. That would pretty well explain how those characters connected.

So that takes care of the ent thread, the hobbit thread, the soldier thread and what's happening in the capitol. Everyone clear?

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackboar
I am really confused with this Rpg.

I think I skipped reading a bit by accident. I feel as if I'm totally messing it up

Can someone explain to me briefly what's going on!
So Barkboar, your character is with Zavron's, and (If I'm not misinterpreting Zavron's intentions) they both just met Athalt Cranain's soldiers. I suppose they decided to do their investigation after they consulted with Boulderhead's folk, or something like that.

How we're planning for things to happen, according to the plot, is most of the concerned characters will meet with each other and connect. The hobbits and Lothlorien elves probably will meet (If those that are playing elves start posting soon), and they'll travel to Enedwaith. Hruad will find out that using the Hytorax is the only way Vahatres' mind can be restored, and that'll be the final thing that clinches the situation in his mind and sets the quest in motion.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 12-29-2002 at 02:36 PM.