Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-02-2000, 11:17 AM   #101
Shanamir Duntak

Re: Dumbest thing you've done recently...

Yeah, I make them (my little scouts) start their fire with only one match too. And since the time I did 48 hours of survival, I always, ALWAYS have a lighter on me!
Old 10-03-2000, 09:07 PM   #102
RovingTurtle

Geez who woulda thought Gil had a crazy burn stuff scientist side **looks at gil and his multiple personalities** well on second thought

Dumbest thing I've done recently was be totally honest to one of my closest friends and lost the friendship. If I could go back in time I can't decide if I would do it again or not, should I have lied and spared his feelings or told him the truth and lost a friend, i dont know. Well any how it feels dumb
Old 10-03-2000, 09:32 PM   #103
SarahStar

One-match fires? Hmph. Real...uh, fire-building people...make zero-match fires! :lol: (That's what I get out of six years of cooking meals over open fires at no-running-water-no-electricity-commando-style-night-games camp. Not that I really got to start a lot of fires. The guys would literally get up at the crack of dawn to have that great honor. )

I do a lot of stupid things. All the time. Like yesterday when I left my notes in the library...the day I signed up to take physics...the time I completely forgot to use fabric softener (with towels and jeans, no less)...

Old 10-04-2000, 01:36 AM   #104
Shanamir Duntak

How can't he forgive you? If it was so much of a good friend, he would understand your desire to be honest with him! ... Anyway, let time flow and in a couple of months/years/(decades?) he'll understand the errors of his way.
Old 10-04-2000, 09:29 PM   #105
Elbreth of Carhouth

Telling the truth is never a stupid thing. I've lost a few friendships over it too, and decided that if they couldn't handle the truth, they weren't supportive enough to be my friend. If any of them came back and still wanted to be friends, I would do so willingly.

I haven't yet mastered the no-match fires! Though I am getting better. I borrow my brother's flint.
Old 10-04-2000, 10:19 PM   #106
SarahStar

No-match fires

Well, if it's a cooking fire, you can usually find some hot embers left over from the evening before. Or so I gather.
Old 10-05-2000, 12:01 AM   #107
RovingTurtle

Re: No-match fires

I suppose you are both right...
And on a completly unrelated and near babbling topic, Its raining tonight and there is lightning and the whole nine yards but BOY DOES IT LOOK BEAUTIFUL
Old 10-05-2000, 02:47 AM   #108
Sauganast

Ah yes, the many ways of starting fires......... (i'll let all of you finish this one, )
Old 10-05-2000, 04:53 AM   #109
Shanamir Duntak

I want to see an electric storm!

I'll be camping next week... well, I hope. Need something to change ideas.
Old 10-05-2000, 08:20 PM   #110
Elanor

be careful. Those storms are no joke. If it gets bad, stay in your car.
Old 10-05-2000, 11:03 PM   #111
Elbreth of Carhouth

Know what I really miss? Saskatchewan rainstorms. The best in Canada, I'm convinced. The clouds are black, green, purple, dark blue, and grey. The lightning is red, purple, white, and yellow. The most amazing light show anyone can ever see. And there isn't just the normal jagged lightning either, there's lighning that jumps from cloud to cloud, or from one to 8 so it looks like a spider, or lightning that just lights up a cloud, you can't even see it, just a glowing cloud or bank of clouds. And then the sound, and the smell! Man, do I ever miss that. I moved from Saskatchewand when I was 10.
Old 10-07-2000, 03:53 AM   #112
Sauganast

Today I was sitting and thinking when I says to my self I say "Its been a while since I did anything really stupid." So anyway, I call up some friends and we decide to make a little homemade movie with absolutly no plot. And to make a long story short I was trying this stunt where I jump and a car hits me, but I jumped at the wrong time, got cranked in the legs, smashed my head against the hood and got a concusion.
Old 04-03-2003, 12:18 AM   #113
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

dumbest thing i have ever done is bought a paintball gun and shot myself in the foot
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote