Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-17-2005, 12:31 PM   #101
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
The Evil One

Thats good - when i was like 4 - i was at a feeding zoo - and the baby deer like licked all the skin off my thumb. I don't know which one it was either. lol :P
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 02:05 PM   #102
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

I had just finished making breakfast today, and I was looking all around the kitchen for the pepper, when it turned out, it was right in front of my plate! I wasn't really embarrassed, I just felt kinda stupid after that.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Thain Peregrin Took I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 06:21 PM   #103
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Sometimes when I was in elementay school when I was really late, I was more late because I looked and looked for up to ten minutes for my backpack which was already on my back.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:28 AM   #104
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

I perpetually cannot pour myself a glass of milk without spilling (usually while trying to carry the glass to wherever I'm attempting to eat my meal (aka - wearing my meal).

So the real embarrasment was my boss slipping in some coffee I'd spilled on the way to my desk . . . ClutzRme

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!
EarthBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 12:28 PM   #105
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

About 1½ years or so ago, I was walking to a religion class and I felt something drop on my head. I figured it was just water, as I was standing under a tree. I found out I didn't have class that day, so I went back to our car. When I got in, my mom noticed that there was bird... droppings on my head and down my shirt.

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Old 02-13-2005, 01:14 AM   #106
Juicybearfut
Hobbit

well besides the fact that when i compete in floor for gymnastics sometimes i end up mooning the whole team.....its really bad when i have home meets cuz all my friends come to them...

there was also this time during the summer where my friend and i went to hte movies...and right near the movies is a stop and shop so we went there and decided to race towards the door...so i start sprinting towards the door, and since its an automatic one i expect it to open.....apparently they leave all their lights on when they're closed so i just ran into the door and fell backwards on my butt

another time all of my friends were outside at one persons house...and my friend and i run inside to get something...so they have the screen door close but its dark so i cant see it, so i run and jump through the door...and the screen throws me backwards into my friend...
Juicybearfut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 12:01 AM   #107
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Location: Hiding under my bed reading LOTR at 1:43am, Middle earth (Seattle WA)
Owch.

Whell, I ran into one of thoes door dividers on doubble doors on my way to an assembley once. I feel down and evryone started laughing. I was then ticked off when my frend started saying "Be carefull, be shure to walk around the pole this time!" whenever we walked thro doubble doors after that.

Vote Trolls' Bane/Elanor's Angel 2008!!!
Elanor's Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 11:21 AM   #108
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Back when we lived in Colorado, my class was studying the 1800's or something, and we went on a fieldtrip to a place where it showed you what life was like back then (outhouses and all). So we went into this little building that would have been the school. Then the lady there had us all sit down and she asked us who our President was now. I thought I was so smart, because I was the only person to raise my hand. She made me stand up and say my answer, and brilliant me said "George W. Bush!" And then she said "Nope, never heard of him." And as I started to think "What the heck!" another person in my class got up and said "Abraham Lincoln" and the person who was acting as a teacher said that was right, and then it hit me... they really made it like the 1800's.

Old 02-22-2005, 10:22 PM   #109
Mercutio

so one of our Senators (one of two!...anyway) was at our school a few months ago and talked during an assembly. This was for a career day thing he couldn't come to earlier, so we got a special visit. At one point he was asking the kids (about 300 of us) what states only had one representative. Among Delaware, Montana, etc...this poor 7th grader in the front row raised her hand and said -- "Canada" Senator Carper nicely said/pointed out that Canada...believe it or not...isn't actually a state in the U.S. ! surprise!

we all felt so sorry for her but yet it was hilarious

Interested in C.S. Lewis? Visit the forum dedicated
to one of Tolkien's greatest contemporaries.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 03:04 PM   #110
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill

Er....last night I made a bit of a Freudian slip.

I was hanging out with my gaggle of guy friends, and we were talking about bodices and corsets (for some reason..). It was also very, very late. And I wasn't thinking about what I was saying.

NOt a good idea to say "I know what boning feels like" in that situation.

Oh...lordy.

::dies::
Old 03-11-2005, 11:36 AM   #111
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

A couple months ago, we were studying Australia in geography. As we were writing down the name of some cities on the map, I wrote down Sydney. Then I said "That's where [dreamy voice]Nemo[/dreamy voice] went." I had forgotten his name for a minute, and instead of saying it in my regular voice, it came out in sort of a dreamy sigh. (For those of you who are thinking "Who the heck is Nemo?" he's a fish in the movie 'Finding Nemo'.) Oh yeah, that was embarrassing.

Old 06-08-2005, 11:02 PM   #112
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Man, I soak up embarrassing moments like a sponge! Here's another one for your enjoyment:
On Saturday we went to our friends graduation party. We had gone inside because it was getting cold, and we sat on a couch. After a while, I just happened to lean foreward, and one of MB's friends (who also happeneded to be the friend of the friend who was having the graduation party...) said there was something on the back of my shirt. And to make a long story short, a cat had pooped on a blanket the that was on the couch and I had leaned on it.

Old 06-08-2005, 11:26 PM   #113
katya
Elven Maiden

This might be a little on the naughty side...

I was chilling out in biology class, just kind of looking out the window. Behind me, some of my friends were talking. I heard one of them say, "Yeah, with cream filling!" I turned around and said "Mmm, cream filling!" They started laughing and then I found out what they had been talking about- one friend had drawn a doodle of Kirby. Another kid had drawn in a bit of an *ahem* addition to it and they had said something about how he's a puff. With cream filling. I tried to explain myself by saying "No, that's not what I meant! I mean like in a Twinkie!" It didn't help.^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanor's Angel
LOL!!! (yup, I'm back for now!!)
I felt pritty lame the other day when the kids in my math class started commenting on me sitting in the back of the room petting my new calculator saying "My precious!" and hissing at anyone who came near it.

(I love my new calculator!)
I tend to call my calculator "my baby" while I stroke it. What kind of calculator is it? Mine's a TI-83 plus. Yeah, there's better ones out there. My friend has a TI-89 Titanium *jealous, envious*. I still love it though. My old calculator was named Gandalf, by the way. It's a Casio something.

Last edited by katya : 06-08-2005 at 11:46 PM.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 07:46 AM   #114
EarthBound

Not sure if this a venting or an embarrassing post...probably both.

Tuesday I met with another Natural Resource gal and a landowner to discuss some options yadayadayada.....it was really hot and very windy, so even though I've cut my hair (and went strawberry blonde for the summer ) it still likes to cover my face like a hydrangea bush when the wind blows....but all that I had in my gov. truck was a very DORKY ball cap...you know the type big upright why front and square bill, tacky beyond belief...with my sunglasses and ball cap on to deal with the elements I looked like some sort of goofy weirdo.....anyhoo, while I was prancing around the property trying to get the others to take me seriously they kept looking at my hat and smirking....later I found a great big squished moth sticking off the top front of the cap....looked like a hood ornament.....

ahhhh, your government in action.....

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Old 06-13-2005, 11:03 AM   #115
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

look, nothing is truly embarrassing, because by the next day, someone else will do something, and everyone will have forgotten you, it is the natural order of things.
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 11:09 AM   #116
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

but seeing as i have nothing better to do, i will post one anyway

it was the summer of 2002, shortly before my family where due to move out of the city and county i lived in, and so at the end of school me and my band where due to headline the concert, and so, last one on, we get up to rapturous applause, and where about to perform our traditional opening number, which is a cover of Dominion/Mother Russia by The Sisters of Mercy, a song I had performed countless times, to crowds of 50-200 people, the intro plays out, i move closer to the mic, i open my mouth to sing, and i stare blankly into the crowd, i had forgotten the song!! luckily my mates knew what to do, and carried on the intro for a full five more minutes, before i give the nod and start singing, to compensate, we extended all the instrumental solos and the ending, making a 10 minute piece (we already had it extended beyond the original) into 25 minutes of techno-goth brilliance, and no-one noticed but us.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:33 PM   #117
EarthBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Child of Ungoliant
but seeing as i have nothing better to do, i will post one anyway

it was the summer of 2002, shortly before my family where due to move out of the city and county i lived in, and so at the end of school me and my band where due to headline the concert, and so, last one on, we get up to rapturous applause, and where about to perform our traditional opening number, which is a cover of Dominion/Mother Russia by The Sisters of Mercy, a song I had performed countless times, to crowds of 50-200 people, the intro plays out, i move closer to the mic, i open my mouth to sing, and i stare blankly into the crowd, i had forgotten the song!! luckily my mates knew what to do, and carried on the intro for a full five more minutes, before i give the nod and start singing, to compensate, we extended all the instrumental solos and the ending, making a 10 minute piece (we already had it extended beyond the original) into 25 minutes of techno-goth brilliance, and no-one noticed but us.
Oh, don't get me started on "on the road" band miss-haps & adventures...I traveled for four (4) years with bands (lead guitar) professionaly. Yikes.

Excellent turn around, must have been a 'tight' band to compensate for adjustment. Good job!

Happy to be here

Old 06-13-2005, 04:50 PM   #118
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

yeh, we were always quite 'in tune', if you'll forgive the pun, one time i recall, my lead guitarist broke two strings in one song, so i grabbed my guitar, and i am rubbish at playing, and managed to carry on his piece whilst he grabbed a spare, luckily it was not a hard bit, and it was between choruses, so i didnt have to concentrate on singing, thank god
Old 06-28-2005, 02:32 PM   #119
EarthBound

Changed my email address here at the Moot then didn't check my mail to confirm the address change (didn't notice I had too but should have known! ) sooooooooo.....I was suddenly locked out of posting at the moot! I thought I had been silently BANNED It was horrible.....then yesterday I checked my mail and noticed the 'confirmation notice' from the moot I needed to reply to.....and my world came back into focus......and I saw I was a completely pathetic idiot! As mentioned elsewhere...I don't know how the moot puts up with me, I'm completely mental...

Happy to be here

Old 11-03-2005, 01:56 PM   #120
EarthBound

I just noticed that the cupcake I ate this morning left a large piece of shrapnel in my hair....that no one bothered to mention to me.....that I only noticed in the mirror in the ladies room about 5 minutes ago......the snickers I was hearing earlier now begin to make sense.....

Happy to be here