Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-13-2010, 01:18 AM   #101
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Hopefully something good comes of your situation Earniel. Sound like the end of days, the stuff I've people go through lately. Kind of makes me wonder about 2012 being a myth or not...hmm, guess we'll find out (and for me, I hope it is).

Why would I hope for doom on 2012? Because I went to wash clothes because everyone else is sick here too, and I'm the least sick, so I had to wash the clothes. What was so bad about washing clothes you ask? Well, nothing, except that I messed up two of my shirts and two pairs of my pants, along with a few of Amy's things. Cost of replacement is probably 200 dollars. It's the price you pay to be somewhat stylish, then not take the precautions to wash things properly. Now anything that has any light color has been pinkified, though a few lucky items were able to avoid this brutal version of death. So...f**k...life is just fantastic. Life's a vat of liquid s**t and we all have to take a bath in it sometime. *suspiciously looks at pain killer pills and other narcotic medications* ugh....f**k Not that this one situation is all that bad. I haven't expressed a tenth of what's gone on lately... But it's more like going through a war, losing, and then sitting on the park bench to sulk when all of the sudden, the bench collapses as I'm sitting on it. It's that little feather that drives the barely-balancing vehicle off the cliff.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:58 AM   #102
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Well, you don't have it easy Ingwe. I'm sorry and I hope things will improve eventually.

It's obvious that you have a pretty downcast perspective on life. But venting such emotions is what this thread is for! I hope you'll feel like expressing more of what's gone on lately - there are people here who will listen and comfort
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:55 AM   #103
Mari
Elf Lady

You're all sick eh? Bummer Flu?
And Ingwe, in case it helps: I destroyed the washing machine AND everything being washed in it once by forgetting to take a deck of playing cards out of my jeans.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:01 AM   #104
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

A whole washing machine? Oh my...I better make sure not to put anything like that in the washing machine. I usually check pockets for stuff that might be in them, especially sharp objects like tooth-picks that could render the washing machine explodeded.

So a third kid is coming up sometime later this year. Wooohooo. It's time to kiss any kind of free time goodbye by then. I generally like to have about an hour or two a day to dedicate to doing things by myself (I value my privacy), such as reading books, listening to music, and just staring off into the distance. Well, that's going to be down to about 3 minutes a day for a while. The first few months is a drag on everyone.

And I was simply just angry yesterday, so much so that after I found that I had made a disaster of my clothes as well as a few things of Amy's, I got a glass of water and just threw it at my face, drenching myself in water, and getting some water in my nose. I don't know, it felt good, lol.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:02 AM   #105
Mari
Elf Lady

Hehe, if that works for you.
Congratulations on being a daddy again soon. (though technically you can't become a daddy again since you already are one, but never mind that)
It's been a while since we chatted, isn't it? How's Amy?

Old 01-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #106
Mari
Elf Lady

I think my old laptop is now definitely fried
It won't even start up anymore. *sigh*

Old 01-16-2010, 02:51 PM   #107
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

*sigh* I miss getting hugs and holding hands. :-/ Oh well.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:21 PM   #108
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

*holds hands*

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:56 AM   #109
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*hugs*
Old 01-17-2010, 11:01 AM   #110
Mari
Elf Lady

*tackles*
Not sure if you missed those, but I missed tackling you, so I thought 'Why not?'

Old 01-17-2010, 01:08 PM   #111
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Thanks guys .
Old 01-18-2010, 04:29 AM   #112
Amael
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe View Post
A whole washing machine? Oh my...I better make sure not to put anything like that in the washing machine. I usually check pockets for stuff that might be in them, especially sharp objects like tooth-picks that could render the washing machine explodeded.

So a third kid is coming up sometime later this year. Wooohooo. It's time to kiss any kind of free time goodbye by then. I generally like to have about an hour or two a day to dedicate to doing things by myself (I value my privacy), such as reading books, listening to music, and just staring off into the distance. Well, that's going to be down to about 3 minutes a day for a while. The first few months is a drag on everyone.

And I was simply just angry yesterday, so much so that after I found that I had made a disaster of my clothes as well as a few things of Amy's, I got a glass of water and just threw it at my face, drenching myself in water, and getting some water in my nose. I don't know, it felt good, lol.
Some of my clothes, like a skirt and a couple of T-shirts. That isn't that much, not enough to get upset about. Even if it was an entire closet worth of clothes, it's still not the end of the world although admittedly, in that case I would be quite upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Hehe, if that works for you.
Congratulations on being a daddy again soon. (though technically you can't become a daddy again since you already are one, but never mind that)
It's been a while since we chatted, isn't it? How's Amy?
I'm doing very well lately. I hadn't been online too much myself, besides watching some videos on the Youtube. That place is filled mostly with content from wannabe celebrities or escaped mental patients, but that makes what they do so enjoyable!
Amael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:46 AM   #113
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amael View Post

I'm doing very well lately. I hadn't been online too much myself, besides watching some videos on the Youtube. That place is filled mostly with content from wannabe celebrities or escaped mental patients, but that makes what they do so enjoyable!
OMG, isn't youtube the best? >.> Craziness abounds.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:42 AM   #114
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I did not have a good day, and it's pretty much my own fault for trying to do what I hope is the right thing with my life. It better be the right thing.

All I can say is that when I die, there had better be someone at those pearly gates holding a list with my name on it and a $#%)ing gold star next to it, or I am going to be EXTREMELY displeased.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:10 AM   #115
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Chin up, tomorrow will be better
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:00 AM   #116
Mari
Elf Lady

Trying to do the right thing is always for the best, at least you'll know you tried, even if you don't get the result you'd hoped for. *hug* Well done.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:43 PM   #117
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Feeling super alone right now thanks to a little conversation my friends had when they thought I was asleep. It's not that they said anything bad about me, but it sure makes me feel bad.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:50 PM   #118
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Is it possible they knew (or susptected?) you weren't really asleep?

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:35 AM   #119
Midge
Faithful Gardener

*sigh* I hate school, with a great passion. I would rather just drop out and go find a job at a bank or something. Night classes are the WORST idea anyone ever had... I've got two this semester.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Midge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:23 PM   #120
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil View Post
Is it possible they knew (or suspected?) you weren't really asleep?
I don't think they realized I could hear them. I had headphones on, and I had put a pillow over my head because they were just talking about sex and stuff that I really don't have a particular desire to hear about... but I could still hear them.

I was dumb. I should've just gotten up and left the room from the very start, but the only place I could've gone was the hotel lobby but that area was drafty, and I would've had to change back into my jeans and stuff from the shorts/t-shirt I had already changed into, and then there was no telling how long they were going to be talking about that stuff so.... you know?

Then another friend ended up basically ignoring me the entire tour because he wanted to spend LITERALLY EVERY FREAKING MOMENT texting with a girl who said she wouldn't go out with him. It's because the girl knows his former girlfriend and she doesn't want to create an awkward situation. This guy is NOT used to being told 'no' (girls pretty much throw themselves at him because he's very kind, charming, and talented), so I suspect the main reason he's pursuing her so hard now is just because she told him no from the beginning.

This is the guy I was sitting next to on the bus for the entire tour, although I wasn't rooming with him, and he's pretty much my best friend in the world. Aaaaand he almost completely ignored me. For a girl who won't go out with him. Gee that feels great.

So now not only is my friend ignoring me, but apparently people are speculating about my sexuality and whether or not I'm 'really Catholic', secretly bi, repressed, really gay, secretly seeing someone, or whether I'll "break free from Catholicism when I'm older." Which... you know what? If they want to talk about that FINE. They can gossip all they want. But I was right there. I can kind of understand because they probably thought I couldn't hear, but.... come on.

I'm probably being dumb and dramatic, but it felt like just one thing after another kept happening over the last three days. I'm probably just an enormous wuss. Oh well. At least I'm back home now, and the 'tour' finishes tomorrow with us just driving ourselves to the locations around town (we toured a nearby city, singing for high school students, and tomorrow we'll hit a couple of local schools).