Nooooooooo!!!!!! Is nothing sacred?
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 03:25 AM   #102
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Nooooooooo!!!!!! Is nothing sacred?
ohhh thats right your a Beatles fan MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
nah its not really a cover coz its unreleased and he did a few songs when before he got Tim Skold to do The Golden Age of the Grotesque... either way rest assured that Mansons version would be a lot better than Soundgardens
Old 05-03-2003, 08:20 PM   #103
FoolofaTook
Elven Warrior

Quote:
hmmm i thought it was funny aswell because in popularity stakes Marilyn Manson sells more records that them
What does popularity have to do with musical talent? Many bands or "Artists" are very popular, and they suck! Marilyn Manson is good, but the arguement you are making in favour of him is quite weak. The Chili Peppers are an amazingly talented band, their image and popularity has nothing to do with their talent.

By the way I do believe that the Red Hot Chili Peppers ARE more popular than MM. (although it doesn't really matter)
FoolofaTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 04:12 AM   #104
Millane
The Dude

god can i stop repeating myself... please let me direct you to the previous page... It was a little misunderstanding between IR and myself... i took something he said to mean he was talking about popularity and so i said if we are talking about popularity then Manson is beats Chilli Peppers anyway...
Quote:
By the way I do believe that the Red Hot Chili Peppers ARE more popular than MM. (although it doesn't really matter)
in which case you are fighting a losing battle... you obviously have no idea of MM's masses of fans... i dont mind people competing between NIN and Marilyn Manson as far as musical talent goes (NIN does nothing for me personally) because i can acknowledge that Reznor is incredibly talented RHCP are talented but not that talented...
Quote:
but the arguement you are making in favour of him is quite weak.
which argument are you talking about?
Old 05-04-2003, 02:11 PM   #105
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally posted by FoolofaTook
What does popularity have to do with musical talent? Many bands or "Artists" are very popular, and they suck! Marilyn Manson is good, but the arguement you are making in favour of him is quite weak. The Chili Peppers are an amazingly talented band, their image and popularity has nothing to do with their talent.
Yup. Nobody has heard of the best, talented bands that I can think of. Blind Guardian, Hammerfall, Elvenking, Pink Floyd...
Maybe some people have but not many listen to them just because they're not popular or they're 'old.'
Old 05-04-2003, 02:48 PM   #106
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombadillo
Yup. Nobody has heard of the best, talented bands that I can think of. Blind Guardian, Hammerfall, Elvenking, Pink Floyd...
Maybe some people have but not many listen to them just because they're not popular or they're 'old.'
I'll agree with you on everything there (I know Blind Guardian, Hammerfall and Pink Floyd). But I think Pink Floyd is well known and popular although they are old. I can't think of anyone who hasn't heard of Pink Floyd even if they don't listen to classic rock.
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 05:13 PM   #107
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
Nobody listens to them cause they're old! aaack! ...hee hee, How about ALL the "Old" people! Let me get my blower dryer plugged in....OK, I'll be happy to dry the area behind anyones ears! This "ageism" thing is certainly a double edged sword!
Old 05-04-2003, 05:26 PM   #108
Huan
Elven Warrior

What oh what is with all the talk of Marilyn Manson?!! This thread is supposed to be about GUITAR PLAYERS. Has anyone ever SEEN Marilyn Manson with a guitar in his hands?
Huan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 06:07 PM   #109
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

LOL!
Old 05-05-2003, 06:04 AM   #110
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
What oh what is with all the talk of Marilyn Manson?!! This thread is supposed to be about GUITAR PLAYERS. Has anyone ever SEEN Marilyn Manson with a guitar in his hands?
well i started off talking about John 5 then me and IR started argueing over who was better out of marilyn manson and RHCP... 2nd Marilyn Manson is the band aswell and i was talking about the band aswell as the man... and lastly YES i have seen MM with a guitar in his hand he performs last day on earth by himself so HA!
Quote:
ummm actually MM is the only sorta recent band i like... what are you talking about Pink Floyd is popular as, everyone knows Pink Floyd...
Old 05-05-2003, 07:37 AM   #111
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Quote:
I think I implied their greatness when I talked about not listing all the numerous metal guitarists from Scandinavia and northeastern Europe because nobody else would know them. But I did see somebody mention Alexei Laiho. Was it afro-elf? I can't remember.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 06:51 PM   #112
Millane
The Dude

OMG i downloaded a cover of Golden Years by David Bowie done by MM... its incredibly awesome my day is so much better
Old 05-15-2003, 07:28 PM   #113
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

I read once that Buckethead audtioned for the Red Hot Chili Peppers for a replacement guitarist. During his audition he just performed his usual phenomenal playing and stage persona, Moonwalking, Breakdancing, robot dance etc.

They turned him down for some reason. They must have had some high standards.

Anyway, The Red Hot Chili Peppers are incredibly talented band, Manson doesn't come close to their their musicianship.
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 09:37 PM   #114
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Quote:
Originally posted by Comic Book Guy
I read once that Buckethead audtioned for the Red Hot Chili Peppers for a replacement guitarist. During his audition he just performed his usual phenomenal playing and stage persona, Moonwalking, Breakdancing, robot dance etc.

They turned him down for some reason. They must have had some high standards.

Anyway, The Red Hot Chili Peppers are incredibly talented band, Manson doesn't come close to their their musicianship.
They probably turned him down cus they didn't want him stealing the show, like he did with AXL's Guns.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Old 06-05-2003, 07:49 PM   #115
Comic Book Guy

Quote:
They probably turned him down cus they didn't want him stealing the show, like he did with AXL's Guns.
Well, Bucket has really stolen the show really, it's not as if the average person will immediately think of the guy when someone mentions G&R. If anything they think Slash or Axl.
Old 06-08-2003, 01:54 AM   #116
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Quote:
Well, Bucket has really stolen the show really, it's not as if the average person will immediately think of the guy when someone mentions G&R. If anything they think Slash or Axl.
What annoys me is the people that automatically think of GnR when I mention Buckethead. The absolute worst was the comment, "Oh yeah don't you like Slash's new look?" That made my soul cry. No offense to Slash, he's a great guitarist and performer, but Buckethead is way better IMO.

Old 06-08-2003, 07:57 AM   #117
Comic Book Guy

Quote:
What annoys me is the people that automatically think of GnR when I mention Buckethead. The absolute worst was the comment, "Oh yeah don't you like Slash's new look?" That made my soul cry. No offense to Slash, he's a great guitarist and performer, but Buckethead is way better IMO.
Yes, I agree on all your points, though I do find it funny when people think he's Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Slash etc in disguise. I then have to correct them, by just explaining that he is is own person.

Interesting fact, Buckethead is the guitarist on Viggo Mortenson's poetry album.

Last edited by Comic Book Guy : 06-08-2003 at 08:00 AM.
Old 06-09-2003, 02:59 AM   #118
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Anyway, The Red Hot Chili Peppers are incredibly talented band, Manson doesn't come close to their their musicianship
now that youve brought it up again, and MM's Golden Age of Grotesque has been released how bout we compare it with Chilli Peppers last album... hahehHAHAHAHA i WIN!!!!
Old 06-09-2003, 11:44 AM   #119
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Quote:

Interesting fact, Buckethead is the guitarist on Viggo Mortenson's poetry album.
He does a lot of weird stuff. That's half of why he's such a character. He can and will play anything.

Old 06-20-2003, 03:47 PM   #120
Elvedans
Diamond Of The Night Sky

Brian May wins hands down - no contest.
Elvedans is offline   Reply With Quote