Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 04:26 PM   #101
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Great news indeed! Glad to hear things are finally going better, RĂ*an.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:20 PM   #102
RĂ­an
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Yay! That's very good news! *carries Rian in a happy dance*
Yay! And you don't have to carry me now, I think I can do it myself! *dances the happy dance with just a little limp left over*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
Great news indeed! Glad to hear things are finally going better, Rían.
It's been a loooong 3 months of limping! Physical therapists (good ones, that is) are the BEST!!!! *raises a glass to good physical therapists*

Here's to everyone's feet - may they live long and prosper!

I think I"ll call those two podiatrists and update them, just so they know for the next person. I wonder if they were just bad podiatrists, or if my case was just unusual because I walked on a dislocating foot for 6 weeks and it made a lot of damage ... anyway, I'll call them, and I hope they don't get offended at it - I'm just trying to pass on information to help them, and whoever else might have a situation like mine. I'm sooooo glad I don't have to get that spinal shot thing!!!!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by RĂ­an : 01-05-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:38 PM   #103
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

RĂ*an, if they get all offended to politely worded feedback, they are quite likely very lousy doctors.

I am so glad your foot is better! I am a huge fan of physiotherapy for injuries like that. Injured joints are so annoying! I'm really glad your better.

My original reason for coming to this thread was to say, "Yay, RĂ*an is back! "
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 01-05-2008, 07:42 PM   #104
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

That's great news Sharon. Long may it continue.

It'll be interesting how they respond.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:53 PM   #105
RĂ­an
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Yes, it will - doctors tend to have egos ...

But both of them seemed to be good guys, and I hope they'll take it as it's meant - an addition to their database for the good of all. And I have to try, because it could help someone else.

Nice to be back - I basically took all of December off, and it was good, but it's nice to be back *Moothugs*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 01-06-2008, 08:03 AM   #106
Mari
Elf Lady

In a few hours I will pick up my Norwegian friend from the airport! He will stay here for 8 days! I'm so happy, I haven't seen him in over 6 months. I do have to work, so he'll stay with our mutual friend for most of the time, but we have some fun things scheduled

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 01-06-2008, 12:41 PM   #107
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

Yay RĂ*an! I sprained my ankle a few days ago but it's better now, I can't imagine 3 months like that.

Thanks so much to Last Child of Ungoliant, Twista, and BeardofPants for my avatar!
Old 01-06-2008, 05:12 PM   #108
RĂ­an

Yes, it's been very hard, and I really appreciate walking now, to say the least! I'm at about 85% normal now.

Have fun, Mari - friends are so wonderful!

Old 01-07-2008, 01:47 AM   #109
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Good to hear, Rían! Sometimes you have to search in order to find what you need.. I'm glad you did.

I'm happy because I'm back home.. It's quiet and nice here (at the moment )!

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 01-07-2008, 05:13 AM   #110
Mari
Elf Lady

Yay! Happy time!!! My friends are still asleep. It's really as though we last saw each other yesterday.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 01-07-2008, 09:05 AM   #111
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

That's wonderful, Mari!

I'm still in shock. My plan mostly worked! I jogged, lifted weights, then read a book (okay, ended up being a star wars novel and not an improving book, but still...) and fell asleep pretty quickly! Mind you it was still midnight, but I woke up this morning at 5:30, so... I did get some sleep!

And now... I'm makin' MUFFINS!!!!!!!!!!

In a few hours I get to go in and help with painting the costumes for the opera! I'm so excited about that .
Old 01-07-2008, 11:53 AM   #112
katya
Elven Maiden

Sounds similar to my plans for today Tessar! Let's see how well I do... I'd like to go jogging, lift a little, do LOTS of yoga and some zazen. And read Brothers Karamazov. And cook some healthy food. I have the next 5 days off work before I have to go back to school and I'm psyched!

Also, I made bread from scratch, and not only did it not turn out terribly like I thought it most likely would, it is pretty darn good! Yay!
Old 01-07-2008, 02:56 PM   #113
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Working out, yes. I now understand why I didn't sleep that well before Christmas: I didn't have time to work out. Now I have that wonderful feeling of tired muscles again..

Also happy (or is it just nervousness?) because my friend has asked me to photograph a rock band consisting of young people that are going to compete for a gig at one of the bigger summer rock festivals (Provinssirock). They need some photos for their application, and this friend of mine asked if I could do it.. She had to kick me a few times, since I'm convinced that I'm no good at photographing people, but now I'm quite excited.. We'll see how this goes. X)

Also happy because I'm finally getting the brakes of my bike fixed.. It's been a bit risky, biking without brakes. I really should learn how to fix them myself, though.. Anyway, soon I'll be back on my bike! I miss that.

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 01-07-2008, 11:14 PM   #114
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH omgggggg!!!!! Yee! ^_^

I lurv mah pitch pipe! Today I finally tried just standing in my room and using the pitch pipe to get my starting notes for my vocalizes, and it was AWESOME! Way more convenient than using my laptop's synth, or going downstairs to use the piano.

I have been totally loving this thing. Now that I can sight read a little, all I usually need to do is sit down with my sheet music that I'm learning, use the pipe for the first note, and then bam... take off and check the pitch every now and then.

Seriously: I think they should make pitch-pipes mandatory purchases for all vocal majors. Just because I like mine so much .
Old 01-10-2008, 01:29 AM   #115
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

School has yet to begin, and the DRAMA already begins to spring forth!

This one guy wrote this... strange, somewhat insulting, "omg lets all go be teh best we can beh because rite now this skool sucks!!!" kind of message. I was just shaking my head and trying to figure out where on -earth- he was coming from... did he somehow miss the fact that our singers took home the first place, plus another award, at the -national- singing competition in two age categories? Then we also took home third and fifth in another two categories, the majority of our singers made simi-finals, and over all everyone who went got good marks. I'm not saying we're exactly at a conservatory level or anything, but come on...

So I started to type a reply just pointing out some of the good things about our school.

... then I stopped, hit the back space button, and started laughing.

I am -so- not even going to get involved in this. I refuse to touch it with a ten foot pole. Enough drama will be placed at my feet without me going and throwing a log on this guy's ego-fire.

When it's all said and done... I'm quite happy that I didn't respond. I think I did the right thing.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:44 AM   #116
Nautipus
Kraken King

Definately the best way to approach that situation, Tes.

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons
Old 01-10-2008, 02:11 AM   #117
katya
Elven Maiden

I agree.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:12 AM   #118
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Thanks... I just realized I said National competition... I was thinking 'state' but somehow national came out. Probably because the competitions are held nation-wide. But this one was just for the state of Texas plus parts of the Mexico area.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:31 PM   #119
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I had so much fun today.

I worked at the theater for eight hours, and it was incredibly monotonous. Just basically a lot of seam ripping, painting flames onto the unitards (which was kind of cool, but incredibly painstaking and difficult to fix mistakes), then ironing, cutting fabric (which is SOOO DIFFICULT!!! O.o), and helping prepare a manikin by wrapping it with trashbags so that paint wouldn't get on it tomorrow.

But it was also eight hours spent with two of the kewlest people evah. And that makes it -all- worth while.

Plus my Hobbit/LotR CD recordings came in today! WOOOOT!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 09:10 PM   #120
Nautipus
Kraken King

Awesome, Tes.

Well, I got my peppermint shrimp today, Here's what they look like, and he may not be as big a hold-up as I thought. I also got a new siphon tube, and have developed brand new connections with some new suppliers () which I have a tendency to do. Hopefully in the future: New exotic freshwater for a person who's tank I practically own (school tank, really, but I set the thing up), as well as the prospect of getting my fave pet octopus species in for another person, for whom I'm doing a tank: the California two-spot. Things are going well in the fish world.

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons

Last edited by Nautipus : 01-10-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Closed Thread