FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2002, 01:03 AM   #1141
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Quote:
Originally posted by RÃ*an
newsflash - Border Crossing Mania!
Tempers flared and horns blasted as the Entire Population of Canada and their mothers attempted to negotiate a popular border crossing late Friday. Border officials were puzzled, however, when they discovered a young university student by the name of crickhollow in the queue happily humming "The Road Goes Ever Ever On" and quietly reading. Suspecting that the student's happy mood was caused by more than petrol fumes, officials pulled the vehicle over for a thorough search by drug-detecting dogs, but were amazed to discover no greater narcotic than the entire works of both JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis, a half-empty box of Krispy Kreme donuts, 15 gallons of coffee and a porta-potty. The student was immediately released, while the remaining donuts were confiscated by the dogs for further examination.
Happy Thanksgiving, crickhollow!
Thanks for making me smile, Rian! I did end up taking CSL's Allegory of Love (hahaha--I'm reading it for my paper on medieval literature!)

However, I had an extremely pleasant surprise when I pulled up--no line! Which is a really great thing considering how little gas I had in my tank--I was frantic to make it across where the gas is much cheaper. But I do wonder where all the Winnebagos went...

My apologies for a vent-free post.
Old 10-12-2002, 02:11 AM   #1142
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Gah! Parents soooo annoying! Calling me on my stupid bloody cellphone (i'm going to have to destroy that thing in the fires of Mt. Nokia where it was made! ...neh, TLA reference. ) and yelling at me for not calling every other minute to tell them where i am and where i'm going and the average temperature of the first level of Hell (okay, they aren't so interested in the last one...) but anyway my mum got really mad at me for not calling and then she gave this huge lecture on how i'm not 'relating' to my family, which is more important than seeing my friends and oh nine o'clock is so late at night so they were worried about me even though they KNEW WHERE I WAS! Argh. They're just being parents, i know, but still it's annoying after over a month of relative freedom.

anti-vent: i'm really happy to be seeing all my friends! and now by brother and i get along really well.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 10-12-2002, 06:48 AM   #1143
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

I...hate...hangoevers...i...hate..that...i have...one...and don't...normally get them...*sways*

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 10-12-2002, 06:58 AM   #1144
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I hate needing to do a lot of things and I can't do them coz someone else has to do something else first before I can do my job! Grrr...

*Shares the Elfmaster's hangover*

I had a hangover once more after not drinking for a week and then doing so last night. Before that, I had one yrs ago. I think my tolerance level went down because I stopped. I need another San Mig Cerveza Negra...

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Old 10-12-2002, 07:18 AM   #1145
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally posted by Arathorn

*Shares the Elfmaster's hangover*

I had a hangover once more after not drinking for a week and then doing so last night. Before that, I had one yrs ago. I think my tolerance level went down because I stopped. I need another San Mig Cerveza Negra...
Yay! Yous drunk too! I drank 4 glasses of house white when we were in the restaurant, then i had about 3 or 4 margaritas...very very nice, but i was annoyed there were no umbrellas! I wanted a unbrella in my cocktails! I need a drink...

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 10-12-2002, 07:14 PM   #1146
Garina
Elf Lord

GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Why can't I sleep!!!!!!!!!

Clinical depression sucks!

I need money, I owe various people £50 which I have, but kinda need. Oh well, there goes my hopes of buying the special edition DVD.
Entmoot Resident Bard #2
Wielder of the shiny fire extinguisher
Worshipper of the divine cheesecake

Hamsters and Rangers everywhere, rejoice!!! Minsc, Baldur's Gate 2
Children, don't take drugs. Become a pop star, then people give them to you for free!!! - Billy Mack, Love Actually.

While I'm sure the nice people from the local archery club meant well, a moment's consideration would have made them realise that giving my friend and I lethal weapons was probably not a good idea!

Dammit, eyeliner and dreadlocks should not be that sexy!
Old 10-12-2002, 08:29 PM   #1147
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
Originally posted by Eruviel Greenleaf
Gah! Parents soooo annoying! Calling me on my stupid bloody cellphone (i'm going to have to destroy that thing in the fires of Mt. Nokia where it was made! ...neh, TLA reference. ) and yelling at me for not calling every other minute to tell them where i am and where i'm going and the average temperature of the first level of Hell (okay, they aren't so interested in the last one...) but anyway my mum got really mad at me for not calling and then she gave this huge lecture on how i'm not 'relating' to my family, which is more important than seeing my friends and oh nine o'clock is so late at night so they were worried about me even though they KNEW WHERE I WAS! Argh. They're just being parents, i know, but still it's annoying after over a month of relative freedom.

Hee hee! I find this incredibly amusing... You know I love you EG! I hope I don't get banned from the venting thread for laughing at a vent!
Old 10-12-2002, 09:19 PM   #1148
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
Hee hee! I find this incredibly amusing... You know I love you EG! I hope I don't get banned from the venting thread for laughing at a vent!
You won't. That's why it was created, so that people could vent about crap in their lives without anyone taking it personally or getting mad. I shouldn't think that your laughing about it would get you banned; we are all friends here.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 10-12-2002, 10:18 PM   #1149
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

cassiopeia - thanks for the sympathy - I'm finally a little better but still feverish and achy and and hung-over from Nyquil cold medicine - good stuff! Sorry about your bad days *sigh* - life seems to hand us a few of those, doesn't it? Hope you make it to the concert. And I miss your old avatar! Any chance of it reappearing???

EG - Mt. Nokia - funny!! I like that.

crickhollow - amazing, no line! Winnebagos must have disappeared into the static-y pits of Mt. Nokia before they got to the border.

EXK - so how did the hair end up? Plaits? up or down? buzz cut?

Lizra - I really like that idea - shield maiden! What a good image, and I like Eowyn a lot. "stand back, evil insurance beancounter! You stand between me and my kin's well-being!" "Thou fool! No living man may hinder me!" "But no living man am I! You look upon a MOTHER!" *strikes down evil insurance beancounter*

BTW - anti-vent - the $450 doctor bill that UCLA Medical Center said we owed them (but was pre-approved and should have been fine) - I called UCLA, ready to fight to the death, and the lady said "Oh, no, you don't owe anything, it must have been a mistake!" Oh, brother. Well, at least it was only 1 phone call this time.... *sigh*

Garina - I don't know if you're talking about you or a friend, but ... yes, it is really awful. A close relative of mine is back in the hospital on lithium, and is not doing well. Suddenly my sniffles and fever don't seem so bad...

Well, time for more Nyquil...

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 10-12-2002 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-13-2002, 03:00 AM   #1150
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by Elfmaster XK
Yay! Yous drunk too! I drank 4 glasses of house white when we were in the restaurant, then i had about 3 or 4 margaritas...very very nice, but i was annoyed there were no umbrellas! I wanted a unbrella in my cocktails! I need a drink...
we got cocktail umbrellas today! green ones! sadly, no drinks to put them in... someone give me a mai tai!

i hate how i'm a lightweight...can't drink much without getting reeeeaally tipsy. is annoying. but cheaper! and i'm glad i don't get hangovers. at least i haven't gotten one yet *prays never to have one*

Quote:
it's okay, lizra, i know how funny my post would probably be to a mother

Vent: i have to leave tomorrow!!! nooooo! i mean, i miss college life and all my friends there but nobody there to work on insane crazy vampire stories and run around screaming and talking about the usefulness of Silver Nitrate and wooden stakes and drawing peoples and singing mangled songs and english ballads very loudly with *pout*

i hate not having much money. i need a job.

i really want to see Spirited Away and i can't because i don't have time! meh.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 10-13-2002, 05:44 AM   #1151
Garina
Elf Lord

Unfortunately Rian, I am talking about me.
My mum has it too though.

The reason I am having problems at the moment is that I have been off medication for *counts* 6 weeks. Wow, I didn't realise it was that long! Anyway, the downside is that I feel the same as I did 6 months ago - which is pretty bad. But 6 months ago I was on double medication so...

Your relative sounds worse off than me though. Hope they feel better soon.

Moothug anybody?
Entmoot Resident Bard #2

Children, don't take drugs. Become a pop star, then people give them to you for free!!! - Billy Mack, Love Actually.

While I'm sure the nice people from the local archery club meant well, a moment's consideration would have made them realise that giving my friend and I lethal weapons was probably not a good idea!

Old 10-13-2002, 08:14 AM   #1152
Elfmaster XK

Quote:

EXK - so how did the hair end up? Plaits? up or down? buzz cut?
I went for a kind of elegant knot thing held in with a hairsticks and clip thing. Hard to describe, i may have a photo of me but unfortunately don't remember much of what i took with the camera

Quote:
we got cocktail umbrellas today! green ones! sadly, no drinks to put them in... someone give me a mai tai!

i hate how i'm a lightweight...can't drink much without getting reeeeaally tipsy. is annoying. but cheaper! and i'm glad i don't get hangovers. at least i haven't gotten one yet *prays never to have one*
I'm not a lightweight, not really. I really wanted a Mai Tai, but they didn't do them, so i picked anther random cocktail. But i was really hoping there'd be an umbrella. It was disappointing. Still, i'm going to make a Mai Tai next week Yay! I have no umbrellas though, perhaps you could mail me some of your green ones! I never get hangovers usually. I think it may have been because of the later hous i went to bed.

Garina.... MOOTHUG! just for you.

I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 10-13-2002 at 08:20 AM.
Old 10-13-2002, 03:21 PM   #1153
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Quote:
Originally posted by Eruviel Greenleaf
(i'm going to have to destroy that thing in the fires of Mt. Nokia where it was made! ...neh, TLA reference. )
Yay! TLA reference! TLA rules!

My happiness is the cause of my depression. How pathetic is that?

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Old 10-13-2002, 05:31 PM   #1154
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Anti-vent: NO SCHOOL TOMORROW!!! Yay! TC is happy...plus she finished all of her homework, so she can finish cleaning! Oh, I feel good...

Yes, I am a teenager, voluntarily cleaning. Be afraid. Be very afraid!

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 10-13-2002, 05:34 PM   #1155
Garina
Elf Lord

Anti vent: My brothers are going away!!!!!!! YES! Three days without 2 annoying 14 year old brats.

(no offence intended to any other 14 year olds, 2 of my best friends are that age)
Entmoot Resident Bard #2

Old 10-13-2002, 05:48 PM   #1156
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by TinuvielChild
Anti-vent: NO SCHOOL TOMORROW!!! Yay! TC is happy...plus she finished all of her homework, so she can finish cleaning! Oh, I feel good...

Yes, I am a teenager, voluntarily cleaning. Be afraid. Be very afraid!
I clean the house too. Voluntarily... well, it's either that or watch my mother go into cleaning-frenzy every weekend and end up halfdead at the end of the day, complaining about how her back and feet hurt. And now I think of it that's what I'm supposed to do tomorrow. *sigh* And call those companies to see if I can get one of them to let me do a (what's the English word again?) practical (?) at their office. And go to the city hall to see if there is any policy concerning watertrouble for a paper I have to write and then go through two boxes of old newspapers for the same paper and learn my Spanish and fill in my IAJ-application and ...... iep. I think I better get some sleep right now. Goodnight.
Old 10-13-2002, 06:01 PM   #1157
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

TC - hey, could you stop by my house when you're done cleaning? I have a few projects for you... And have you finished the Sil?

GRRR - I'm late on a bill and I'm gonna get dinged $25 bucks on it! Stupid bills! They hide themselves so I can't find them then show up with a big smile on their papery faces when they're one day late and they know I'll have to pay a fine

Garina - thanks *sigh* she's not so good, but ... I guess we'll just wait and see. I wish she was in the area, but she's not... Should you be off your meds? Are you trying this on your own, or did the doctor want you to try it? Please don't try on your own, you need help balancing chemical things out.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 10-13-2002, 06:06 PM   #1158
Garina
Elf Lord

Don't worry, I haven't just stopped taking them. I started cutting down end of June.

AS levels are really stupid.
Entmoot Resident Bard #2

Old 10-13-2002, 06:09 PM   #1159
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
GRRR - I'm late on a bill and I'm gonna get dinged $25 bucks on it!
Hah. That's nothing. We had our hot water turned off once for a week, and by the time they bloody well got off their fat arses to turn it back on, we had to shell out NZ $130!!!! And that was just the reconnection fee!
Old 10-13-2002, 06:54 PM   #1160
Rían

Grrrr - those utilities! Our water used to be really cheap, then we had a few dry years and they jacked the prices WAAAAY up, but when we get back to normal, do they put them back down?? NOOOO! And it's not like you can just decide to not use water to get back at them!!

Closed Thread