Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 04:19 PM   #1121
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Yeah i did the mailbox thing, hadn't realised it was full.

Quote:
HAH! And you call yourself EVIL! All apologetic and all. Yeah right. You are too good to be evil... You have such a good consciense. Nuff said.
I am so evil. *cold voice* I have no conscience. At least, not usually.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 10-10-2002, 04:26 PM   #1122
TinuvielChild
Padawan

I once made Daughter of Elros so mad that she threw a shampoo bottle at me and stormed out of the room. I was kind of amazed at my own skills, but I didn't feel badly about it because she was really pissing me off. Anyway.

I hate when people take things for granted!

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 10-10-2002, 04:44 PM   #1123
tuthezeng
Hobbit

I hate how short weekends are. I hate my Latin teacher for causing me not to do any work. I hate my English teacher for making the class write page-long paragraphs. I hate my Foriegn Language teach for being so boring. I hate my History teacher for giving the class an art project for homework. I hate my Biology teacher for giving so little work. I hate my math teacher for the same reason.

Sigh... Typing out my frustrations is better than saying them to my wall, although I might have to get a new keyboard soon.
Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
This is not a dress, it's the standard Dread Lord uniform.
If you tell a joke in the forest, but nobody laughs, was it a joke?
Old 10-10-2002, 05:41 PM   #1124
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

I don't usually have a conscience, E XK--that was a rare exception

Argh! Rian...I feel really bad (there goes that rare moment of conscience again), I got your PM and I couldn't reply, but thanks...sorry...meh. By the way, other roommate moved out, but they aren't making us leave because our RA insisted that we don't She's so nice!

I don't want to go back to my high school! ARGH! And i have to now! meh.

Oh...and i can't stand the bloody Bush administration. Silly war-mongerers

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 10-10-2002, 08:11 PM   #1125
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Oh yes. You tried to kill my daddy and now I'm going to war monger for no apparent reason other than to boost our economy.

Okay, first the anti-vent: I've managed to grow my nails! Yay! (Big acheivement for a nail biter.)

Vent: Now I keep scratching myself to pieces with my nails!
Old 10-10-2002, 08:20 PM   #1126
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

a mid-term and mild food poisoning collide on the same day. need I say more?

I will anyway. So there I was, writing my exam, and I could not remember what Shakespeares 146th sonnet was. the one that I needed to remember. *sigh* at least I got a good grade on the paper...
Old 10-10-2002, 09:15 PM   #1127
TinuvielChild
Padawan

*sniffle* Okay, guys, this isn't so much a vent as an incredibly sad and touching moment for me. *wipes eyes* My ballet teacher, who is the most incredible, awesome, caring, fantastic person that you ever met (and the best teacher I've ever had, too), isn't coming back after January. She's moving to New York (Manhattan) and joining the NYPD. *sniff* I'm just totally moved by this, and I'm really sad that she's leaving. I guess this just proves that you really can do anything that you set your mind to. If any of you guys live in New York (I don't think any of you do, but what the heck), and you ever meet a pretty police officer named Erin Ioannisyan, that's her. Don't argue with her . *wipes eyes again and smiles* Thanks for listening. It means a lot to me.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 10-10-2002, 09:42 PM   #1128
osszie
Elven Warrior

Aw TC, it's awful when you lose someone... this is something a friend sent me a long time ago........hope it brings ya some comfort

When someone is in your life for a REASON. . . It is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally, or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend, and they are! They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrongdoing on your part, or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered. And now it is time to move on.
Then people come into your life for a SEASON. Because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn. They bring you an experience of peace, or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons: things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person, and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Oz reverts back to the hippy-punk mode

Last edited by osszie : 10-10-2002 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-11-2002, 07:43 AM   #1129
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally posted by Eruviel Greenleaf
I don't usually have a conscience, E XK--that was a rare exception

Argh! Rian...I feel really bad (there goes that rare moment of conscience again), I got your PM and I couldn't reply, but thanks...sorry...meh.
Good on the roommate situation! Anyway, what is conscience for? I only get twangs of it occasionally when i upset/annoy someone i really don't think deserved it. This was one of those instances. Other than that i have no conscience

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 10-11-2002, 10:07 AM   #1130
TinuvielChild
Padawan

eh..thanks, osszie. I've actually seen that before. Feeling much better now, anyway.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 10-11-2002, 10:57 AM   #1131
Elfmaster XK

Hey TC, will you get a new teacher then? I guess all you can do is be happy for her, but i wonder what indpired her to change? Interesting. We should observe a moment to give sympathy to TC. *Sympathy* I hate it when people go away.

Anti-vent....someone create an anti venting thread too Um, my knife came yay!

Vent - I have to go out for a friends 18th tonight and haven't got a clue how to do my hair! ARG!!! Don't anyone dare mock me for having such a lame vent, but i dunno what to do with the hair... *looks despairing at fuzzy mess*

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 10-11-2002, 12:47 PM   #1132
Garina
Elf Lord

I hate that it is going to take me ages to get back up to date with everything thats gone on here while I've been away!

I hate that I feel absolutely terrible tonight when I've promised to go out with my best friend.

I hate the fact that The Two Towers doesn't come out for far too long, but I'm getting to the stage where I've watched FOTR so many times I know the script off by heart - to the point where I can recite along with my eyes closed. Ok, I need a life.
Entmoot Resident Bard #2
Wielder of the shiny fire extinguisher
Worshipper of the divine cheesecake

Hamsters and Rangers everywhere, rejoice!!! Minsc, Baldur's Gate 2
Children, don't take drugs. Become a pop star, then people give them to you for free!!! - Billy Mack, Love Actually.

While I'm sure the nice people from the local archery club meant well, a moment's consideration would have made them realise that giving my friend and I lethal weapons was probably not a good idea!

Dammit, eyeliner and dreadlocks should not be that sexy!
Old 10-11-2002, 01:31 PM   #1133
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

EG - GREAT news on the room situation!! Hurray!!

EXK - can you (or anyone around you) do French braids? I always like how those look, and it's a great thing to do when you don't have time to wash your hair!

vent - my stupid cold is getting worse, I feel like my nose and forehead is being squished in a vise, and I have to go to 2 soccer games tomorrow morning!! I'm going to bring a GIANT cup of hot tea and honey and sniffle on the sidelines.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-11-2002, 01:39 PM   #1134
Elfmaster XK

Thanks for the idea Rìan. I tried a pretty little knot thing, but then it wouldn't stay as my hair is all dfferent lengths (and colours, though that doesn't effect it ) Plaits don't work either unless its only half my hair i plait, may settle for that...*sigh*

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 10-11-2002, 01:43 PM   #1135
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

anti-vent: food poisoning episode is over. I slept for, like 13 hours last night!

vent: Why is it that the entire Canadian population deems it necessary to funnel through my border crossing every friday afternoon? It's going to be worse today, because it's Canadian Thanksgiving. You'd think that would be a stay at home holiday, but nooooo. The Winnebagos full of old people going on holiday will cram the highway, none of them going over 70 klicks (roughly 45mph), and then they'll inch their way to the border, and I'll be stuck in line for 2 hours.

(anti-vent: I know the shortcut to the border, and will cut in line! *evil maniacal laughter*--however, the wait will still be 45minutes to an hour )
Old 10-11-2002, 01:52 PM   #1136
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

crickhollow - good thing the food poisoning episode is over! That would be quite an experience to be in a border-crossing line for two hours and have to ... um... go

Sounds like a great opportunity to catch up on some reading! CSL or JRR - bring a selection, and a nice cup of coffee or tea (but not TOO big), and read away!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 10-11-2002, 07:54 PM   #1137
tuthezeng
Hobbit

AAHHH!!!! left my algebra notebook in locker over long weekend. not able to survive without some form of mathematics. typing sentence fragments. arrggghh...........
Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
This is not a dress, it's the standard Dread Lord uniform.
If you tell a joke in the forest, but nobody laughs, was it a joke?
Old 10-12-2002, 12:09 AM   #1138
Rían

Quote:
newsflash - Border Crossing Mania!
Tempers flared and horns blasted as the Entire Population of Canada and their mothers attempted to negotiate a popular border crossing late Friday. Border officials were puzzled, however, when they discovered a young university student by the name of crickhollow in the queue happily humming "The Road Goes Ever Ever On" and quietly reading. Suspecting that the student's happy mood was caused by more than petrol fumes, officials pulled the vehicle over for a thorough search by drug-detecting dogs, but were amazed to discover no greater narcotic than the entire works of both JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis, a half-empty box of Krispy Kreme donuts, 15 gallons of coffee and a porta-potty. The student was immediately released, while the remaining donuts were confiscated by the dogs for further examination.
Happy Thanksgiving, crickhollow!

Old 10-12-2002, 12:29 AM   #1139
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

So much has gone wrong for me in the past few days, I have not the heart to tell you.
Rian - I'm sorry about the cold, but unfortunately there is no cure, so you'll just have to have lots of rest and fluids.
Look out for a really really really really big vent from me if my Mum doesn't give me money to go see Paul McCartney in concert! If I don't go, I will do somehing very very very bad.
Old 10-12-2002, 12:30 AM   #1140
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
Originally posted by RÃ*an

Vent - Last year before a surgery I had to spend so much time fighting with them over some issues that I was actually on the phone while we were on a family vacation, and the issue didn't get resolved until the day before surgery! Stupid insurance beancounters - they just hope you'll wear down and give up *sigh*. ....
Rian...I just read this, Oh! I know what you mean. I've gotten very good with these insurance drones. (put on your shield-maiden outfit before you make that first call). I always write down a very simple outline before calling, cause I know I'll be transferred and put on hold, told to call some else, referred to the state, blah, blah, blah. I just look at my outline and pretty much repeat it over and over, till they get sick of it. Sometimes it takes several days of calls, but perseverance pays off! I always hate the first of the year when they take more out of the paycheck and all deductibles disappear! I really hate it when a doctor sends you a bill for something that happened two or three years ago! Aiiiii! Now that's really messing with my head, and my FLEX account, and my income taxes!

Last edited by Lizra : 10-12-2002 at 12:32 AM.
Closed Thread