Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 05:46 PM   #1101
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by sun-star
America is an incredibly powerful country. If you go to war, or become isolationist, it affects everyone. So we care about you, even if you don't care about us.
Well it's obvious we care about you - if we didn't we wouldn't spend billions in tax dollars to protect you - especially during the cold war.

Given the choice - would you rather have France have it's dream of building a EU controlled by them or deal with America?
Quote:

I never said that.
Other's have and all any American has to do is watch the 100,00 anti-war "ant-Anmerican" protestors marching in European cities. They say they're not anti-American at the same time as walking around with our flag with a nazi symbol on it - or with our president dressed up as Hitler. I want to see a 100,000 people in ONE European city demontsrate against Hussein instead of sending a busload of "Human Shields" to protect that tyrant.
Quote:

I wasn't implying that to you specifically at all (if only English had a plural for "you"!). If you hated Europeans I don't suppose you would be replying to me. You're allowed to care more about America than Europe - I certainly care most about Britain, since it's my home I was just suggesting that intolerance and prejudice can go both ways across the Atlantic. Americans are not the innocent victims of the evil prejudices of other nationalities. They can be as annoying as the French sometimes. So can the British, even I admit that
I admit there are ignorant Americans. People who didn't know how the election process actually worked and then complained about it is one example. But most Eropeans don't realise how large our country is - it is larger than Europe. I mapped out where I would have lived in Europe by comparing the distances of all the places I have lived in the US. I have basically lived in London, Belgium, Germany, Turkey, Sweden and Russia (around the Ural Mountains). Yet Europeans constantly say we don't speak other languages and we don't know passports. I don't need a passport to go to Mexico or to Canada or anywhere in the US. Both the US and Canada are English speaking countries - we don't get a chance to USE our foreign language skills. Don't use it - you lose it. If New York required me to have a passport or they spoke a different language - I would have a passport (although I do because I've been to England) and I would speak New Yorker. In order to go to France from England you still need both of these things.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 03-13-2003 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-13-2003, 06:23 PM   #1102
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
I would speak New Yorker.
I speak that everyday

On a lighter note, I have something for everyone

Do you know what time it is?
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 03-13-2003, 06:34 PM   #1103
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Judging from the name, I think that's been posted twice before. Once by me. Quite funny.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 03-13-2003, 07:15 PM   #1104
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
Judging from the name, I think that's been posted twice before. Once by me. Quite funny.
Damn! I guess that's what happens when I don't view all the threads or read what I missed over the past few weeks
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 03-13-2003, 07:28 PM   #1105
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
I speak that everyday
I usually add that New Yorkers actually do speak another language. New York=New Yauk; New Jersey=New Joisey (this one is erroneously attributed to New Jerseyans themselves - but we KNOW how to pronounce our state, unlike the inhabitants across the river.)
Quote:

On a lighter note, I have something for everyone

Do you know what time it is?
The you missed all my MadBlast ones. You'll have to go back and search for them.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 03-13-2003, 07:45 PM   #1106
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
I usually add that New Yorkers actually do speak another language. New York=New Yauk; New Jersey=New Joisey (this one is erroneously attributed to New Jerseyans themselves - but we KNOW how to pronounce our state, unlike the inhabitants across the river.)

The you missed all my MadBlast ones. You'll have to go back and search for them.
Well, being a native New Yorker, don't even get me started on Jersey!

--Linaewen
Old 03-13-2003, 08:10 PM   #1107
jerseydevil

Quote:
Well, being a native New Yorker, don't even get me started on Jersey!
We better not get the New Jersey/New York wars going -let's just stick together on Iraq.

Just remeber - the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island are both in New Jersey waters - not New York.

And we don't call it Jersey - it's NEW Jersey. New Yorkers are so lazy.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 03-13-2003 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:11 PM   #1108
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Speaking of the Statue of Libertarianism....

Will you be sending it back to France soon?

Beatallica
Old 03-13-2003, 08:16 PM   #1109
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
Speaking of the Statue of Libertarianism....

Will you be sending it back to France soon?
No - it's ours. It doesn't have a French Flag flying near it. Why would we give it back? It represents America - not France. If it represented France then she'd have to have her hands up.

There are a lot of World War II veterans giving their medals back to France though.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 03-13-2003, 08:22 PM   #1110
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
No - it's ours. It doesn't have a French Flag flying near it. Why would we give it back? It represents America - not France. If it represented France then she'd have to have her hands up.
Do you deny that the Statue of Liberty was given to the US after the French Revolution........which the US caused by pleading money from French Royalty to fund the colonial war????

That statue is 2000 tons of copper!...The French should at least get scrap value in return

yeesh you spend half the thread dissing those who made you what you are

Beatallica
Old 03-13-2003, 08:37 PM   #1111
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

The operative word here being 'given'.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 03-13-2003, 08:40 PM   #1112
jerseydevil

Quote:
Do you deny that the Statue of Liberty was given to the US after the French Revolution........which the US caused by pleading money from French Royalty to fund the colonial war????
The US didn't cause the French Revolution. I like again something is AMERICA's fault. The overthrow of the British out of America was just as much in French interest - or do you deny that Britain and France were in perpetual war?

Quote:

That statue is 2000 tons of copper!...The French should at least get scrap value in return
I guess we shold send them a bill for the liberation of France durign World War II - not to mention their protection during the Cold War. Isn't it ironic that they left NATO during the height of the Cold War and rejoined after it was over???? They enjoyed the protection of NATO without the responsibility.
Quote:

yeesh you spend half the thread dissing those who made you what you are
Made us what we are? How did they do that? The French didn't even come into the war until after we were winning. At least when we entered World War II - we didn't wait until a sure win and take the easy way of claiming victory. What role did France have in writing our Declaration of Independence or the Constitution? Nothing. The turning point of the Revolution came in December 1776 with the Battle of Trenton and the Battle of Princeton.

It took American ingenuity to build the Panama Canal after the bungling attempt by the French. America finished the job - under budget and ahead of schedule.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 03-13-2003 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:50 PM   #1113
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

ROFLMAO!!!!

How quick you turn history from a pro to a con JD

Beatallica
Old 03-13-2003, 09:03 PM   #1114
jerseydevil

Quote:
ROFLMAO!!!!

How quick you turn history from a pro to a con JD
I'm just stating facts - you can take them anyway you want. You're the one that said we caused the French Revolution and that complete bullsh*t.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 03-13-2003, 09:38 PM   #1115
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

From this point forward I refuse to acknowledge Coney. He is a waste of my time [FLAME DELETED] It is clear he is just trying to get crap started and has no clear sense of reality. I will not combat or argue anything he says, . [FLAME DELETED]I welcome JD and anyone else with this common bond of ignoring a useless creature...

I do however welcome intelligent conversation and debate with anyone else

Last edited by Sister Golden Hair

--Linaewen

Last edited by Dúnedain : 03-13-2003 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-13-2003, 09:39 PM   #1116
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
I'm just stating facts - you can take them anyway you want. You're the one that said we caused the French Revolution and that complete bullsh*t.
*sigh* if you re-read my post you'll find that I said no such thing

Beatallica
Old 03-13-2003, 09:42 PM   #1117
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
From this point forward I refuse to acknowledge Coney. He is a waste of my time [FLAME DELETED] It is clear he is just trying to get crap started and has no clear sense of reality. I will not combat or argue anything he says, [FLAME DELETED] I welcome JD and anyone else with this common bond of ignoring a useless creature...

I do however welcome intelligent conversation and debate with anyone else

[FLAME BAIT DELETED]

Last edited by Sister Golden Hair

Beatallica
Old 03-13-2003, 09:58 PM   #1118
wahine
The Original Amazonian Coconut

Quote:
*goes into motherly scorn mode*America didn't cause the French Revolution, America was the scape-goat. */steps out of motherly scorning Coney mode*

Dunedain
Quote:
...and has no clear sense of reality.
*psychodelic mode**dramatic* Reality is perception. Perception changes, therefor reality changes. So if by said 'reality' you mean reliably tangible objects and immutable events, then there is no such thing. */psychodelic mode*

I beg you not to ask me what I just said.

Last edited by wahine : 03-13-2003 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-13-2003, 10:01 PM   #1119
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by wahine

Dunedain

*psychodelic mode**dramatic* Reality is perception. Perception changes, therefor reality changes. So if by said 'reality' you mean reliably tangible objects ans immutable objects, then there is no such thing. */psychodelic mode*

I beg you not to ask me what I just said.
LOL, huh? Now you are giving me grief like I gave you in the "Protestors" thread, if you haven't seen it yet, I went a little technical on you, lol

--Linaewen
Old 03-13-2003, 10:12 PM   #1120
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by wahine
*goes into motherly scorn mode*America didn't cause the French Revolution, America was the scape-goat. */steps out of motherly scorning Coney mode*
ROFLMFAO!!!!!

Which history books did you read??

Beatallica
Closed Thread